chad4401
sportsczy
FalcaoPunch
Mr Nick09
Adit
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pochettino- Next big thing in football Empty Pochettino- Next big thing in football

Post by Adit Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:22 pm

I have a obsession for tactics and greatly respect coaches who are willing to step outside their comfort zone to try unconventional and new tactics. Pochettino with spurs has really cought my eyes.

His pressing game is basically bielsa way of pressing but obviously not as man to man making as the teacher himself. His teams starts pressing in specific situations, like a player receives the ball back to the goal or a specific player who is bad on the ball gets it. When he presses, he presses all the way to the goal keeper.. This way he makes sure that his players ran for nothing. The energy was spent for something useful.

He hasn't been able to build a great midfield in spurs mainly because they have crap CMs but he has made them better than they actually are. The positional play and ball retention has improved dramatically. He brought a certain calmness when they are under possession and you can clearly see their confidence while attempting one touch football.

Another very special thing I noticed about him is his way of using his No 9 , here Kane. He doesn't stay at the 9 position at all, the striker drifts into wings and often stays there to bring overload. Now this tactics was successfully used to perfection by Luis aragones with Spain in Euro 2008. Pochettino has brought that tactics to modern day with Kane. He goes to the left wing mainly but despite him not exactly being a great dribbler he is still successful there taking on CBs in wide positions. If you think he is doing it in counter situations then no you are wrong, he goes to wing when they are in possession and are trying to unlock the defense. A type of false 9 perhaps, he is barely in position where a traditional no 9 is playing.

Huge fan of pochettino and hope he don't get picked by some other clubs before Rafa leaves.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Pochettino- Next big thing in football Empty Re: Pochettino- Next big thing in football

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:35 pm

Pochettino trying to make BBC press high...that will go well...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Pochettino- Next big thing in football Empty Re: Pochettino- Next big thing in football

Post by Adit Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Nick

It's embarrassing that we are the only big club who don't even remotely use the pressing/compact game to use.

Barca,Bayern,Atletico, Dortmund, Manu,Liverpool, Spurs,Chelsea,Zenit,CSKA all of them can use it but we can't.

City and we are probably only teams not taking advantage of the obvious tactical progress in modern football.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Adit wrote:Nick

It's embarrassing that we are the only big club who don't even remotely use the pressing/compact game to use.

Barca,Bayern,Atletico, Dortmund, Manu,Liverpool, Spurs,Chelsea,Zenit,CSKA all of them can use it but we can't.

City and we are probably only teams not taking advantage of the obvious tactical progress in modern football.

Because our front three want the results without putting in the dirty work.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Juve don't press. City don't press. Arsenal don't really press either. PSG don't press.

In fact, the only teams that press with their front 3 are Barca, Bayern and Atleti.

Pressing is not a striker driven tactic... it has to happen from all the lines. Defense has to push high, which allows the midfielders to push high too... then the strikers can get lower so that gap between them and the midfielders are smaller.

Pressing is keyed by the defensive back 4. Everything else rolls off of their positioning. Do you really want Ramos, Marcelo and Danilo playing a high line??? i don't.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:57 pm

smh you guys are so full of crap just call out cr and stop trying to blame bale and benz, when we had ozil,di maria and higs, cr lack of efforts and sacrifice, usually cost the club in key games this is a fact.

all this tip toeing around, you guys don't know crap about work rate, just complain and blame players, what about kroos being too slow for the mid? surprise he was not the reason why the midfield struggles,you guys just keep throwing certain players under the bus to protect your favorites.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Pochettino's tactical philosophy in a nutshell: When in possession, take your time and don't make a misplaced pass. Without possession, press, press and then press some more until you can no longer stand.

If I'm not mistaken he plays 4-2-3-1 with stonewalls of two deep-lying mids, one to do the dirty work and the other to dictate the tempo, and then up front you have the four attacking players who basically have a license to move in a way to split the backline.

When attacking, only three outfield players stay behind to kill off counters (the two CBs and one CM). When defending, everybody joins in.

I wouldn't mind him at Real Madrid, but I don't think he'll come as long as we have BBC; because those three literally make his tactics crumble.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:24 pm

Fyi i am not a big fan of his football, the way his team play doesnt particularly appeal to me.. the high pressing is nice though
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:53 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Fyi i am not a big fan of his football, the way his team play doesnt particularly appeal to me.. the high pressing is nice though

Care to elaborate.. He keeps a equilibrium between possession football and direct football, something very hard to achieve.

Spurs are on their way to top 4 finish this season imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Fyi i am not a big fan of his football, the way his team play doesnt particularly appeal to me.. the high pressing is nice though

No structure in any of the attacks. Most of the time a lot of the attackers are in the same lines. They run a lot and pass with pace which deceives people into thinking Spus play good football. Noone opens up the channels, The positioning of the players is mostly mediocre in a lot of games. He is a poor mans Roger Schmidt so far for me.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:17 pm

jibers wrote:

No structure in any of the attacks. Most of the time a lot of the attackers are in the same lines. They run a lot and pass with pace which deceives ADIT into thinking Spus play good football. Noone opens up the channels, The positioning of the players is mostly mediocre in a lot of games. He is a poor mans Roger Schmidt so far for me.

fixed for you.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:25 pm

chad4401 wrote:
jibers wrote:

No structure in any of the attacks. Most of the time a lot of the attackers are in the same lines. They run a lot and pass with pace which deceives ADIT into thinking Spus play good football. Noone opens up the channels, The positioning of the players is mostly mediocre in a lot of games. He is a poor mans Roger Schmidt so far for me.

fixed for you.
Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:08 pm

None opens up the channel lmfao Good one
Go watch how Kane is playing. They lack the personnel and depth to play it over a complete season. Their fullbacks are weak, their center backs are slow and they have no quality center midfielders. Yet he has installed a pretty solid team and they are destined for top 4.

And since when did spurs the only measuring scale for pochettino?

What did I expect.. Should we also forget his success with Southampton and more importantly how great he was with Espanyol. There are far worse managers like lvg doing *bleep* all with much better squad but for two years he is still building foundation and process but pochettino in his second season in top 4 is deceiving people.. Laughing OK
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:11 pm

And Poor chad... How the mighty have fallen.

Now he has to try to wind up people like this rofl

Everything is Valbuenas fault. If only blackmailzema...
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Adit wrote:

Care to elaborate.. He keeps a equilibrium between possession football and direct football, something very hard to achieve.

Spurs are on their way to top 4 finish this season imo.
It's a bit like Jibers said, i dont really think there is a big structure when attacking. A lot of fast movements when they get the chance, obviously like most teams they attack wide and the forwards are generous with the forwards run to open the passing lanes but it's nothing more than that. It's just speed and runs which i am not criticizing obviously, that's how 99% teams play.

There is this 1 percentile in football that understands positional play which is beasically dominating the other team more so with alignment than possession. People make the misconception a lot and personally it's what attracts me the most. It's almost a black and white type of thing in footy today.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:22 pm

when you read a bunch of articles and trying to sound like you have a clue, while not understanding anything typical logic used by the casuals, when the game is on can't even tell who is having a good game from bad one, but is a master of tactics rofl.

"He keeps a equilibrium between possession football and direct football", this is what happens when you look at possession and chances created stats, and try to fill in the blanks with casual analysis talk.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote: It's a bit like Jibers said, i dont really think there is a big structure when attacking. A lot of fast movements when they get the chance, obviously like most teams they attack wide and the forwards are generous with the forwards run to open the passing lanes but it's nothing more than that. It's just speed and runs which i am not criticizing obviously, that's how 99% teams play.

There is this 1 percentile in football that understands positional play which is beasically dominating the other team more so with alignment than possession. People make the misconception a lot and personally it's what attracts me the most. It's almost a black and white type of thing in footy today.

I dont agree about the structure talks at all. Look at his use of his center forward, the 9 never stays as a 9...actually Kane is barely in the box during build ups. The tactics is drift the 9 into wings to create overload and shift the entire defense into there, use the second striker now make use of the runs once the ball has been played laterally. For this reason a typical No 9 is useless to him, even Rickie Lambert drifted to wings during build ups and that is a player as typical 9 as it gets. Now the reason he has brought Son is to play that second striker role to perfection. That striker has to be tactically superb and good finisher. Now his both the wide players are inside AMs , Eriksen or Lamela both of them.They are not your tupical wide players that cross into box for the 9's to finish the chance off. How is this even remotely close to having no attacking structure is beyond me, especially an innovation like Kane's position,, i dont see how it is similar to 99% teams that supposedly plays with 2 strikers and 2 inside AMs. I cant even spot a similar team atm. No it is not just speed and run, that is being ignorant or failing to comprehend what actually is happening. Its as lazy description as it get.

Every team has positional play. Lets not go in a road believing that a few teams are playing with utilizing structure and space while other teams are not. That is another misconception that has been going on lately with football hipsters. It is not black and white as you say. Simione dominates the other team with his alignment,Klopp,Mou..they just use the positional play for controlling the match defensively than offensively. Then there is coaches ,you know who..they use the positional play to control the match with the ball. Now there is no one way here, it depends on the players available to you. Is Pochettino trying to control the match with the ball? hell yes, he is. His first preference is to play the ball,do not lose it and make moves in forward area's to open up central spaces. Now is his teams perfect is doing so? are they bit too direct? yes. That is because their center midfielders are very bad and it is as you know difficult to control a match with out any quality central midfielders. It is down to players at his disposal as well..A manager who can adapt to different squads are the top class managers unless the team you are inheriting has massive funds to replace the core. Look at LVG, he cant even establish his philosophy because the players he have are not suited to his style of play at all. It is a two way street.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Nick doesn't approve
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Poche has evolved Adit...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Adit wrote:

Nick doesn't approve
does it matter though? at this point he is one of the best hire we can make given his pedigree. And if he is effective at coaching the team, it's worth more than a coach who isnt.

maybe that's the number one criteria when hiring a coach, how good you are communicating.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:56 pm

The ranking of coaches in the world is pretty clear

Top 2 Klopp Guardiola
3rd Allegri
4th Simeone
5th Conte
6th-8th Tuchel,Pochettino, Sarri
9th Zidane
10th Enrique
11th Emery
12th Jardim
13th Favre
14th Howe
15th Ancelotti
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Nothing clear about that ranking...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Ancelotti 15th? lmao

also Klopp is not top2, still has not won a thing

1-Pep
2-Allegri
3-Ancelotti
4-Zidane
5-Mourinho
6-Simeone
7-Conte
8-Klopp
9-Pochettino
10-Jardim
11-Tuchel
12-Sarri
13-Emery
etc...

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Sorry but you're living in the last decade if you think Ancelotti us a better coach in 2018 than Klopp

or Mourinho Laughing

Jesus

Do you follow football?

This is not a lifetime achievement award

this is a ranking as of NOW and I am spot on
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:13 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Sorry but you're living in the last decade if you think Ancelotti us a better coach in 2018 than Klopp

This is not a lifetime achievement award

this is a ranking as of NOW and I am spot on
now you mean after today's 5-1destruction of arsenal? lol.

There is 0 evidence that Ancelotti isnt better in 2018. so factoring in past accomplishment, he still has the benefit of the doubt
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next