Lucifer
Sushi Master
Based Bonera
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who will go through?

Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - Venezuela vs Argentina - Page 4 Vote_lcap38%Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - Venezuela vs Argentina - Page 4 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - Venezuela vs Argentina - Page 4 Vote_lcap62%Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - Venezuela vs Argentina - Page 4 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - Venezuela vs Argentina - Page 4 Empty Re: Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - Venezuela vs Argentina

Post by Harmonica Sun 19 Jun - 2:37:33

Lmao at the Argentina defense, can you please wake up?

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - Venezuela vs Argentina - Page 4 Empty Re: Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - Venezuela vs Argentina

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun 19 Jun - 2:38:00

What a game lol
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun 19 Jun - 2:38:01

GOATron and his PL level heading Proud

Wait wtf
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 19 Jun - 2:38:15

Messi Lamela. :bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun 19 Jun - 2:38:48

Dempsey gonna feast on that argent D.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 19 Jun - 2:38:52

Wtf is going on

Lamela 4-1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun 19 Jun - 2:39:12

Mr_Puyol wrote:Dempsey gonna feast on that Argentina D.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 19 Jun - 2:42:22

argentina just needed their forwards to grow beards to get back in form.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 19 Jun - 2:42:24

messi pls dont tease
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 19 Jun - 2:47:21

Finally Biglia in for some of this unknown defense stuff.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 19 Jun - 2:49:34

Argentina's positional structure is awful. They're so bad at building from the back.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 19 Jun - 2:59:49

4-1 FT
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 19 Jun - 3:00:04

Who does Argentina face in the semis?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun 19 Jun - 3:01:54

Casciavit wrote:Who does Argentina face in the semis?

USA...USA... USA
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun 19 Jun - 3:02:18

Casciavit wrote:Who does Argentina face in the semis?

Freedom
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 19 Jun - 3:34:51

I will cry if we win

Greatest tournament in the world
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun 19 Jun - 6:49:44

Sushi Master wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Venezuela rofl

Don't belong in a seniors league yet alone the quarter finals of a supposedly serious competition Laughing

Where are you from exactly, and what club do you support that now competitions are won by 'deserving' them?

We might not have the talent pool, but losing against the World Cup finalists is no thing to be ashamed of.

What do you want, an Eurocup defensive snorefest? At least all teams, small or large try to get positive results.

No offense meant mate, I get that you're Venezuelan so it comes off as elitist but it wasn't meant like that. I can give you credit for playing positive football for sure, but the fact of the matter is the talent in this squad (as you acknowledged) just isn't there. When I see teams as disorganized tonight as Venezuela were, making back passes right on a plate to Higuain, as a neutral I can't help but be disappointed at the quality.

I live in Canada and support AC Milan - I'm no stranger to teams that lack talent. I just wish at this stage in a major tournament the level was a bit higher.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 19 Jun - 7:35:34

Venezuela kicked out a Uruguay out of the cup and almost finished 1st in a group with both them and Mexico... If it were not for a terrible penalty and some very bad GK decisions (my Venezuelan friends tell me that there is a better one available which this coach doesn't like for some reason) it could have been even at HT.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 19 Jun - 7:57:51

If you want high quality football look no further than the USMNT

Dempsey will run riot on this Argentine backline
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun 19 Jun - 8:39:04

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Venezuela kicked out a Uruguay out of the cup and almost finished 1st in a group with both them and Mexico... If it were not for a terrible penalty and some very bad GK decisions (my Venezuelan friends tell me that there is a better one available which this coach doesn't like for some reason) it could have been even at HT.

Let's not forget Argentina were denied the clearest penalty I've seen in awhile at 2-0 and clearly switched off when it seemed the game was over half an hour in. As for Uruguay and Mexico, we saw today just how bad the latter is, and the former without Suarez is nothing special. That Venezuela were let back into the game is more of a testament to complacency than anything else. When Argentina wanted to, they ripped them apart.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun 19 Jun - 8:40:47

CBarca wrote:If you want high quality football look no further than the USMNT

Dempsey will run riot on this Argentine backline

Funnily enough the US might actually be the second best team in this tournament (a testament to the hilarious state SA football is in) and could easily win it if Argentina choke as per usual.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun 19 Jun - 8:51:29

It will be a USA vs chile final

U heard it here first
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun 19 Jun - 9:08:01

Seems s.american teams and referees are thugs and criminals. USA only team in the competition which is not a thug team
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 19 Jun - 16:01:02

Cruijf wrote:Let's not forget Argentina were denied the clearest penalty I've seen in awhile at 2-0 and clearly switched off when it seemed the game was over half an hour in. As for Uruguay and Mexico, we saw today just how bad the latter is, and the former without Suarez is nothing special. That Venezuela were let back into the game is more of a testament to complacency than anything else. When Argentina wanted to, they ripped them apart.

That's not the point though, you're talking about Venezuela as if they were San Marino when in fact they did well in a group with regional heavyweights Mexico and Uruguay, who have players probably worth more than their entire team and compete for the highest titles (Godin, JM Gimenez, Chicharito, etc). If they're playing QFs it's because they earned it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun 19 Jun - 16:29:46

Cruijf wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Venezuela rofl

Don't belong in a seniors league yet alone the quarter finals of a supposedly serious competition Laughing

Where are you from exactly, and what club do you support that now competitions are won by 'deserving' them?

We might not have the talent pool, but losing against the World Cup finalists is no thing to be ashamed of.

What do you want, an Eurocup defensive snorefest? At least all teams, small or large try to get positive results.

No offense meant mate, I get that you're Venezuelan so it comes off as elitist but it wasn't meant like that. I can give you credit for playing positive football for sure, but the fact of the matter is the talent in this squad (as you acknowledged) just isn't there. When I see teams as disorganized tonight as Venezuela were, making back passes right on a plate to Higuain, as a neutral I can't help but be disappointed at the quality.

I live in Canada and support AC Milan - I'm no stranger to teams that lack talent. I just wish at this stage in a major tournament the level was a bit higher.

Yes, we lack talent. Yeah, we're kind of a mess. If you thought we've been a mess throughout this CA, well, you just have to see where we're at in the WC qualifiers. Due to some utterly incompetent coaching, we have 1 (!) point out of 6 matches.

Our current coach has literally been coaching for a few months, and the improvements are massive. No longer are we dependent on set pieces, ugly as frack aimless ball hoofing and the waste of our actual talent. Two wins, two clean sheets and a draw against Mexico ain't bad at all. Again, for Venezuela. We're not Germany here. I'm anxious to see where some half decent coaching can get us.

Our players might not get into the best clubs (He's Venezuelan? Aren't they good at like, baseball?) as of yet, but we're at least at the stage where top flight European leagues consider our talents. They're not really that good compared to elite NTs, but they're not half as bad as they seem, either.

We don't have the population or player base of Europe, but we do have the trophies. :coffee: Thus, why we must invite teams outside CONMEBOL to play. Yeah, there are some teams in shitty form or with shit coaches (what usually happens, because of lack of talent there ain't) and a juggernaut like Brazil should be doing better, but Chile is a solid team, the US always does well even in the WC, Argentina are WC and Colombia are blessed with talent on every front.

You know how many backpasses or small little mistakes Higuain has pounced on in his career? That's exactly his thing. Mix that with our mediocre players, a high pressure game and maybe a little too aggressive tactics against a team like Argentina, and well, shit happens. We lost, but the boys gave it their all, some just plain fcked up, but it was a massive improvement over the utter shit we've been playing before this coach took the reigns. Losing 4-1 against Argentina, with a failed penalty and hitting the post ain't bad at all, for my standards.

Look, I get the USA hype but no way in hell are they better than Chile or Colombia Laughing. They are definitely a good team, that I will say. Hell, if we didn't get Argentina in the draw, and say, Mexico (Laughing) we could have even gotten farther I'd say. The team did very well overall. Proud
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 19 Jun - 21:54:13

Bunch of haters. Venezuela beat Uruguay, Jamaica and was leading Mexico for most of the game (who they tied). If they dont "deserve" to be in the tournament then who does? lets wait for Canada to win their first football game so we can see a proper team I guess.

The final was destined from the game 1 to be a replay of last year, Chile-Argentina. Not enough time has passed. Those 2 are comfortably the best teams in the tournament.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next