Valkyrja
halamadrid2
Perucho21
Doc
sportsczy
24 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Final: Undecima, here we come!

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun May 08, 2016 9:36 am

sportsczy wrote:Carlo failed badly against Atleti most times though because he played them the same way every time and Simeone figured it out and adjusted... but then Carlo didn't adjust himself.

I'd like Zidane to let Atleti have the ball and push out a bit so we hit them with counters.  Flip the script on them and see how they handle it.  It also allows some of our brain surgeon defenders to work off their extra energy and settle in quicker...  I'd rather they make a bonehead play early then have it happen later Laughing Once we settle into the game, then we should push up.

No, we were just very unlucky. You fail to mention we had no problems creating chances. Created enough chances that made barca and bayern chance creation look like kid stuff. Our problem was that when we had the chances, our forwards showed maximum complacency and missed shots.

Evey atletico game we had under Carlo we always had chances to put game to bed. But our inefficiency in front of goal costed us each match. One of the more very unusual notes for certain.
It wasnt like half chances, we had great chances that against another team we would score and demolish. Just not atletico. Carlo was just very unlucky, the tactics were correct. Even that 4-0 loss we had plenty chances to score 5 which is why i didnt complain about that result. We just didnt take our chances. That year was certainly strange. The ball just wouldnt go in.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Final: Undecima, here we come!

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Once is a coincidene, twice is chance, thrice is a pattern. How very shortsided to call us unlucky when Atleti deserved to win every single one of those games. Sport is right, Carlo was very rigid, refused to change anything even when it was apparent that it would not work. Zidane made changes straight away to where he saw we had problems
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 08, 2016 6:39 pm

with atleti dropping points in the league, i become even more nervous about this game and how focused they'll be. i hope we show the steel we did in the last clasico, the major difference being that atleti won't want the ball, and that's even more dangerous for us
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 08, 2016 6:42 pm

It's going to be the most boring final in recent years probably. Both teams are going to sit in their own half scared as f*ck to lose the final Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Can't wait to hear reaction from both Atleti and Barca fans after we win this CL, after the first half of season we have had! As well as the usual GL trolls that have been dishing us for such an easy route to final and will get killed by Atleti.

We end up with the biggest trophy of all, one point off of la liga crown in 2nd.

Barca end up with the liga (barely), and that who cares 3rd trophy.

Atleti ends up with nothing, 3rd in liga and runner up in CL.

ANd the good news is we end up with this result with a flawed team that has to be better next year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Arbeloa: "Atletico are a great team, but we are Real Madrid"

:bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 08, 2016 9:07 pm

You can't say Atleti and Barca have been better teams this season... because they haven't up to now.  Who would have thought in March that we would be in a position to comfortably make such a statement.

@bill... as you previously mentioned and I fear as well... Flo may feel justified in his choices if we win CL. That's the downside. But what can you do. Just win CL and hope Flo doesn't stay mental.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Yeah Sports, That's my biggest fear right now. I'm still waiting to see how he handles the appeals. I wondering though when they will happen. Ideally before Euros, but who knows with Fifa. I believe that process and his mindset will have a large influence on his summer market. He's not getting the signing pressure from Barca this summer!

The other factor is the EPL teams are likely to be active, but I don't see Barca (nor Atleti) doing much. That leaves just PSG (maybe), Bayern (maybe) and Juve (maybe) as competition in signings besides the EPL teams.

I definitely at this stage don't see most of players we voiced exits going. I don't see Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos, Isco, any of the defense going. I do see possibly James. Then there is always the possible discussions re Benz and Navas. I just hope if he is bringing in another Galatico it is someone who can fix our balance, not someone who will disrupt it any more.

I think the moment Zidane wins the CL, he needs to have a serious discussion with Flo as to what the team needs. In other words he should strike when the iron is hot.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon May 09, 2016 4:12 am

Only atletico can make that statement, Barcelona only showed ineptitude come against our flawed team with a guy only a few months in with madrid. Barcelona is overrated.

We will see soon enough whether Zidane has any authority or if its still the circus in the white house.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El blanco de Oriente Mon May 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Regardless of the season's results, ZZ deserves a shot at continuing his work at Madrid. I would be glad even if we end up as runners up at UCL and La Liga, rather than competing in the Europa League, to which Benitez was leading us.
El blanco de Oriente
El blanco de Oriente
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Now that we are in the final i will accept nothing less than a win. I'd rather go out in the semi final than lose it on the last hurdle. I will accept these Benitez-lite tactics that we saw vs Valencia in the 2nd half, this season because ZZ is new and has only had 3 months to work with the team but a win is what I would expect from these players considering 80% of the players played in that last final against Atleti
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Barça winning the double this year should motivate our guys to leave their hearts out on the pitch against Atlético. I'm not a professional athlete, but I imagine if I were, I would kill myself to get my hands on the last trophy I can still win.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Mon May 09, 2016 2:59 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Now that we are in the final i will accept nothing less than a win. I'd rather go out in the semi final than lose it on the last hurdle. I will accept these Benitez-lite tactics that we saw vs Valencia in the 2nd half, this season because ZZ is new and has only had 3 months to work with the team but a win is what I would expect from these players considering 80% of the players played in that last final against Atleti

Prior the game that should be our attituted but what if we lose, we could play with all our heart and well and still lose it's football after all, i think ZZ deserves a full season and the possibility to choose his squad, have a preseason, i don't think there is another option, players seem happy with him and we all know what happened when whe changed a "loved" coach, i think regardless who were the coach the dressing room was not gonna be happy, the players were aiming at Flo and not Benitez

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Claudio, there is no way Z won't be back! Despite what some people say, he has earned the job. What he has accomplished in just 3 months is impressive to say the least. We all (including Z and Flo) hope for the CL crown, but that win or not does not break nor make his success. Besides I think we are going to win!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 09, 2016 4:42 pm

You can't expect a win against Atleti. Every game against them comes down to one or two plays that can go either way... so it's a flip of a coin to me. If we happen to be lucky that day, we win. There isn't much you can do about it either. Atleti are that good in their execution.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 09, 2016 7:16 pm

I am not expecting a win per se but I would be lying if I told you that I would be ok with losing and put it down to ZZ only being here for a short while. I want the win. I know full well that we are going to have to suffer for it. I expect full focus from every single one of the players that start
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue May 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Give atletico the ball and let's do the countering. Their strength is in playing as the underdogs. Make them the favorites and watch them blow it.
I trust Zizou to set up the team perfectly.

I am not the least bit worried about Navas, Bale and Vasquez; they would have to play through injury. Its a final!
If playing will further aggravate their injuries and hamper their chances of playing in Euros, I say 'what's the point of saving yourself for a competition where you have 10% chance of winning and forfeiting a game with a 50% chance.

The look on the face and feeling in the heart of Barca fans would be the second best gift any madridista can ask for.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 14, 2016 6:22 pm

2 weeks to go

Zidane gave Ronaldo rest apparently against Depor. Weird sub considering Ronaldo wants to play every minute. Our players are all in form. When does that ever happen for us at the business end of a season

We are going to give our all after Barca won the league and possibly the cup too. If we win the CL this season would have been damn successful. We were never in the Copa, we fought for the league till the end, Zidane rotated the whole team, and a CL final that could see us win our 11th CL
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 14, 2016 6:56 pm

La liga is finally over. Now is the time to focus on what matters.

I hope everyone will be ready come the biggest game of the year.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sat May 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Proud of this team!

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 17, 2016 1:45 pm

@Hala, have you seen the seleccion VDB announced today? Still think badly of him?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 17, 2016 3:13 pm

How much do you want to bet Lucas will be first one to be discarded? 2 players will be gone come Euro. Bartra getting called up despite Nacho playing more than him. Yeah.......no
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 17, 2016 3:30 pm

Scrubtra rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 17, 2016 5:47 pm

I thought you would pleased with Lucas selection as well as confirmation about what I said about Carvajal. I guess you just look at this thru Real Madrid viewpoint whereas I look at it as best Spanish squad. Re Bartra vs Nacho. It's as a 4th CB, won't play much and it really is only a slight nod vs NT experience. Bottom line it doesn't make any difference to team strength.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 17, 2016 6:01 pm

Yep I have no affiliation with the Spanish NT, only want our deserved players to be called up. Calling up Lucas I have to admit is bold by VDB but if he cuts Pedro instead of him I will be super impressed. Doubt it though.

Regarding Nacho and Bartra I see where you are coming from but it would have been nice experience for Nacho getting called up especially after impressing whenever he has played. I guess that confirms that he will leave at the end of the season to get more playing time which is a shame for us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm

That Spain NT looks terrible.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next