S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 3 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by S Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Guardian already reporting that he'll be given a £150m(€200m) transfer kitty Laughing

English papers Proud

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 3 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by futbol Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:34 pm

He will fail spectacularly.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:40 pm

futbol wrote:He will fail spectacularly.

The man's got point

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:52 pm

S wrote:Guardian already reporting that he'll be given a £150m(€200m) transfer kitty Laughing

English papers Proud

I know Laughing

Grossly understated.

The Sheikh lost that kind of ding down his sofa last week.

I think the next part of the plan is where "Our Chinese Friends" start pouring the filthy lucre in with sponsorship deals.

After all they love Pep in China and that's where we're headed pre season. Laughing

Let the good times roll banana
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:03 pm

He chose the easy option, again.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:05 pm

danyjr wrote:He chose the easy option, again.

Another good point

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:07 pm

and why in his right mind should he go for the "hard" option lmao

what kind of comment is this? Do you really think he is going to purposely select the weakest of the top6 in england or stoke just to disprove internet trolls point?

No, he is a professional. He looks for the most attractive option that will facilitate his success and he goes there.

Choosing a team like United or City would have been darn right stupid
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:and why in his right mind should he go for the "hard" option lmao

Same reason some of us decide to play the highest difficulty when we play a video game? Ever heard of a challenge?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:08 pm

He will buy Thiago Alcantara, I am sure of that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:10 pm

danyjr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:and why in his right mind should he go for the "hard" option lmao

Same reason some of us decide to play the highest difficulty when we play a video game? Ever heard of a challenge?
yeah.... you have a video game mentality which doesnt conform to real life, that's the problem, Guardiola isnt playing fifa
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:11 pm

M99 wrote:He will buy Thiago Alcantara, I am sure of that.

Thiago signed a new contract I highly doubt that. Unless Carlo has no plans for him.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:12 pm

danyjr wrote:

You mean like how Ancelotti last four jobs were Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and now Bayern? Stop acting like Guardiola is any different other top coach who has had success at the top.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Why shouldn't he go to City? His friends are there, he has complete control, he has a good squad and limitless budget, and they're paying him the highest salary. No one takes a step down unless they have no choice.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:24 pm

Then explain to me why Klopp decided to go to Liverpool when half of Europe were after him.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:25 pm

danyjr wrote:Then explain to me why Klopp decided to go to Liverpool when half of Europe were after him.

You assume half of Europe was after him, there were no actual proof that they were.

Also Guardiola is a lot more accomplished coach than Klopp so i don't see why he should be compared.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 pm

If by more accomplished you mean he has won more (using far better teams) then I agree with you.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Why shouldn't he? Laughing

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Why would Wenger stay in Arsenal for eternity, despite a decade of financial troubles when Madrid, Barcelona and PSG all approached him at peak? He could have easily gone and won more than he will ever dream of winning with Arsenal. But he chose to stay. Respect to the old man.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Never before have I seen someone criticized for wanting to win Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:35 pm

danyjr wrote:If by more accomplished you mean he has won more (using far better teams) then I agree with you.

Your point is irrelevant when Klopp had Dortmund in the relegation zone for more than half a season. Stop acting like the players are the only reason for Guardiola's success.

I do find it funny why Guardiola is the only one who is criticized for having success with good teams when any manager in history has had the same.

Further more why Ancelotti can manage Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Madrid and Bayern but nobody says a word....

I really don't want to have to defend him constantly, but the criticisms of him are completely idiotic and dumbfounded.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:35 pm

I wonder is the home-grown players rule going to affect City's transfers next summer hmm

The rule is that you need 8 home-grown players to have the maximum Premier League squad size of 25. City have currently just five: Sterling, Hart, Delph, Clichy and 3rd goalkeeper Wright. Meaning City's maximum squad size at the moment is 22 + any under-21 players, that don't count towards the quota. If I counted right, they have 22 players in their Premier League squad now, plus Iheanacho who is 19.

I'm not sure they'll be able to buy that many players from outside of England unless they also buy one or two home-grown players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Well I'm assuming they're going to sell non home grown players before they buy anyone
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:I wonder is the home-grown players rule going to affect City's transfers next summer hmm

The rule is that you need 8 home-grown players to have the maximum Premier League squad size of 25. City have currently just five: Sterling, Hart, Delph, Clichy and 3rd goalkeeper Wright. Meaning City's maximum squad size at the moment is 22 + any under-21 players, that don't count towards the quota. If I counted right, they have 22 players in their Premier League squad now, plus Iheanacho who is 19.

I'm not sure they'll be able to buy that many players from outside of England unless they also buy one or two home-grown players.

i think they'll buy stones and barkley hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Your point is irrelevant when Klopp had Dortmund in the relegation zone for more than half a season. Stop acting like the players are the only reason for Guardiola's success.
Actually when you say Guardiola's success, he hasn't actually done much apart from what he did at Barcelona initially. He won La Liga when Barcelona were clearly the better team and once he felt Madrid were gaining some advantage he quit. With Bayern even I would win Bundesliga so I wouldn't call that an achievement. And he's been multiple penetrated by Madrid and Barcelona in CL the past few seasons.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I do find it funny why Guardiola is the only one who is criticized for having success with good teams when any manager in history has had the same.

Further more why Ancelotti can manage Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Madrid and Bayern but nobody says a word....

I'm not sure why you bring Ancelotti into the equation, everyone knows he is a huge flop and his CL glory cannot hide the fact that he's ultimately meh.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Ancelotti is meh? It's ok i think we are done here as i'm clearly dealing with the mentally challenged.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:46 pm

Cruijf wrote:Well I'm assuming they're going to sell non home grown players before they buy anyone

Demichelis will be out of contract, Navas will be on his last year and they'll probably try to move him out. That would be two open spots.

Firenze wrote:
i think they'll buy stones and barkley hmm
They don't really need either hmm
No sense having both Barkley and De Bryune (and Silva) or Otamendi, Mangala, Kompany and Stones.

If they need a home-grown player, I could see them try to buy Kane hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next