RED
Valkyrja
Glory
RealGunner
Vlad the Impaler
18 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield - Page 6 Empty Re: Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:33 pm

He said that he changed Mata because he was the smallest in the team and wasn't tall enough for high balls when defending in the last minutes. Laughing This is what a friend of mine told me that Mourinho said.

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield - Page 6 Empty Re: Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:40 pm

About Fellaini, I honestly don't judge him for this mistake. It can happen to anybody. He was very good in the first half, at least I personally liked the way he defended and controlled the midfield. In the 2nd half he was physically down and easily explainable because he only trained for one week. Mourinho forced him to get in better shape.

In the post match interview, Jose stated that Fellaini's mistake was also because the pitch was very slow.

I'm fine with him for the moment, to be honest. Good squad player. With Pogba coming, we have great depth and the other midfielders should be more enthusiastic and play with more desire.

Regarding Martial, I didn't look at it that way, but now that you said it, I kind of agree with you. Hopefully, things will get better for him.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:43 pm

I wouldn't make too much of this game. The midfield isn't going to be the one that starts for Man U. Also, Rooney is going to get benched soon :coffee:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:I wouldn't make too much of this game. The midfield isn't going to be the one that starts for Man U. Also, Rooney is going to get benched soon :coffee:

Why Rooney? Mou already used Fellaini as the Pogba placeholder.
Very similar players, tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:50 pm

Jokes aside, anybody who watched the game could see a pretty decent Fellaini in the first half. He defended very well, covered Zlatan's ass a few times plus he gave a few nice passes and didn't cause any problems. That's huge for Fellaini! Laughing

Plus he didn't train only for a week before this game. He was physically down in the second half but Mourinho let him play so he could get in better shape.

Herrera, Schneiderlin, Pogba and Carrick should be the main central midfielders this season. Not a very strong midfield, probably not in top 10 in europe to be honest. Luckily, we got Pogba and there's a chance of improvement.

The attack is our greatest weapon on paper. Mata, Mkhi, Martial, Rashford, Ibra, Depay, Lingard even fkin Rooney. Not many teams have this depth in the attacking compartment. It's up to Mourinho if he manages to get them to play at their max. level.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:26 am

Pros:
Bailey bossed it. Ibra scored. Great goal by Lingard (big game player this lad is). First bit of silverware for Mou. Valencia looking capable of putting in crosses all of a sudden (long may it continue).

Cons:
Fellaini's back pass to gift Vardy the goal. Rooney stinking out the place with another shitty performance. Mata's sub, nothing wrong with it since Mou explained the reasoning behind it, but it created a bit of an unneeded uproar at the time. Not that it matters now.

Final conclusion:

Little by little we're getting there. Mou said in the post match that it'll take time for many of the players to unlearn LVG's method of cautious drab football. I'm excited by this team's prospects.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:01 am

@RED

Basically, Rooney was the only one who truly underperformered. Very Happy
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:00 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:@RED

Basically, Rooney was the only one who truly underperformered. Very Happy

Thought for a few days and I realized that he didn't underperform. He played in his usual note. scratch
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6