RED
Valkyrja
Glory
RealGunner
Vlad the Impaler
18 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield Empty Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Less than a month until it happens. First official game for Mourinho.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield Empty FA Community Shield - Leicester vs Manchester United

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Less than a month until it happens. First official game for Mourinho before the EPL debut for Man United.

Very Happy
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield Empty Re: Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Should be a straight forward win for United
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield Empty Re: Wembley 07/08/2016 Leicester - Manchester United FA Community Shield

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:Should be a straight forward win for United

Based on what? We have a new coach, first official game, new additions in the squad, finished 5th in the league last season and Leicester comes as champions of EPL.

I'd say it is hard to predict what will happen, more like a 50%-50% game.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:02 am

Lester have managed to keep their players from vultures until now. Can see Kante moving, but theres that Mendy lad coming. So basically it will be last season's 11 minus Kante.
Beginning of the season, chance to win another silverware, I think their lads will be fired up more for this one.
Can see it being a high scoring match and a win for Lester. 3-2 my prediction.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:15 am

United easily.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:15 am

It's somehow possible to see many goals, even if a Mourinho side is involved because it is just the first official game and the team will, probably, not have time to assimilate his defensive tactics.

Valkyrja wrote:United easily.

After RG, now you. Laughing Why people disregard that much the Leicester team?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:21 am

Reverse jinx man. They doesnt want United to win.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:26 am

Glory wrote:Reverse jinx man. They doesnt want United to win.

I thought they are not limited only on jinxing on this forum. Literally it is all I can see in terms of discussing a football game lately. Maybe my expectations were too high. I am so sorry for them. Sad
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:57 am

Glory wrote:Reverse jinx man. They doesnt want United to win.

Not really. I firmly believe that United will walk past Leicester.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:44 am

I made a bet with a friend of mine.

If Zlatan plays in the Community Shield, scores and Man United wins the match, he'll get me the new home shirt, with Zlatan typed on the back.

Proud

So, who is with me? bounce
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:06 am

Mourinho wrote:“[...] and I want to train with the whole group for the Galatasaray, Everton and Leicester City games so that we are ready for the Premier League. A good result means going home without any injuries.”

So, does Mourinho belive the FA Community Shield should be nothing more than a training for the EPL start?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Hope so. We are a game short in terms of our preparation cos of the washed out match. We have seen what an awfully short pre season did last season to chelsea's title defense. They never really recovered from that and finished 10th.

CS is not so prestigious a competition these days. Having said that I know we should be looking to win it too so that lads can experience that winning feeling once again and in the process get a lift going into the new season. But if Jose's setting his sights on the Bournemouth match instead its totally fine.

I would play a mixed team in that game and include any players even the fringe ones who are in need of match fitness in it.
Something like

ddg
darmian-smalling-rojo-shaw
schneiderlin-schweini(if he stays)
mcki-mata-martial
zlatan

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:25 pm

I just want us to sign Pogba in time so he's available to start this match.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Yeah, if it is to happen it should happen as fast as possible.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 pm

Not much until the FA CS. What's your line-up prediction considering the pre-season performances from our players?

This is mine:

De Gea
Valencia - Bailly - Blind - Shaw
Carrick - Schneiderlin
Mata - Rooney - Martial
Ibra

However, I think Mkhitaryan will play and Mata will sit on the bench.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:34 am

With Rooni destined to start with Ibra we will have enough defensive presence in that midfield. Therefore its worthless to put 2 DMs in a pivot in the center midfield. I would rather have Herrera playing in place of Schneidi. He was decent yesterday and him quickly recycling possession was one of the reasons why we looked slightly better in the 1st half.Moreover Leicester is going to sit back and counter anyway. So its pointless to put too many defensive players in there.

Apart from that yea. The same. Mata has been better than Mkhi so far in preseason and he suits that neat one touch game Ibra was displaying yesterday more than Mkhi I think. So yep the same as above with just 1 exception. Ander for Morgan.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:56 pm

I didn't see Herrera yesterday because I didn't watch the first half. Somehow I stayed with the impression from the other games in the pre-season + Carrick played with a lot of vertical passes in the last few games and looked more like a b2b midfielder. He is changed since Mourinho arrived.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Dont get me wrong. I wasnt faulting you. Just stated my opinion thats all. Yea based on the preseason performance overall probably Morgan deserves to start alongside Michael. And aye, Carrick was a bit more forward thinking in the 1st 2-3 matches. But then you have to also consider the opposition in those games. Wigan and Gala were nowhere near good. Did he play against BVB btw ? I dont remember.
Anyway the point is yesterday Carrick essentially played more as a deep lying CM even to the extent one or 2 times he was filling in as a 3rd CB when both our full backs went up. Dont think hence Mourinho will make Carrick change his game and he shouldnt at his age. He is best at what he does and should stick to doing that.
Everton was the 1st real game we had if we ignore that BVB game and if in that Carrick's job was to sit back and play as a DM then I assume he would continue doing the same against other pl clubs too.

And moreover we have seen how defensive and negative that pairing had been last season, albeit under an ultra defensive coach.

Ander on the other hand was decent yesterday. He made us tick. It was his best performance in all the pre season games and it seems his confidence is slowly building. Even did a nutmeg Proud So thats why I want him to start Sunday. More so because there would be a constantly tracking back Wayne Rooney ahead of him in no.10. We have our defense covered therefore. We need someone who can provide that pass quickly and link up that midfield with attack. Leicester wont attack us unless we attack them first. So let's give them what they want and for that we need attack minded players like Herrera.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:16 pm

U guys should be worried about The Fifa Legend Mousa imo. I have seen things yesterday.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Lucifer wrote:U guys should be worried about The Fifa Legend Mousa imo. I have seen things yesterday.

What things? What happened? Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:35 pm

Glory wrote:Dont get me wrong. I wasnt faulting you. Just stated my opinion thats all. Yea based on the preseason performance overall probably Morgan deserves to start alongside Michael. And aye, Carrick was a bit more forward thinking in the 1st 2-3 matches. But then you have to also consider the opposition in those games. Wigan and Gala were nowhere near good. Did he play against BVB btw ? I dont remember.
Anyway the point is yesterday Carrick essentially played more as a deep lying CM even to the extent one or 2 times he was filling in as a 3rd CB when both our full backs went up. Dont think hence Mourinho will make Carrick change his game and he shouldnt at his age. He is best at what he does and should stick to doing that.
Everton was the 1st real game we had if we ignore that BVB game and if in that Carrick's job was to sit back and play as a DM then I assume he would continue doing the same against other pl clubs too.

And moreover we have seen how defensive and negative that pairing had been last season, albeit under an ultra defensive coach.

Ander on the other hand was decent yesterday. He made us tick. It was his best performance in all the pre season games and it seems his confidence is slowly building. Even did a nutmeg Proud So thats why I want him to start Sunday. More so because there would be a constantly tracking back Wayne Rooney ahead of him in no.10. We have our defense covered therefore. We need someone who can provide that pass quickly and link up that midfield with attack. Leicester wont attack us unless we attack them first. So let's give them what they want and for that we need attack minded players like Herrera.

Agreed. Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 am

Lucifer wrote:U guys should be worried about The Fifa Legend Mousa imo. I have seen things yesterday.

We played CSKA last year in CL and he was decent in those games. Yea probably needs to watch out. But will he start at the expense of Oka ? Oka was a very integral part of their play last season. His industry.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:41 pm

PS. @Glory I made the prediction based on what players will Mourinho probably want to use. Personally, I would start with Carrick and Herrera, even Rashford on the left wing, not Martial. Razz And Mata over Rooney + Mkhitaryan as RAM.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:22 pm

Zlatan to score, my only prediction for this game.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next