RealGunner
McAgger
rincon
salmano9
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What would you prefer?

Keep Morata or get Cavani? Vote_lcap50%Keep Morata or get Cavani? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
Keep Morata or get Cavani? Vote_lcap50%Keep Morata or get Cavani? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Keep Morata or get Cavani? Empty Keep Morata or get Cavani?

Post by salmano9 Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:29 am

There are reports saying that Morata may leave this summer and that we would get Cavani as a replacement. Would you rather keep Morata and have him develop here OR buy Cavani to have more experience in the squad?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Keep Morata or get Cavani? Empty Re: Keep Morata or get Cavani?

Post by rincon Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:50 am

Cavani (at least Napoli's Cavani) is one of my favorite strikers. Why do we need him though? the time to buy him was last summer, now we have Morata, Mandzukic and Zaza.

If Madrid takes Morata then I say we should move for a player more in the SS/inside forward type. That can both sub for Dybala and play a different role. We dont need Cavani, Mandzukic and Zaza. If Zaza or Mandzukic go as well then yeah he is perfect, otherwise it seems a but unnecessary.

I'd like us to be able to play with 2 or 3 forwards next season like this one (3-5-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3) so we need some cover for Dybala and some flexibility in our strikers.

There's talk that Conte will want Cuadrado back as well so we'll have positions to fill. I don't know if spending all the money on Cavani is the best idea.

Ideally I wanna see this:

Morata-Dybala/Mandzu-Berardi

Mandzu/Morata-Dybala/Berardi

Cavani would be an improvement over Morata there, but I would rather spend the money on Berardi and an AM to play Allegri's favorite formation.

Last edited by rincon on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:02 am

Benteke is available in the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:08 am

Zaza>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:11 am

Cavani is 29. Probably has 3-4 years left in him. Morata is young and still developing and has amazing talent which can be worked on for years to come.

I don't think Juve lack goals atm with Mandzukic and Dybala also in the team. Might as well stick with Morata for long term.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:17 am

I think so too.

The thing is this whole Madrid clause complicates things and may mean he leaves this summer regardless of our input. If that's the case and we get 30 mill I say we dump those straight to Sassuolo for Berardi and spend the rest of our budget on other positions rather than CF. We need a RB and CB. After than then AM and maybe a LW/CF, which Cavani would be perfect for, but do we have money for him? He might just be too expensive.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 am

Cavani would have a quick positive impact for Juve.He's Serie A proven and personally I think is the best suited CF type for Juve.He can have at least 3-4 good years and help us make a step further on CL.His wages and the price are the only problem.

Morata is the one for the future but right now he can't be compared to Cavani.His 30 mln price can assure us to buy another top player if he leaves.Morata is suprising in CL but fails to make an impact on Serie A,something Cavani will surely do.

Morata's situation is not in our hands so if he leaves Cavani is the best option,however i don't see Juve want to sell Morata unless he chooses to leave,we invested 20 mln on him which by italian standarts is a good amount of money.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:08 pm

What happens if Madrid takes not only Morata from you, but Pogba as well?

Also is Cavani really available with Ibra leaving?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Chances are Pogba isn't going to Madrid at least this summer. Reports recently came out with him reiterating that he wanted to stay. If he pushes for anywhere in the near future it'd be Barcelona, at least thats what he says. Juve doesn't want to sell him either so they won't shop him around.

Im not sure about PSG's plans but Ibra leaving seems like a given and there are so many reports about Cavani and transfers that I'd guess he is still available.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:38 pm

If Cavani comes I also imagine Mandzukic would move on. He left Bayern to start games.

In that case I'm all in for Cavani. I just think that Cavani + Mandzukic + Zaza is overkill.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Depends how important you consider Mandzukic. Cavani in terms of talent is definitely better but Mandzukic has always been there in important times and usually come up with goals when the team needs him to.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Cavani, one of my favorite strikers in Serie A. Striker who guarantees 20+ goals per season is always welcomed.

BUT the big question mark is where does that leave Mandzu? You can't bench player like him, he is tireless player, you see him everywhere - on the wing, as dm, cb, rb, lb, st, ss.....

As for Morata I don't think he'll improve that much, I don't like players who keep looking in the ground when they run. I loved Nedved because he always kept his head up when running and dribbling.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:51 pm

a)  Pogba only stayed this season at Juve because he was promised by Barca he would get bought after the mercato sanctions.  Now, they may have lied.  But in any case, this is it for him at Juve unless Juve decides to increase his wages to 10 mil.

b)  Cavani makes 10 mil NET at PSG.  He won't leave unless someone offers him the same wage AND PSG already has an offer from an EPL team (according to l'Equipe) of close to 60 mil.  Is Juve willing to match those?

It's really all about the money.  Pogba learned his lesson about clubs and promises...  The fact that the Euro was coming up also made him risk averse about going somewhere new and uncertain.  That factor is gone this summer.

My guess? When Pogba is sold then Cavani is possible. But I'm not sure Juve want to break their wage structure even if they have the money. More likely, Juve go after a couple of good CMs and an up-and-coming striker... maybe a Fekir if he shows good recovery from surgery these last months.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:25 am

IMO, we should keep Morata and develop him here. I want to see the same attack next year, without changes. This is the way to build chemistry and win. I think that if we sell Morata, berardi is the man to replace him rather than Cavani, because as stated by others here, we need a Support striker more than we need a prima punta.

Berardi is the easiest option we can get for a classy SS, even though I don't think he is great yet. He needs to develop a lot.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:04 am

sportsczy wrote:a)  Pogba only stayed this season at Juve because he was promised by Barca he would get bought after the mercato sanctions.  Now, they may have lied.  But in any case, this is it for him at Juve unless Juve decides to increase his wages to 10 mil.

b)  Cavani makes 10 mil NET at PSG.  He won't leave unless someone offers him the same wage AND PSG already has an offer from an EPL team (according to l'Equipe) of close to 60 mil.  Is Juve willing to match those?

It's really all about the money.  Pogba learned his lesson about clubs and promises...  The fact that the Euro was coming up also made him risk averse about going somewhere new and uncertain.  That factor is gone this summer.

My guess? When Pogba is sold then Cavani is possible. But I'm not sure Juve want to break their wage structure even if they have the money. More likely, Juve go after a couple of good CMs and an up-and-coming striker... maybe a Fekir if he shows good recovery from surgery these last months.

Like we know what was promise and what not, come on sportsczy you are selling Pogba every transfer window Smile. I too think he will get sold this summer but to say we know what was promised just because of some rumors is funny.

btw Dybala is getting a raise.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:08 am

Nope. I said during the last transfer windows that Pogba wanted to stay if he got a good raise and a promise that a future transfer (for a min price) would not get blocked... Juve did a good job of giving him both. His wage wasn't quite to market but it was close enough and they are obligated to sell him if he asks for it. Once he decided he didn't want to go to PSG and Madrid/Barca were his preferred destinations, things were pretty clear once Madrid declined to pay the asking price... now we are at a point where his wages are no longer close to market value AND he is willing to consider EPL as well as La Liga since Barca may not want to follow through.

Football evolves quickly. He went from an exciting young player that had a WC season to a proven WC young player that has strung together a couple of WC seasons now... that changes a lot of things.

I don't think trading Pogba for 80-100 mil and getting a lot of good players because of the money is a deal Juve want to pass tbh. I also don't think it is smart to break the wage structure just to keep Pogba because it makes it impossible to negotiate with other players.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:03 pm

Yeah and you said that if we don't give him better salary he has a deal with PSG If I'm not mistaking. Madrid never bid for Pogba the only one who asked for information were Barcelona. Now we can debate 3 days who big and what was promised but its all based on rumors, we weren't there when they were talking so we can't say it did or didn't happen.

It does change but this season that WC young player has been inconsistent and while whole team was the first two months, after the team got their shit together he is still hot and cold, maybe its because he wants a move or he isn't interested in Serie A.

I agree that 100m and getting players like Isco,Gundogan, Cavano etc ain't bad at all I would trade him in a heart beat tbh for that simply because we aren't using his full potential for me there are a lot of good/excellent players that can do Pogba's job in this Juve.

The thing with the wage structure is that we are increasing it every season, we are growing as a club and imo we are top 5 club Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:25 pm

@Devi: I don't think that we should get Cavani if we sell pogba. We would have an excess in strikers and they would complain about playing time. Having Cavani Mandzu Dybala Morata and Zaza is a waste tbh, too much talent wasted.

There are reports saying that Juve and Madrid will settle on something so that Morata can stay. Maybe Juve should pay something like 10m since his value has risen.

Last edited by salmano9 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:26 pm

I wouldn't trade Pogba for the money. Who are we gonna get that is as good? Money isn't useful if you can't get the right player. Verratti could do it but he is surely unavaible. Thiago would do it but his injuries are a problem. Gundogan sounds bound to City.
Marotta has said that he doesn't mean to sell Pogba. In his last interview he said that Pogba has again said that he wants to stay. Lets try to keep it like that.

--------

Reports saying that Juve might meet with Madrid to cover the profit that Madrid would make on a Morata resale in order to settle the matter.
Thats just :facepalm: . If we end up paying an extra 15-20mill then this will be without a doubt the worst move the current management has done in the transfer market.

Try to keep him. If Madrid want him back then take the 30mill and reinvest. Morata is not worth 35-40mill total, specially not when we were the ones who developed him. Dumping more money on him sounds like us being Madrid's b*tch.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:31 pm

rincon wrote:I wouldn't trade Pogba for the money. Who are we gonna get that is as good? Money isn't useful if you can't get the right player. Verratti could do it but he is surely unavaible. Thiago would do it but his injuries are a problem. Gundogan sounds bound to City.
Marotta has said that he doesn't mean to sell Pogba. In his last interview he said that Pogba has again said that he wants to stay. Lets try to keep it like that.

--------

Reports saying that Juve might meet with Madrid to cover the profit that Madrid would make on a Morata resale in order to settle the matter.
Thats just :facepalm: . If we end up paying an extra 15-20mill then this will be without a doubt the worst move the current management has done in the transfer market.

Try to keep him. If Madrid want him back then take the 30mill and reinvest. Morata is not worth 35-40mill total, specially not when we were the ones who developed him. Dumping more money on him sounds like us being Madrid's b*tch.

He may be worth it. World class strikers are rare to find these days for less than 60m. 10m extra is an ideal amount to settle for. If Morata wants to stay then he has to push for it.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:41 pm

How is Morata a world class striker? how is he a great striker even?

Dybala, Mandzukic and Zaza all perform better. To be a top striker he needs to score. 6 goals in Serie A for us is poor given that he was first choice. If he would put a proper shift and contribute to our game like the rest of our strikers do, then the goals could be forgiven a bit, but he sulks around looking at the ground and making bad desicions.

Dybala is better at everything. Mandzukic is better at everything but dribbling. Zaza is significantly worse in link up play, but has him beat in everything else, and he presses and runs to no end.

Morata has the talent in his feet no doubt, but he can't perform like crap and then cost us an extra 10-20mill. So many better strikers for cheaper.

Spanish Balotelli
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:43 pm

rincon wrote:How is Morata a world class striker? how is he a great striker even?

Dybala, Mandzukic and Zaza all perform better. To be a top striker he needs to score. 6 goals in Serie A for us is poor given that he was first choice. If he would put a proper shift and contribute to our game like the rest of our strikers do, then the goals could be forgiven a bit, but he sulks around looking at the ground and making bad desicions.

Dybala is better at everything. Mandzukic is better at everything but dribbling. Zaza is significantly worse in link up play, but has him beat in everything else, and he presses and runs to no end.

Morata has the talent in his feet no doubt, but he can't perform like crap and then cost us an extra 10-20mill. So many better strikers for cheaper.

Spanish Balotelli

He does the job against big teams i.e Bayern, RM, Barca. He has a lot to improve though as you say. I would pay 10m extra for him, that is it.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:18 pm

rincon wrote:How is Morata a world class striker? how is he a great striker even?

Spanish Balotelli

+1
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 pm

I don't think it's a case of either A or B.
It's not either Morata or Cavani, there are more factors involved. As already mentioned, Cavani shatters a wage structure that Juventus has been keen to maintain. He is an established world class goal scorer, but I don't see him in a Juventus jersey after the summer. I look at the characteristics of the players Juventus sign, most of them are players who can either grow, redeem themselves or fit a specific need.

Tevez- bought at a bargain
Dybala- an investment

As for Morata, all the talent, this season has left a lot to be desired. I, for one, thought this would be his breakout season after so many promising displays last year. But everything came up short, sure, we saw glimpses and he still has time to close the season on a high but for too many stretches he looked dull, uninterested and quite frankly, not that great of a player.

I really think this is going to be the most interesting transfer market in years. I wouldn't be surprised if Morata left, but I would be surprised if Cavani joined.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:00 am

All I'm saying is that turning Pogba into Matic and Fekir for example is a great move by Juve. Like Zidane, a player sometimes cost more than he's worth to a specific club... Doesn't mean the player isn't worth it. It just means that the club's formula isn't compatible with the player. Doesn't make Juve a lesser club believe me. I sometimes wish Madrid had the sanity of a club like Juve.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next