Carpi-the talk of the Football Show on Sirius

+4
Vibe
rwo power
Robespierre
breva
8 posters

Go down

Carpi-the talk of the Football Show on Sirius Empty Carpi-the talk of the Football Show on Sirius

Post by breva Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 am

I listen to the Football Show on Sirius. They have been talking about this club called Carpi that is leading the Italian second division (Serie B) and could be promoted to Serie A next year. The town is very small and the stadium is tiny (4,000 people capacity) and one of the owners of a Serie A team was recorded saying that if a team like Carpi is promoted, Serie A will be reduced even more than it is already. I think it is great to see a little team promoted. What do you folks think?
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Carpi-the talk of the Football Show on Sirius Empty Re: Carpi-the talk of the Football Show on Sirius

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:13 am

Carpi is small ( 70'000 inhabitans) but anyway it would not be  the smallest city in Serie A. Empoli is even 50' 000  (but it 's close Florence ) , Siena was also smallest than it.
Ascoli was too ,but at least Ascoli ( where Hugo  played , the Maradona's scrub brother  ) had an excellent tradition in 80's

Yep  the reason about the tiny stadium is because they never had a football tradition .
Their dimension was always the Serie C - Serie D ( 3rd-4th Italian division)

Even the Serie B  looked like an event , got 2 years ago.
This exploit is extending because after Serie B promotion they are getting even the Serie A
It's not first time happens in Serie A ,recently Modena,Como ,Cesena,Novara got double promotion in a row.

The Serie A owner to say this was Lotito , Lazio president.
It was an embarassing thing because Lotito is FIGC president , and it feed plots about Capri won't get promoted at the end because FIGC doesn't want it ( not justified, I remind Carpi won against Spezia recently for a doubtful penalty kick )

Lotito is worried because Carpi has fan just in Carpi and so ti has  a very limited customer base
and who will watch Chievo - Carpi ? Who cares Carpi? This is his mind basically

tbh ,  d I am not still used to Chievo in Serie A Laughing , let alone if I can care about Chievo  - Carpi
... but anyway I am a fan and I can think it

a Serie A president, and expecially a FIGC vice president can't say it, because if the small Carpi deserves to be promoted,just the field counts

At the beginning of the year I didn't want they got promoted because their coach is a scumbag ,
Spoiler:
but I'm following Serie B and well they are really deserving it so it's okay for me .
I think it  for the football showed ... for the rest about the  the fact to watch a little team promoted I don't care much tbh

Last edited by Robespierre on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Carpi-the talk of the Football Show on Sirius Empty Re: Carpi-the talk of the Football Show on Sirius

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:13 am

Wouldn't they be forced to play in a bigger stadium?

In the Bundesliga there are certain demands on a club to be allowed to play in the Bundesliga, 2nd Bundesliga and 3rd Liga, respectively. So a stadium for BL and 2nd BL needs to have at least a capacity of 15.000, while a 3rd Liga stadium needs to have at least a capacity of 10.000 visitors.

Don't you have something similar in Italy?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:22 am

rwo power wrote:Wouldn't they be forced to play in a bigger stadium?

In the Bundesliga there are certain demands on a club to be allowed to play in the Bundesliga, 2nd Bundesliga and 3rd Liga, respectively. So a stadium for BL and 2nd BL needs to have at least a capacity of 15.000, while a 3rd Liga stadium needs to have at least a capacity of 10.000 visitors.

Don't you have something similar in Italy?

Yes , they will be obliged to expand their stadium at Carpi if they want to play Serie A in Carpi ( I am even surprised about  it was rated suitable for Serie B with just 4'000 , I remind Castel di Sangro in 90's expanded its stadium for Serie B to 7'000  . and Carpi compared to Castel Di Sangro looks like a big city! ffs  Laughing )

I think they will play the first period in Parma ( it is close Parma ) .

Last edited by Robespierre on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:23 am

By the way, Hoffenheim in Germany is the smallest village in the Bundesliga - Hoffenheim only has 3263 inhabitants and actually belongs to Sinsheim that is not exactly big either with 34 600 people living there altogether. Their stadium has 30 000 capacity though and was specifically built in 2009 when TSG 1899 Hoffenheim got into the Bundesliga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoffenheim
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_1899_Hoffenheim

Last edited by rwo power on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:29 am

I don't care if they had a stadium of 100 seats,if they played their way to Serie A they fully deserve it and no one should be able to take it away.

Also WTF,had no idea about Hoffenheim Shocked
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:35 am

Vibe wrote:Also WTF,had no idea about Hoffenheim Shocked
That's why many people call Hoffenheim a "village club" XD

Well, I guess the VIPs woulds complain if they don't get proper VIP catering etc, so I assume there will be certain demands for a top flight club in Italy, too...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:25 am

I just started playing with them on FM14 Very Happy Laughing
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:55 am

Well, Robes's post explained it pretty well, as usual Proud

I hope they do get promoted, underdogs succeeding in sports is a positive thing.

Also, rather stupid of that Lazio president it would be bad for Serie A if Capri got promoted. There is no other measurement on who should be in the top division but football merit. Any club who win promotion after a long season deserves it, they will have done it by being better than the rest.

rwo power wrote:By the way, Hoffenheim in Germany is the smallest village in the Bundesliga - Hoffenheim only has 3263 inhabitants and actually belongs to Sinsheim that is not exactly big either with 34 600 people living there altogether. Their stadium has 30 000 capacity though and was specifically built in 2009 when TSG 1899 Hoffenheim got into the Bundesliga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoffenheim
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_1899_Hoffenheim

Whadda hell, how can they build a 30k stadium for a club that's from a 30k-40k town? Is the wider catchment area big enough to fill the seats?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:42 am

Whadda hell, how can they build a 30k stadium for a club that's from a 30k-40k town? Is the wider catchment area big enough to fill the seats?
This...

Also, how did they manage/finance the building of the new stadium? I mean with the support base so small, their finances are also restricted.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:48 am

isn't this somewhat the same problem Eibar (from la liga) is currently facing??
like they have a small population but are being forced to expand their stadium to a stupid number?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:48 am

Art Morte wrote:Whadda hell, how can they build a 30k stadium for a club that's from a 30k-40k town? Is the wider catchment area big enough to fill the seats?
Well, that's why Hoffenheim is widely criticized in the BL as one of the plastic clubs - they are the pet project of Dietmar Hopp (who was born in Hoffenheim and played for the club in the youth).

He put a lot of money into Hoffenheim and paid for the stadium as well. As he supported the club for many years now, Hopp will be allowed to get the majority in the club come July 2015 and thus he will not be bound by the 50+1 rule anymore.

In Season 2013/14, Hoffenheim's average audience was 26 907 per home match, so they actually manage to fill their stadium up to 90 percent of its capacity.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down