The Start of Next Season Will Define our Next Half Decade

5 posters

Go down

The Start of Next Season Will Define our Next Half Decade Empty The Start of Next Season Will Define our Next Half Decade

Post by Kick Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:39 am

The club is in a position where we have the chance to make some positive changes to the club this summer. However, looking back on our recent history, particularly after Carlo was sacked, we have to make the right changes, otherwise we will not be title challengers for a long time. This is escalated by the improvement of our domestic (Pep to City, Spurs form, Klopp at Liverpool, Jose probably to Man Utd) and European (Bayern dominating and have Carlo next season, MSN at Barca, PSG dominating Ligue 1, Juve's form, both Madrid teams playing strongly) rivals.

This means we have only one option, hire a top manager, which it looks like we are trying to do, and spend money in the summer (in all honesty, we should have spent more money last summer, but everything is easy to say in hindsight.) With Falcao's, Pato's, and Terry's respective contracts set to expire in the summer, and Ramires having already departed, there is plenty of room for new faces come June. These are gaps that will have to be filled, not ignored. And it is crucial to fill them with players which will improve us, not stop-gaps, like Djilobodji, or Pedro. We need to be making more signings like Fabregas and Costa if we wish to remain competitive in England and in Europe. I would strongly recommend us signing at least one, if not two defenders, a central midfielder, an attacking midfielder (with Pedro heading out the door) and a center forward. Assuming no major departures happen.

Beyond the signings and new manager, we need to hit the ground running, like we did in 14/15. It is imperative to get a head of Guardiola before he gets going at City, this could be made easier by bringing in Simeone who players a similar style and by bringing in players who can fit that style. The smoother the transition for the new manager and players, the better we will start, and everyone will forget about this horrible season.

However, if we fail with these things and stall on incoming transfers, we will struggle to keep up with our rivals and end up playing catch up for not just the season, but for the following seasons, too. Our time to act is coming, I can only hope we are ready and make the correct decisions.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The Start of Next Season Will Define our Next Half Decade Empty Re: The Start of Next Season Will Define our Next Half Decade

Post by Kick Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:05 pm

Kurt Zouma's injury means we have to purchase an experienced CB to replace Terry, or Keep Terry as an experienced CB is vital.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Start of Next Season Will Define our Next Half Decade Empty Re: The Start of Next Season Will Define our Next Half Decade

Post by Katy Perry Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:27 am

I agree that next season's coach will be crucial, and it would be preferred that transfers and contracts renewal will be decided by him.

I personally think we'll end up with Conte because of how unlikely Simeone is as he loves life at Atletico and he has a much safer job there. Instead it's heavily speculated that Conte wants to quit coaching Italy at the end of Euros because coaching a NT isn't his thing and he is open to join us.
I like him as a coach and he did a great job with Juve when they were in a similar position in 2011 but I'm not entirely sure that our current roster exactly complements his phylosophy of football but that I guess it won't be a problem if he's given control over the transfer window.

As for the thread title, I'm aware that failing to get a CL spot at least for the second consecutive time next season will result in a heavy financial loss and the risk most of our key players leaving the team and thus sinking into mediocrity for the forseable future but I just can't see it coming. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but it would take such a stratospheric *bleep* up and the concatenation of multiple negative events that I just can't see it coming.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:49 am

I could well see us get Conte, too.

But I cannot see how he will use the team and what changes he will make.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 am

Conte would be an interesting manager to see in the Prem. Does he speak any English, though? He's only played and managed in Italy.

Just like United, you do need to make a couple of good buys. And get Hazard out of his slump. Could be a hot summer coming up with both Chelsea and United needing quality additions and Guardiola surely having a big transfer kit for welcome present at City. If world-class players become available, there could be some major bidding war between those three.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:34 am

I know he's taking English classes so I don't expect him to be fluent in the language right away.

Tbh he shares the same strengths as Mourinho.He's a great motivator and a man-manager.He tends to get the best out of your players so in this regard, communication will become a very important tool.
Still though, Chelsea's squad does have a considerable amount of latin influence so that could help I suppose.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Yeah, I think Conte will be fine in the English regard.

I would prefer us to stay out of a bidding war, tbh.

Sign Stones early in the window, bring in a RB, someone like Mario Gaspar will do. Then look for a quality CM like Xhaka, a back up winger to replace Pedro and perhaps a back up forward.

If we can replicate the 2014 window and act swiftly and without a war, we'll be fine.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Stones Gaspar, Xhaka is not the kind of quality that will strike fear into anybody or let you get ahead of Pep before he's fully settled.

I understand those are just some names you threw in there, but we were in a similar situation to you guys and we took the wrong option and look where we've ended up in the last decade.

You guys are in need of some serious quality injection if you want to get back to challenging for the league and for Europa again.

I'm talking about Higuain, Griezmann, Reus, Lucas Moura, Gotze, Gundogan, Pjanic, Hummels etc type signings.

You need 1 or 2 (if not more) of those type of signings.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:42 pm

I'm not sure, tbh.

We still have our superstars, Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Matic, Willian. We need good solid players to fill our weak spots, whether it is lack of depth at RB, CM or what ever. Stones I think is a given as the club want him as Terry's replacement.

I also don't know who we could attract that is a big name but if they become available, I won't pass up on them.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:04 am

Kick wrote:I'm not sure, tbh.

We still have our superstars, Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Matic, Willian. We need good solid players to fill our weak spots, whether it is lack of depth at RB, CM or what ever. Stones I think is a given as the club want him as Terry's replacement.

I also don't know who we could attract that is a big name but if they become available, I won't pass up on them.
Where would you rank Courtois compared to the names you listed and proclaimed superstars?
I mean, I'm aware that this season has been rather forgettable for him, but I think it's down to how bad our defence and team as a whole has been for the majority of these 6 months. Plus he was injured too.
I still consider him one of the best players we have.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:10 am

You know what? I completely forgot about Courtois, he is obviously a superstar, I guess because no work is needed at GK he slipped my mind.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:06 am

The only superstar you have is Hazard (who for whatever reason is having an awful season). The rest of them I would consider stars, similar to what Sturridge and Coutinho would be for Liverpool. I wouldn't consider Matic, Cesc at this age, Costa and Willian superstars. There are very few superstars in the PL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:14 am

I don't think it's important to pack our team with superstars though.

I mean, I'd certainly take Hummels, Gundogan and Goetze, but to be realistic, that would cost more than this club is looking to spend. And I don't know how many of the players you listed would actually want to move. 2-3 at most would be willing to move and they may not even want to move to us.

I think it would be better to make smaller, more shrewd purchases like Gaspar and build on what we currently have, because 12 months ago, we were the best in England.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down