Dutti
Busby Babe
huntsman
28 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho

Post by Glory Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Hmm, If its for short term (until Gary Nev is ready to take over Smile or something ) okay then, as as you said, he will guarantee success in some way or the other. But long term its a no-no. With LvG even amid this present downward spiral theres a positive that he will build for the future (i.e for the next manager as is evidenced by his giving players like Lingard and Pereira chances), but Mourinho theres no such assurances ( that kid they have got, RLC has all the makings to be a future star, but lol he is behind scrubs like ramires in the pecking order). Its only about results and instant success. Style of football is not much better either. Same negative stuff.

LvG's transfer activities are better than Mourinho's as well.
He (mou) sells all the creative, intelligent players and replaces them with workhorses. Imagine what he will do to Martial if he gets here and if the kid's form dips.  
And I am not among the ones who thinks lvg got it wrong by letting go off hernandez last window regardless His blistering current form.
And not to mention his general bitch behavior and antics. Last time we went for him, he turned it down and opted chelsea, why should we once again go and bow to this pos now.

Having said all that, I am not at all happy with lvg either, dont get me wrong, I was totally behind him until now. But now i am also starting to realize the mistake.
The so called defensive stability United has acquired is more or less down to a brilliant goalkeeper and an in form center back.
He talks about philosophy quite a lot, but all we can see  especially when we are in need of a goal, is pumping balls forward randomly and aimlessly with blind hope as if we dont even have a midfield in place, straight from defense to offense. Its disgustingly irritating really.
LvG is basing our play on one of our poorest players Fellaini during that time, when we have got brilliant technical players like Martial and Herrera on the pitch.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:57 pm

If Mou comes, the club be damned. I don't want that cancer anywhere near our team tbh. We aleady lag behind i so many areas, our Youth set up is by far the worst out of all the big teams, and LVG has already initiated changes. This short termism makes me a bit sick. Let the man finish out his contract.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:59 pm

There arent any other options out there to be fair. For 2 seasons Mourinho is very bearable, as long as he doesnt stay beyond that I am very sure he would help you win titles
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:05 pm

jibers wrote:If Mou comes, the club be damned. I don't want that cancer anywhere near our team tbh. We aleady lag behind i so many areas, our Youth set up is by far the worst out of all the big teams, and LVG has already initiated changes. This short termism makes me a bit sick. Let the man finish out his contract.

Your support of him is quite something. See out his contract? rofl

Another year of that turgid shit on a stick football will put many reds on suicide watch.

It was somewhat acceptable when we were scraping wins, but now that has gone and we're without a win in 6 matches, and have had 3 straight defeats, one eliminating us out of the CL, the other 2 losing to newly promoted teams.

He's initiated changes alright, changes that has us struggling this season. No defender brought in, relying on Rooney, the overhaul of players without the need to replace them, and then ultimately deciding to head into a season where we were competing on 4 fronts with a small squad that is injury prone. Ridiculous.

He has to go ffs. We're getting worse under him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:45 am

Mou actually is goat in transfers. His buys are right to the point, when it comes to first 11 of course.

For Ancelotti's success in Madrid, ground work was laid by mou. To me he is good bet for 2 years.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Im here to enjoy the mince pie, where is it?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:10 pm

we all hate mourinho but we all know he is one of the best managers in the world. as a Liverpool fan I hope the old enemy don't get him cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Vibe wrote:The issue with Mourinho is the fact that he builds around a core of negativity. Reason why he only lasts 2 seasons is because he motivates players to play out of spite. Everybody is against them, there is a conspiracy so they don't win... And that is a powerfull motivator, until the negativity consumes you and no longer motivates you, like in Madrid and more obviously, Chelsea. You need positive motivators for long term.

In Italy this worked faboulosly because there's always some conspiracy talk and scandals and he was backed 100%, could have built long term legacy at Inter IMO.

If he can clean up his act, he will be amazing for United. This is still one of the best managers of all time we are talking about, a serial winner for over a decade now.

Very well said but we all know Mourinho cannot clean up his act. It's the act that makes him Mourinho and it's the act that has contributed substantially to his success. Your post though is one of the best explanations I have ever read about why Mourinho succeeds ... and fails. Ultimately players most value a coach who makes them better footballers. No wonder Xabi Alonso said Pep Guardiola is the best coach he has ever worked with. Too much of negativity and bitterness makes them feel cornered, especially when it is forced. Like when Mourinho was at Real Madrid he didn't like the Madrid players socializing with the Barca players even though they played together so well for the Spain national team and had developed mutual respect and affection over the years. A few players refused to listen to him because they didn't want to throw away all that they had with the Spanish national team just because he said so. If the players hadn't risen above his commands Spain wouldn't have won Euro 2012.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:36 pm

Looking more and more likely that he will be our new manager this summer.

I for one welcome it. Not like we have better options available.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Mata just can't catch a break.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:48 pm

M99 wrote:Mata just can't catch a break.

Oh yeah Laughing

Poor Mata Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:11 pm

RED wrote:Looking more and more likely that he will be our new manager this summer.

There's dozens of coaches out there who you could hire.

You really do NOT want the situation where your manager is Mourinho and your city rival's manager is Pep.

You're fed up with your club now?
You'll be appalled and disgusted with your club once that happens.
You'll find yourself having gone over to the dark side.

Utd fans should grow some balls, and clearly oppose the Mourinho hiring.
Just because you're desperate for success you're willing to throw overboard EVERY principle or ounce of dignity?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RED wrote:Looking more and more likely that he will be our new manager this summer.

There's dozens of coaches out there who you could hire.

You really do NOT want the situation where your manager is Mourinho and your city rival's manager is Pep.

You're fed up with your club now?
You'll be appalled and disgusted with your club once that happens.
You'll find yourself having gone over to the dark side.

Utd fans should grow some balls, and clearly oppose the Mourinho hiring.
Just because you're desperate for success you're willing to throw overboard EVERY principle or ounce of dignity?

Who else is there though?

Pochetino( the manager I want) won't leave Spurs, he's building a great young squad and will most likely be managing them in the CL next year, at our expense.

Ancellotti- Taken by your lot.

Pep- Going to City

It's either Mourinho or Giggs. And I'd take Mourinho any day of the week.

We can't afford to drift away from the top, a lot is riding on it. We need a figure like Mourinho to come in, no matter how short term it is, and get club back competing and challenging again.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm pretty apathetic towards Mou, agree with RED. We will want an established top coach and he's pretty much the only one available. Don't mind him coming for a couple of seasons. Really want Pochettino too but can't see it happening. Giggs can stay the hell away, come back in 5 years once he's proven himself as a manager.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:53 pm

BBC have confirmed that we're in talks with him. He's desperate for the Utd job.

I expect him to be our manager come next season.

Settled!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:32 am

RED wrote:BBC have confirmed that we're in talks with him. He's desperate for the Utd job.

Settled!

Doesn't it say something, that noone else is expressing interest?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:45 am

futbol_bill wrote:
RED wrote:BBC have confirmed that we're in talks with him. He's desperate for the Utd job.

Settled!

Doesn't it say something, that noone else is expressing interest?

We aren't a big club, that much is clear to me. Pathetic mentality. All this talk about morals and such are just that, talk. Getting the biggest snake oils salesman in the industry. Some of these United fans make me sick. Typical cucks.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:30 pm

alright Jibs we are still a big club we are still the biggest club in England, but we do not act like it right now. we need to accept there will not be another Sir  Alex Ferguson we are now in the same Manager cycle as every other club. LVG would be sacked if this were Bayern where we are, or Juve where we are, or Madrid where we are in the table. on the one hand I do not want Mourinho, because his personality and the way he just is and his short term managerial style. On the other hand, he is exactly what we need, a big ego, a big reputation and a ruthless man who will clear deadwood out of the squad and not think twice about it, and I imagine he is on a redemption path right now after his spell at Chelsea this year. He gives us credibility with players who know he is a winner, especially if we don't crawl back into the top 4.

as much as I hate to say it, we need to start acting like Madrid, we are that level and we need to act like it now, time to stop acting like we are morally better then these other big clubs who spend and spend and start doing the same or we will get left behind waiting on "youth and a english core, because it's the United way". If you don't hit the ground running when you arrive, time to show you the door and go buy a replacement.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:31 pm

I despise the man. And it will be hard to see him as our manager.

One thing's sure though. The board wont make him the manager until and unless he is willing to change his managerial style. especially that of blooding youth into the first team more than anything. So if he can do that, may be just may be... and more so now that the plastics have got pep we need someone to steady the ship and make sure we wont sink into anonymity. Mou for 2 years until we find a young promising manager wont be such a bad idea, under the current circumstance so.
{Btw pardon me for not standing by my words }

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:34 pm

B-Mac wrote:we need to start acting like Madrid

:facepalm:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Glory wrote:
One thing's sure though. The board wont make him the manager until and unless he is willing to change his managerial style. especially that of blooding youth into the first team more than anything. So if he can do that, may be just may be... and more so now that the plastics have got pep we need someone to steady the ship and make sure we wont sink into anonymity. Mou for 2 years until we find a young promising manager wont be such a bad idea, under the current circumstance so.
{Btw pardon me for not standing by my words  }

Right.. you want Mourinho for his winning record, but then you expect him to 'change his ways' lol.
That's delusional.

With Mourinho, you get Mourinho.
And with Mourinho neighboring Pep, you'll get the worst of Mourinho in full force.

You're kidding yourself if you try to tell yourself otherwise.

I realize you're desperate to be successful again, and getting Mourinho feels like a the easiest way.
Like snapping your finger.

If that's what you want, don't let us stop you.

We'll be cheering the carnage from the sidelines Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Glory wrote:
{Btw pardon me for not standing by my words  }

Right.. you want Mourinho for his winning record, but then you expect him to 'change his ways' lol.
That's delusional.

With Mourinho, you get Mourinho.
And with Mourinho neighboring Pep, you'll get the worst of Mourinho in full force.

You're kidding yourself if you try to tell yourself otherwise.

I realize you're desperate to be successful again, and getting Mourinho feels like a the easiest way.
Like snapping your finger.

If that's what you want, don't let us stop you.

We'll be cheering the carnage from the sidelines Proud

Says someone who never misses even the slightest of the opportunities to have a go at United. LOL
Go on, continue your invaluable contributions to this section.
If this appointment means we can get it even more, its yet another reason actually. Thumbs up

Jokes aside, i wasnt referring to any of which you are assuming blatantly. I am not saying mou will suddenly change his playing style once he gets his 'dream job'. I never said that. I said he will unlike his chelsea days be more willing to give youth chance in the 1st team. He will be judged far less strictly than he was at chelsea and if he plays a team full of academy graduates and we lose that match say 4-0 the board/fans will at first give him credit for picking that team and only then look at the footballing side of things. So his job security at United is far greater than it was before.
Its in that aspect i said, he might change his managerial style.

Also who else we will get realistically. Theres simply no one else as united is one of those clubs who will appoint only someone who's won something. Its either that or Ryan Giggs. Now I know, you in particular would want more than anything to see giggs as our next manager.
But yea we 'spoilt' 'desperate' united fans, we are cowards and therefore are playing safe with mou. Sure, let it be that way.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:08 pm

meanwhile in Toronto Canada

Kristina 28m28 minutes ago
There is a group of Man Untd fans outside screaming "Jose Mourinho is not the answer" and asking me to create a fb page that says so #monday

my buddies girlfriend who works at facebook office in Toronto Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Do you want him now, or are you still hesitant?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Inter director Bedy Moratti accidentally let slip “Jose Mourinho is happy, he’s going to Manchester United.”

http://www.football-italia.net/80149/moratti-mourinho-manchester
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:08 pm

I need to change my "Club supported" status
It seems Manchester is the next stop of my bandwagon. 3 years + / -, not bad for a change.

Anyone willing to make me a sig?

cya soon guys
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down