Casciavit
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
Harmonica
Rebaño Sagrado
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

“If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo Empty “If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:00 am

Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to make any comments on Lionel Messi winning the Golden Ball at the 2014 World Cup, so that he “does not end up in jail”.

The Real Madrid forward was speaking in an interview with Portuguese TV Channel, TVI, and it was aired after he picked up the UEFA European Player of the Year on Thursday evening.

Messi did not make the top three this time around, with Bayern Munich’s duo of Manuel Neuer and Arjen Robben completing the final nominees. But the Argentine captain was awarded the Golden Ball as Brazil 2014 best player earlier this year, much to everyone’s surprise.

“Everyone can see, make their own judgements, the people in the world of football are intelligent,” Ronaldo said. “It would be a very interesting question for him. I cannot be honest about it.”

“If I said everything that I think, I would be in prison.”

Ronaldo also insisted that his supposed rivalry with the Barcelona player, who has also won four Ballon d’Or awards, was created by the media.

“To be honest I think the rivalry thing is created by the press,” Ronaldo said. “Because I do not have any rivalry with him. We go to the award ceremonies. We’ve always had a very professional and normal relationship.”

“Maybe sometimes the press tries to give a better impression of him. Or people simply like his image more.

“It’s normal, we can’t please everyone. I have to respect everyone’s opinion. And I can live with it. And I do not live my life depending on what others think of me.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/29/talk-messis-golden-ball-end-prison-ronaldo/
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

“If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo Empty Re: “If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo

Post by Harmonica Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:05 am

Should have asked Flopnaldo what he feels about own World Cup performance(s).
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

“If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo Empty Re: “If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:07 am

lmao what can he possibly say that would land him in prison.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:09 am

Somebody should tell Ronaldo that calling an award a farce doesn't put you in CIAs top 10 hit list
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:18 am

Ronaldo should be the last one to talk about the WC and injustica TBH.

Shame, Messi isn't outspoken though. Would have lead to a few back and forths :coffee:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:27 am

Jesus, I know a lot of people don't think Messi deserved the award but Ronaldo needs to look in the mirror.  He has played like total trash in the world cup and if you tell me he's injured this year OK, not problem, then go back and look at every other year he's played in it.

Messi was let down by his other "world class" attacking players in his team that once they get to there clubs will look like totally different players and he carried Argentina to the finals.  Again, yes James probably deserved the award but Messi can effect a game without scoring and obviously when he scored.  The man was one of the best 3 players in the tournament and the awards are always highly political.

Ronaldo seems to think he's a deep thinker and for his brilliant assessment on the world cup he would be thrown in jail like he is Galileo or something.

This is a guy who helped lose his team the Euros because he couldn't count to 5 in a penalty shootout.  Maybe he should leave the deep thinking to other people.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 am

Tbf Ronaldo is in no position to call Messi out without calling himself a total World Cup failure

Otherwise it's like driving a fiat punto and laughing at your neighbour when he buys a new Ford Mondeo
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:56 am

Messi is the most undeserving Golden Ball winner ever, still can't believe he won the award.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:03 am

“If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo Nmk10
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:04 am

loooooooooooooool
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:10 am

Ronaldo with those severe prison sentences. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:11 am

Lex wrote:“If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo Nmk10

rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:11 am

Lex wrote:“If I talk about Messi’s Golden Ball, I could end up in prison” – Ronaldo Nmk10

lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:20 am

“Maybe sometimes the press tries to give a better impression of him. Or people simply like his image more."

Well, it's not the media..it's because Messi doesn't go around saying dumb ass shit like you just said.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:19 am

He didn't really say anything that dumb. He's exaggerating with the prison thing, but he's also not saying he played better than Messi. He's just saying he didn't deserve the Golden Ball...which is true.

People will look for any reason to hate on Ronaldo.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:21 am

it's a thing because Ronaldo of all people said it, you know the guy who got 3x more haircuts then goals scored in the world cup?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 am

El Cujo wrote:He didn't really say anything that dumb. He's exaggerating with the prison thing, but he's also not saying he played better than Messi. He's just saying he didn't deserve the Golden Ball...which is true.

This

Get something better to do with your lives guys. its getting old and repetitive

Also lets ignore this quote

“To be honest I think the rivalry thing is created by the press,” Ronaldo said. “Because I do not have any rivalry with him. We go to the award ceremonies. We’ve always had a very professional and normal relationship.”

“Maybe sometimes the press tries to give a better impression of him. Or people simply like his image more.

“It’s normal, we can’t please everyone. I have to respect everyone’s opinion. And I can live with it. And I do not live my life depending on what others think of me.”

Hilarious how people try to make fun of him for every little thing. I don't think even jealousy describes it Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:39 am

So he takes a jab at Messi, then says there's no problem between them and that its all a media creation Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:54 am

Lolnaldo talking about world cup lol .Couldn't even dive to save his team in wc .haircutnaldo pls stop
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:28 am

Is he literally retarded or delusional to spout off like this after his wc failure? which one of the two? and says it all about the so called rivalry when one of the two sides doesn't even have to address the other...
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:31 am

I agree. Messi's Golden Ball was a joke as was Ronaldo's European Player Award as he did not play in Copa, did nothing decisive in CHL Semis or Finals and lost the league.

These 2 players have monopolized these awards which leads to think there must huge pressure from sponsors including threats of monetary losses. In a way they are buying awards anyway.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
El Cujo wrote:He didn't really say anything that dumb. He's exaggerating with the prison thing, but he's also not saying he played better than Messi. He's just saying he didn't deserve the Golden Ball...which is true.

This

Hilarious how people try to make fun of him for every little thing. I don't think even jealousy describes it Laughing

Jealousy? There's been plenty of handsome, extremely talented footballers. Totti, baggio. maldini, zanetti to name a few(no homo, just objective). I never saw any disproportionate hate from them...maybe it's cause a certain character tends to act like a high school girl(in mannerisms and appearance)...
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:57 am

Giggity5313 wrote:

This

ummm......jealousy of what exactly? lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:04 am

CR ain't about that prison lyfe Proud

Anyway there's nothing to see here, in the same interview he says some nice things about Messi and a number of other things about different subjects.

He's never been an articulate guy but this interview is far from his most controversial.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:17 am

I can't believe how many naive people are there. :facepalm:

Everybody asking: "What could he possibly say that would land him in prison?"

Also I read something like this: "Ronaldo shouldn't talk about World Cup , he should look at his performances."

"Somebody should tell Ronaldo that calling an award a farce doesn't put you in CIAs top 10 hit list"

"Jesus, I know a lot of people don't think Messi deserved the award but Ronaldo needs to look in the mirror.  He has played like total trash in the world cup and if you tell me he's injured this year OK, not problem, then go back and look at every other year he's played in it."

I hope you people are joking. What the *bleep* have to do Ronaldo's performances with a statement like this?  rofl If it is like this, he should say: "Why the hell do you speak (addressing to the fans full of envy)? You aren't even football players! " . But it isn't like this. We all know.

I am pretty sure he knows perfectly what he's done at the World Cup; it's just that it is completely irrelevant what he did when it comes about this subject. And I thought it is pretty obvious that he exagerrated with "the prison". He strengthened his opinion with that and now GL users come with their usual childish mentality.

GL users are looking like some disoriented 8-9 years old kids.

And it is absolutely clear that Messi was not supposed to win that award. I am not a Ronaldo fan, but it would be immature to speak trash without sense.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next