RealGunner
Kick
CBarca
windkick
BarrileteCosmico
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Official: Dunga to coach Brazil again Empty Official: Dunga to coach Brazil again

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Rio de Janeiro (AFP) - Rumors that Brazil will give former skipper Dunga a second stint as national coach reached deafening levels Sunday with Globo reporting he is about to be unveiled as Luiz Felipe Scolari's successor.

Jose Mourinho's exclusive World Cup analysis
The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) had planed to unveil the new man at the top last week but instead Thursday unwrapped a new technical commission headed by former reserve goalkeeper Gilmar, saying the new coach would be named Tuesday.

After early speculation the CBF would turn to currently clubless former Corinthians boss Tite, Saturday saw a flurry of media reports saying the body which runs the Brazilian game would in fact turn to Dunga, sacked after the 2010 World Cup.

Globo reported Dunga would likely choose Jorginho, who like him and Gilmar was in the World Cup-winning USA 1994 squad, as his right-hand man.

The Brazilian media conglomerate added that Dunga, 50, had been mulling a big-money offer from Venezuela as the latter, buoyed by a strong run at the 2011 Copa America, chase a first World Cup qualification for Russia 2018.

Globo added that on learning the Brazil job was once again in the offing, Dunga had decided to focus on that instead rather that chase a reported $5 million Venezuelan bonus in the event of finals qualification.

The former Fiorentina and Stuttgart midfielder replaced 1994 coach Carlos Alberto Parreira, who gave way to Gilmar last week as techical coordinator, in the top job after the 2006 World Cup.

He then led Brazil to Copa America success in 2007 and the 2009 Confederations Cup.

But the CBF wielded the axe after Dunga's Brazil side, seen by many fans as over-cautious, lost their 2010 World Cup quarter-final to Holland.

After their 2014 World Cup semi-final humiliation on home soil at the hands of champions Germany, Brazil are now seeking to overhaul their domestic game as well as their five-times world champions national side.

But attempts at very incremental reform in recent years have foundered.

Since Dunga was fired, Mano Menezes has likewise been tried and found wanting while Scolari has come back and proved unable to repeat his 2002 World Cup success -- though he did lead Brazil to last year's Confederations Cup.

Dunga is now seemingly poised to follow Parreira and Scolari in having a second bite at the Selecao cherry.

In his first spell at the helm he oversaw 42 wins in 60 games for 12 draws and six losses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dunga-man-brazil-reports-220643799--sow.html

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Official: Dunga to coach Brazil again Empty Re: Official: Dunga to coach Brazil again

Post by windkick Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:34 am

Official: Dunga to coach Brazil again 34017_hp
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: Dunga to coach Brazil again Empty Re: Official: Dunga to coach Brazil again

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:26 am

Football has won today.

Let the joga bonito begin
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:22 am

I actually liked Dunga, it would be a decent move, imo.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Interesting answers by Dunga

FIFA.com: As the previous coach who is now on the sidelines supporting the team, what’s your view of Brazil’s first-half performance against Germany?

Dunga: I think Germany did what Brazil used to do a long time ago: set up a triangle on one side of the pitch and then switch the play with 40 and 50-metre passes. The advantage they had was that they had the ideal player on the other side in [Thomas] Muller, who quick enough and skilful enough to keep the play moving. Some might say that they didn’t really do anything out of the ordinary or exceptional – except that they did, because they did what every team dreams of doing. Germany played as a unit. They got forward, played with depth and at pace and got back to defend at the right times. And if you look at the goals, you’ll see that the Brazilians always had a numerical advantage. The thing was, the players were always four or five metres away. Leaving that kind of space can be fatal these days, when you really have to be compact.

Some people have said that Germany haven’t really played that well, until the Brazil game at least. What is it that finally allowed them to express themselves and play the kind of football we’ve all been expecting?

Dunga: Germany have worked things out as the tournament has progressed and they got their team right after beating Algeria, a game in which they had a lot of problems. He (coach Joachim Low) had [Philipp] Lahm in midfield and then switched him to full-back, where he’s been outstanding. He put [Sami] Khedira in the middle with [Bastian] Schweinsteiger, played a faster man in defence, namely [Mats] Hummels, and brought [Miroslav] Klose into the attack. He’s also got Schweinsteiger running things in midfield, both when it comes to defending and pressing and to dictating the pace. He knows when to sit tight and take up position between the two central defenders and when to get forward and press. You have to understand that a national team is not a collection of the best players but the players who fit in with the kind of football you’re trying to play. There isn’t that much difference between sides any more. The problem is that here in Brazil we think that exceptionally talented players don’t have any kind of tactical function to perform. It’s that kind of mentality that we need to change.

The 2010 defeat brought about change in the national team, and the same is probably going to happen again now. What lessons do you think can be learned from what’s just happened?

Dunga: Well, that’s a question for the people on the inside. The thing is, any national team heading into a World Cup has to have a programme in place and decisions have to be respected. I took a lot of criticism for organising so many training camps, but what people don’t understand is that you don’t have much time to work with, so you have to make the most of it. A World Cup is hard work for a national team and a party for everyone else on the outside. That means you have to make a very clear distinction between the two because it’s a huge challenge. There’ll be arguments, but just because you lose doesn’t mean to say that everything’s been a mess. There are a lot of good things that need to be built on.

Do you think this World Cup has seen the emergence of a new trend in football, with teams looking to get forward more and try to score more?

Dunga: Look, just because you’ve got three or four players up front, it doesn’t mean to say you’re playing a more attacking game. You can have one or no players at all and yet still get forward with four or five men. Those concepts have all been undermined at this World Cup. The only team that’s played with three up front and pressed the whole time were Chile, but that’s because of the type of players they’re got. They knew that defensively that don’t have players who can go in hard, so they responded by attacking. In general I think the trend is to have players who are more offensive and faster and who look to pounce on the mistakes opponents make. We’ve seen a lot of goals come about here because forwards are getting more and more effective and mobile. Today’s system, with everyone marking together and dropping back in midfield to close down the space and then attacking at pace when they win the ball back, is one that brings results. Generally speaking the game’s become more dynamic now.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/m=7/news=dunga-the-game-has-become-more-dynamic-2403662.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:48 pm

lol this is hilarious.

Anyway Joga Bonito is back Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:57 pm

Thought Dunga played more defensive than Scolari.

Thought Scolari was the Joba Bonito prototype that was brought in due to how defensive minded Brazil played under Dunga
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 pm

can't believe  people  blamed dunga for the lack of " joga bonito " in his team Laughing as if he was responsible for brazil's talent drought in attack Laughing
brazil shouldn't even be thinking about " joga bonito " or some philosophical crap , they need to start building  a team after the WC disaster.

dunga is the right man for the job.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Coutinho is his main man Proud

GTFI
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:22 am

Zealous wrote:lol this is hilarious.

Anyway Joga Bonito is back Proud
CBarca wrote:Football has won today.

Let the joga bonito begin

Wth are you two on about? scratch Dunga doesn't play jogo bonito.

Anyways I always rated Dunga and think it's a smart move to get him back - didn't think he deserved to get fired over SA. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been coaching bigger sides in the interim.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:33 am

I believe it is sarcasm BC Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Official
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Makes no sense.
Have they already forgotten why they fired him?
Brazil will be waiting a looooong time before they get their 6th WC...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:46 pm

I don't remember Brazil under Dunga switching the play under him as he claimed
Maybe I'm getting old..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 pm

I don't think it's that bad an appointment, but somehow re-appointing Dunga reflects Brazilian football's situation as a whole: Exciting talent has become sparse.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Well at least they will get their professionalism back. No more David Luiz at CB and Marcelo at LB garbageness that's for sure. Miranda and F.Luis will most likely and deservedly be automatic starters.

Also no more pussy weak mentality wise crying before every national anthem bs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Also no more pussy weak mentality wise crying before every national anthem bs.

Very Happy
Yeah I don't think we'll see the Russians do that in 2018 x)

Unless they're getting their arse kicked by Finland as part of World War III at that time, of course.

Spoiler:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 pm

2022 will be the year when 30 year old Nerman will win it in his last chance.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Dunga most certainly never coached Joga Bonito lol... he was heavily criticized for having Brazil play tactics that were too European. Also was a very bad communicator with fans/press.

I like him... but this is a hilarious choice Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 pm

dunga did the best he could with the players available to him .

the lack of " joga bonito " had more to do with the lack of talent than with dunga's " philosophy " .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Good move from Brazil.

I think some people and especially some media members (Who supposedly follow this kind of stuff) forget what kind of run Dunga had Brazil on before they lost to the Dutch in the World Cup.

A lot of the hate was fueled by his I'll do it my own way attitude (Which was working beautifully for a while) and his arrogance of leaving Neymar at home and not taking him to SA which was just not very smart if he wasn't going to win the whole damn thing.

I watched teams literally quit playing against his Brazil side as they were so big, strong, fast and powerful that teams wanted no part of it.

I remember watching the pre-game of one of Brazil's games when Dunga was the coach when the teams were standing in the tunnel next to each other and my friend who doesn't watch a lot of football said, "Jesus, they look like an NFL team."

I mean the backline was huge, I believe it was something to the affect of Julio Cesar, Lucio, Maicon, Alex, and Juan with Fabiano up top and Kaka, Ramires and Silva.

I mean I didn't even notice it until the two teams were standing next to each other, it was a joke.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:48 pm

farfan wrote:can't believe  people  blamed dunga for the lack of " joga bonito " in his team Laughing as if he was responsible for brazil's talent drought in attack Laughing
brazil shouldn't even be thinking about " joga bonito " or some philosophical crap , they need to start building  a team after the WC disaster.

What attacking drought?

Nilmar,Fabiano,Elano,Robinho,Kaka?

That group was amazing compared to the group of Oscar,Hulk,Neymar, and bloody Fred/JO.

The only in the latter who would get in the former is Neymar. The rest are garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
farfan wrote:can't believe  people  blamed dunga for the lack of " joga bonito " in his team Laughing as if he was responsible for brazil's talent drought in attack Laughing

What attacking drought?

Nilmar,Fabiano,Elano,Robinho,Kaka?

That group was amazing compared to the group of Oscar,Hulk,Neymar, and bloody Fred/JO.

The only in the latter who would get in the former is Neymar. The rest are garbage.

kaka was shot to shit Laughing
nilmar was average at best
robinho ? lol
fabiano is the furthest thing from a " joga bonito " player .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Although I'm overall pessimistic, I think we should all wait for his first games.Scolari is a PTB coach yet normally played offensive football on his second passage with the NT.We have to face Colombia and Argentina in the next few months, tough tests to see in what state our new NT will be in.

It will be interesting to see who the u20 players CBF will make him call up are.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 pm

ganso, why not Marcelo Oliveira? just someone different ffs. this is a step back. scolari's problem was that he was a stubborn ass hole, there were better players back at home he left out because he played favorites. oliveira will bring in the right players and brazil will be brazil again. brazil can play joga bonito effectively i am sure of it, they just need to bring in proper attacking players like moura, firmino,coutinho, luiz adriano, etc.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next