October.

+2
Sri
beatrixasdfghjk.
6 posters

Go down

October. Empty October.

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 am

Probably only a placeholder until someone else bothers to write a better one up, but I want to feel productive (goalol) cheers

Spuds, 1-2.
No one really wants to hear about this game. A handball from Rafael van der Vaart (40) to control the ball, then over-exuberant celebrations, which should have resulted in a yellow and gotten him sent off, but yeah, good refereeing (Y). Ramsey (51) equalises quite lamely, a nice little cross from Song, and van der Vaart not marking him properly, I think. Karma Razz. And then Szczesny screws up a 25 yard shot from Walker (73). Fun, fun, fun. This isn't a high quality post, is it? ): I hate Spurs. You hate Spurs. That's settled then.

Sunderland, 2-1.
Well, umm, I can't really remember this game, but here goes Razz. AND ROBIN VAN PERSIE'S THE HERO, HIS BRACE LEADING ARSENAL TO A ONE GOAL VICTORY, AS YOU CAN SEE BY THE SCORE LINE UP THERE. After just 27 seconds, Rosicky finds Gervs just outside the Sunderland penalty box, who passed to RVP, then RVP's like Sleep and scores with his second touch of the ball :lol!:. Seb Larsson, a former Gunner, rifled in a free kick in the 31st minute, before RVP matched him in the 83rd Razz, just away from Mignolet's hand. RVP, in true style, took off his shirt, and got yellow carded. Shoddy refereeing.

Marseille, 1-0.
Well, I didn't watch this one, because it had a rather early kick-off, and it wasn't on our TV for some reason Suspect (they showed Porto's game instead), so I can't really comment on this one, but I hear it was quite boring. I just realised that the other Marseille game's on the first of November, so just out of my jurisdiction Razz. As someone that I can't remember will tell you, Wenger got his tactical decisions perfect, each of the substitutions, Djourou, Gervs, and Ramsey providing input towards the goal. I'm slightly more cynical Razz. Djourou provided a nice little cross (for once) in line with the Marseille defence, Gervs got a touch on it, I'm not sure if it was accidental or not, but the ball fell in line with Ramsey's run, and RAMSEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (92). Nice little finish. Ramsey's good at nice little finishes.

Stoke, 3-1.
I don't like Stoke either, because they seem to like to play rugby, and break peoples' legs. Not cool. AND ROBIN VAN PERSIE IS THE HERO AGAIN, COMING OFF THE BENCH IN THE 66TH MINUTE TO PROVIDE THE SPARK OF CREATIVITY THAT OUR ATTACK LACKED BEFORE THEN, SCORING (another) BRACE. This guy's in superb form. In the 27th minute, Aaron Ramsey comes with a delightful chip over the top of the Stoke defence players, and Gervs with a lovely turn, takes the ball down with his chest and makes no mistake. Gervs likes making mistakes. Like shooting instead of passing. But oh well, he scored cheers. The referee — ah, what's his name — Lee Mason, 'awards' Stoke a free kick from like reaaaaaaally, really far out, for a perfectly legitimate header from Koscielny, but like I said, dodgy reffing ):. So the free kick's whipped in, and then ... more set piece trouble :facepalm:. So what happens is, the Arsenal defence get really confused, the Stoke attack get less confused and then the ex-Spuds man (we need a glaring emote) Crouch (34) heads in, if I remember correctly. Our defence was a shambles, make no mistake. I can't be bothered to re-watch the goal, so I'll just steal from Arseblogger's match report — oh fine, he doesn't provide a goal analysis, so I'll have to do it myself. Okay, cool, Arsenalist has gone offline. No one likes me ): Gervs provides creator for RVP's brace, meaning he assisted both goals, which is quite nice cheers. Gervs makes a lovely, lovely run, drifting almost onto the right half of the goal line, then midway between the goal box and then penalty box, cuts it in for RVP (73) to score. It was a pretty tame goal, I must admit, Begovic got beaten at his near post, but I'm not complaining .__. Hehe, foreshadowing, I just checked the posts on this thread, and srigooner is commenting about not complaining Laughing. And then Arshavin lets off a beautiful ball down the left for Gervs, who runs in between two Stoke guys I don't know the name of, who don't react fast enough, Gervs cuts it back in for RVP, who squeezes in between another two Stoke guys I also don't know the names of, to score his 100th (100TH!) competitive goal for Arsenal, I think? Begovic fumbled the ball, really should have done better, bounces quite tamely in. I really need to learn people's names. So yeah, quite a good match, though we sucked without RVP. I think. I didn't watch it.

Bolton, 2-1.
Carling Cup, no one watched this game, and I doubt anyone would really care if I skipped it for now. Muamba (47) scored. Arshavin (53) scored. Park (56) scored. Arshavin's goal was brilliant, his shot passed six guys, I think. Park's goal was nice, reminded me of Arshavin's curling goal against Barca last season, only instead of Na$ri providing the assist, it was Arshavin (again!). Err, apart from that, I heard he was rather quite. Arshavin, that is. Quarters for the ninth consecutive year.

Chelsea, 5-3.
Mind-boggling score line, this is the one game this month I bothered to watch live, and even then, my download speed was reaaaaaaaally screwing with me, and my stream went offline every time Chelsea scored as well Razz. I missed most of the first half, because my neighbour's Wi-Fi went funny, and my parents turned off the router ): BUT ANYWAY. John Terry is a ****.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I really needed those spoiler tags (: It was a pretty out-and-out attacking affair, different from how Chelsea have played us in recent times. We can blame Villas-Boas, I think. Lots, and lots of counter-attacking, and both teams' defence sucked. I keep spelling defence wrong ): Chelsea got past our defence on Djourou's side like twice in the first five minutes or something, but they couldn't capitalise, because they're bad like that. Especially Torres. Torres sucks. Walcott, like Djourou a few games ago, was like really, really, surprising, completely dominated Ca$hley with his pace, and provided an excellent cross for Gervs, who skewed it just left with his (right), when he should have just whacked it with his left, and then a (slightly less) excellent cross for RVP, who skied it. Tricky ball though, can't blame him too much. Lampard opened the scoring in the 14th minute, Santos failing (okay, I've gotten that spelt wrong three times now, something's baaaaaaaaad) to mark Mata properly, who played a nice little cross with his weaker foot, I think, for Lampard to dive and head in. I think he dived, I can't remember. Mertesacker, who we bought for his nice little physical presence, towering height, slipped a little, and couldn't clear ): We should have bought Mata, then we wouldn't have this problem D< And then Chelsea missed some more. And some more. And some more. And — ad infinitum. In my opinion, pretty surprisingly, Ramsey (again) provided a beautiful, beautiful ground pass for Gervs, between to Chelsea guys that I can't be bothered identifying, but one of them is probably Terry, so Gervs, with Cech right in front of him, couldn't make a mistake (okay, he could, but he didn't), squaring it for RVP (36), who passed into an empty net. Nets are always empty. That should be like an unguarded net or something. Reminiscent of Fabregas vs Chelsea last season, when Walcott was through, and passed to Fabregas. Walcott described it as 'pressing X on the Xbox' or something, and I'm talking on a tangent. So yeah, we equalised. I like Van Persie, he's a beast. Oh yeah, as RVP got the ball, Cole's like Crying or Very sad and waving his hand around like the baby he is. And juuuuuuuuust as it looked like we'd go into half-time at one all, some silly guy decided that we'd try defending a corner. I hate corners. And free kicks. And set pieces. And other teams. Unless they suck, and we thrash them, then I like them Razz. So yeah, Lampard whips in a corner, and Terry (45) kicks it in. Laaaaaaaaaaame defending again. Arteta was marking the near post to start with, which was nice, then he drifted back, drifted back, and he ended up behind Szczesny, behind the goal line, which I really, really, can't find a reason for ... Mertesacker, that big bundle of brute physicality he is, was muscled off by Terry (I REALLY NEED A GLARE EMOTE Sad), who kicked it right towards where Arteta was standing, before he got fidgety. Terry sucks. You'll see, it plays out like a story Razz. So yeah, half-time is two-one to Chelsea. Okay, Arsenal.com tells me we might have restored parity twice within fifty-five seconds from the restart, but I really can't remember it, so who cares? And Andre Santos (49), who was really, really heavily criticised for his defensive failures, like his positioning, and his pace, and his big beer gut, and stuff like that, got into a really nice attacking position (wing-back Razz). Sturridge failed to mark Santos properly, and Song slots it between Sturridge and that defender of the right flank (sorry), Santos picks it up, runs, runs, and calmly shoots just under Cech's foot. Into the goal. That was ambiguous. And then Ashley Cole gets free of Djourou again :facepalm: forcing Szczesny to charge out of the goal, and he had made this really wild tackle on him. Wasn't the last man, because there was some guy I can't remember just making his way behind him, but really, should have gotten a red, so we were kind of lucky Razz Nice referee (: Only got a yellow card. From the ensuing free kick, Lampard does this terrific shot, that Szczesny just gets a touch on. Umm. And then ... WALCOTT! (55) Okay, to quote from my post in sri's thread, he invented a 'new 'take a quick free kick, kick the ground, fall over, dribble past six players (I think) and hammer the ball past goalie' technique'. Really needs to be seen, if you haven't. Passing the first four or so players was just completely fluky but the last two, excellent switching of the ball between Walcott's feet, and a powerful, powerful finish to beat Cech. I love that goal. I think I'll ask it to marry me, later. Okay, I just checked, his switching of the ball took him past Cole and Terry Razz. And then wooooooo, the most amount of time that the score line stayed the same before the final whistle, a total of twenty five minutes-ish. Mata (80) scores. Beautifully. We shoulda bought him. Santos was blocked off in the build-up by — whatshisname — Lukaku, so shoulda been a free kick ): (bad refereeeing), but Mata's strike was exceptional. Took a little deflection off Song, I think, but still. So there, I'm going Sad, very tense, very tense, ten minutes till the end of normal time, when Malouda, being an idiot, passes back to TERRY who was like :bow: to RVP GOD (85), RVP GOD dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, Cech rushes out of his box, RVP GOD rounds Cech, slots it into an 'empty' net. We've been through this before. I think the best part of the entire match was Terry :bow: RVP GOD. Excellent display of sportsmanship/devotion. Sorry if I offended anyone :3. Media's going crazy about his 'Nazi salute', I didn't find it offensive, so I don't know what they're talking about. Okay, even more tense than at 3-3, because everyone remembers that catastrophe against Newcastle, and some clever guy's says: 'IN BEFORE FOUR-FOUR'. *snigger* Okay, a Chelsea corner, or a free kick, or something like that (I like set pieces now) was defending quite nicely, actually, Rosicky steals the ball from some other guy, high foot, poor Rozza ):, then to quote the commentary: 'IT'S THREE AGAINST TWO, IT'S FOUR AGAINST TWO ... ROBIN VAN PERSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (90+2).' Something like that. Arteta provided the assist (he's so beautiful), and RVP finishes powerfully, though Cech should have done better. So we win. Ha.

Took me almost two hours to finish this.
I know, it's more of a summary of goals, a play-by-play, rather than a review, but who cares? Razz

Last edited by beatrixasdfghjk. on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:42 pm; edited 3 times in total

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

October. Empty Re: October.

Post by Sri Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:12 am

^^ cool.. you can do it for this month instead of me Smile I made the goals of the month thread separately though..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:14 am

Oh, okay, that works Razz
It won't be as good as yours though.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:16 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Oh, okay, that works Razz
It won't be as good as yours though.

Lol.. Nahh.. Everyone has their own style of writing, you do it your way Smile Nobody is comparing Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:34 am

You're just happy you don't have to write it up Razz

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:You're just happy you don't have to write it up Razz

That too Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:15 pm

RVP vs Sunderland was immense
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:37 pm

ali8775 wrote:RVP vs Sunderland was immense
Thumbs up Thumbs up :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:58 am

Well done Beatrix, good month all in all!
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:49 pm

Lower case 'b' in beatrix please cheers.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:10 pm

what a thread....a brilliant opening post....maybe coz i saw something LOL u know! i feel like i did it drunken ,but i wonder how (could i sayed if i hate spu.! No ...lol..Bale is 1 of my epl fav player...Well @beatrix Kudos man.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum