zizzle
CBarca
Blue Barrett
62 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 3 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:49 am

All I hear is excuses. I'd love to see you counter that argument instead of bullshitting "hey, this is wrong". You sound like trump. "Just trust me bro".

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:56 pm

When I left this country 2 weeks ago I left a nation which had never nominated a woman to be president of a major political party. I came back yesterday to a nation poised to shatter the highest of glass ceilings.

Proud of Hillary, and proud of my democratic party. My sisters can be anything they want to be in this country as long as they work hard.

#Imwithher 100%

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:05 pm

was wondering where you went :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:was wondering where you went :bow:

Lol aren't we twitter friends. You could have looked and seen my pictures:lol:
Had to go to the main office for work Mad

Not entirely bad though. Family decided to take their summer vacation during that time so we were able to fly over together. They went on their trip to visit my grandpa's girlfriend family while I was working in Tokyo, and I eventually took a plane to them after I finished work there.

They smartly wanted no parts of Tokyo Laughing Laughing

I'll upload pictures of my time alone in tokyo in the picture thread

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:01 pm

I think it's pretty cool that the US now have the option to get a lady in power, too. I just hope that the French refrain from that in their next election as Marine Le Pen would be a total no-go.

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:18 am

This is quite insightful.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Trump is finished.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ghazala-khan-donald-trump-criticized-my-silence-he-knows-nothing-about-true-sacrifice/2016/07/31/c46e52ec-571c-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?postshare=8891469983786710&tid=ss_tw
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:39 am

That's what people say every time. I mean, Trump said that POW's should not get caught and aren't heroes, and it didn't even hurt his numbers amongst the hawkish right (the same people you would think would be affected by this story).

Trump supporters care most about NOT electing Hillary and getting someone anti establishment in. Trump could start talking about how he hates Jews and it wouldn't matter
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:48 am

From the thousands of comments I've read so far from Hillary and Trump's supporters on social networks, it seems to me that most of them hadn't done a very thorough research prior to choosing their candidate. Instead; they were swayed by ridiculous, frivolous reasons.

Some of those who are going to vote for Hillary are just doing so because they think "It's time a woman is elected in the White House". Really? That's your reason? It doesn't matter whether she's competent or not, you'll vote for her just because she has a vagina? Do you have any idea how many competent women out there who blow Hillary out of the water intellectually and would make far better presidents than her?

Same way with Trump's supporters, if you ask them why are you voting for this guy, they'll tell you :"because we want to make America great again". And if you ask them how is he going to do that, they'll stand there silent as a crypt.

Don't get me wrong, I have spoken to many supporters from both sides who actually gave me good reasons as to why they're going to vote for them. However, the striking majority had ridiculous "reasons", if you can even call them that.

So that's the first thing that irritates me: people who don't care about their country's well-being, who don't do their homework and then show up to vote, solely fueled by ridiculous motives.

The second thing that it's bothering me currently is the cyber bullies roaming on social networks trying to dupe people into voting for their favorite candidate or insult you when they realize you can't be swayed. Hillary and Trump have a ton of those.

You have every right to vote for Hillary or Trump, even for ridiculous reasons, unfortunately. But don't try to force other people to do the same just because you're a narrow-minded simpleton who can't wrap their head around the fact that people can have different opinions. Let them do their own research without you bullying and insulting them.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:46 pm

Sadly your observations are very spot on. Especially for fringe positions, you seldom hear people having good reasons. It's usually a decision from "the gut", or something similar idiotic.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:39 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
So that's the first thing that irritates me: people who don't care about their country's well-being, who don't do their homework and then show up to vote, solely fueled by ridiculous motives.

If you're irritated by the human nature and the average of our species, you're going to have a tough time.

Quite the opposite: it is easy to predict all that happening what you said and one would do well to not get irritated by it; rather think how it can be manipulated in your favour.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:54 pm

Demon hit the nail right on the head.

What's even more disturbing is how Hillary and Trump supporters are really targeting people who have made it known that they'll be voting 3rd party, as if that's the worst thing possible.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Well, if you look at the stances with respect to economics, education, health, immigration atc then the promises Clinton makes are far ,more sensible than anything Trump utters. Let's put it like this - Clinton's promises are something the population could look forward to, Trumped should better be feared. Whether they manage to actually fulfil their promises is of course something different, but I'd rather see something one could hope for than something one would have to fear.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:10 pm

One could say that Trump supporters are behind because they are hoping for an end to Obama era policies rather than fear of a continuation of it hmm
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:20 pm

can't actually see Hilary continuing any of Obama's policies tbh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:24 pm

It's more likely than Trump continuing any of it though hmm
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:43 pm

She'll continue a large majority of them, but will part with him on some like TPP for instance. She's not fooling anyone with this uber liberal platform. She'll come running right to the middle when she wins.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:48 pm

Demon wrote:Some of those who are going to vote for Hillary are just doing so because they think "It's time a woman is elected in the White House". Really? That's your reason? It doesn't matter whether she's competent or not, you'll vote for her just because she has a vagina? Do you have any idea how many competent women out there who blow Hillary out of the water intellectually and would make far better presidents than her?

While I agree with you, I think most people making this argument are older women who fear that if it's not Hillary they will never see a woman president in their life and would like to see that breakthrough. Most millenial women voted for Sanders and the "H is a woman!" argument doesn't sway them, probably because they assume that a woman president is merely a matter of time.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:01 am

And they're probably right, as evidenced by the fact that Hillary is by most measures the established Status Quo candidate.

At least compared to the very progressive Sanders, or the very insane Trump.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:46 am

McLewis wrote:Demon hit the nail right on the head.

What's even more disturbing is how Hillary and Trump supporters are really targeting people who have made it known that they'll be voting 3rd party, as if that's the worst thing possible.

There is nothing wrong with it (voting third party), though it is impossible to have a viable 3rd party in the US. So those people are kind of throwing their vote away, in a sense. It's not too different from not voting.

In that respect it is completely understandable to go after those who are 3rd party. In all likelihood, they're from your side of the political spectrum, the goal is to convince them (from Hillary's point of view) not to vote against their vested interest in a liberal SCOTUS and...a Trump presidency. For Trump, it's the opposite.

THAT being said, I would personally never target someone who is voting third party and try and get them to vote for Hillary, but that's because I don't particularly think that's good manners.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:52 am

If you live in a state where your vote doesn't matter (most of them, for president anyways) and you're disillusioned with both parties there is no reason not to vote 3rd party just to highlight that fact
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:55 am

That's also fair, and I wouldn't disagree.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:45 am

Pretty interesting interview of the LA times editorial board with Johnson:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-gary-johnson-libertarian-transcript-20160729-snap-story.html

Personally if I could vote I would go for him reasons being: I identify as socially liberal and fiscally conservative, I think the two party system is inherently corrupt & he would be the least divisive option and have the ability to actually build bridges and pass legislation since Reps/Dems would not actively try to stall him (at the same time he would be moderated by what he can actually pass so there would be very little danger of his libertarian dreams coming true).

Hope he gets his 15%, if he makes the debates all bets are off. Then again he might be responsible for President Trump Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:50 am

Two party system will never go away, unfortunately.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:28 pm

not a fan of Gary Johnson. No thanks

Also idealism is not reality. You vote third party, you're voting for whoever you were gonna let win. If you're democratic but vote third party, you just gave trump a one up. Vice versa. It's simple, so it's better not to play ignorance as reality
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 pm

It's not ignorance though. I disagree completely with that assertion.

It's an expression of dissatisfaction with the status quo. People are tired of both of these parties conning them into shit that simply won't happen, just to keep their own hold on power. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to break that cycle.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next