M99
Firenze
Kaladin
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
13 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone? - Page 5 Empty Re: Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone?

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:00 pm

IMO after TBH is when the series starts to decline a little, still a great read, but everything leading up to that was GOAT in my eyes.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone? - Page 5 Empty Re: Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone?

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Same, i finished it all in one sitdown, started reading it at 8pm, finished 2am lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:02 pm

can't ever see a Malazan adaption living up to the hype tbh, it would never get greenlit anyway since it wouldn't be profitable. An MMORPG would be legit though, would also love to see the guys that made The Witcher series adapt them to games.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:06 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Same, i finished it all in one sitdown, started reading it at 8pm, finished 2am lol

I know this feel, far too often I underestimated Erikson's penchant for GOAT tier convergences, telling myself I'll read a couple of chapters and end up having to read the final 250-300 pages, next thing I know I have to be awake in like 3 hrs time and it's 4am Proud

good times

haven't read a book from the series since like xmas 2012, he needs to hurry up and release Fall of Light, been pushed back like 10 times smh.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:06 pm

An MMORPG would probably work, though i struggle to see it in a Witcher-style game, who'd be the lead Paran? Seems a bit hard to execute imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:09 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Same, i finished it all in one sitdown, started reading it at 8pm, finished 2am lol

Leoman Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone? - Page 5 Wow

Bastard

Love Corabb ( tbh I like Leoman too, great character)

TBH really did a great job of investing me into the soldiers..which was obviously the intention, always thought I'd not really care for any other army after the the bridgeburners
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:11 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:An MMORPG would probably work, though i struggle to see it in a Witcher-style game, who'd be the lead Paran? Seems a bit hard to execute imo

ain't nobody got time for Paran

Dassem or Dancer during the Empire's initial formation/expansion Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone? - Page 5 Wow
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Have a character you create from scratch like in Elder Scrolls/Dragon Age hmm

And I liked Leoman.

hoc spoilers:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Firenze wrote:

I know this feel, far too often I underestimated Erikson's penchant for GOAT tier convergences, telling myself I'll read a couple of chapters and end up having to read the final 250-300 pages, next thing I know I have to be awake in like 3 hrs time and it's 4am Proud

Not just convergences, its the ability to make you turn 180 and love such a large cast of characters. Cotillion was enemy No.1 up until House of Chains for me. Same with most of the 14th army, i didn't care about them in House of Chains barely batted an eye except for Fiddler, but all the buildup towards Ygatan made me relate to some of the characters, and with the birth of the Bonehunters it felt like the reader was born with them
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Yup. You'll miss a lot of character development for him if you skip the Esslemont novels.

but tbh the only two I'd recommend reading that I personally enjoyed would be Return of The Crimson Guard and Stonewielder, rest were meh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Night of Knives was terrible until chapter 4 when the flashback happens. Chapter 4-6 is great, Malazan quality indeed. Temper was GOAT too :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Do i have to read Night of Knives to understand the rest of Esslemont's novels? hmm

Read somewhere that Return of the Crimson Guard is the only worthwhile one
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:33 pm

that tier list's gonna get a pretty dramatic shake-up within the next couple of books Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone? - Page 5 5I5s8

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:34 pm

tbh IDK what M99 is smoking, Night of Knives is absolute shite, writing standard is akin to a mid tier fanfic ( was his first novel tho)

but  the setting, events and short length make it worth a read for a malazan fan

you don't IIRC I didn't read Night of Knives until after I'd finish the entire series when I was bored
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:37 pm

Firenze wrote:tbh IDK what M99 is smoking, Night of Knives is absolute shite, writing standard is akin to a mid tier fanfic ( was his first novel tho)

but  the setting, events and short length make it worth a read for a malazan fan

you don't IIRC I didn't read Night of Knives until after I'd finish the entire series when I was bored

I just said chapter 1-3 is pure shite ffs

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:40 pm

yeah that flashback was probably the best part of the novel

any time we see Dassem is top tier IMO Proud

deffo read Return of The Crimson Guard tho ES, it's basically a Michael Bay movie set in the Malazan world, cast is second to none across any of the books

would have been the GOAT in Erikson's hands
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Damn, now i want to read Night of Knives

I might just do that right now
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:46 pm

may as well I guess, can be completed in like 90 mins, think it was like 140 pages and the writing was huge compared to 10000 lines a page like Erikson's
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Starting chapter 3 of Night of Knives, what a shit read so far
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Gets good in chapter 4.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Finished NoK, decent book, not great but alright.

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:53 pm

tbh I don't remember much about RG besides the Karsa/Icarium and Rhulad storyline. Although I do remember that it starts to amp up towards the last third as you can expect with regards to the rest of the cast. Definitely one of the weaker ones though, first half is incredibly dull from what I remember. Dat light at the end of the tunnel though, Toll The Hounds, Darujhistan next Molenation

curious to see how you find TTH the most tbh, seems very polarizing among the fandom, some absolutely rate it the best while others find it meh. Darujhistan is my fav setting though and I I'm a fan of the cast so I tend to fall into the former category.

think I mentioned it before but IMO the series has already peaked, 1-5 is great. Still worth a read since by that point you're invested and there are some great moments
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:04 pm

I'm planning on reading Crimson Guard after RG then TTH hmm

But its good to know that Darujhistan is back :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next