Dante
mr-r34
BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
farfan
Bellabong
12 posters

Go down

Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one Empty Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one

Post by Bellabong Tue 11 Nov 2014, 21:59

The first disappointment was the realization just how corrupt FIFA is. When you take a look at the other 2022 bids there is just no way corrruption free reason for Qatar win the bid. Heck, the agency that FIFA hired to evaluate the bids placed Qatar lowest. Not much else to say because this disappointment because it's pretty self-explanatory.

The second disappointment came from me being a sci-fi addict. Japan had lofty technological goals for this WC and one of them was the universal translator. As a multi-cultural person (Austrian/German/Philippino/Chinese descent, born in Central America, British education) peoples ignorance of other cultures pains me. The Suarez/Evra incident is the most prominent example in the footballing world. Ignore that Suarez *bleep* up his reputation in other ways but a great footballers reputation was stained and falsely labelled a racist just because of cultural ignorance so anything that can promote inter-cultural communication like a universal translator would have been awesome and something something world peace.

The other major technical innovation and what leads to the third disappointment was the 3D holoprojection Japan had pledged to develop. While large scale holoprojection isn't new (see Hatsune Miku) can you imagine being able to go to the Bernabaeu or Allianz Arena or Wembley and watching the the football match in Holographic 3D taking place in another stadium? Watch el clasico in Wembley or the Macarana; the possibilities are endless in football alone. But they're also applicable to another passion of mine and that's esports. Esports are starting to take off in the west - just look at the growth of the LoL world championship and the final arenas of the 3 biggest titles: (click for larger size)

Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one KxjQWWil
Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one Dk6oohfl

Can you imagine watching video game competitions of the actual game on such a large scale? Can you imagine playing FIFA/PES in an actual stadium? That would be bonkers.

Last edited by Phritz on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 05:10; edited 2 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one Empty Re: Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one

Post by farfan Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:07

they just ( co ) hosted the WC in 2002 . other countries don't deserve a chance too ?

japan had the chance to impress us all 12 yeas ago , and they ended up building crappy stadiums with running tracks .

also , *bleep* watching games at 6 am .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one Empty Re: Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one

Post by Robespierre Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:08

If it must be as 2002 , I think to prefer even Qatar.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:21

Phritz wrote:The first disappointment was the realization just how corrupt FIFA is. When you take a look at the other 2022 bids there is just no way corrruption free reason for Qatar win the bid.

No offense, but how did you make it to 24 years without realizing this already?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:31

Your going to be disappointed for a long time mate, Japan isn't even the next country in line to host the WC in the Asia/Oceania region.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:37

i would have liked to see another world cup in Japan tbh , even if it was in 2022 . 20 years may not be a huge gap in time , but something similar has been done before with Mexico.

And if there's concrete proof of said corruption , then the whole thing should be done again . If there's already proof and still nothing happens , what can i say. lel

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:39

mr-r34 wrote:Your going to be disappointed for a long time mate, Japan isn't even the next country in line to host the WC in the Asia/Oceania region.

Where can we see that , do you have a link ? Not just for Asia/Oceania , about the rest too.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 01:22

They just cohosted it like 12 years ago.

Last edited by Betty La Fea on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 02:31; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Absolutely unacceptable post. Warning level deducted by 25%.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed 12 Nov 2014, 02:04

No Japan please. 2002 is still fresh in memories. There are other countries in the world too, you know.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed 12 Nov 2014, 02:08

Sub-par electronics? hmm

Sony may have experienced a financial crisis in recent time, but their products are hardly sub-par. You seem awfully negative about Japan; what's your reason?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 02:20

Betty La Fea wrote:This sounds like crazy weaboo-ness in action.

Japan is a racist,backwards,misogynistic, and outright weird nation whose biggest cultural exports are terribly sexist animations(which funny enough are farmed out at near slave-like wages to Korean Animation studios) and subpar electronics.

what is this have to do anything with hosting WC....

ur just being hostile and racist urself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 02:22

I agree ... Japan co-hosted already. I would like to see Scandinavian countries co-host world cup, or Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 12 Nov 2014, 03:14

JespSwe wrote:I agree ... Japan co-hosted already. I would like to see Scandinavian countries co-host world cup, or Australia

Doubt it will happen. Even if all of us step together.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 03:32

Freeza wrote:
JespSwe wrote:I agree ... Japan co-hosted already. I would like to see Scandinavian countries co-host world cup, or Australia

Doubt it will happen. Even if all of us step together.

im hella surprised and disgusted that Scandinavian countries are ignored... they would make a great host for world cup.....

wouldnt be a surprise if world cup bids are rigged... how come none of the Scandinavian nations are not there...

sweden finland, denmark norway... omg i would do anything go watch the world cup there!! it would be fantastic atmosphere throughout those countries....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 03:42

farfan wrote:they just ( co ) hosted the WC in 2002 . other countries don't deserve a chance too ?

japan had the chance to impress us all 12 yeas ago , and they ended up building crappy stadiums with running tracks .

also , *bleep* watching games at 6 am .

ur right... with stadium, actually they build that stadium for all purpose, because once the world cup was over they wanted to use it to host other games as well. thats why. its been rented by clubs as well as hosts other games.

but ur right for football purpose, i dont like seeing tracks and fans being so far away from pitch. thats one area Japan and Korea got it wrong i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed 12 Nov 2014, 05:01

Think of the long term application of holographic stadiums though - Do you really think football clubs such as Real Madrid or Manchester United would pass up to opportunity to increase their match-day revenue without investing hundreds of millions in a brand new stadium for a marginal increase? Without the Japan bid clubs would have to fund and host their own installations which of course they wont. If you sell out a 60,000 seater stadium with an average ticket price of just* €50 a head that's €3M earned in a single match-day.

"Smaller" clubs could earn the benefit of a having a larger stadium without the complications of building a new Stadium. So could clubs with small stadia but are popular internationally.

*As anyone knows the EPL, La Liga and North American sports command much higher prices than a €50/person mean.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 12 Nov 2014, 05:11

Phritz bringing his love for esports to the general section :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed 12 Nov 2014, 05:32

I found a way Twisted Evil

One way to show people that certain games have higher attendances than the Serie A xD
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:09

JespSwe wrote:

im hella surprised and disgusted that Scandinavian countries are ignored... they would make a great host for world cup.....

wouldnt be a surprise if world cup bids are rigged... how come none of the Scandinavian nations are not there...

sweden finland, denmark norway... omg i would do anything go watch the world cup there!! it would be fantastic atmosphere throughout those countries....

I 'd like a Scandinavian cup too , but I don't think they are ignored, simply they don't want to host it hmm
they prefer invest money in another way imo hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:27

Phritz wrote:The first disappointment was the realization just how corrupt FIFA is. When you take a look at the other 2022 bids there is just no way corrruption free reason for Qatar win the bid. Heck, the agency that FIFA hired to evaluate the bids placed Qatar lowest. Not much else to say because this disappointment because it's pretty self-explanatory.

The second disappointment came from me being a sci-fi addict. Japan had lofty technological goals for this WC and one of them was the universal translator. As a multi-cultural person (Austrian/German/Philippino/Chinese descent, born in Central America, British education) peoples ignorance of other cultures pains me. The Suarez/Evra incident is the most prominent example in the footballing world. Ignore that Suarez *bleep* up his reputation in other ways but a great footballers reputation was stained and falsely labelled a racist just because of cultural ignorance so anything that can promote inter-cultural communication like a universal translator would have been awesome and something something world peace.

The other major technical innovation and what leads to the third disappointment was the 3D holoprojection Japan had pledged to develop. While large scale holoprojection isn't new (see Hatsune Miku) can you imagine being able to go to the Bernabaeu or Allianz Arena or Wembley and watching the the football match in Holographic 3D taking place in another stadium? Watch el clasico in Wembley or the Macarana; the possibilities are endless in football alone. But they're also applicable to another passion of mine and that's esports. Esports are starting to take off in the west - just look at the growth of the LoL world championship and the final arenas of the 3 biggest titles: (click for larger size)

Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one KxjQWWil
Japan not getting the WC depresses me in more ways than one Dk6oohfl

Can you imagine watching video game competitions of the actual game on such a large scale? Can you imagine playing FIFA/PES in an actual stadium? That would be bonkers.

well since World Cup is a recent memory, i guess u will have to wait until 2020 Olympic to see what Japan has got to offer in terms of sporting and technological showcase as u have mentioned.

I m in Japan now and ever since Japan got nominted to host 2020 olympics... the effort put by Tokyo as well as the whole society is amazing. People have already started working full on 1000% for Tokyo Olympics and we are still 5 years away...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:29

Robespierre wrote:
JespSwe wrote:

I 'd like a Scandinavian cup too , but I don't think they are ignored, simply they don't want to host it hmm
they prefer invest money in another way imo hmm

i know they are very economical countries when it comes to finance but wouldnt it be cheaper if they co-host together instead of one nation hosting??

like the whole Scandinavian nations...? Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden??? that would be killer show for sure

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:35

AFAIK FIFA only want to allow up to two countries hosting together. (Dunno why UEFA got the idea of spreading the Euro2020 throughout all of Europe anyway - but then, Platini is not Blatter).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:49

Next two world cups are in countries I have zero interest in ever going to, really awkward places ffs. Which is a shame as that's from now until 2022 I will not even consider going to a World Cup, that's a large chunk of life to wait ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down