Insoucious
Art Morte
The Franchise
Casciavit
Hapless_Hans
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Platini threatens Ribéry with Bundesliga ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Platini threatens Ribéry with Bundesliga ban

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Look... you're not talking about a NT coach or federation that screw around. They have a lawsuit ongoing against Nasri and his girfriend for comments they made that were derogatory. It's actually against French law to make certain comments. They haven't dropped it either.

They've made it abundantly clear that they will go down harshly on all players and follow the rules. It was very loose for a loooong time and things went crazy in France. It's the other extreme now.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Platini threatens Ribéry with Bundesliga ban - Page 2 Empty Re: Platini threatens Ribéry with Bundesliga ban

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:47 pm

y
sportsczy wrote:  It's no joke.

Yes it is, albeit a bad one.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:49 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Lmao but he's announced his retirement, there is no rule forcing you to play for your national team until you retire all together.
Yes there is.  You can retire alltogether.  But you can't retire from NT and continue playing for club without getting a waiver.  FIFA rules force you to play for NT if you are still an active professional at the club level.  If you refuse the callup, you get suspended at the club level.  It starts with 3 games, etc.  That's the whole thing being discussed here...  Platini is saying that Ribery is risking a 3 game suspension with Bayern IF France NT call him and he doesn't show up WHILE he's still playing for Bayern or any other club.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:50 pm

My completely speculative and unfounded, however absolutely accurate, estimation is that the French FA have a antagonistic, disciplinarian and authoritative stance against some of their players which is informed by a colonialist, chauvinist, elitarian, snobbist, and racist world view.

They treat their players like bad, savage juveniles who have to be disciplined, educated and civilized.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Nothing to do with it tbh...  Toulalan was risking huge too because he was going to get called before the WC and he didn't want to play for NT.  Then he went to the media and said he has juicy stories that have remained untold about the fiasco at WC 2010.  That made the NT back off Laughing

Toulalan is the whitest frenchman around lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:56 pm

Don't worry, Dr.Müller-Wohlfahrt will easily take care of the problem. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:Nothing to do with it tbh...  

probably you're right, but I'll just continue to claim that as I like that claim very much.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Ribery has to be smarter... he knows that France NT is being run like a dictatorship right now (and for good reason). All he had to do was warn them first and then make the announcement... then, all he had to do was call them and apologize. He's acting like a prima dona brat. The solution is so simple that it's ridiculous. But if he decides to be a little girl about this, he will get hammered. Absolutely no doubt about it.

It's like leaving your job without giving notice while your contract says that you need to give notice OR ELSE you risk legal action (i've had employment contracts like that; i had to give a min of 3 months notice). Just do it and move on ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:29 pm

yeah well, but again, Ribery doesn't have a contract with the national team lol.
If they are intent on playing silly games and spend their time with unnecessary bickering (way to go!), Ribery will have injury problems every time there's an international break.

As RWO said, Müller-Wohlfahrt will have no problem 'backing' Ribery up after that stunt the NT doc pulled.
And then France can sue us before CAS or whatever lol, if they think that's a reasonable way to spend time and nerves 2 years before a EC at home.

Either way, Ribery obviously won't play for the NT anymore so why don't they just shut the *bleep* up?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:45 pm

There's an issue with that...  the rule for the last 5 years is that you need to show up to the NT camp and the NT doctors have to confirm your injury unless they waive that right.  There's no way France NT would waive that right if they really wanted to take a piss on Ribery.  He would need to show up in France and would need to have a legit injury...  in every case, he's forced to show up lol.

This is not a battle Ribery wants to fight.  All the rules and regulations are against him. FFF don't like Bayern anyhow so that's not going to help.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Well, as I said, he can claim a back injury. Not really easy to confirm he doesn't have back pain, especially as he has a history of that, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:31 am

FFF can kiss our lederhosened arses lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:28 am

@ Sportsczy : whatever the rules or arguments are , I know one thing for sure : No one can be forced to play for his NT if he TRULY doesn't want to.
Key word here is Truly : I believe Ribéry was just tired of being labelled as the bad guy who cannot even speak correctly. The best way to bring him back is not to threaten him rather than call him personnaly and try to convince him. Just like for Zidane and many others. The fact is the NT has young promising wingers coming up and 2years from now Ribery could lose his place anyways. All this drama for what ? #faiteschier
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:57 am

This is crazy, Platini is just butthurt over him breaking the rule, in reality Ribéry is doing them a favor considering how he normally plays for France.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 am

Ribery should just get the three match ban, not like bayern need him to win the easy games xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:34 am

I knew there was this rule but anyway I didn't think it was valid also for "old" players
Ribery is as other 30 years old players who decided to play only with club . It is so everywhere, Totti decided to leave the NT after World Cup 2006.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:47 am

If UEFA enforces the 3 game suspension Bayrrn/ Ribery will take them to CAS and willmost likely get a ruling in their favor. U can't force someone to play for NT if doesn't want to .Regardless of whatever the rules.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:47 am

It's a rule that's been around for 90 years...  every single player that has announced his retirement has notified his national federation first and gotten the waiver.  Ribery is not more special than Platini, Zidane or Henry....  who all asked to be excused from NT before announcing it.

There isn't a legal leg to stand on.  He can take it to CAS or whatever...  the rule is very black and white.  If you play club professional football, you are required to play for NT if called.  Simple as that.  The Court of Arbitration only changes things if there is a LEGAL reason to do so as "arbitration" is a alternative dispute resolution method that only looks at the rule of law... notihing else.  What's Ribery's legal reason?  He doesn't like the rule? Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:51 am

Robespierre wrote:I knew there was this rule but anyway I didn't think it was valid also for "old" players
Ribery is as other 30 years old players who decided to play only with club . It is so everywhere, Totti decided to leave the NT after World Cup 2006.
I'm sure Totti talked to the NT coach and let his federation know before (or right after) making the announcement...  nobody makes an issue of it if you go about it respectfully.  Ribery did not and continues to be a brat. Both Deschamps and the FFF found out about it through the media and still haven't gotten a call.

Platini is just warning Ribery that he needs to get this cleared up. If he doesn't UEFA has not choices but to enforce the rules if the FFF pursue it. I'm sure they gave him an indication that they would, which is why he talked about it. Better to give the player a soft warning like this before bringing in the hammer later if needed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:51 am

First of all, Rummenigge today said that he's surprised at Platinis remarks, and claims that Ribery has in fact cleared his decision with Deschamps, he won't be called up anymore and therefore everything is in order.

Secondly, imagine a player, no matter how young, simply does not want to play for his national team, for whatever reasons.
Let's say, political - he's a die-hard antinationalist lol.
Or he says he's too lazy and can't be bothered to play NT on top of club football.

Sports, you can't possibly tell me that a player can be forced to play, and if he's called up even though he doesn't want to play international football he NEEDS to go or be banned.
That would not stand scutiny under any court lol.
Players are not property of their country, or their country's FA. If they don't want to play, they don't want to period. Arguing otherwise is completely nonsensical, it's not like this is obligatory military service written into law or something.

The rule is there to prevent CLUBS from refusing to release players to the NT, nothing else.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Rules are the rules... if you play once for a NT, you're bound to them. You cannot say no if you're called. There are very good reasons for it and it's been like this since forever.

You don't want to play? you get it cleared with your NT first. It's simple. They never force you anyhow (never heard of it). BUT, you can't just assume... you need to show respect and ask for the waiver.

It's like any other profession. I have a contract that says that i have to notify them 2 weeks in advance before i leave for example. I can't just get up and leave. I give notice, wait the 2 weeks and then leave. They can choose to let me leave immediately, but that's not up to me. Before i joined, i agreed to the rules. I can't ignore them because it's not convenient for me.

And I hope Ribery has cleared it up... nobody wants him back on NT in France anyhow. He was disliked from the end of WC 2006 all the way until 2013. Has only been influential on NT for 1 year and never in an official competition other than the 2006 WC. So nobody cares if he's gone. Similar to Henry in that sense: Legend at club level but a complete side note on NT.

That said, France NT is very harsh right now and for very, very good reason. The players are all aware. If they're not, then they're just being dense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:08 pm

And courts only look at contracts and the law... you have to prove that you have a legal basis to contest something.  If the rules clearly state a procedure and penalties for not following procedure, the court has absolutely no choice but to uphold it.  

I don't think that you guys understand what a legal system is (or what legal recourse means).  It has nothing to do with right or wrong.  It's all about the rules and regulations. The courts have to state the LEGAL reason why they make a decision. If they don't have a legal basis to rule your way, you will lose every single time.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 pm

lool to be honest the way you describe the situation, and the behaviou and stance of the French FA sounds ridiculous beyond belief to me.

Why does a national team need to be "VERY harsh" with their players lol, and what reason would there be for that?
If you don't like the behaviour of certain players just don't call them up.
This posturing is bordering on hysterical, and seems completely self-defeating if you ask me.
Especially if "nobody cares if he's gone" lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:14 pm

and for the last time, why you keep going on about 'contracts'? what contract does Ribery have with the French National Team?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:25 pm

NT coaches usually respect player's decisions to retire. This looks like a case were Deschamps is not happy Ribery decided to retire without informing him and wants to punish him by calling him up. Because so many players have retired with no fuss does not mean coaches have no say in it, as I said coaches usually have no problem with their players retiring. Looks like there is still some bad blood in the France camp
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 pm

I really can't understand what a coach thinks to accomplish by calling up an unwilling player. As he has no contract with the NT, he is not obliged to give 100%, and you can be sure that he wouldn't do it, so you won't really win anything by calling up that player. (In club football it is different as there the player has a contract and gets paid for his service.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next