REWB
Art Morte
UnitedInRed
nasir6371
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
15 posters

Go down

Manchester City FFP fine to be shared among other Champions League clubs Empty Manchester City FFP fine to be shared among other Champions League clubs

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/manchester-city-ffp-fine-to-be-shared-among-other-champions-league-clubs-9721874.html

MARTYN ZIEGLER wrote:Manchester City's huge fine for breaching UEFA's financial fair play rules is to be shared out around the other clubs in the Champions League.

City were fined £50million for the FFP breaches but will only have to pay around £20million if they comply with the break-even rules in future seasons.

The first tranche of payments from City, Paris St Germain and Zenit St Petersburg will total £20million and will be split among the Champions League and Europa League clubs who did comply with the rules last season.

A similar sum will be distributed to clubs who comply with the FFP rules in this season's European competitions.

European Clubs' Association chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said UEFA had agreed the fines should go to the other clubs.

He told a news conference in Geneva: "It was an agreement between UEFA and the clubs that it was money belonging to the clubs."

The clubs will have a chance to argue any changes to FFP rules at a meeting with UEFA on October 13.

UEFA president Michel Platini said in his speech to the ECA: "The framework for financial fair play must be dynamic, it must evolve constantly, which is why I have convened an important round table on the subject with your representatives at UEFA headquarters on 13 October.

"We will see whether any imperfections can be ironed out and whether there is room to further improve the system."

Synonym for bs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Manchester City FFP fine to be shared among other Champions League clubs Empty Re: Manchester City FFP fine to be shared among other Champions League clubs

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Evolve constantly I.E get reduced because they have no balls

Good to know.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Manchester City FFP fine to be shared among other Champions League clubs Empty Re: Manchester City FFP fine to be shared among other Champions League clubs

Post by nasir6371 Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:19 pm

City giving £645,161 to every team CL, They better send us a Christmas card! Laughing

Really wished City would have challenged the FFP BS in court, in the business world this is call Protectionism by the big clubs against smaller ones.

City getting in the door before it was shut behind us, Sheikh Mansour :wub:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:07 pm

Hopefully these ridiculous FFP rules will cause the big clubs to threaten UEFA with leaving and force them to change.

I really, really, hate UEFA.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:11 pm

I kinda like this idea. What else should UEFA do with those monies? Only think that they should have distributed it to the Europa League clubs solely, you already get enough money in the Champions League.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:21 pm

nasir6371 wrote:City giving £645,161 to every team CL, They better send us a Christmas card! Laughing

Really wished City would have challenged the FFP BS in court, in the business world this is call Protectionism by the big clubs against smaller ones.

City getting in the door before it was shut behind us, Sheikh Mansour :wub:

lol what? if man city dont want to pay or follow the rules they don't have to, all they have to do is leave the comp. Its uefa's competition, remember that, you have to follow their rules or gtfo. simple.

for obvious reason mancity dont want to leave, so they are complying.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:37 pm

UEFA taking pity on poor, cash strapped Manchester City
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:48 pm

^ I don't think you either read it properly or understood.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Fining a club £20/50 million for overspend is utter BS. Exclusion from CL/Europa, Squad restriction, and/or Transfer ban are more effective than fining teams.

Currently FFP is used to stop smaller clubs from becoming bigger clubs and to keep the status quo.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:42 pm

build your club through sponsorships and marketing, expand/upgrade your stadiums to bring in more fans, have a proper infrastructure then you can spend all you like.

you know like the clubs before you have. :coffee:

and i'm not taking a shot at City, i know there owners are doing lots to help the club to become a self sustaining business and building new facilities....but not every team is gonna be that way and these rules are for all of europe
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:58 pm

So we can afford zaccardo now
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:06 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Fining a club £20/50 million for overspend is utter BS. Exclusion from CL/Europa, Squad restriction,  and/or Transfer ban are more effective than fining teams.

Currently FFP is used to stop smaller clubs from becoming bigger clubs and to keep the status quo.

I agree 100%, transfer bans and squad restrictions are infinitely more effective than making a billionaire pay a couple mil.

But injecting ridiculous amounts of money into a team's transfer budget and payroll isn't the only way to become a big club. And to be fair, I think buying the best player on smaller clubs, just to end up sitting on the bench hinders their progress more.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Instead of these obscure FFP laws that are disgraceful, how about setting all clubs a combined net spend and wage budget limit.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm

At first I thought that the other clubs had to pay City's fine lmao
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Instead of these obscure FFP laws that are disgraceful, how about setting all clubs a combined net spend and wage budget limit.

Net spend might work depending on the cap.

Wage limit? LOL, there is no way the players would accept such a thing and they really shouldn't. It's bad enough the big clubs make huge amounts of money off them. There is absolutely no need from them to sacrifice even more for the club in terms of a wage cap.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Who said anything about limiting players wages?

I'm talking about a club total. So if you have an extra 30M p/a left of wages you could give it all to some scrub if you really wanted to. Or you could bring in several players all taking a smaller chunk out of that
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Who said anything about limiting players wages?

I'm talking about a club total. So if you have an extra 30M p/a  left of wages you could give it all to some scrub if you really wanted to. Or you could bring in several players all taking a smaller chunk out of that

You're still limiting the potential wages of a player though. The fact that there is a cap immediately gives clubs incentive to low ball every player on the roster.

If you set a huge wage budget limit then you may as well not have it to begin with because who's to say this limit wouldn't be decreased after it was accepted by the majority? Clubs could push for the limit to be decreased every year once the concept is established.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:21 am

I think a salary/transfer cap will become necessary unless a euro super league is created.

I found out the other day that AFL (Australian Football League) has something called "Veteran" status.

So if a player is at a club for X amount of years, they develop "veteran" status and become exempt from the salary cap. I think its a good rule. But then as a gooner, I would say that.

I'd be shocked to see it happen in football as there is too much money to be made from players slutting themselves out every season.

My point is I think there are plenty of measures you can make with salary/transfer caps to still enable plenty of freedom in the market.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:55 am

wow....that "veteran rule" sounds badass.

I would love that. It would help so many clubs if there was a salary cap. And the only way super teams could be bought and formed would be if top world class players would be willing to take massive pay cuts to be able to fall in the salary cap restrictions. So then most teams would be able to keep there players. Imagine if Valencia never had to sell half of it's top players, etc.

Sign me up, I love this salary cap with the "veteran rule" applied. Would heavily encourage players from jumping ship in order to stay and gain more cash with said club in the long run. it would completely change the format of european football
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:12 am

The problem with a salary cap is that it doesn't work across leagues as revenues of different leagues vary a lot. Yet it should be the same in Europe or the Champions and Europa League would become unfair.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:36 am

Peccadillo wrote:
I think a salary/transfer cap will become necessary unless a euro super league is created.

I found out the other day that AFL (Australian Football League) has something called "Veteran" status.

So if a player is at a club for X amount of years, they develop "veteran" status and become exempt from the salary cap. I think its a good rule. But then as a gooner, I would say that.

I'd be shocked to see it happen in football as there is too much money to be made from players slutting themselves out every season.

My point is I think there are plenty of measures you can make with salary/transfer caps to still enable plenty of freedom in the market.

I like the sound of the Veteran rule hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:34 am

Peccadillo Proud cant believe you've heard of AFL
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:26 am

Im an expat in Sydney. My work-mate is trying to convert me to Swanism
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Maybe Uefa should let City keep that money and have them invest in new fans. Or perhaps some seat fillers.

I know they're outnumbered by United fans in Manchester, but surely they could fill the stadium for their first  European night of the season, or atleast you'd think so. Nope!

Laughable attendance.

Laughable atmosphere.

All that was heard throughout were Roma fans.

Joke of a club.

Laughing
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down