BarrileteCosmico
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
35 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

'Muricans - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Muricans

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:06 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Neither. She found out she can make A LOT of money by saying and writing the most outrageous right wing nonsense and that's now what she's doing every day.
So she is a paid, professional troll? Interesting job choice.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:42 am

rwo power wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Neither. She found out she can make A LOT of money by saying and writing the most outrageous right wing nonsense and that's now what she's doing every day.
So she is a paid, professional troll? Interesting job choice.

That's exactly what she is. She makes MILLIONS selling books like "Why Liberals are stupid and destroy America", Volume 1-6.
I'm not saying she says the opposite of what she thinks, but still she found out that the more controversial, stupid and sledge-hammer she talks, the more she is financially rewarded. So it's an act, a performance, even if there's nothing different 'behind' the act.

There's quite a few people like that in the US right wing polit-entertainment field, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Coulter etc., they just have no incentive for temperation, modesty, thoughtfulness as they are incredibly successful by being dicks.
Because one main trait of the US right wingers is the way they disregard self-criticism and fetishize self-confidence.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:13 am

BartFargo wrote:I feel the need to apologize to the rest of the world for articles like that.  Sorry world.

(As unbelievable as that article is, I have encountered that mentality.  When I do it makes me even prouder when I am watching the "beautiful game.")

You REALLY do NOT have to apologize for that. Everyone should be capable of discerning that there might be insufferable people in all countries and that they don't speak for everyone else.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:55 am

How is she not locked up?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:40 pm

It's Ann Coulter ffs....she's one of the most despised women in the country and has been for over a decade.

She's honestly not even relevant anymore and hasn't been for quite a few years.

Hit pieces like this are nothing new from her. For those of you who have never heard of her, yes this is quite shocking, but for those of us who are acute followers of American Politics, we unfortunately aren't too surprised by this at all.

This is par for the course with American Ultra Conservatives. Anything the majority likes, they dislike. Simple as that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:08 pm

I'm actually more shocked that she can actually earn loads of money by publicly flounting utter stupidity. In German, we have a nice saying/expletive (?) in cases where stupid people fall for stupid things: "Herr, lass Hirn vom Himmel regnen!" (= "Lord, let it rain brains from the Heavens!")
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:17 pm

rwo power wrote:I'm actually more shocked that she can actually earn loads of money by publicly flounting utter stupidity. In German, we have a nice saying/expletive (?) in cases where stupid people fall for stupid things: "Herr, lass Hirn vom Himmel regnen!" (= "Lord, let it rain brains from the Heavens!")

It's not brainless, it's calculated.
There's a industry behind it, that likes to live in a self-congratulatory echo chamber and likes to push the buttons of a certain audience over and over again. There is easy money to be made.
But as McLewis says this isn't taken 'seriously' as part of a national discussion or anything as it's tired same old, although it is 'seriously' influential in a certain niche that Republican party candidates seemingly cannot afford to ignore.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Well, calculated or not - the content itself *is* stupid, and my comment is more about the people who buy it, and there have to be as otherwise this stuff wouldn't sell.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:38 pm

That's the sad reality though. There will be a very small minority of folks who will take her words as gospel and will believe them.

Thank goodness they are a small minority though. Americans in general are pretty accepting people and as we've seen with all the coverage US Soccer is getting, there have never been more people interested in the game than now.

Nothing Ann Coulter can do about that and she probably knows it. As Hans said, she's in it for the money and has absolutely no scruples about who doesn't like her or what she has to say.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:15 pm

We have specific 'anti-soccer' journalists in Australia. They are usually die hard AFL (Australian Football), rugby or cricket supporters who feel threatened by the increasing popularity of soccer. It's not a coincidence that they are also all Anglo-Australian right-wing nutcases who have a phobia of anything foreign and almost exclusively work for newspapers run by Rupert Murdoch. They have little to no knowledge of the history of the sport or the rules of the game, yet obviously think themselves qualified to condemn the game as 'boring', the popularity of the game as 'struggling' and the supporters as 'UnAustralian'. Fortunately, only idiots read their columns (although idiots are plentiful). The rest of us see this pathetic, self-indulgent, xenophobic, obnoxious 'journalism' for the steaming pile of shite it really is.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:11 pm

only good thing about America being in the world cup is the cheesy support they receive from their celebs  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:21 pm

People in this country really piss me off. You can't even celebrate or be happy about the US team. People have to knock it or other people who are happy and enjoying the WC for whatever reason.

People are such asses. Apparently no one is allowed to enjoy something other people don't like. Weeaboo nerds constantly have to get in their jokes about how sports are dumb or whatever. So tired of it. Why can't people just let other people be exciting about something and not try to ruin it for other people. Just a bunch of miserable pessimistic fuds trying to drag everyone down with them.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

'Muricans - Page 4 Empty Why I like soccer . . .

Post by BartFargo Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:04 am

My reply to Ann Coulter and why I enjoy the "beautiful game":
====================================================
- Soccer can be played by normal sized people. You don't have to be a steroid-injected, bulked-up load. In fact, those body types wouldn't last five minutes on the pitch. Some of the greatest soccer players in the world have even been a bit on the small size.

- Players on a soccer team are pretty much interchangeable. An American football lineman would be dead from a heart attack after running one length of the pitch and would be completely ineffective during that very short time.

- Play flows for the entire two halves with no time for TV to insert commercials every 10 minutes. The match is not broken up into 200 different 30-second bursts of activity. Except for the timeouts, only basketabll and hockey come close to the game flow of soccer.

- Soccer is truly a world sport. The word "World" in World Cup really means something.

- Matches (where draws are allowed and with a few stoppage minutes for each half) last almost exactly 1 hour and 50 munutes. Not 3-4 hours like football and baseball games can.

- Half time is only 15 minutes -- a perfect amount of time -- not too damn long.

- The play is exciting. People who don't see this aren't looking.

- There is some violence in soccer but it isn't the norm. Hockey fans expect fights and so the refs tolerate it. In American football many times the violence is intentional and very much appreciated by the fans.

BartFargo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:27 am

she has to be a Republican lol because there is to much ignorance and stupidity not to be
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:54 am

While Coulter certainly is writing this article with the express intention of generating attention, the article does remind us that while footballing IS growing in the US there are still very ardent, very vocal opponents. And while Ann Coulter does fall somewhere between a joke character and simply irrelevant to most Americans, some of the other voices do carry some weight... in particular a few of ESPN's own show hosts continue to wave the "soccer is unAmerican" flag.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:14 am

Well, it looks as it even in the highest echelons of the US, soccer is catching on. Very Happy

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/obama-watches-u-s-germany-world-cup-match-air-force-n141821
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:37 pm

B-Mac wrote:she has to be a Republican lol because there is to much ignorance and stupidity not to be

Aside from her obvious ignorance, why does her being Republican automatically question her intelligence or aptitude?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Even worse are the people who say its "Un-American" to lose and still make it to the next round :facepalm:

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by BartFargo Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:12 pm

Living close to the Mexican border makes for a lot of excitement at World Cup time. In fact, I root for Mexico and the US -- unless they play each other -- then it's USA all the way. And any other CONCOCAF team. We did pretty good this year: 3 of 4 teams making it to the knockout stage. I actually have three teams to root for.

BartFargo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:50 am

Arquitescu wrote:
B-Mac wrote:she has to be a Republican lol because there is to much ignorance and stupidity not to be

Aside from her obvious ignorance, why does her being Republican automatically question her intelligence or aptitude?

Well, extreme conservatism (and in the modern age Republicans are trending definitively toward the extreme elements) does have a statistically verified tie to lower IQs than the opposing liberal side of the spectrum. And having a higher IQ rating does in turn directly correlate with having an aptitude for writing and covering news.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:56 am

Is it possible to contract a terminal illness from reading an article

That *bleep* clueless idiot definitely damaged me with that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:21 am

RedOranje wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

Well, extreme conservatism (and in the modern age Republicans are trending definitively toward the extreme elements) does have a statistically verified tie to lower IQs than the opposing liberal side of the spectrum. And having a higher IQ rating does in turn directly correlate with having an aptitude for writing and covering news.

took the words right out of my mouth :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:06 am

At my job everyone hates soccer. All year long all they talk about is how the NFL and NBA are the real sports and bla bla

Now the World Cup comes around and they are 100% into team USA. Yet they can't name anybody other than Dempsey and when asked they can't even name what team he plays for. Some of them said somewhere in England lol. The worse is when they try to break down tactically a match, when it's painfully obvious they don't know what they are talking about

And some of them give me shit cause on casual Friday I've been wearing a Mexico jersey and I am quick to say they are the only team I am supporting. "How come you don't support the USA?! You live here!". I'm like, A) you don't even like the sport, lets be real here. As soon as Team USA gets outed you will go right back to not watching it for another 4 years unless they do good in random tournament. So don't try and tell me who I should or shouldn't root for when you can't even name the players on your team. And B) I AM Mexican. Just cause I live here, does not mean I'm not Mexican. How close minded are people to just assume I am the same as them. All though I do point out to them I am not rooting against USA, as I am enjoying watching the Concacaf teams advance, it's awesome.

Just pointing out how ignorant people are at the company I work for (which is big company here in Texas). I do not think all team USA supporters are this way, just the people I interact with at work

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:18 am

Every supporter has to start somewhere. Rather than getting angry, criticising them, or making fun of them for showing support during the WC, why not try to encourage them to follow the sport at club level or inform them about clubs/other international tournaments?

And there's really no rule against supporting multiple national teams (despite what some on the forums would have you believe)... you can have multiple nationalities through lineage and residence, so it's perfectly legitimate to support the teams you have connections with.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:19 am

@windkick

Poor you Sad The people I'm working with fortunately are all football fans, even though we have a wild mix of Dortmund, Bayern, Duisburg and RWO supporters. And the boss of the company is a die-hard Schalke fan. XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:14 am

I only support two NT and they are Colombia and USA :bow:

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team