junkyard
Pedram
DeletedUser#1
M99
Nishankly
60 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:25 am

Absolutely *bleep* embarrassing

*bleep* you Hans and your German *bleep* manager. And *bleep* Bruce Arena for not managing to even draw against *bleep* Trinidad and Tobago

Salt is high and I'm not ashamed to admit that

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:53 pm

I have zero issues with us getting eliminated. It's no less than we deserve. Taylor Twellman was on point last night. Too much arrogance and complacency from USSF. Blow the whole damn thing up and start over. Gulati needs to go definitely, MLS are complicit as well for not making this league competitive enough. I blame Gulati more than any single person for what happened. He picked Klinsmann, he picked Arena, he backed Garber's silly stance against Pro/Rel in MLS. This is all on him.

And the worst thing? We're stuck with him still for the foreseeable future unless he resigns, which I doubt he will.

This is our Germany moment, but I have no confidence that USSF will do what the DFB did.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:01 pm

So is the Netherlands 100% out? That's rather sad , worse than usa being out
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Wow @ US.... all the talk about developing soccer all the time Very Happy Its really a big blow.

Read something about Panama vs US though that a few years ago US scored two injury time goals to get into the WC which meant Panama missed out, amazing...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Lmao the post day drama.

Falcao has been caught on camera convincing the Peruvians to settle for a 1-1, kicking Chile out.

Also the Venezuelan coach has publicly denounced Paraguay for "filling the hotel with Paraguayan women to tire our players on the night before" Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Falcao teaching the peruvian players math Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/typowaseriea/videos/1217099398395199/
(I don't know how to embed the video)
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:What a goal from @Doc ffs. Tim Howard should be saving that however.

It was an absolute stunner from like 35 yards out. I threw my beer all over the place...so did everyone else in the stadium. Of course, we had more beers ready to fill the void. Upon watching highlights, yeah Timmy Tim Tim did absolute nonsense for both goals.

Got up this morning feeling rejuvenated to read salty ass USAMNT fans' comments.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:59 pm

McLewis wrote:I have zero issues with us getting eliminated. It's no less than we deserve. Taylor Twellman was on point last night. Too much arrogance and complacency from USSF. Blow the whole damn thing up and start over. Gulati needs to go definitely, MLS are complicit as well for not making this league competitive enough. I blame Gulati more than any single person for what happened. He picked Klinsmann, he picked Arena, he backed Garber's silly stance against Pro/Rel in MLS. This is all on him.

And the worst thing? We're stuck with him still for the foreseeable future unless he resigns, which I doubt he will.

This is our Germany moment, but I have no confidence that USSF will do what the DFB did.

I'm not a huge fan of Twellman (miles better than Lala's though) but his rant was absolutely on point. Passionate, decently articulated and correct. I agree with you 100% as well.

I don't think any change will happen though. I don't think the passion, the investment in time and money to do it right is there. Germany? Certainly. They can band together and make the changes needed because they've got the culture and the history and they know what direction they were headed in was good enough.

Here? Only passionate football fans will see to it there is that kind of change and they aren't in large numbers. The national outrage won't be anything near what it would be in other countries.

Essentially: I don't see anyone holding the USSF accountable like people in Germany would if things weren't heading in the right direction.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm here for you doc Proud

More salty atm than if someone insulted Harry Kane's wife and called him and Eriksen shite players
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Would it be a bad thing to merge the Asia and Oceania rofl region and award five direct spots to the combined region. hmm
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:27 pm

You're actually pretty docile in comparison to a lot of folks on the net particularly Soccernet. Truthfully, I kinda knew USA were in trouble when they not only brought back Arena but also giving DeMarcus Beasley minutes. Of course, I figured despite all that, the US would have eventually got their act together but it turns out they didn't. At all.

It would be hella interesting to see where the USSF goes after this.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:50 pm

CBarca wrote:I'm here for you doc Proud

More salty atm than if someone insulted Harry Kane's wife and called him and Eriksen shite players

No one would ever call Kane a Shite player.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Very different than Germany... US has no legacy of success or the solid league foundations of Bundi and Bundi 2. The only thing Germany had to do was change the focus and style of its development and youth leagues all the way up (very tough in itself).

In the US, the entire youth development system is absolutely garbage. I know because my little nephew is in the LA Galaxy system... and the parents run the show. It has nothing to do with performance or merit. It's all about giving every kid a chance regardless of ability and catering to the parents. The training systems are utter garbage as well.

I want to call it amateurish... but that would be insulting to amateurs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 pm

@USA

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion - Page 28 HHdKE9a
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Fun fact:

If Chile had not complained to FIFA about Bolivia fielding an ineligible player against them, they would be in the playoff and Peru would be eliminated Laughing

But hey, I'm not complaining. We missed France 98 to Chile thanks to GD, and now they lost out on Russia for the same thing. It just feels amazing.

Might i also add that while i am happy we will be playing the playoff i'm disappointed we did not go for the win but i could understand why we didnt. Given the results, had we won we wouldve qualified and Colombia would be in the playoff. Then again, Peru were not playing well so i'm sure a straight counter from Colombia would've resulted in our elimination. We made a peace treaty at the end of the game Laughing
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:28 pm

USA had this coming after sacking Klinsmann and hiring a manager called 'Bruce Arena' rofl

What a joke. Pulisic doesn't deserve this.

Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, Trinidoc and Tobacco. Iran would top this group so hard ffs.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:30 pm

rincon wrote:Falcao teaching the peruvian players math Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/typowaseriea/videos/1217099398395199/
(I don't know how to embed the video)

What a legend

smart thinking tbh. Win win for both
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:USA had this coming after sacking Klinsmann and hiring a manager called 'Bruce Arena' rofl

Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, Trinidoc and Tobacco. Iran would top this group so hard ffs.

North Korea would probably qualify in this group ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:44 am

RealGunner wrote:USA had this coming after sacking Klinsmann and hiring a manager called 'Bruce Arena' rofl

Bruce Arena rofl

Sounds like Steve Bruce bought the Aston Viilla stadium naming rights rofl

This WC is gonna be a wildcard, dont underestimate Iran or Egypt, both can knock any of the big dogs out on their day.

Belgium is gonna crash out in the groups, imagine not calling Nainggolan rofl , Martinez's coaching career should be over after this.

Portugal will depend if Cristiano gets his tactics right

Kane will score like 5 against Saudi and the media will completely obliterate satellite TV, then crash out to Colombia with 1 touch and radio silence

Rest is up in the air
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 am

Lmao.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Fun fact:

If Chile had not complained to FIFA about Bolivia fielding an ineligible player against them, they would be in the playoff and Peru would be eliminated Laughing

But hey, I'm not complaining. We missed France 98 to Chile thanks to GD, and now they lost out on Russia for the same thing. It just feels amazing.

Might i also add that while i am happy we will be playing the playoff i'm disappointed we did not go for the win but i could understand why we didnt. Given the results, had we won we wouldve qualified and Colombia would be in the playoff. Then again, Peru were not playing well so i'm sure a straight counter from Colombia would've resulted in our elimination. We made a peace treaty at the end of the game Laughing
Who are your key players? I took a quick look at the squad and there wasn't any names that I recognized. Pretty young team, mostly in their 20s; would be great if the players develop along the way.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:16 pm

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers Discussion - Page 28 DMVs12SXUAEqrhE
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Good draw. We should be able to beat Ireland.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Get the feeling Italy will choke
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Not only were we in the group of death but we now get Italy in the play offs Laughing time for Ibra to come out of retirement imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:57 pm

If Italy is that ''' admired ''' in September, it will be knocked out.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next