McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 22 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:33 am

Yea the pink letter just got legit.

However it still doesn't mean anything. We 90% know Mance wrote it.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 22 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:12 am

Just remembered. What happened to Doran's speech? Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:30 am

The aftermath of this finale has me 70% convinced that Jon is dead for real, so many book readers refuse to believe it though and are complete shook that there was no warging and shit to at least hint at his survival.

The thing is Jon is dead, and if he does come back then it will be by resurrection, which is known to take a piece of something from the resurrectee. So if Jon isn't dead now, he certainly will be by the end, his fate is sealed.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:09 am

Well ADWD is officially as ruined as it could possible get. Just terrible luck for me with this book. Everything got spoiled for me, I literally mean everything. Oh well.

I vow to finish TWOW within 48 hours after the release. Gonna spoil a lot of people, vengeance is a dish served cold as *bleep*.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 am

I personally found the For The Watch scene brilliant. Nearly cried even though I knew what would happen. And it's obvious Mel is resurrecting Jon. In the books he is going to warg to Ghost for a while but not in the show.

Glad they killed Stannis, like I said they slaughtered the character any way. No more trueborn Barratheons left in the show. And Gendry probably drowned any way.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:28 pm

The execution of the scene itself I thought was incredibly powerful. Drawing both him and the audience in with the tale of Benjen only to see the traitor sign. I feel that it lost something in that it wasn't explicitly provoked by a declaration by Jon but it was well done in its own way.

I feel like Stannis is alive. It seemed almost like a shout out to the cliff hanger Brienne herself has in the books. We will only be able to guess for a long time but it would be a cheap trick to kill him off screen having built up the idea of Brienne getting her revenge. As a story centred around her, it can only gain closure for the audience if she is seen to kill him. Hiding the outcome focuses not on her determination but her hesitation about whether this is the right path for her and giving that emphasis only makes sense if she spares him.

Then again, the writers hate Stannis so they could just be spitting on him even in death.

I wonder what's going to happen with all the troops wandering around the north now or if the show will just pretend that they vanished into thin air. hmm

Also do people think Myrcella's death may be a hint that she was actually killed by Darkstar and that her double remains? I do think of the show and books as entirely different entities but the thought did pop into my mind.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:32 pm

My Roman history is showing here, but I very much likened that Jon Snow scene to how it must've been for Julius Caesar. Went almost exactly the same way....although they surrounded him and stabbed him instead of just taking turns like these guys did. I'm sure GRRM found some inspiration from the Ides of March for that scene. I won't be convinced otherwise Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:52 pm

It felt even worse while watching it. Jon Sad

+1 M99

Stannis was a joke in the show. However they can twist the events next season

Imagine just as Brienne is about to strike, Lady stoneheart appears out of nowhere and stops her? that will kick start S6 nicely.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Thoughts on Varys?

He didn't end up killing Kevan and is at Mereen so I assume Kevan either dies by the hand of Robert strong or he doesn't die

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thoughts on Varys?

He didn't end up killing Kevan and is at Mereen so I assume Kevan either dies by the hand of Robert strong or he doesn't die

The show not the book with grey characters. Every character is either black or white. Varys is very much white in the show. In the books he did not give a f about Tyrion, he only saved him because Jaime literally put a knife on his throat. In the show he is a good guy, a true friend to Tyrion and they will never have him coldly murder someone just to throw the realm to chaos. I can see Littlefinger doing it for Sansa next season but Varys is not murdering any one.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Yep, agreed.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:20 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/39wt32/spoilers_all_relax_the_upcoming_battle_in_twow/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Funnily, was just reading that.

And it makes a lot of sense too

Stannis won't lose the battle as badly if at all. The outcome will be completely different. But I do think Stannis in the end will end up with nothing.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:28 pm

I am still not sure. Roose is cunning as hell, he is not going to sit around and wait from Northerners to betray him. I fully expect Stannis to crush the Freys but I don't know if he is beating the Boltons overall. To have the Battle Of Ice and do a complete opposite outcome in the show seems unlikely.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:28 pm

Varys has different motivations in the books which makes him more interesting but ATLEAST he's fun on screen. Idgaf.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 pm

So what kind of theories do the show watchers actually understand?

I don't think they have any idea about most of them and discussing them there would be meaningless with the amount of information we have in the books which aren't in the show.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:50 pm

I mentioned Arya because in ADWD her blindness is cured. That is kinda a spoiler imo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Zigra is right with his post in the other thread

Might as well keep theories here but I don't think we have to be as strict over there anymore
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Yeah exactly what I meant, even our "spoilers" are mild, we don't know who dies (apart from King Balon, bless him) we don't know who sits in the Iron Thorne next etc... all we know is some mild spoilers like Margaery getting released, Arya vision returning etc...

It's not like any of us have spoiled anything, I talk with my brother about GoT almost every day and I have never been unintentinally spoiled him and that's speaking directly and not behind a keyboard.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:40 pm

We know the glorious winner of the war of the five kings will die. We know Kevan will die. We know Arya will regain her sight. We know Euron has a horn which likely can be used to bind dragons. We know Bran can time travel (sort of). We know Theon&Sansa will survive the jump (most people expect it, but it's actually a cliffhanger). We know the two chained dragons will get released.
That's just from the top of my head.
Of course we don't know if that will happen in the show aswell. But people were not even sure if ftw will happen. So far it's stuff we know and can expect to happen.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Oh and I fully expect TWOW to be out by Feb/March next year before S6

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 pm

The fricking show loves to have those 'WOW' factor moments. So why not effing include Aegon and Jon Connington? That is one hell of a WOW factor right there. Also Lady Stoneheart? Also the Queensmaker arc? I mean all of these had a wow factors to them, why not just include them since they are so much in love with making everyone shocked rather than making sure the show actually good.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Because no one in the show actually understands nor care about the past events (mainly as they don't know).

To them, Aegon is alive wouldn't mean much. To us, it was one of the biggest shocks of ADWD.

Also, sorry the show spoiled ADWD for you man. You really should have read it fast. However Jon's death is quite different in terms of context so it will still be new-ish to you
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:19 pm

No LSH was the biggest surprise for me. I mean come on. This was written for TV.
Really surprised me big time. Especially as they already had introduced the bwb and even the resurrecting.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Just watched it Proud

Excellent Proud

Great finalle imho . FTW was different to the books , but was still crazy to witness anyway , i would have preffered a little more of a build up and some more length in it overal , but other than that it was as devastating as you would expect it to be . Melisandre at the wall ... well that clears it all really Laughing . Jon will be like , " where are you coonts!? Winter Is Here "

Can't.Wait.

Selyse hanged and Stannis watching her in shock (in the Mannis way) , his army crushed , no family anymore.. damnit . Stannis... what a defeat , at least for that part. A defining day for Stannis , his world crushed , left to supposedly die alone..

Anyway , lol , as i said in a previous post of mine no matter what they show he ain't dying this season (i kinda expected some bs to go down with Stannis but i was sure he wouldn't die by Brienne) . As for Brienne , she will never kill him. Brienne is not an executioner and the show white washes her a lot anyway. No way she becomes a killer just for the sake of taking revenge , she's not really like that , killing a crushed and hopeless man after a battle , that's not really her. She may grow to regret that she didn't or whatever , but Stannis' story in the show is far from over.

That said , i didn't like the slaughter coming from the Boltons and it's obvious Littlefingah is coming to save the day . It was all shot well and i get they couldn't really have shown more of it.. But what we saw was quality, so i was ok with it. Sansa and my niqqa Theon Proud Extremely curious as to how all things North turn out from there and devastated that i have to wait yet another year for it all .

Arya scenes were simply amazing , but i feel her going blind will have confused a lot of people.. you don't actually get what's happening , or why , or how . Still doe , those were some strong scenes , it leaves you wanting more from there. Jacken cool as always , schooling Arya lad on how to be cool as fk Proud

and also...

Myrcella NO . JUST NO. I hate Oberyn's bitch and her stupid teletabies following her around . I hope Doran orders Areo Hotah to execute her and behead her , then invite Hannibal Lecter to slice her into chunks and eat her together piece by fkn piece for an entire week , then send her sry head to Quburn to animate her into some stupid ugly as fk zombie , just so Areo can behead her again ffs .  

FK THIS BTCH . Jaime mah niqqa stay strong . Myrcella loved him and that's all that matters. One day , one day.

As for Cercei , man that was terrible. Not the scenes , but the essence of it. even more traumatizing to witness than to read , the images were quite shocking , u hate her or not it was quite hard to follow her getting humiliated by every pleb in existance on her way to the Red Keep. Also , Undead Mountain , just wow , he looked almost as i expected him to be. He will rekt next season Laughing

FML , hopefully Cercei will burn them all Proud  

U don't do dis to the lions and expect to live Proud (tho it serves her well , giving such power to the fanatics) What would Tywin say for his House and descendants if he could see them today.. Lannisters got quite fkd this season , lol , but Kevan is still there , waiting to be offed.  Sad Littlefinger most likely , but you never know.. maybe it will be Margeary , who knows with the show anymore Laughing

9 /10 season , changes and what not , it was a great to watch , minute by minute , i really wish it was more , both season and the finale .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Last night's finale was terrible. Actually, I take that back - this entire season has been an absolute disaster for the series. People were mad after the Red Wedding but not only was last night hard to take, but they didn't show what happened; they just rushed through everything with cop-out "cliff-hangers" even though they had built them up all season. It was terrible storytelling. They just minimized storylines that they couldn't be arsed with purely so they could quickly kill off characters that they didn't like in order to devote more time to those that I personally don't giving a flying feck about, such as Cersei and Dany.

For example, where are the Greyjoys?? And Stannis? They have taken a character with depth and IMO the best storyline currently going on in the series and minimized his entire military campaign to the point that he comes across as a pure-evil villain, who accepts failure passively and couldn't lead a successful takeover of a school playground let alone Westeros. He went from a contender for the throne to a laughing stock who goes out without a wimper in 5 minutes last night. He pretty much has to still be alive at least, or that is hands down the worst cop-out ending to a character's arc that they ever could have come up with.

What I'm HOPING happens is him and Brienne run into Sansa and Theon, go back to Castle Black to revive Jon with a Theon sacrifice, and then somehow find a way to overcome the immense odds against them to save the day, perhaps by rallying the North around Sansa and Jon.

I understand that they could never capture a realistic representation of the series on TV in its entirety, but they absolutely strangled all that was good out of the content that was available to them throughout this season. Okay I'm done /endrant
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next