Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Manga and Anime  - Page 22 Empty Re: Manga and Anime

Post by M99 Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm convinced Reynolds is doing that so he can reference it as Deadpool.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:13 pm

M99 wrote:I'm convinced Reynolds is doing that so he can reference it as Deadpool.

Or maybe he wants to do a movie for kids hmm

Anyways, it sounds insane enough that i could work. The writer seems to have made a popoular animated show. Gravity Falls. But I've never heard of it though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:56 pm

About to finish watching FMA Brotherhood and it's hands down the most overrated anime of all time. It has a couple of strong points but even compared to your standard praised shounen like OP and Naruto etc it's inferior. The only interesting thing about it is the setting, which is relatively bare bones and not expanded upon and the pacing, there's no filler, it's very much focused on the story, in that regard it's better than a lot of it's contemporaries. Got a couple of eps left so I imagine it'll have some emotionally sad ending which causes people to overrate it.

Definitely one of my biggest anime disappointments of all time considering the praise it garners. I'd take prime Naruto and One Piece over this every single time.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Fully agreed.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Can barely remember it tbh hmm Not a good sign

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 am

Firenze wrote:About to finish watching FMA Brotherhood and it's hands down the most overrated anime of all time. It has a couple of strong points but even compared to your standard praised shounen like OP and Naruto etc it's inferior. The only interesting thing about it is the setting, which is relatively bare bones and not expanded upon and the pacing, there's no filler, it's very much focused on the story, in that regard it's better than a lot of it's contemporaries. Got a couple of eps left so I imagine it'll have some emotionally sad ending which causes people to overrate it.

Definitely one of my biggest anime disappointments of all time considering the praise it garners. I'd take prime Naruto and One Piece over this every single time.

Agreed.

Also the one thing that i didnt like about FMA is the comedy scenes that pops up every now and then.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:06 pm

MaraVilla wrote:
Firenze wrote:About to finish watching FMA Brotherhood and it's hands down the most overrated anime of all time. It has a couple of strong points but even compared to your standard  praised shounen like OP and Naruto etc it's inferior. The only interesting thing about it is the setting, which is relatively bare bones and not expanded upon and the pacing, there's no filler, it's very much focused on the story, in that regard it's better than a lot of it's contemporaries. Got a couple of eps left so I imagine it'll have some emotionally sad ending which causes people to overrate it.

Agreed.

Also the one thing that i didnt like about FMA is the comedy scenes that pops up every now and then.

one of my biggest complaints, the comedic moments are in almost every battle (which btw, I had the notion this was a battle shounen but it really isn't, one fight aside all fights are over in like < 1 minute and they all suck) and at such weird moments too, I lost count of how many times there was supposed to be a tense battle with an appropriate OST and then some terribly placed comedic scene ruins it.

Finished anyway and gave it a 7/10, ending was satisfying enough. I'm going to have to read up on why it's so well regarded because, although I disagree with the likes of One Piece being rated so highly, I can at least understand why, but with FMA I can't.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Not gonna take the bait
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Kaladin wrote:Not gonna take the bait

Same.

Best shonen anime ever gtfo scrubs dont @me
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Firenze wrote:
MaraVilla wrote:
Firenze wrote:About to finish watching FMA Brotherhood and it's hands down the most overrated anime of all time. It has a couple of strong points but even compared to your standard  praised shounen like OP and Naruto etc it's inferior. The only interesting thing about it is the setting, which is relatively bare bones and not expanded upon and the pacing, there's no filler, it's very much focused on the story, in that regard it's better than a lot of it's contemporaries. Got a couple of eps left so I imagine it'll have some emotionally sad ending which causes people to overrate it.

Agreed.

one of my biggest complaints, the comedic moments are in almost every battle (which btw, I had the notion this was a battle shounen but it really isn't, one fight aside all fights are over in like < 1 minute and they all suck) and at such weird moments too, I lost count of how many times there was supposed to be a tense battle with an appropriate OST and then some terribly placed comedic scene ruins it.

Finished anyway and gave it a 7/10, ending was satisfying enough. I'm going to have to read up on why it's so well regarded because, although I disagree with the likes of One Piece being rated so highly, I can at least understand why, but with FMA I can't.

That was my main complaint as well. Comedy relief ruined the tone every time. Some potentially great scene going on *insert short joke*

But then it is a shonen so i suppose it fits.

You can dislike OP as much as you want but it is the best shonen out there.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Has my favorite opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uq34TeWEdQ

Great characters, story, emotional scenes, fantastic climax, great soundtrack, setting, lore etc. I regard it as one of the best I ever watched/read. I read the manga before so the jokes never bothered me. Its shonen, of course there's gonna be jokes and a lot of them were funny.

Also Shou Tucker. Biggest pos in history. Just thinking about him enrages me. GOAT villain along with King Bradley.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Firenze wrote:
MaraVilla wrote:

Agreed.

That was my main complaint as well. Comedy relief ruined the tone every time. Some potentially great scene going on *insert short joke*

But then it is a shonen so i suppose it fits.

You can dislike OP as much as you want but it is the best shonen out there.

OP was fantastic for large portions, I just dislike it nowadays. Think Oda lost his drive. Current arc is as cringe as it gets. Been trash since Marineford, which was 7 years ago.

And FMAB being shounen doesn't fly, none of the other shounen's I've watched have comedic moments like that ruining the flow and tone of almost every skirmish. And no, they weren't funny at all. Almost all of them were just pointing fun of the MC being short.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Found the character's to be pretty one dimensional, there was nothing I disliked about the majority of them but there's not much there to like either, character development is for the most part secondary to telling the story. The story was good but nothing particularly interesting. There were some emotional scenes that were handled well - I'm not saying it's a bad series, I just didn't find anything remarkable about it that could set it above other shounen series like other people could. I can name touching scenes in Naruto, OP etc that are just as emotional.

The end was satisfying, the soundtrack was good, the setting had potential but it was bare bones, nothing is really fleshed out. You just get a here's this country, here's that country and that's it, you don't really get all that much info on the setting tbh. I liked the pacing and how characters weren't just discarded, everyone had a use and a resolution, a lot of shounen do stumble there.

The fights were garbage and unimaginative, only the final Bradley fight was anything worth mentioning. The antagonists were incredibly unmemorable IMO (besides maybe Scar). Yet people like Gluttony continued to come back even though they were as interesting as watching paint dry. I kept expecting them to go in depth with Bradley, so much potential for him to have an existential issue with him being a human turned homunculus, but it never really came. Massive missed opportunity, in the end he just ends up being your generic badass for the most part. Already mentioned issues I had with the terrible usage of comedy. Likely other issues I had but I'm done ranting. Just very underwhelmed - it's a good series, but I never want to hear that it's a masterpiece. Nope. I can only think that it's rated so highly because it's entry level stuff for a lot of people and they look back at it fondly out of nostalgia.

I really like that OP too, M99, been listening to it a lot even after finishing it lol.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Other openings I like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_819911&feature=iv&src_vid=T6zDfxZ4NcE&v=R-tMbLYGbvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxBSDcvOzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irqFRZqptWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmE0bJTdCCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2e7yFbDuWM
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Psycho Pass OP/ED's are all great and among my favs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Speaking of disappointments, recently watched Psycho Pass 2, SMH. Rushed, plotholes and an absolutely terrible new character. Really hope the movie is better.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm

It's not. The movie is a waste of time too, not bad just meh. Pure cash grab.

I had to drop Season 2 5 eps in, disgusting since the first season is one of my absolute favorites. Supposed to be a season 3 so I hope it's a return to form.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Psycho Pass had the best ending in Anime history as well

Couldnt ever skip the credits ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Also, been readin Platinum End, 15 chapters in liking it so far
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Dropped that at 3rd chapter iirc
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 pm

I dropped Berserk in the middle of the golden age arc lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:38 pm

That's fine. Different taste n all.

Black Clover for example is one of the worst trash shonen i have ever read in my life. But it's hyped to the moon by most people. It's literally a shit attempt to create a new bleach/fairy tail. Can't believe that's what people like now ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Kaladin wrote:Also, been readin Platinum End, 15 chapters in liking it so far

art is great and the setting has potential but so far it isn't that good IMO, also think the translation team dropped it as I haven't seen a new chapter in a few months
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Kaladin wrote:I dropped Berserk in the middle of the golden age arc lol

not gonna take this bait
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine