Winter is Coming
Kick
Shed
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mourinho Out Empty Mourinho Out

Post by Shed Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:13 pm

The only words that need saying are that this is beyond repair and the manager needs to go. Any other manager would have been gone over 2 months ago now minimum for anything even close to this level of consistent, unrelenting incompetence. José's experience and success has (rightly) afforded him a bit more latitude and wiggle-room, but in that time he's proven beyond doubt and with increasing conclusiveness with each passing game, that he has no answer to our problems. Even if we consider that the players on their own are capable of miles more than they've shown and could be trying much harder (which there's no doubt of), it's nevertheless the job of a manager to motivate his side and set them up to get the best out of them. He simply has not done that, and everything he's tried by way of it has failed spectacularly.

He's identified and outed the players he says aren't following his instructions, accusing them of 'letting him down' and 'betraying his work' in his post-match presser this evening. This mindset is his entire problem. Make no mistake, the players deserve a monumental amount of the blame. Their behaviour and performance this season has illuminated flawlessly their complete lack of bottle, their embarrassing fragility, their unmistakable apathy for/towards the club, their contempt for the fans, and their enormous distance in mentality and resolve from the team that preceded them. But at the same time – football must be more than mindless lemmings following injunctions. Part of Mourinho's responsibilities as the manager is to sell his ideas and outlook to his players, get them to buy into it, and translate that belief onto the pitch and into results. Simply trotting out the "they aren't listening" line does not absolve him from culpability. It's also no coincidence that this has happened at virtually every club he's managed. His philosophy simply isn't scalable over a longer period of time, and his methods burn out after a brief few seasons.

We've been abject since January 2014, and even going back farther, have never for anything resembling a consistent, sustained period of time looked a side in command, in control, confident, and able to assert itself and play its game (versus react to its opponent's) under his reign. These are the hallmarks of a top side. And in these respects, José has turned us into anything but. We won the title last season by default on account of everyone else being so exceedingly mediocre, and to say we're being well and truly shown up this season would be the understatement of the century, and is made all the worse by the fact that none of our former rivals at the top of the table have, in fact, improved all that immensely in the meantime anyway. His cautious, reactive, reactionary, negative approach to the game even in the face of a side obviously, eminently capable of so much more is just staggering, and has probably held us back more than even the most critical fan can fathom.

The true and total cost of his second spell reaches far beyond just his list of results. Very much as many feared (and I sounded off about) when his return was still being mooted, he's all but eradicated the amassment of talented younger-end players we were pursuing before he arrived, and has firesold (in most cases either directly or indirectly to direct rivals) the ones we'd already integrated or were in the process of doing. Mata, DeBruyne, and Lukaku to name a few. Many (including myself) either agreed or didn't disagree with some of these decisions at the time, but estimating players and projecting their futures isn't the responsibility of the layman fans but rather the job of the man paid millions to get those decisions right. He hasn't, and we'll pay for it long, long after he's gone.

I'm aware there's no one overtly better out there on paper available to replace him right now, and have used that very argument myself in support of him in the past, but we've decisively reached the stage where any change is now a good one. The situation is obviously toxic, the players are fed up with him, he's evidently scarcely arsed himself, the predicament is irrecoverable, and his position at the club is untenable. The longer this atrophy is permitted to continue, the worse off we'll be once the trigger finally is pulled, the harder time we'll have turning it round, and the more his legacy and estimation in and by the club will suffer.

Hard as it is to admit, it's now in everyone's best interests he's shown the door.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Mourinho Out Empty Re: Mourinho Out

Post by Kick Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:45 am

Yeah, he needs to go.

This season has long been over, but the fact we're only 1 point above relegation is unacceptable.

Get a caretaker in, and then get either Simeone or Pep in the summer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:01 am

When even eternal, diehard optimist Kick has lost faith in you, you KNOW your time is up.
-

Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:03 am

Jose Mourinho admits he feels "betrayed" by his Chelsea players following their 2-1 defeat to Leicester City.

Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez fired Claudio Ranieri's team ahead and, despite Loic Remy's 77th-minute header, the defending champions were unable to salvage a result.

The Portuguese believes his team are not following his instructions to an acceptable level and suggests they overachieved in winning the title last season.

"We conceded two goals that are unacceptable for me. I know one of my best qualities is to read the game for my players, to identify every detail about the opponent," Mourinho told Sky Sports.

"I feel that my work was betrayed. It's difficult for us to score goals when you have players who are not in their best level. When you have some players, especially in crucial positions, it's difficult.

"It's hard. All last season I did phenomenal work and I brought them to a level that is more than they really are."

Don't think this helps him.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:06 am

I haven't watched a game since October, mostly because I've been busy, but also because I don't want to go out of my way to watch this poor excuse for a team play.

The season is over, I just want a caretaker who can tighten up our defence, ensure we don't get relegated and is willing to part ways at the end of the season.

I'm not sold on Carlo, because I don't want him long term, if he is happy to manage until May, then by all means, bring him in. If not, find someone else.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:11 am

Simeone would obviously be the dream appointment in the summer, but I don't think anyone could pry him away from Atleti at this point, least of all us.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:13 am

Think he should stay tbh.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:27 am

Shed wrote:Simeone would obviously be the dream appointment in the summer, but I don't think anyone could pry him away from Atleti at this point, least of all us.

I think we can, tbh. Plus we have a couple of their players so it won't be hard transition.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:27 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Think he should stay tbh.

Spoiler:

Or because we'll take up 1 of the 3 relegation spots come season's end hmm

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:28 am

Kick wrote:
Shed wrote:Simeone would obviously be the dream appointment in the summer, but I don't think anyone could pry him away from Atleti at this point, least of all us.

I think we can, tbh. Plus we have a couple of their players so it won't be hard transition.
-

Perhaps.

Well, that and....

Mourinho Out OB3MJbG

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:44 am

Yes. That too.

Plus:
Courtois
Gaspar Zouma Terry Azpilicueta
Willian Koke Matic Oscar
Costa Hazard

:coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:48 am

Simone wants to coach Inter when he leaves Atleti.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:51 am

Time for a name change, then Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 am

Not sure why you want Simeone for tbh, he's basically Mourinho 2.0 lol.

With all the talent Atleti has they have scored 20 goals this season rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:53 am

Pardiola In
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:54 am

Exactly, he is Mou 2.0.

The same as Mou, but is better at getting results over longer periods.

Therefore the change of system won't be dramatic, but we should be more consistent.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:55 am

Oh fair enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:57 am

Instead of this BS we're currently in.

Plus, the only other manager I think would be worth it, would be Pep, and that is the exact opposite in terms of playing style.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:44 am

+1. Pretty much this. Exactly my thoughts.

I wonder what will happen once we do get a new coach tho.
I mean, Mou did show an incredible amount of incompetence for us to have such a poor start and even a worse incompetence dealing with it and only degenerating it, but do you think things will return to normality and we will be back to competing for the title/top 4?
What's the normality for our team? What's the actual worth of it that we can't reach because Mou is holding us down?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:59 am

I don't see any point in letting him go mid season because we won't gain anything from another manager this season, no top 4 or 6. I really like mourinho, but we suck and are stagnating, so the best option would be to see out this season with decency and look for changes after that, seasons long gone, nothing to gain anymore, even with a new manager.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:10 am

The worst part about this is that we are playing worse than Avb's 6-month self titled "the project", we at least scored some pretty sweet goals then...
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:18 am

This is really hard for me, because I am such a huge supporter of Jose mourinho.  I was so happy when he came back and I didn't care about the drama, and his past two years were quite a success with us.  I really wanted to see him build a new powerhouse with Chelsea again Sad
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:24 am

You can add me to this list too. I'm done with Mou..

I don't think an interim would do at this point if they're from the club i.e. Steve Holland. I think we need something drastic to bring about a bigger change
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:31 am

sheep, lol.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:21 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not sure why you want Simeone for tbh, he's basically Mourinho 2.0 lol.

You make it sound as if being Mourinho 2.0 would be a bad thing. Laughing

Mourinho

- without the falling out with his own squad, his own medical team, referees, other coaches, Unicef and Jesus aspect

- with trust in youngstars (Koke, Giménez, Oliver Torres, Saúl, Carrasco, Oblak, A. Correa ...)

- without being a sore loser

- with the ability to keep the squad motivated beyond 2 seasons (this is Simeone's 5th season now at Atletico, 1 1/2 years after their La Liga win and CL final run and they are still there at the top -- like, literally, they are joint top of the table right now alongside Barca)

is pretty much a perfect coach. Laughing

Atletico are 1 superstar forward away from being a top 3 team in the world. Just imagine they had Suarez whose character and playstyle, aside from his obvious qualities as a footballer, would be a match made in heaven for Simeone instead of relying on Fernando freaking Torres and Hackson Martinez. They are only that 1 striker away from being a near unbeatable unit.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next