Abramovich wrote:
Gil wrote:
Falcao
Hazard James Alexis
Matic Pogba
F.Luis Cahill Terry Azpilicueta
Courtois

hmm

Corrected for you, Cesc can scrub kill whenever and I'm not sure I eve want Sanchez.

Hazard Falcao James
Cesc Matic Pogba

hmm

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

James Rodriguez > James Bond - Page 4 Empty Re: James Rodriguez > James Bond

Post by Abramovich Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 am

Yes I approve Proud

Let's sign Varane as well for the shizzle and giggles  drinking 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 am

signing james would be one of the most ridiculous thing we could do this summer, zeal what are you saying lol, calm your tits mkay?

saying that we need "good players" is not true. We need players that fit into the idea of play that we currently so that it gets better.

The biggest issue for carlo in terms of balancing the team, was to make sure that CR lack of supportive play on the left doesnt ruin us in big games. So 2 formations have prevailed, 442 like we did vs barca, bayern or atletico where we have a wide man left that works with the fullback (isco, Di Maria and Bale did it); and 433 where the interior left is working with the fullback (isco, di maria again did it).

So i dont really see why there would be a need to sign a n10 like James, someone who is predominantly good behind the CF. it throws what we do completely out of balance. And we are talking about big game balance, not what we can in la liga trashing teams. there we can afford to play 4231 with CR doing no work out wide, that wont work in CL semis.

James is a nice lad, again, but not needed whatsoever.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:03 am

I think we're all under the effect of his performance against Uruguay, it'll wear off eventually.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:05 am

The thing is it's not like this stuff is new for James, it's just that most people haven't been exposed to him. He was fantastic in Ligue 1 (I literally watched Monaco games just for him) and has always been amazing with the NT. If he goes to a good team with an attacking philosophy he could win a Ballon D'or in the future.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:54 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No one has actually said he's better than this guy or that guy though.

He's being praised for arguably being the best player of the tournament so far and rightly so.

Nothing overrated about it tbh, at least not yet Laughing

Not overrated as a player, I mean his performances have been overrated. He's yet to impress me as a true playmaker and yet we have people proclaiming him as a future Balon D'or winner and player of the tournament because of two world class goals (the chip and the volley). It's a case of the Muntari effect, where people overrate a player whose job isn't to score goals after they score an amazing goal...

As an actual playmaker or number 10, again his vision and decision making skills have been consistently disappointing and he has yet to truly dominate a game despite the sub par opposition he's faced (with all due respect to Group C and Uruguay).

Don't get me wrong, he's a fantastic talent and a joy to watch, but I get the sense people are knee jerking just a tiny bit.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Now I've been jumping on the hype train because to be quite honest, I love jumping on hype trains and he's honestly impressed me a helluva lot- so I do want to hype him because he deserves it. I'm not even going to say you're wrong- what you're saying is that there is an overreaction...there is, these things happen on GL.

However, I don't understand the part where you say his vision and decision making skills have been disappointing (consistently, you say as well). His decision making has been fantastic even when he's not in an attacking position. He doesn't over do it nor does he play too safe, he realizes when to be simple and when to play the pass. His vision as well has been praise worthy, particularly his two assists against Japan. As for dominating, a man of the match performance in nearly all the games he's played so far (in my opinion) certainly counts as dominating.

I've overrated him at times because it's fun, but right now I'm serious. Are you watching a different guy they DO call James?

Has easily been the best player in the World Cup so far for me. I didn't watch him at all for Monaco though so I won't comment on how good I think he really is in the grand spectrum of things and if he really ought to be moving to a team like Bayern Madrid or Barca.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:36 pm

farfan wrote:nobody is taking james out of monaco .

not only because it's not a selling club at the time , but i'm pretty sure he's more than happy with the  TAX FREE wages he's making there .

and lol at the football " fans " who watched  don't call me james for the first time tonight :facepalm:
Brah you can't judge on that.
I have absolutely no access to Ligue 1 football.
And i'm kinda in a bit of a busy moment in my life atm. So I can't watch all the WC games.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh and when I said Hames can't be compared to Özil in the slightest bit.
Well y'all know my opinion on Özil, so...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:20 pm

James started off slow at Monaco because he was out of shape and lazy.... he didn't even play the first 2 months. Ranieri kicked him into shape and got him to work hard. Since them, it's been lights out. Best player on Monaco with Toulalan even when Falcao was healthy.

You guys need to realize that Monaco are not going to sell him unless it's a ridiculous offer. Even then, it won't happen this summer. Falcao has a release clause and James does not. With CL coming and Falcao perhaps leaving for Madrid, Monaco aren't going to move James. They don't need the money obviously.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Dont watch Monaco...perhaps should start next season Razz So does this mean Monaco can really challenge PSG this season? And great that we will see them in the CL right?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:signing james would be one of the most ridiculous thing we could do this summer, zeal what are you saying lol, calm your tits mkay?

saying that we need "good players" is not true. We need players that fit into the idea of play that we currently so that it gets better.

The biggest issue for carlo in terms of balancing the team, was to make sure that CR lack of supportive play on the left doesnt ruin us in big games. So 2 formations have prevailed, 442 like we did vs barca, bayern or atletico where we have a wide man left that works with the fullback (isco, Di Maria and Bale did it); and 433 where the interior left is working with the fullback (isco, di maria again did it).

So i dont really see why there would be a need to sign a n10 like James, someone who is predominantly good behind the CF. it throws what we do completely out of balance. And we are talking about big game balance, not what we can in la liga trashing teams. there we can afford to play 4231 with CR doing no work out wide, that wont work in CL semis.

James is a nice lad, again, but not needed whatsoever.

All well and good but you should know by now that if Flo wants him we will try to get him.

I remember when everyone except a select few were saying Bale was going to mess up the "balance" and wouldn't fit btw lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:20 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Dont watch Monaco...perhaps should start next season Razz So does this mean Monaco can really challenge PSG this season? And great that we will see them in the CL right?
If Falcao stays, absolutely.  They have kids that nobody knows yet who are extremely talented like Kurzawa, Martial, Ocampos, Germain, Carrasco and Fabinho.  All these kids can really play (Fabinho has expecially shocked me since he was horrible until last season)
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Dont watch Monaco...perhaps should start next season Razz So does this mean Monaco can really challenge PSG this season? And great that we will see them in the CL right?
If Falcao stays, absolutely.  They have kids that nobody knows yet who are extremely talented like Kurzawa, Martial, Ocampos, Germain, Carrasco and Fabinho.  All these kids can really play (Fabinho has expecially shocked me since he was horrible until last season)

Castilla legend Fabinho Proud

A bit off topic but how do you see OM doing?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Zealous wrote:
All well and good but you should know by now that if Flo wants him we will try to get him.

I remember when everyone except a select few were saying Bale was going to mess up the "balance" and wouldn't fit btw lol
i dont even see how this relates to signing bale. And signing him literally messed up our balanced lol, we completely changed from the preceding season, di maria was ousted from the starting eleven at first, ozil sold, etc...

only now, we are CL winners, we have a winning formula and equilibrium that works. So going out of our way to mess that up again because James is having a good world cup is ridiculous.

Anyway, flo doesnt want him lol, and carlo is in charge of highlighting our points of interests. and from everything that filtered out, signing a n10 is far from what we are looking at. that's why guys like suarez and falcao are never coming to madrid.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

i dont even see how this relates to signing bale. And signing him literally messed up our balanced lol, we completely changed from the preceding season, di maria was ousted from the starting eleven at first, ozil sold, etc...

only now, we are CL winners, we have a winning formula and equilibrium that works. So going out of our way to mess that up again because James is having a good world cup is ridiculous.

Anyway, flo doesnt want him lol, and carlo is in charge of highlighting our points of interests. and from everything that filtered out, signing a n10 is far from what we are looking at. that's why guys like suarez and falcao are never coming to madrid.

I guess we'll have to wait and see then.

However from following Flo all these years I will be absolutely stunned if we don't at least approach Monaco in some way.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 pm

then be ready to be stunned...Laughing

that being said, marca or as will write about it i am sure. they finished up with suarez, and even though the club is leaking out we are not signing a CF falcao and suarez (cadena ser), AS still run the falcao story to death. still bs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 am

I was called insane and every other name in the book plus the whole "I must not know anything about football" phrase that likes to fly around these boards by certain fans for saying James Rodriguez is a better player and prospect than Jack Wilshere.

Oh yea, that was like almost 2 years ago. And for the people claiming they don't have time to watch the French league James has been on fire through WC qualifying for years now.

And as you can see on display COMNEBOL qualifying is some of the best football on the planet. There are games outside of Europe if some of you have not noticed.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:07 am

Monaco ain't letting go of him. Ligue 1 to do even better in CL now. Cool
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:35 am

two days later rofl

Spoiler:

predictable and boring.

james is not half the player di maria is, pathetic and comical journalism.

kroos + james + falcao combo Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:44 am

It's happening brah, Kroos will replace Khedira, Falcao will replace Benzema and James will replace di Maria. They will all come to Arsenal :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:52 am

Yes you will also get Sanchez, Urban.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:28 am

Forgot we already have the Belgian version of Hames. Proud
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:45 am

LeBron Hames Proud

Sign him up Flo ffs
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 am

should we call you LeSwagg Hames now? hmm
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 am

sportsczy wrote:

Cool, well definitely will try to watch them as much as possible this coming season Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next