Kaladin
futbol_bill
Mr Nick09
81 posters

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Zidane Sack Watch - Page 25 Empty Re: Zidane Sack Watch

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 am

I would love to see Conte come and bring Morata with him. ——- just to see the reaction of Sports and Nick!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:24 am

Conte is shit, dont want him nowehre near my club.

and @Bill, Conte doesnt rate Morata that high lol, he tried to bench him with Dzeko, that's how high he rates him. Dzeko was going to burry Morata, he must be pretty happy that transfer did not go through
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:00 am

Oh Nick, you misunderstand me - again. First off, I wouldn’t expect Conte let alone Morata.

But re Morata, I have long maintained that he is a more than adequate backup. His issue was Zidane, in that he had to contend with the bench all because of the love affair Zidane had (has) with Benzema. But I expect he should be realizing this year that he is not a starter. I expect the same thing to happen to him this summer with seleccion. Given that Benzema (and Zidane) will be gone, I expect we replace all of BBC with much more firepower. But we still need some scoring capabilities on bench. That’s what I was referring to, although as I said highly unlikely. But I still would love to see yours and Sports reaction given you love of Morata.

The priorities right now are

1. Getting rid of Zidane.
2. Getting rid of BBC in it’s entirety.
3. getting a competent coach (and once again you can’t have Lopetegui)
4. Splash big for BBC replacements.
5. Rest of changes are minor in comparison.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:45 am

I could have imagined us ending the season trophy-less, and I would have accepted it.. but never in a million years would I have imagined the team to score this few goals, look this weak at the back, and overall play THIS poorly- along with having to fight for 4th.

I feel like the questioning went like this: 1) Who are we going to bring in next summer to replace BBC to 2) Who are we going to bring in to replace Zidane.

And now Perez and co. should be asking question number 3) Who will take over as caretaker manager for the rest of the season. If this is not being discussed then I have some serious doubts for the future of the club.

Such a wealth of talented players being wasted on a stubborn manager who has let the success of 1.5 seasons go to his head. Ending the season trophy-less is not the end of the world, it is even acceptable TBH, but missing out on CL is completely unacceptable, nor is the level of play we have to watch week in week out.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:09 am

Too bad Villarreal aren't playing better or Madrid would be in 5th.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:25 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Conte is shit, dont want him nowehre near my club.

and @Bill, Conte doesnt rate Morata that high lol, he tried to bench him with Dzeko, that's how high he rates him. Dzeko was going to burry Morata, he must be pretty happy that transfer did not go through

Conte is not "shit", what an absolutely idiotic thing to say. Conte is a top coach.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:57 am

Pep should take the job just for the lols.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:37 pm

forget about Zidane the real question should be is where the hell is chad.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Unique wrote:forget about Zidane the real question should be is where the hell is chad.

I'd imagine its difficult for Chad, being smarter than everyone here.

It's not a problem you'll ever have

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Conte is shit, dont want him nowehre near my club.

Conte is not "shit", what an absolutely idiotic thing to say. Conte is a top coach.
you sign him then, poverty 3 man at the back manager. yuck

if it was last an attacking scheme...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Conte is the man for the job. Will bring Azpi and Marcus Alonso with him. 5 year extension and make Bayol the club captain. WATTBA.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:32 pm

I think Conte wants just to go back to Italy.

Also, unless Madrid are able to sign the right players, the job is going to be poisoned chalice anyway. Ronaldo, Mordic, Ramos, Benzema all on the wrong side of 30, Marcelo will soon join that group. Bale's not a good fit.

Madrid should do everything they can to get Hazard in the summer, offer Bale in exchange probably. He's the obvious player to try and sign. Kane would be an interesting signing, too, but I don't know can they get both.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:39 pm

I imagine they'll get Hazard and Icardi.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Luca wrote:
Unique wrote:forget about Zidane the real question should be is where the hell is chad.

I'd imagine its difficult for Chad, being smarter than everyone here.

It's not a problem you'll ever have
I sleep in until 11am most days. I spend as much time as I like playing computer games. I can buy myself expensive toys when ever I get bored or feel like it. i don't have a boss to tell me what to do i pretty much have a perfect life style. now come back and talk to me when you can do all that bitch. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:20 pm

Art Morte wrote:Ronaldo, Mordic, Ramos, Benzema all on the wrong side of 30, Marcelo will soon join that group. Bale's not a good fit.

Let's talk about this. Doesn't the wrong side of 30 means 35+? Of all the players you've listed, none of them comes even close to reaching that number. I agree with you about Benzema and Ronaldo, but Marcelo and Modric still have many, many years of elite football in them and it would be a monumental mistake to let them go. Modric is one of the best, if not the best in his position, while Marcelo is the best LB in the world offensively.

Make no mistake, Madrid has an amazing squad. They only need to send the BBC packing and replace the incompetent coach they have. Hell, I bet if they fired Zidane tomorrow and benched Benzema, the team would function a lot better.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:56 pm

that's typically what you read from people who are not watching games and just look at the results.

Most players in our team are fine and we have a lot of promising young players that should not be dismissed because Zidane is doing a poor job coaching them.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:27 pm

And Benzema turned 30 in December, pretty much in his playing prime. We have a nice squad, definitely a top 2 side in La Liga so when everyone is doing some sort of foolishness, the coach is usually the one that is to blame.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Benzema’s actual prime was 3-4 years ago, sadly.

And though I agree with most of the RM fans saying a better coach would be able to get more out of the current squad as it stands, I also agree with Art Morte- Ronaldo, Benz, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo are all passed their peak. They certainly aren’t going to get any better, and I would wager Benz and Ronaldo in particular are going to continue their steady/drastic decline.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 pm

benzema's prime was in lyon,
as far as another coach, i've always said (on big teams), you don't fire a coach who still has the squad, what i never took into account is when the significant part of the squad should be replaced as they're now flopping. the point gap is inexcusable; and zidane had his chance to build on it in the summer, i hope one day he really explains what his mindset was, apart from say wenger, i haven't seen any coach who willfully decides to stack the deck against himself cos that's what he did

as for the two seasons of success, i can never bash or question him on those. they were beautiful, how he did not smell the coffee regarding this year is just beyond me. flo will hire someone else, what's more important to me is that we splash that cash, and encourage a deep squad. you can't win this league with 11 players alone
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:41 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Ronaldo, Mordic, Ramos, Benzema all on the wrong side of 30, Marcelo will soon join that group. Bale's not a good fit.

Let's talk about this. Doesn't the wrong side of 30 means 35+? Of all the players you've listed, none of them comes even close to reaching that number. I agree with you about Benzema and Ronaldo, but Marcelo and Modric still have many, many years of elite football in them and it would be a monumental mistake to let them go. Modric is one of the best, if not the best in his position, while Marcelo is the best LB in the world offensively.

Make no mistake, Madrid has an amazing squad. They only need to send the BBC packing and replace the incompetent coach they have. Hell, I bet if they fired Zidane tomorrow and benched Benzema, the team would function a lot better.

Wrong side of 30, 40, 50 etc means you're older than that.

Modric probably can keep up his form still, but he's 32. You never know at that age. Marcelo, like Modric, also has that aura of youthfulness about him, I'm not expecting him to become garbage. But the fact remains that most of your big players are now in their 30's. The supporting cast - "a lot of promising young players" as Nick put it - aren't good enough to deliver results that are required of Real Madrid.

That said, it's still a very good squad and I'm not talking about an overhaul here. Replace Bale or Benzema with Hazard and you've already got yourselves a much more livelier attack. But you do need that one world-class addition for next season, imo.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:05 pm

Ronaldo has had just as bad of a season as the benz. I seriously don't get why DoC and a few of you guys are acting like he hasn't been garbage and costed us countless games so far
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Ronaldo has had just as bad of a season as the benz. I seriously don't get why DoC and a few of you guys are acting like he hasn't been garbage and costed us countless games so far
You dont understand we are giving him a pass, he delivered a CL couple of months ago, and has been carrying the goalscoring for years.

Benzema has been freeloading for too long
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Get an actual coach who can build a sustainable system

Zidane Sack Watch - Page 25 911efeb_21211-w0puj0

Ahhh Hazard and Marcelo playing combinational football on the left wing Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:50 pm

Art Morte wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:

Wrong side of 30, 40, 50 etc means you're older than that.

Modric probably can keep up his form still, but he's 32. You never know at that age. Marcelo, like Modric, also has that aura of youthfulness about him, I'm not expecting him to become garbage. But the fact remains that most of your big players are now in their 30's. The supporting cast - "a lot of promising young players" as Nick put it - aren't good enough to deliver results that are required of Real Madrid.

That said, it's still a very good squad and I'm not talking about an overhaul here. Replace Bale or Benzema with Hazard and you've already got yourselves a much more livelier attack. But you do need that one world-class addition for next season, imo.

that's gonna be salah Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:38 am

Would Pool fans be ok with a Kroos - Salah swap?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:58 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Ronaldo has had just as bad of a season as the benz. I seriously don't get why DoC and a few of you guys are acting like he hasn't been garbage and costed us countless games so far
You dont understand we are giving him a pass, he delivered a CL couple of months ago, and has been carrying the goalscoring for years.

Benzema has been freeloading for too long

No one deserves a pass. I guess I don't understand that part because he looks like a Sunday league player out there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next