Busby Babe
huntsman
28 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho - Page 3 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho

Post by huntsman Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:08 pm

I need to change my "Club supported" status
It seems Manchester is the next stop of my bandwagon. 3 years + / -, not bad for a change.

Anyone willing to make me a sig?

cya soon guys

huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:30 am

dat mou 11 next season Proud

ddg
darmian-smalling-laporte-shaw
neves-kante/sanches
mahrez-hames rodriguez-martial
griezman

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat May 21, 2016 9:05 pm

[BBC Sport] Jose Mourinho: Former Chelsea boss to be named Manchester United manager

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36351371

seems all wrapped up now
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat May 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Not sure how I feel about this. As much as I despise the idea of van gaal for one more year, have never been a jose fan.
Used to love cursing him and making fun of him when he was at chelsea and always saw him as a villain.

Now suddenly the thought of forgetting all that and supporting him, i dont know.
Well, the only positive about this is as that, well the obvious one, no more of grumpy old lvg.

Hope Mourinho wont turn us into another Chelsea by letting go of our bright young kids and buying 29 year olds just to win trophies. In fact Wont be too fussed if he doesnt win anything in 2 years either as long as we show improvement and progress.

And ya finally, thank you LvG for winning us a very important cup. Thumbs up And good bye.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 21, 2016 10:33 pm

Glory wrote:Not sure how I feel about this. As much as I despise the idea of van gaal for one more year, have never been a jose fan.
Used to love cursing him and making fun of him when he was at chelsea and always saw him as a villain.

Now suddenly the thought of forgetting all that and supporting him, i dont know.
Well, the only positive about this is as that, well the obvious one, no more of grumpy old lvg.

Hope Mourinho wont turn us into another Chelsea by letting go of our bright young kids and buying 29 year olds just to win trophies. In fact Wont be too fussed if he doesnt win anything in 2 years either as long as we show improvement and progress.

And ya finally, thank you LvG for winning us a very important cup. Thumbs up And good bye.

You do realize that history says Mourinho only lasts 2 years??????????
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2016 11:13 pm

If Mourinho is smart, he makes big personnel changes after 2 years so his cycle reboots internally.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 22, 2016 12:38 am

That's an awfully big assumption, Sports! Using Mourinho and Smarts in same sentence, let alone an ability to adapt or change!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun May 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Glory wrote:Not sure how I feel about this. As much as I despise the idea of van gaal for one more year, have never been a jose fan.

Same, same. Not Jose's biggest fan, but I don't trust our board to make a risky appointment and I've had enough of LvG. All roads lead to Mourinho.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 22, 2016 2:29 pm

I think to be the only one to rate him like a God here , so my opinion about him , it  can't be unbiased Laughing
Strange to watch him   in Europa League next year, but mainly the partnership Mou-Manchester United beginning from that level
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 22, 2016 2:47 pm

I'm a tad bit apprehensive about this appointment. On the one hand I've no doubt that Mou would be a significant upgrade on LVG, from results to on the field performances...

..On the other hand, I question his commitment to playing youth (my biggest joy this season was seeing Rashford, CBJ, TFM flourish), his creation of a siege mentality that eventually goes tits up and creates a toxic atmosphere. The way he tarnishes a club's name with off the field antics.

So I'm on the fence about this. A case of 'lets wait and see how things go'.

He's a quick fix. A top class coach, one that was readily available and eager to manage us. The decision to hire was a no-brainer.

His stint last season was an anomaly.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 22, 2016 2:58 pm

RED wrote:I'm a tad bit apprehensive about this appointment. On the one hand I've no doubt that Mou would be a significant upgrade on LVG, from results to on the field performances...

..On the other hand, I question his commitment to playing youth (my biggest joy this season was seeing Rashford, CBJ, TFM flourish), his creation of a siege mentality that eventually goes tits up and creates a toxic atmosphere. The way he tarnishes a club's name with off the field antics.

He's a quick fix. A top class coach, one that was readily available and eager to manage us. The decision to hire was a no-brainer.

He plays youngsters if they are good enough. You won't see him play the likes of Blackett or McNair, but he doesn't care about age. For Mourinho, if you're good enough, you're old enough.

BTW, this season in Europa League is a blessing in disguise for him, since he would have had no chance winning CL next season. After he wins CL in 2018 or 2019, he'll always be known as the guy who took United from EL level to best in the world bracket.

I expect him to stay at least 5 seasons in Manchester.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
RED wrote:I'm a tad bit apprehensive about this appointment. On the one hand I've no doubt that Mou would be a significant upgrade on LVG, from results to on the field performances...

He plays youngsters if they are good enough. You won't see him play the likes of Blackett or McNair, but he doesn't care about age. For Mourinho, if you're good enough, you're old enough.

BTW, this season in Europa League is a blessing in disguise for him, since he would have had no chance winning CL next season. After he wins CL in 2018 or 2019, he'll always be known as the guy who took United from EL level to best in the world bracket.

Laughing steady on.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 22, 2016 3:20 pm

RED wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Laughing steady on.

Taking into consideration Utd's resources, he'll need 2 summers to make his team. I expect this summer Zlatan, James, Bernardo Silva/Mahrez, Kante/CM and a CB, most probably Stones. He'll play for sure 4-2-3-1 and there's no better than James in that behind the strike role.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon May 23, 2016 2:45 am

I cant see Mou handling the bureaucracy of Utd very well.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri May 27, 2016 9:47 am

Its official. Smile

Jose Mourinho - Page 3 CjcyrmfVEAA2a4g

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 27, 2016 6:01 pm

We can question his style, will he use youth, the manner he conducts himself etc. but he is a winner, wherever he's gone he's at least brought some sort of success. For how long can he be a winner is the only question imo.

When he sells Mata for a second time :bow:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Very interesting press conference. No beating around the bush and mouthing tedious terms such as philosophy and match rhythm lol.

About the rooney situation glad he is coming out straightforward with what he plans to do.
So he will either be a 9 or a 10. hmm Zlatan as 9 and rooney behind him possibly. Although I am not a fan of that idea as both of them are slow and kind of similar and in theory will get in each other's way, let's see how it pans out in reality. One thing's for sure though , this time rooney wont be able to just glide past poor performances and continue to start. If he's shit he will be out. As simple as that.

About what he said regarding multidimensional players, I think Blind is safe. He said he will keep 1 or 2 as emergency options. So unless he wants to leave voluntarily he might have a place in his plans which is good to know.
On the other hand though Herrera 's place might just be under threat. Sad Jose's roles are more or less clear cut. And in a double pivot(which it will be) i cant see ander having a role. Hope he will be retained at least as a squadie.
And as for our class of 16 lads, I think at least at the beginning those boys will get minutes. Rashers and TFM especially. Smile But the tolerance limit will be considerably less though. They will be asked to perform from the outset which I am kinda confident they can.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:54 pm

https://twitter.com/i/videos/750302370009976832?embed_source=facebook
cheers

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:28 pm

4th player coming Proud

Pogbito Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:25 pm

I think everyone is safe to be honest. I believe Mourinho wanted to say at some point that he wants to make every player in the squad feel happy and the only thing that could trigger more transfers is if somebody wants to leave.

So, if the players want to stay, I think Mourinho will keep them all. Although, I'd sell Fellaini.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:33 pm

For the full interview, sign up to adidas front row. Wink

In an exclusive interview for adidas Front Row, Mourinho spoke of his pride at being at the Old Trafford helm and, while he realises fans' expectations are high, he discussed how the backing from the stands will be vital.

"I understand that they expect a lot from me but I also expect a lot from them," he declared. "There is no chance we will be happy if we are not together and I think the passion [they have] for this club is really amazing.

"It’s a new chapter in the club’s life. Always when you change a manager, I feel it is a sad moment but it is a new chapter now. We have brought a few new faces in, we will keep some others but, in the end, it doesn’t matter who the manager is, it doesn’t who the new players are or who is staying or leaving, it’s Man United and Man United is much more than any one of us.

"The passion the fans have is for the club and I feel that I am a club man. When I arrived, I wore the [United] shirt immediately and this is the kind of club and the kind of shirt that I am very proud to represent. I am going to do my best to be happy and to make the people happy."

In terms of targets for his first year, Mourinho is clear in his mission.

"I’m not humble when I talk about targets, I’m quite aggressive on that. I want everything and everything is to win matches, play well, score goals, don’t concede goals… everything. I want everything," he insists. "I know that we are speaking about a hypothetical situation which is very difficult to reach but I want everything."

Source: manutd.com
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Post match interview with Mourinho (after pre-season friendly against Wigan)

Kicking off with a win
"I am very happy. The result is obviously not the most important thing, but it is always important. I’m happy because there were things we tried in training around some principles of our play defensively and offensively and I could see them. They were not perfect of course because the conditions are not the best with only 10 days of training, accumulation of fatigue and no sharpness, so it takes time. But I could see things that showed the players were starting to think in the way I think about football. That pleased me. Everybody played the match and everyone had a positive performance."

Fantastic fans
"Best of all was something that I never had before - a friendly match which I could call a training session against opposition and yet there were so many supporters who gave permanent support to the team. There was the manifestation of happiness [from them] about a few things they could see in the team which was absolutely fantastic. As I said in my [arrival] press conference, I will try to give them everything and I’m sure they will continue to give amazing support to the team."

Thumbs up for new boys
"[Henrikh] Mkhitaryan is a top-class player and currently at the best stage for a footballer - 27 years old. He is magnificent in the way he thinks about football, he thinks very quickly and it’s so sweet how he touches the ball. He can play in different positions behind the striker. He doesn’t have the sharpness yet but his performance was very positive. With Eric [Bailly], the way the fans showed how much they liked his performance when I substituted him is enough. Of course he is a very young boy coming from a very different environment, but you could see what he is at this moment. I will give him everything to try to make him better and better, like I did with other central defenders I’ve had in my hands. He has showed the potential we saw when we decided to buy him."

Youngsters show promise
"You can play 90 minutes or one minute and sometimes one minute is enough. With Axel [Tuanzebe] – 10 minutes is enough! [Laughs] The potential is there, you could see it immediately. You know him better than me of course as you’ve known for a few years and I’ve known him for a couple of weeks, but if anyone sees him for the first time then 10 minutes is enough to see the potential. Andreas [Pereira] has lots of talent. He has incredible vision and an incredible technique. That’s just talking about two players but the reality is the kids, without pressure and in a calm environment and not in the fire but in a cool situation for them, were very good. And it was very good for me to see what they can do."
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Cheers mate. I was actually searching for his full interview.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:02 pm

I took it from the official site of Man United. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Mourinho: "I want to bring the young players up (academy) when they are in the right moment. But the reality is, some of them come to stay."

Mourinho: "For example, Fosu-Mensah & Marcus Rashford, we realise that the level they are at is so good that they don't need the step back."

cheers

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next