Casciavit
djfawnz
Kaladin
dostoevsky
11 posters

Go down

AC Milan vs Hellas Verona Empty AC Milan vs Hellas Verona

Post by dostoevsky Sat 07 Mar 2015, 13:33

Is this the straw that breaks the camel's back? If you were playing for your job, there aren't too many other sides in Serie A you'd prefer to face right now than Hellas, yet even now there are doubts. We're short of both Montolivo and De Jong, the foundations of our side, and failed to score a single goal last week against Hellas' equally dire city rivals. Verona will most likely park the bus and look to hit us on the break, robbing us of the space in behind that is the lifeblood of our often inspired, directionless attack. They will be emboldened by our poor form and confident that they can secure a precious point on the road, though with Toni's penchant for making our central defenders look like school children, they may well do even better.

Abate finally returns to the matchday squad but will likely be eased back in slowly after an injury ridden season to date. In the absence of our midfield lynchpins, Essien and Van Ginkel are our only remaining options in front of the defence, with Inzaghi likely to put his trust in the experience - all 300 years of it - of Michael Essien. There has been speculation that our diamond will be cast aside in order to make way for Cerci, with Menez pushing out to the left whilst Destro should retain his place in the line up.

AC Milan Squad: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Gori, Abate, Albertazzi, Antonelli, Bocchetti, Bonera, Mexes, Paletta, Essien, Mastalli, Muntari, Poli, Suso, Van Ginkel, Bonaventura, Cerci, Destro, Honda, Menez, Pazzini

Last week's match with Chievo was an eyesore. This may just outdo it. Drink plenty of caffeine before the game, you'll need it to stay awake.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

AC Milan vs Hellas Verona Empty Re: AC Milan vs Hellas Verona

Post by Kaladin Sat 07 Mar 2015, 13:41

dostoevsky wrote: with Inzaghi likely to put his trust in the experience - all 300 years of it - of Michael Essien.

LMFAO rofl

Fun fact: Abate is a the top of our assist charts with 5 assists

Anyways, hopefully he can recover before we face ACF Salah, i shudder to think what would happen if we fielded Bonera in that game lol

According to Twitter reports, players are frustrated that Menez has gained the 'undroppable' status, they expect Pippo to bench him for this game. Its a do or die game for Inzaghi so we'll have to see what he does.

Hopefully this match isn't as mundane as last week's, though, i keep saying that every week and get contradicted when game time comes lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat 07 Mar 2015, 21:25

No comments on this game? Is Inzaghi out?
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat 07 Mar 2015, 22:26

Menez is incredibly selfish. Makes Taarabt look like Xavi.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat 07 Mar 2015, 22:35

When you see a Milan side using wasting time tactics in a corner opportunity on the 83rd minute against Hellas Verona.....well.......
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 07 Mar 2015, 22:48

Wow...just wow

Sure try to go all out defence FOR THAT LONG, no way it can backfire...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat 07 Mar 2015, 22:57

I don't think any fanbase had to suffer both the decline of their club, as well as the sacrifice of their legends as the coach the sinking ship we call a team.

In Milan, we have seen three legends crucified in the coach's toxic bench. First, we saw Leo come and go. Then, Seedorf was promptly impaled. And now, we see Inzaghi being done for as well.

In my opinion, all three were woefully under-experienced to handle a club in disaster. We need a disaster coach or a caretaker such as Ranieri.

However, coaching is not our worst problem. We are a club in turmoil from top to bottom. From our upper management, to our transfer advisers. From our medical staff, to our merchandisers.

We are the worst-run club in Italy.

So, RIP Inzaghi. I am sure we all had this unreasonable dream that Milan might find its way with a legend on the helm.

However, Milan won't find its way ever when its management's head is lost so far up their own ass.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 07 Mar 2015, 23:06

Between the devil and the deep blue sea
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat 07 Mar 2015, 23:08

Muntari; this sums up the current state of Milan.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 08 Mar 2015, 04:04

wasnt even mad at 2-2

totally expected it
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun 08 Mar 2015, 04:20

So predictable tbh Mad
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 08 Mar 2015, 13:33

Ganso wrote:wasnt even mad at 2-2

totally expected it

I will write up a proper report tomorrow when I have time but this sums up my thoughts pretty well. I've never cared so little about a last minute equaliser, it was a deserved result of our approach in the closing stages.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon 09 Mar 2015, 13:26

Cowardice begets mediocrity. Our performance represented an improvement on last week's display in parts due to an increase in intensity however we predictably struggled to break down a side who chose to sit deep before capitulating as the result of a misguided, gutless decision from Inzaghi.

The absence of both Montolivo and De Jong was always going to present problems but the uncertainty concerning who might step into their shoes spoke volumes concerning our squad management. Muntari was asked to play an anchor role he is ill suited to however this decision alone must be considered in light of the roles played by Poli and Bonaventura beside him. Poli often dropped deep to pick up the ball and provide an alternative route out of defence, a role he played adequately, however Jack was forced to push up as an auxiliary winger due to Menez adopting central positions throughout which left us stretched in midfield when defending against the counter. Hellas exploited the channel between Antonelli and Mexes throughout the first half, with Jankovic's movement allowing Hellas to push a midfielder up into the vacant space. This dragged Muntari across who had simply too large an area to manage. I am not seeking to excuse him from giving away the penalty as that was an individual error, a poorly timed and essentially unnecessary challenge, but in general play he was given too much responsibility both on and off the ball when Inzaghi should have been looking to make his job as simple as possible.  

Our goals were about as ugly as you can get, a penalty and a scrappy set piece, but a goal is a goal. It's important to be able to win ugly, however our issue is that it's the only way we can get points right now. We did create a few nice openings at time, almost entirely from wide positions from which Pazzini should have at least fashioned a shot from but it is clear that we lack the fluidity of so many sides in Italy. We have certainly not been aided by Inzaghi's selection policy that has allowed no combination any time to settle and gain confidence.

Despite this, having gained the lead, we looked capable if not certain of holding out for a win. Hellas certainly threatened despite not initially reacting to falling behind but they began to open up, allowing us opportunities on the counter. The worst possible thing we could have done was to shrink back into our shell, surrender the initiative and invite pressure. That we began time wasting from an early stage was maddening enough but to attempt to simply wait out the match was a disgrace for which we were justly punished.

I can not even describe Inzaghi's actions as a defensive substitution. A defensive substitution would have addressed some tactical concern in order to make us more defensively solid. What Inzaghi did instead was to make us more vulnerable by removing our reference point up front, introducing a central defender up front and pushing a fullback into a midfield that was already rendered unstable by injuries. We surrendered the capacity to lock Verona in their own half, we surrendered the capacity to win first and second balls up front, we surrendered the capacity to hit them on the break but most of all we surrendered mentally. We invited Hellas back into the game and told them to come and claim a point. This, a side that have been one of Italy's least impressive in 2015, would spend the last twenty minutes of the match besieging us.

That we conceded from another individual error is essentially irrelevant. Bocchetti was drawn to a ball he had no business in contesting as Mexes was present. All he should have been worried about was watching the run of Nico Lopez in behind in the event that the aerial contest was lost. It is ironic that in attempting to add solidity at the back, Inzaghi pushed a natural left back in Antonelli out of defence in favour of a central defender despite the fact that we nearly threw away another point against Hellas earlier in the year as a result of Lopez's impact as a late substitute, with his driving runs from out wide wreaking havoc. It was a lesson that Inzaghi failed to learn from.

We collapsed because we were set up to. We should never have been in that situation in the first place. What infuriates me most though is Inzaghi's insistence that had the game ended 10 seconds earlier, it would have been a good substitution. The impact of an alteration, whether tactical or in terms of personnel, is judged by whether it allows the team to improve within the game or not. The actual result itself is out of the hands of the manager. He can not take a shot nor make a tackle. Any fool can secure a 'result' but to change a match, that takes insight. Inzaghi's focus on the result has become poisonous and it is sapping his courage. If any top manger witnessed that game, whether they had won or drawn, they would have savaged their team. They would have recognised that the performance was inadequate and that they had to improve. All ours can do is muse about ten little seconds. I for one cannot begrudge Hellas their point, for ten seconds or an eternity. Our decision to shut up shop deserved to be punished and their late equaliser was a fitting outcome.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 09 Mar 2015, 20:32

dostoevsky wrote:Cowardice begets mediocrity. Our performance represented an improvement on last week's display in parts due to an increase in intensity however we predictably struggled to break down a side who chose to sit deep before capitulating as the result of a misguided, gutless decision from Inzaghi.

The absence of both Montolivo and De Jong was always going to present problems but the uncertainty concerning who might step into their shoes spoke volumes concerning our squad management. Muntari was asked to play an anchor role he is ill suited to however this decision alone must be considered in light of the roles played by Poli and Bonaventura beside him. Poli often dropped deep to pick up the ball and provide an alternative route out of defence, a role he played adequately, however Jack was forced to push up as an auxiliary winger due to Menez adopting central positions throughout which left us stretched in midfield when defending against the counter. Hellas exploited the channel between Antonelli and Mexes throughout the first half, with Jankovic's movement allowing Hellas to push a midfielder up into the vacant space. This dragged Muntari across who had simply too large an area to manage. I am not seeking to excuse him from giving away the penalty as that was an individual error, a poorly timed and essentially unnecessary challenge, but in general play he was given too much responsibility both on and off the ball when Inzaghi should have been looking to make his job as simple as possible.  

Our goals were about as ugly as you can get, a penalty and a scrappy set piece, but a goal is a goal. It's important to be able to win ugly, however our issue is that it's the only way we can get points right now. We did create a few nice openings at time, almost entirely from wide positions from which Pazzini should have at least fashioned a shot from but it is clear that we lack the fluidity of so many sides in Italy. We have certainly not been aided by Inzaghi's selection policy that has allowed no combination any time to settle and gain confidence.

Despite this, having gained the lead, we looked capable if not certain of holding out for a win. Hellas certainly threatened despite not initially reacting to falling behind but they began to open up, allowing us opportunities on the counter. The worst possible thing we could have done was to shrink back into our shell, surrender the initiative and invite pressure. That we began time wasting from an early stage was maddening enough but to attempt to simply wait out the match was a disgrace for which we were justly punished.

I can not even describe Inzaghi's actions as a defensive substitution. A defensive substitution would have addressed some tactical concern in order to make us more defensively solid. What Inzaghi did instead was to make us more vulnerable by removing our reference point up front, introducing a central defender up front and pushing a fullback into a midfield that was already rendered unstable by injuries. We surrendered the capacity to lock Verona in their own half, we surrendered the capacity to win first and second balls up front, we surrendered the capacity to hit them on the break but most of all we surrendered mentally. We invited Hellas back into the game and told them to come and claim a point. This, a side that have been one of Italy's least impressive in 2015, would spend the last twenty minutes of the match besieging us.

That we conceded from another individual error is essentially irrelevant. Bocchetti was drawn to a ball he had no business in contesting as Mexes was present. All he should have been worried about was watching the run of Nico Lopez in behind in the event that the aerial contest was lost. It is ironic that in attempting to add solidity at the back, Inzaghi pushed a natural left back in Antonelli out of defence in favour of a central defender despite the fact that we nearly threw away another point against Hellas earlier in the year as a result of Lopez's impact as a late substitute, with his driving runs from out wide wreaking havoc. It was a lesson that Inzaghi failed to learn from.

We collapsed because we were set up to. We should never have been in that situation in the first place. What infuriates me most though is Inzaghi's insistence that had the game ended 10 seconds earlier, it would have been a good substitution. The impact of an alteration, whether tactical or in terms of personnel, is judged by whether it allows the team to improve within the game or not. The actual result itself is out of the hands of the manager. He can not take a shot nor make a tackle. Any fool can secure a 'result' but to change a match, that takes insight. Inzaghi's focus on the result has become poisonous and it is sapping his courage. If any top manger witnessed that game, whether they had won or drawn, they would have savaged their team. They would have recognised that the performance was inadequate and that they had to improve. All ours can do is muse about ten little seconds. I for one cannot begrudge Hellas their point, for ten seconds or an eternity. Our decision to shut up shop deserved to be punished and their late equaliser was a fitting outcome.

AC Milan vs Hellas Verona Sarcastic-clapping-ryan-gosling

Haven't seen shocking decision making since Seedorf's Abate on the wing tactic, even before then, at least Allegri's subs contained a modicum of sense. Antonelli was basically a CF in the last 1/3 of the game, i'd like to add that by subbing on Bocc for Pazzo, he not only invited Hellas to our half, but also disturbed the balance of our defense (if there was one lol) Lopez should never have had that chance, much like you said.

Thank goodness, i don't drink alcohol, otherwise my liver would concede Cirrhosis
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:45

I saw the game , except the final 2 minutes. The stream crashed , it was 2-1 .. I thought it was over and didn't bother to open it again . "at least we won"

*checks fb*

AC Milan vs Hellas Verona Jack-Nicholson
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed 11 Mar 2015, 00:44

I don't get it though, didnt he sub in Destro? Pazzini was bound to leave as there were 2 CFs on the field and Milan doesn't play 4-4-2 with 2 poachers up front (in reality it is kinda hard finding a team playing like that nowadays)
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed 11 Mar 2015, 05:18

Hmm I think Gatusso would be a good coach until June. At least he would whoop their asses Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 11 Mar 2015, 06:18

djfawnz wrote:I don't get it though, didnt he sub in Destro? Pazzini was bound to leave as there were 2 CFs on the field and Milan doesn't play 4-4-2 with 2 poachers up front (in reality it is kinda hard finding a team playing like that nowadays)

He subbed in Destro for Menez in the 91st minute to try and waste time. Laughing Pazzini was replaced in the 77th minute by Bocchetti.

DeviAngel wrote:Hmm I think Gatusso would be a good coach until June. At least he would whoop their asses Very Happy

He hasn't lasted at any team as a manager yet. Milan don't need a former player finding their feet, we need an actual manager.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 11 Mar 2015, 06:19

Dante wrote:I saw the game , except the final 2 minutes. The stream crashed , it was 2-1 .. I thought it was over and didn't bother to open it again . "at least we won"

*checks fb*

AC Milan vs Hellas Verona Jack-Nicholson

Laughing

It's nice that at least you still feel strongly enough to react that way. I've become numb to disappointment. Largely because I expect it. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed 11 Mar 2015, 15:07

Sigh , i should have expected it too . What was i thinking Laughing

I am almost out of words really. So many things i can't stand anymore , particularly from Inzaghi . Like , why start Pazzini ? Dude couldn't even controll the ball at certain occasions , at one point he miss calculated and shot the air , ball hitting his leg. He can't play with his back , he's not physicaly or mentaly strong to battle it out for goals and he is , for a long time now , quite nervous near/inside the penalty area. I mean , what kind of coach has Destro in his team and chooses Pazzini , in this state , over him ? Never even mention when he substituted him in.

Menez quite bad for another game. I'm not sure even Bonera or Muntari has irritated me so much by doing things. I think he is an idiot. That's honestly what i think of him . So many times he could just have passed it near him and just maybe something would have come of it... but no. Always going solo . Over confidence? Disbelief in teammates? Idiocy? Sporting egotism ? Self-obsessed? I think all of them together . And even the penalty was really poorly executed. Pure luck it was that it got in. What was that now , 6th penalty he scored? Even Pazzini would be our first scorer if the coach gave him all the penos. Take out the penos , add in his performances which by now well outweight his good ones , and what do you have? A selfish wannabe-Primadona in a midtable team full of mediocrity.
Success stahry , Pippo you beauty where did you find him Proud

I won't even comment on how he chose to defend for that long after the -imho- , pretty lucky lead by Mexes . You made an excellent synopsis of the game anyway . The saddest part of all , a summary of the entire season so far , it's the fact , the undeniable facht , we deserve our position 100% . Totally . Irreversibly.

I used to hope at least for Europa League . What the hell , at least we would go places , it would be something. Again , what was i thinking Laughing .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down