fatman123
Shed
huntsman
Lucifer
Kick
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Its Time to Discuss the Future of CFC Empty Its Time to Discuss the Future of CFC

Post by Kick Mon 28 Sep - 5:45:14

Despite being undefeated in our last 4 games, we're still near the relegation zone and hardly look like the championship winning team we were less than a year ago. Despite our defensive style, and our defensive manager, we're leaking goals. And despite Jose's word that he will not be fired and won't walk away, the poor league form is undoubtedly putting pressure on him.

So I'd like to take this chance to discuss Jose's future with the club, our leadership group within the club, what the club needs to do to improve and where you want Chelsea Football Club to head?

We either have two options for Jose's future, ride this poor form out and perhaps aim for top 4, a decent CL run and build for next season, or if results don't improve, sack him and move for someone like Klopp, or perhaps bring back Carlo?

Personally, I am in favour of keeping Jose, there are very few better managers out there and if he can get us through this, he can get us through anything.

As for the leadership group, it seems that Jose believes that one of Terry or Ivanovic has to start. Should that be the case? Especially when never deserve to be first choice players at the moment? Who should captain the side if both of them were to be dropped? The obvious choice is Cahill and I don't see why he'd do a worse job than Ivanovic is at present.

The tactics don't seem to be much of a problem, tbh. We just look lazy and uninterested + lacking an RB. I'd love to see a CM and a RB join in Jan with some big money thrown around. Then we just need to get the lads motivated, and we'll be back in business, imo. This season is probably a throw away already, so lets give the youth a lot of chances (like we are, RLC already has more minutes this season than he did for all of last season) and look for nothing but improvement.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Its Time to Discuss the Future of CFC Empty Re: Its Time to Discuss the Future of CFC

Post by Lucifer Mon 28 Sep - 6:09:08

Jose maybe scrub Jose maybe pos but u cannot deny the fact that he is the one of the most if not most sharpest brain in football.master tactician. Now Chelsea are troubled by complacency syndrome most teams go through it look at Barca. The difference is that Barca has outstanding individuals which make sure team wins even if they play badly unlike Chelsea. Conclusion is if there is one man who u need ryt now on ur side it is Jose Mourinho. Also Chelsea has very skank bench which doesn't allow too many rotations as the current lot seems to be either saturated or out of form.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Its Time to Discuss the Future of CFC Empty Re: Its Time to Discuss the Future of CFC

Post by huntsman Mon 28 Sep - 13:30:01

This subject had been beaten to death by me long, long, long before it was known to the media, yourself and the Chelsea  Fans.

I have eloquently described to you and the other Chelsea Fans this exact same process that the Club is undergoing in great depth. It's not my problem that you come now knocking my door asking for my help when I offered it before unconditionally.

As I always say; I only tell you what I know and not what others tell me, not what I hear from others, and all this I knew and I shared with you.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue 29 Sep - 23:39:32

The manager deserves to have serious questions asked about him at this point. Many are seeing our form since the start of the season and wondering what's going wrong, but the reality to anyone paying attention and/or who hasn't got their blue specs mounted firmly on, is that this last month and a half has been very much in keeping with the direction we've been headed in for some time. We've been bang average at best, shocking at worst, since the New Year. We were carried to our title win last term by our excellence in the first half of the campaign and the points we amassed therefrom, as well as by the total and utter mediocrity of everyone notionally capable of rivaling us.

His transfer decisions have been nothing short of mystifying with overtly quality players like DeBruyne, who's been imperious since literally the moment he was sold and now appears to have brought precisely that form with him to our customary main title rival; Schurrle, who despite his transience in the side always seemed to nip in with regular goals; and Luis, whom we really could have done with these days with José butt-buddy Ivanovic looking increasingly like a League One player by the week, and replaced them with the likes of Salah, Cuadrado, Djilobodji, and other no-mark lead balloons. Loaning Falcao as a striker after a stupefyingly bad season at United (to help further line his mate Mendes' pockets)? Buying Baba and then not playing him and moving Azpi back to his natural position even when Ivanovic is a walking talking tragedy? What exactly is he doing?

He picks the same underperforming players week in week out, while simultaneously ignoring and dismissing ones who, when given the odd chance so far this season, have shown their competence, quality, and drive (3 things, especially the last, sorely lacking in our players latterly). It should nary come as a surprise to him, and indeed should be seen as a massive 'duh' as it is to everyone else in the world with a pair of eyes, that every time we've invariably fallen behind so far this season and he starts yanking his pet favourites to bring in, out of force, the personae non gratae in their place, we perform exponentially better. Never fear though. Ivanovic responsible in some degree for both goals conceded tonight (and the majority we have all season) and characteristically horrendous going forward, but you can bet dollars to doughnuts that he'll be the first name on the teamsheet all over again come the weekend.

This rot is not looking like ebbing anytime soon, and as already mentioned is something that's been settling ominously in for quite some time now. We haven't had an uninterrupted period of competence in performances and results in almost a full year. Save for the blip 5-0 drubbing of Swansea in January, have we had a single conclusively, undebatably quality performance in a match in calendar year 2015? I'm struggling to think of even one. And like it or not, the manager is going to rightly be assigned responsibility for that.

I'm by no means ready to even begin calling for his removal, but one surely cannot help looking at this situation as it's been for so long now, and wonder if the supposed 'best manager in the world' has got a clue what he's doing.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed 30 Sep - 0:08:59

It's a good point that we've been trash since the start of this calendar year, and nothing changed during pre season either.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 30 Sep - 1:59:34

I think we've gotten worse since May, though.

Before we could grind out wins, now we can't keep a clean sheet. Isn't Arsenal the only team to not score against us this season? Laughable.

I fear Jose wants to play counter attacking football, but someone else is demanding he play attractive football and we've ended up with this mess of a style, if you can call it a style.

At this point, any gameplan that we can execute for 90 minutes would make all the difference.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 30 Sep - 2:07:29

Kick wrote:At this point, any gameplan that we can execute for 90 minutes would make all the difference.

This for me as well. Have been thinking it since the start of the season. Even going back to full-on 10 men behind the ball and playing on the break would be preferable to this convoluted shower of shite.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 30 Sep - 2:11:55

Shed wrote:
Kick wrote:At this point, any gameplan that we can execute for 90 minutes would make all the difference.

This for me as well. Have been thinking it since the start of the season. Even going back to full-on 10 men behind the ball and playing on the break would be preferable to this convoluted shower of shite.

Exactly. I am honestly surprised Jose hasn't either. I'd swap to a 4-3-3, park the bus every game, and grind out some wins, until we reach some measurable form again.

Begovic
Azpilicueta Cahill Zouma Baba
Ramires Matic Oscar
Willian/Pedro Costa Hazard
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed 30 Sep - 6:06:48

I agree that we need to change to a 4-3-3 but there seems to be something going on behind the doors

I cannot find an explanation why all of a sudden everyone stopped trying. There's no sense of urgency and no one seems to care. The most suspicious thing is that there have been no reports of unrest within the dressing room or players hating on Mourinho
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Wed 30 Sep - 10:13:49

Mourinho needs to get the sack asap. Reasons';
- We've been playing poorly for almost a whole year
- The squad had such obvious problems which wernt address in the transfer window (The board get a share of the blame)
- He is mentally unstable. Nobody could possibly keep playing the same under-performing players repeatedly
- It been 10+ games and the defense is still in shambles
-Ivanobitch
- Doesn't know how to coach attacking football
- His sights are set on the huge payout he will get cos the morons at the club decided he should get a new contract with 2 still remaining.

so many more point I cant be ceebs typing

Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu 1 Oct - 17:37:57

In away I don't think Mou is that stupid to not realize who the problems are in the team (Iva/Cesc for example), its more of him probably using them as his scapegoat at the end. The man has been to 5 clubs now and never last more then 3 season and his third season something big took place. Even the press I see them pointing out Iva constantly, but very little about Mou who keeps selecting him, at least the press I've read (not to say he hasn't been question/criticized).

Even then who replaces him? There very few coaches out there, obviously Carlo (not sure how many want him back), Klopp also.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri 2 Oct - 4:15:00

Winter is Coming wrote:In away I don't think Mou is that stupid to not realize who the problems are in the team (Iva/Cesc for example), its more of him probably using them as his scapegoat at the end. The man has been to 5 clubs now and never last more then 3 season and his third season something big took place. Even the press I see them pointing out Iva constantly, but very little about Mou who keeps selecting him, at least the press I've read (not to say he hasn't been question/criticized).

Even then who replaces him? There very few coaches out there, obviously Carlo (not sure how many want him back), Klopp also.

I'm starting to think that his third year curse is real..
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat 3 Oct - 21:06:04

Situation is getting critical. The same problems persist, evidently regardless of personnel, and nothing is looking like changing any time soon (if anything it's getting worse by the week as the more teams see us falter, the more their tails are up when comes time to play us, not to mention an increasing and perceptible sense of inevitability about our losing). Saying the club will stand by José – either out of faith, a commitment to make good on their supposed intentions of long-termism, or even a lack of adequate potential replacements – is all well and good, but there surely will come a time when mathematically his position must start to become untenable. The urgency of our predicament so far has been mitigated by the early-season nature of the league where no one in the table (save for extreme examples like 1st vs 20th) is too far separated from any other. But as the campaign drags on and Top 4, which undeniably is sadly now our objective for this season, begins to drift farther and farther away as the usual suspects begin to migrate up the table to where they belong and start to pull away from the rest, the club will have no choice but to act, much like in the case of AVB (whose tenure, incidentally, is now looking imperious compared to what we've produced so far this term).
-

Once again I go back to the fact that we've been dire since the turn of the year. Things not only aren't getting better, they're getting incrementally worse. Can't score from open play, create next to zero chances, starting midfield hopelessly helplessly out of form (along with most other players), a shambles at the back, getting outplayed and outfought by every side we come up against regardless of quality, and 11 players who look like they're just not playing for this manager anymore. Only going one way.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun 4 Oct - 2:41:08

Yeah it is going from bad to worse

If Jose' gets sacked and the players start to perform, I think that says more about the players than just the manager himself. We've already got a bad reputation of replacing managers when things go wrong so this can further make us an unattractive club for good prospective coaches

I really don't know the solution honestly. Jose' is stupid in picking the same under performing stars and his post match reactions seems to suggest he's actually believing what he says. All the players are playing bad so it's hard to determine what players we should target in January

Should Roman go back to his old ways with a huge shopping spree in January Shed?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 4 Oct - 3:35:15

Soul wrote:Yeah it is going from bad to worse

If Jose' gets sacked and the players start to perform, I think that says more about the players than just the manager himself. We've already got a bad reputation of replacing managers when things go wrong so this can further make us an unattractive club for good prospective coaches

I really don't know the solution honestly. Jose' is stupid in picking the same under performing stars and his post match reactions seems to suggest he's actually believing what he says. All the players are playing bad so it's hard to determine what players we should target in January

Should Roman go back to his old ways with a huge shopping spree in January Shed?

I'm sure we'll make some big purchases in January.

We should have signed a RB and a CM in the summer, though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 4 Oct - 4:29:16

YOu have a right back. He's called Azpilicueta. You bought a left back too. It's all there, but José just doesn't make the change.
Filipe Luis spent the whole year on the bench lmao.

You have a CM in Loftus-Cheek who SCREAMS for a start. José plays Mikel and Ramires, who frankly never were good enough, for years and years always just about not good enough.

Why buy players when José doesn't play the ones he already has?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 4 Oct - 5:33:02

Even if we were to drop Ivanovic and play Azpilicueta and Baba, we still need depth at FB, as I'd rather see Bran continue as a CB than a RB, so regardless of how well Azp does at RB and Baba does at LB, we still need another RB, or LB.

And the reason for needing a CM is in your own post, neither Ramires nor Mikel is good enough for us, RLC isn't getting game time and even if he was, and was playing well, he'd be the only player worthy of a starting spot. Both Fabregas and Matic have been miles out of form so another CM would push them to hopefully improve and improve our depth, too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun 4 Oct - 6:17:50

Kick and Hans,

there is a civil war going on within the team. The team members are acting passively / indifferent to the situation. They have given up.

He cant tinker with major changes, as those who are under fire remain his allies. He risks a complete meltdown. Cesc is an ally, Iva too.

First things first, the bleeding has to stop, then the corrections can be made. There is no reason why those so called professionals are losing to second tier teams.

Now's not the time to play RLC, or Baba and those youngsters. But if Mourinho's Chelsea survives this slump, he will never forget what happened, and there will be major changes happening.

Two quick Fixes:

1) Change the Manager, players win until next fall down with the manager
2) Club Hierarchy steps in, tells the manager, you have our backing, and light a fire under the Players.

Both will wield some immediate results. If it were to me, I would pick up the latter option though as it yields better results in the future.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun 4 Oct - 8:15:30

Kick wrote:

I think so too. At this point in time, I doubt the board would care too much about how much they'll have to pay
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 4 Oct - 8:37:54

Soul wrote:
Kick wrote:

I think so too. At this point in time, I doubt the board would care too much about how much they'll have to pay

#PogbaConfirmed ??
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun 4 Oct - 9:03:44

I thought Jose was most adored manager by players the way he defends them hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun 4 Oct - 10:19:08

Kick wrote:
Soul wrote:
Kick wrote:

#PogbaConfirmed ??

you know it Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun 4 Oct - 17:11:20

I'm still backing Jose mourinho, i don't want to change managers, I'd rather change players.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun 4 Oct - 17:49:11

Save us Laporte
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon 5 Oct - 3:37:16

Uncanny wrote:I'm still backing Jose mourinho, i don't want to change managers, I'd rather change players.

should we buy Torres back? Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next