The October death run!

4 posters

Go down

The October death run! Empty The October death run!

Post by Glory Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Okay the 1st real test of the season. There's a sense of optimism around the club right now and hopefully it will carry us through this tough and demanding period of fixtures.
A tricky home match against a very good Wolfsburg outfit just hours before October actually commences, kicks off this set of 7 (8 including the league cup match) matches.

And then October brings us these

Premier League Sun 4 Oct 16:00 Arsenal v Man Utd
Premier League Sat 17 Oct 15:00 Everton v Man Utd
Champions League -Wed 21 Oct 19:45 CSKA v Man Utd
Premier League Sun 25 Oct 14:05 Man Utd v Man City
League Cup - Wed 28 Oct 20:00 Man Utd v Middlesbrough
Premier League Sat 31 Oct 15:00 Crystal Palace v Man Utd

Champions League

After the 'against the run of the play' defeat to PSV on our first match day the 2 fixtures here have naturally grown to be of great significance. Wolfsburg no longer have KDB in their ranks but still have a potent attack capable of beating anyone on their day with Dost Draxler and Schurlle.
October also features probably our hardest match in the group. The away trip to Russia to play CSKA.

HAS to win the home match and draw the away one and we will be fine I guess.

Premier league

3 away matches against Arsenal, Everton and crystal palace and a home derby against the noisy pricks. Can't ask for more i guess in terms of difficulty level.
How much hit can we take in these 4 games and still be there or thereabouts in the table.
Now that we have collected points so far reasonably well I think a loss or 2 won't endanger that heavily our chances I believe. Everton away is a sure loss. 4-5 points from the other 3. 20 points after 11 games and we will be in the mix.

More than the results in these 4 games its the games following these and our performance and results there is the main thing. A really bad October can have a detrimental effect on our confidence and belief going forward. So important thing will be no injuries to vital players during this death run and no morale shattering losses if there are losses.

My prediction for the 4 PL fixtures
DL DW

what do you guys think ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

The October death run! Empty Re: The October death run!

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:12 pm

I think Wolfsburg are very beatable and Dost, Draxler, Schürrle aren't exactly fearsome. Anticipating Bendtner to start for Dost too, which shouldn't make you crap your trousers either.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:26 pm

To take advantage of blind at cb dost could start. Is he out of form ? How is he faring this season ?

And is Luiz Gustavo available for the match ? Will be a boost if he is out.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Gustavo and Vierinha are out. Didn't even travel. It's a must win for Utd really.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:36 pm

okay.
Yea it is. pale
Hopefully it will be an open match. Much better our chances are if thats the case. Hopefully they wont come for a point and won't sit deep.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:29 pm

I hope we dick on Arsenal tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Everton at Goodison Park is the one I'm dreading, we never do well there.

The rest of the games, especially Arsenal and City, I'm pretty confident about (not saying it will be easy or that we're guaranteed a win), but one thing I'm impressed with LVG in his time here so far is how he sets us up for the big games.

Everton and Palace away, that damn trip to Russia in midweek...Damn. They'll be very tough.

If we're 1st or within 3 or 5 points of 1st place by the end of October, we'll have a good shot of winning the league. When the fixtures were released, October was the run that stood out. After Oct, our fixtures are nice and evenly spread out till May.

But finally I just want to mention one thing...

..Ain't it so great that we're seeing United matches so frequently, compared to last season. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down