Art Morte
Pedram
Lucifer
Onyx
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you like this idea?

Merge club forums into league idea - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Merge club forums into league idea - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]
Merge club forums into league idea - Page 2 Vote_lcap59%Merge club forums into league idea - Page 2 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 27

Merge club forums into league idea - Page 2 Empty Re: Merge club forums into league idea

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:08 pm

I think what I take away from all this is that people should break down this imaginary psychological barrier and visit other sections. That's why mods are designated to each section - to keep things civil. I don't see why we should change the whole format, when certain posters can easily change there mentality and roam around the forum.

Back to top Go down

Merge club forums into league idea - Page 2 Empty Re: Merge club forums into league idea

Post by futbol Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:21 pm

I once posted in the Madrid section. I don't remember the context at all because it's been a while, some lighthearted banter, certainly not anything more than what I usually post in the gen section. I automatically tone it down when in "foreign" club forums anyway (the few times I bother to enter them). It still resulted in rwo giving me a warning to "behave, this is the Madrid section". Since then it wasn't really attractive anymore for me to bother about other club sections. I also read a couple of months ago someone telling Bankz to GTFO "from our section" despite him making a serious and lenghty post and no trolling whatsoever.

It's horrible how it is right now as far as I'm concerned.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:33 pm

I'm not sure about the bankz situation, but your example seems like a warning was warranted. I don't mind anyone coming into the Milan section, but if we're having a more serious discussion, it would be nice if those joining in would follow suit. You gotta read the room bro.

Anyway, you example also reinforces my thought that mixing certain fans (Barca and Madrid) might not be the best of ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:49 pm

futbol wrote:I also read a couple of months ago someone telling Bankz to GTFO "from our section" despite him making a serious and lenghty post and no trolling whatsoever.

It's horrible how it is right now as far as I'm concerned.

We have some intolerant posters in every section. That, I agree with. But I promise you, if you come to our section and write a "serious and lengthy post with no trolling whatsoever" and somebody tells you to leave, I'll be the first to defend you. I have already done it before and I'll continue to do so until we eradicate this tribal thinking. You're always welcome to our section...even if you intend to troll.

People just need to lighten up. This is 2016.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:47 am

Create league sections and kill the most active general section?

One should not rush to initiate a major change like this just to get a couple more posters coming out of their sections.

Besides to me, the organization of it doesn't make much sense. Take a look at the way the Madrid and Barca sections are now, with threads for each player...I don't think that by changing it to a league format that a Madrid poster will all of a sudden be incentivized to discuss Rakitic's niggling injury he picked up, or something similar. What would happen is all of these threads would become cluttered in an overall mess of Barca/Madrid threads.

Or take for example match day threads for any given section--the Arsenal or Liverpool or Madrid or Barca section. These are good opportunities for fans of these clubs to talk about the game within their own section with their fellow fans--while others are welcome right now and would be in the future...taking it away from its own section may harm these types of threads. In essence what I'm saying there is that, yes it might increase activity to have someone who is a fan of a different club come in and give their 2 cents, but isn't it nice to discuss the Arsenal game with other Arsenal fans?

If you really feel like you want to contribute, go to other sections. I frequent the Arsenal section quite often even if I only post occasionally.

I'm also afraid that some of those posters who do like to post in their sections might up and leave if they feel some godawful poster like Harmonica comes in and starts talking trash about a Madrid player or something.

I feel as if this forum has gotten past those Barca/Madrid incessant fighting days, but if they haven't, this is a good way to get it going again.

The people who are posting in their own sections are probably pretty happy to do so, are we really going to change up the format of these sections and piss them off because we (those that post regularly in all sorts of sections in the forum) feel there ought to be more activity? As for the Roma/Man U sections being dead, having an EPL section won't fix that. Those sections are dead because they lack a big enough fanbase to keep it going. Reminds me of when GL expanded to include Tottenham (and maybe Dortmund too?) as sections. The fanbase wasn't big enough to keep those going. Though tbf the Tottenham section was pretty awesome thanks to a certain someone :coffee:

While I think this is a change that could actually increase activity, I think in some senses it may have a detrimental effect (discussed above) and I also think that the increase in activity may be artificial as well (more posting in league sections, less in the general section). For these reasons, I cannot approve of this solution and I think we can do better. Do I have a solution? No...not right now at least, however, that doesn't mean I think this solution is good enough. I think that the idea itself is nice to think about and worth discussing, and I approve of the active looking for solutions, but I just don't think this one fits.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:56 am

Make this man a MOD already!!!

:bow:

Great post, brother CB. But you still ways to go as far as MOD status goes :coffee:

But I seriously love your post and agree 100 percent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:44 pm

The way I see it is any change can cause a detrimental effect. Get more users and we could lose our identity or the forum could turn into reddit with a 1000 random users posting etc etc. Move section x and swap with section a, such and such will happen. There's always reasons as to why something shouldn't happen.

But to achieve a goal or to progress, sometimes risks are necessary. If it doesn't work it's not the end of the world, since the club sections can easily be restored.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2