Hapless_Hans
Cruijf
sk3ptical
Lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
32 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 4 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by S Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:57 am

I don't think Barça can do much about it if the clause is triggered.Neymar only has to agree to join them and it's done.Barça will have to forcefully accept this transfer.

Also much depends on how City fare in CL this yr.If they reach semis or maybe even an unlikely final, maybe it wouldn't be that big of a stepdown for a player like Neymar.
Coaches have big pull these days either way.

Not that I am hating on Barça but just how many people are enjoying 2-3 teams dominate Europe's prime competition ? I just don't like the fact that these days, all the best talent in the world is spread across 1-2 teams and for this reason I welcome EPL and PSG money.
Speaking as a neutral, I watch football for competitiveness more than entertainment and it's just boring to see one team stack up all the best talent in the world and dominate.
As a Juventus fan, I'm obviously getting more than what I expect but as a football fan, the sport has become monotonous and boring.Well, atleast EPL is here to save the day.

Thanks FFP.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 4 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:25 am

S wrote:
Not that I am hating on Barça but just how many people are enjoying 2-3 teams dominate Europe's prime competition ?

Well, it's just the circumstances. As I've said, I believe Barca and Real are the two most desirable clubs for Spanish speaking players. And it just happens that in this moment in time probably the three best players in the world are Spanish speaking and play for Barcelona. If Messi, Neymar and Suarez were from Russia, Belgium and Cameroon, I think there was a much lower chance they all played for Barcelona.

But I really don't believe that any of those three will be sold for wage reasons. In fact, it sounds outright ridiculous. Aging players like Alves, Iniesta and Mascherano will be out of the door a thousand times sooner than any of MSN.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:04 am

S wrote:
Not that I am hating on Barça but just how many people are enjoying 2-3 teams dominate Europe's prime competition ? I just don't like the fact that these days, all the best talent in the world is spread across 1-2 teams and for this reason I welcome EPL and PSG money.
Speaking as a neutral, I watch football for competitiveness more than entertainment and it's just boring to see one team stack up all the best talent in the world and dominate.

Please don't feel like I'm taking a dig at Juventus, because I'm merely speaking in general here.

I have only heard bitter, envious fans of less successful and appealing clubs complain about having the best players in the world playing for two clubs.

These 2-3 teams you're speaking of have sweat blood to have prestige and money. They're not attracting the best players in the world for no reason. They have a globally appealing brand and they generate colossal revenues. They're the last rung on the ladder and rightly so.

As a football fan, I have enjoyed the CL in recent years more so than during the last decade because the level of the usual contenders (Real Madrid, Barça,...) has risen up exponentially and made it even more fun to watch.

I'd rather have semi-final draws between Gods than have all the talent spread over all the teams competing for the trophy and end up having a competitive, yet boring and talentless competition (sound familiar?).
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:05 am

Dante wrote:
It's all up to Barcelona really , i am sure they will do anything in their power to prevent any of this , however in the unlikely case they would have to sell Neymar for whatever reason , by all means it will be City imho , it's almost certain when you think about it.

Don't think it's certain, but I share the feeling. IF Neymar leaves Barcelona for Manchester, I'd find it hard to believe he'd go to play EL for Mourinho if Pep is across town.
Utd can afford it more easily though.

Art Morte wrote:
But I really don't believe that any of those three will be sold for wage reasons. In fact, it sounds outright ridiculous. Aging players like Alves, Iniesta and Mascherano will be out of the door a thousand times sooner than any of MSN.

It sounds ridiculous to me too. That's why wondered whether this need to cut wages was a real thing, and it'd be crazy if wage demands by one of MSN would lead to break up the trident which is functioning so fantastically.

However, after Neymar's raise he'll probably earning as much
as Alves, Iniesta and Mascherano put together lol.
And we've read how Messi's last extension has a wage bump written in it to the ridiculous figures we discussed in the other thread.
So the wage bill isn't high because of Iniesta, Mascherano or Alves (while players like Alves or Iniesta are integral in their own right and offer huge value for money), it is high because of Messi, and soon Neymar.

Barca can't just give their superstars raise after raise as tokens of appreciation as they did with Messi, now that they've got 2 and a half of them.
It seems to be proving unsustainable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:06 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
S wrote:

Please don't feel like I'm taking a dig at Juventus, because I'm merely speaking in general here.

I have only heard bitter, envious fans of less successful and appealing clubs complain about having the best players in the world playing for two clubs.

These 2-3 teams you're speaking of have sweat blood to have prestige and money. They're not attracting the best players in the world for no reason. They have a globally appealing brand and they generate colossal revenues. They're the last rung on the ladder and rightly so.

As a football fan, I have enjoyed the CL in recent years more so than during the last decade because the level of the usual contenders (Real Madrid, Barça,...) has risen up exponentially and made it even more fun to watch.

I'd rather have semi-final draws between Gods than have all the talent spread over all the teams competing for the trophy and end up having a competitive, yet boring and talentless competition (sound familiar?).

You're boring and talentless IMO. Real Madrid only deserves the best of the best fans IMO.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:10 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
You're boring and talentless IMO.

You're the expert.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:20 am

That's the standard biased response I expected.So having a desire to have more than 2-3 teams on an equal seeding and fight it out comes across as bitterness and jealousy.K alright, that's nothing more to say.

As for the last part, it sounds me like someone who started watching football 5-6 yrs ago would say something like that.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:24 am

Reading Karl Marx, aren't we?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:38 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Dante wrote:
It's all up to Barcelona really , i am sure they will do anything in their power to prevent any of this , however in the unlikely case they would have to sell Neymar for whatever reason , by all means it will be City imho , it's almost certain when you think about it.

Don't think it's certain, but I share the feeling. IF Neymar leaves Barcelona for Manchester, I'd find it hard to believe he'd go to play EL for Mourinho if Pep is across town.
Utd can afford it more easily though.

Art Morte wrote:

It sounds ridiculous to me too. That's why wondered whether this need to cut wages was a real thing, and it'd be crazy if wage demands by one of MSN would lead to break up the trident which is functioning so fantastically.

However, after Neymar's raise he'll probably earning as much
as Alves, Iniesta and Mascherano put together lol.
And we've read how Messi's last extension has a wage bump written in it to the ridiculous figures we discussed in the other thread.
So the wage bill isn't high because of Iniesta, Mascherano or Alves (while players like Alves or Iniesta are integral in their own right and offer huge value for money), it is high because of Messi, and soon Neymar.

Barca can't just give their superstars raise after raise as tokens of appreciation as they did with Messi, now that they've got 2 and a half of them.
It seems to be proving unsustainable.

United can afford Neymar more easily than City ? That's news to me. I understand United do have what it takes to get themselves Neymar , but City can always offer more than them , what's stopping them? They won't even have to try that hard if the case is between the two , since you agree City should be by all means the more alluring destination for Neymar . All of it put together make City the most likely destination for Neymar. I mean even himself said he would like to work with Guardiola , how more obvious could it get ? Even if City wasn't going for him , they would certainly give it everything with Guardiola at the helm , if he's wants to leave Barcelona .

Other than that i am saying the same thing , IF .. i also find it unlikely that Barcelona will have to sell Neymar for wage reasons , but since i don't know much about this whole case either , i am reluctant to write it completely off either . As for his release clause , well , if they do renew his contract it will get even higher . That's why i was saying if Barcelona agree to sell , basically it's all in their hands what they want to do . And then comes the issue of the wages e.t.c . Don't know what they will do , but i do believe they will do anything before deciding risking on losing Neymar . Personally i somewhat hope they keep Neymar because that trio is a joy to watch .

Other than that i can't care less if Dishmar gets his moar millions , or if Barcelona can't sustain their crazy wages and bonuses . Let's not forget they don't have much of a choice either , they've won everything with these players , you can only motivate them so much without the wages and big bonuses . Many overlook that part as if it's nothing , each and every title these players get means +$$$$$$ . It's not just about keeping Messi and co happy , it's a very valid way of keeping them highly motivated after all this success . Sooner or later , they will have to make a couple of tough choices , either way .

That said i do think a solution that doesn't see Neymar sold is always on the cards.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:40 am

S wrote:That's the standard biased response I expected.So having a desire to have more than 2-3 teams on an equal seeding and fight it out comes across as bitterness and jealousy.K alright, that's nothing more to say.

You already have that. Juventus can win it, PSG and City can win it, Barça can win it (and probably will), Real Madrid can win it.

Your desire is not to have more than 2-3 clubs battling out for the trophy on an equal footing (cause you already have that). Your desire is to have different teams than the ones we usually have reaching the semi-final of the CL. That's about it.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:43 am

@Hans

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/02/china-manchester-city-world-cup

Bro,they wouldnt even have to worry about having to rely on Etihad and other middle-east sponsorships  to bypass FFP now.

They can easily afford Neymar.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:48 am

S wrote:That's the standard biased response I expected.So having a desire to have more than 2-3 teams on an equal seeding and fight it out comes across as bitterness and jealousy.K alright, that's nothing more to say.

You already have that. Juventus can win it, PSG and City can win it, Barça can win it (and probably will), Real Madrid can win it.

Your desire is not to have more than 2-3 clubs battling out for the trophy on an equal footing (cause you already have that). Your desire is to have different teams than the ones we usually have reaching the semi-final of the CL. That's about it.

Isnt that the crux of the discussion ? FFP has ensured the Barca's and the Madrid's have an endless winning cycle.
But i come across as bitter and jealous because i want to see some unpredictablity in the game like say,10-12 yrs ago.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:49 am

Art Morte wrote:
S wrote:
Not that I am hating on Barça but just how many people are enjoying 2-3 teams dominate Europe's prime competition ?

Well, it's just the circumstances. As I've said, I believe Barca and Real are the two most desirable clubs for Spanish speaking players. And it just happens that in this moment in time probably the three best players in the world are Spanish speaking and play for Barcelona. If Messi, Neymar and Suarez were from Russia, Belgium and Cameroon, I think there was a much lower chance they all played for Barcelona.

Of course . You do have a point about this , yet i would argue even more , the allure of success , world wide fame , playing with someone like Messi and Iniesta , the big money ... you could speak martian , Real and Barcelona are still the most desirable clubs . Literally almost any player would sign for these two teams right now , or during this era .

As for the 2nd part of your post , i agree , but not for Iniesta. He's an iconic player for Barcelona , not just any top player or star. He'll stay on as long as he can and then probably retire there , regardless of what wages he demands during that time .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 am

S wrote:
Isnt that the crux of the discussion ? FFP has ensured the Barca's and the Madrid's have an endless winning cycle.
But i come across as bitter and jealous because i want to see some unpredictablity in the game like say,10-12 yrs ago.

But shouldn't it be about merit rather than diversity?

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:14 am

S wrote:

But shouldn't it be about merit rather than diversity?

I dont disagree but thats not the point i'm debating.

As a football fan,i'd like talent spread through more than 2 teams and now there's a genuine possibility of that happening.

Nothing to do with merit.Seems we're diverging from the discussion.Its about wanting as many teams standing toe to toe with another and fight for Europe's biggest prize.Its my perspective and ofcourse there'll be many who disagree just like many who'd agree.

None can disagree with me when i say the competition has become predictable right now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:29 pm

It's hardly any different to years past . Massive concentration of talent has always been the case among the big lot .It's Messi and Ronaldo that make the difference for these two clubs these days.

And let's not forget , they come off a Spanish golden generation , of course they have that something more all this time.  

And the competition has always been predictable . It was predictable too when Inter won it in 09-10 , it was predictable in 11-12 when Chelsea won , it was predictable as fk everyone saying Milan would win it in 04-05 . It was even more predictable the year before , Real's comeback which never came , Milan writing history except they wrote the wrong history against Depor , Juventus finally realizing their dreams once again except not , all that predictability for Porto-Monaco... It was predictable United would win in 07-08 but it took Terry's fk up . It was predictable in 08-09 yet had it not been for Ovrebo , many say it could have been Chelsea in that final. It's always predictable , except it's never really predictable .

Nobody really knows , no matter how obvious , it's on the pitch everything is decided.Same goes for this season . And last season it wasn't that predictable either , except maybe after Barcelona won against Bayern. About as predictable as ever , you know 3 of the top 4 finalists every season like we always did more or less , and every 4-5 years there's a shake up .

What's certainly more predictable nowdays is expecting the weaker clubs getting the fk out easier than before. Don't know when we will see another Porto-Monaco for example , that's predictable it won't be any time soon . Other than that , it was always the big lot with their big assembly of talent going for the final . Like it always has been .

Reiterating , it's Messi and Ronaldo that make the difference , no one else can match that , no matter money or what have you. When these two just chill for a change , it will become obvious things were more or less the same except these two freaks of nature .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 pm

If United some how finish fourth and if Neymar still do not sign a extension come Summer things will be interesting.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Won't be interesting at all. If he doesn't remain with us, he'll be at City.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:What have Bayern done in the past two years in europe? the mindless fapping about bayern every season is hilarious. how about they make a cl final without being humiliated in semis for a change

Juve are a very good team, very tough to beat, they beat us last season so credit to them. But the way people talk about bayern every season until they get destroyed vs real opposition is funny

when i said something similar crazy how fast you lot turned into a mob and came after me, now its cool as long as the agenda calls for it, this forum Proud

keeping exposing yourselves.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:What have Bayern done in the past two years in europe? the mindless fapping about bayern every season is hilarious. how about they make a cl final without being humiliated in semis for a change

Bit rich coming from supporters of a club that, despite of constant mindless grandstanding and proclamations, has exactly ONE CL final appearance in more than a decade.

We're better than you on every level, except media hype and wasting money.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Since 2000, Real Madrid have won Three Champions leagues while Bayern have won two. So yeah we're better than you.

And stop bragging about reaching champions league finals, that's just sad. Only winning it counts.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:11 pm

You guys are so pathetic :facepalm:

If you wanna play this whos dick is bigger game, let me remind you Bayern won a treble just three years ago, when was the last time Real did that?

But really it's pathetic Real fans insist you can't rate Bayern yet because the CL group stage doesn't count, yet reference their own group stage performances when trying to hype themselves up.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Cruijf wrote:You guys are so pathetic :facepalm:

If you wanna play this whos dick is bigger game, let me remind you Bayern won a treble just three years ago, when was the last time Real did that?

But really it's pathetic Real fans insist you can't rate Bayern yet because the CL group stage doesn't count, yet reference their own group stage performances when trying to hype themselves up.

No. My comment was directed at hans, specifically for the part where he said that "We're better than you on every level", to which I laughed and presented him with facts to prove him that he was in fact wrong...on every level.

I didn't say anything implying that they shouldn't be rated for this year's champions league. In fact, I believe they can win it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Bit rich coming from supporters of a club that, despite of constant mindless grandstanding and proclamations, has exactly ONE CL final appearance in more than a decade.

lol Bayern.. Your league is one big vacation for your players.. They can put all of their effort into the CL, but we're still better like Demon said
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:04 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

that's fair, but we go to finals to win, not to lose to a pathetic team like chelsea.

You are not better than us, you can keep believing that. Maybe in the off season you are, but when it counts, where it counts, last time we tested our wits, we wiped the floor clean with your skins.

My comment is more like a fact, in the past two years, you have been the most overhyped team in europe, promised to win it all with pep and champagne football, yet when it came down to it, both Madrid and Barca wiped you out in semis. It was more like an humiliation than a defeat. the best coach pep, the best euro player robben, the smartest captain in europe lham, the best left back alaba, the best german muller, the best cb boateng, the best cf lewandowski, the best doctor, the best board, the best executive in jail. they couldnt do shit but bend over and take it.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:12 pm

This.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next