RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by 6unner Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Just relax and wait until the 10th. We will not know anything more until after then

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:22 pm

He's called ballsbag for a reason. Meanwhile RAC1 reckon Suarez deal won't include Sanchez, explains his Arsenal preference.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-hold-productive-talks-7362550

The ECHO understands that securing the services of Sanchez isn't a deal breaker in the Suarez negotiations.

This might just happen if we don't dwell too much.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Not surprised if we have bid less than the other clubs. That's the Arsenal way. We won't overpay for him and should get him for the price he is worth. Not to mention with Money that Barcelona owe us, we obviously would try to level it all out.

In any case, I don't know how legitimate the Sanchez rumours are tbh. I hope there is something in it because he is a World Class player and any team would love to have him. But there is no doubt other clubs will be right in there to get him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:47 pm

According to this report in the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/02/luis-suarez-liverpool-barcelona-70m?CMP=twt_gu

Liverpool are waiting on Sanchez to decide where he wants to go before continuing negotiations.

So just to summarize: if Sanchez decides to join Liverpool, they'll go ahead with a cash+player deal for Suarez. If he doesn't, Barcelona will pay straight cash. Liverpool would accept either.

If that's the case, then it's down to us to convince the player to join, and then take it from there.

With the way things are going, though, there'll be more contradicting reports tomorrow.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:55 pm

David Anderson of Mirror on Twitter

-Suarez is set to join Barcelona after today's positive talks with Liverpool. Barca accept there will be no cut-price deal. Will pay £60m+.
-Sanchez was discussed and both clubs want to include him in the deal. He prefers a move to Arsenal. Suarez deal will go ahead regardless.
-Further talks are expected in days and Suarez's move to Barcelona could be done as early as next week. Liverpool are holding out for £75m.
-Deal could be done quickly because Liverpool, Barca and Suarez want a speedy conclusion.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Southampton are reluctant to let any other players leave this summer, Sky sources understand.

Hmm will be difficult to get Schneiderlin. But every player has a price. Depends how much Arsene values him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 pm

As Jay said before, here comes the contradictory reports. Unfortunately by very reliable(For Arsenal anyways) Jeremy Wilson

Liverpool, however, have been given no indication Sánchez would snub Merseyside and obtaining his services was an essential element of what were described as “productive and realistic” preliminary negotiations over Suárez’s sale to Barcelona on Wednesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10941515/Arsenal-try-to-hijack-Liverpools-signing-of-Chile-and-Barcelona-striker-Alexis-Sanchez.html

That article is from this afternoon but has been since updated.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Remember Ornstein:

"@bbcsport_david: Arsenal may also sign a defensive midfielder if right deal available, but not in market for another attacking midfielder #bbcsportsday #afc"

So we can rule out Schneiderlin and every other decent DM available.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Basically, there's still a lot to be done for us to get Sanchez. Not only does Wenger have to convince him we're a better choice than anyone else, but we've got to agree a fee with Barcelona, too, and you know what we're like when it comes to transfer fees.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm expecting us to sign Ba & Diame on deadline day at this rate :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:40 pm

The only Caveat to you signing Alexis is this:
-he is not really a left sided player, since i am assuming that's where he will be playing if he moves to you guys. So it will be interesting to see how that works out.
-Someone made a comment about Alexis being a support player in that he is better when he playmakes and tries to play others through. His off the ball game isnt as good and obviously that's something he improved at barca, but then again, we will have to see.

the same bottom line still applies tho, without a lethal forward this will all be for nothing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:Depends how much Arsene values him

probs £4.23m
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Our front line isn't that rigid so which side he would play on wouldn't make too much difference. Inevitably, he'd end up coming into a central area. All of our wide players do, even Walcott.

He could, basically, just assume Cazorla's role in the team, only add that ability to run at players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:59 pm

@francoispinet 21m
Plusieurs sources confirment que #Sanchez et Arsenal sont d'accord. Reste à convaincre le Barça. Une première offre à été transmise.#Arsenal

Translation:

Several sources confirm that #Sanchez and Arsenal are in agreement. It remains to convince Barca. A first offers passed summer.#Arsenal

Nothing new then. Conflicting reports.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:07 am

such a depressing world that it feels Schneiderlin is the only DM option btw  Neutral 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:16 am

He would still improve our midfield tbh.

I like Gustavo after seeing him in the WC but he might be too expensive.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:35 am

RealGunner wrote:Southampton are reluctant to let any other players leave this summer, Sky sources understand.

Hmm will be difficult to get Schneiderlin. But every player has a price. Depends how much Arsene values him

Substantially less than many other teams.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:42 am

Yep
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:54 am

Sanchez stuff coming from Catalan sources, too:

@barcastuff: AFC offer 25M for Alexis, w/ whom they have personal deal. LFC value him 30-35M as part of Suarez deal [catradio]

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:55 am

Sina.. Why are we necessarily resigned to Schneiderlin?

Khedira and Luiz Gustavo are still possibilities no?

Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:14 am

I know I've said this before, but I still don't totally understand Khedira as the defensive midfield option we've all been waiting for.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player. His physicality and energy would certainly be welcome. But he's not the type to sit in front of the back four, keep things calm, keep things moving ... aka the Arteta role in the last few seasons, which in my opinion is truly what needs to be replaced as noble Arteta's aging legs become a liability. So, hypothetically, if Khedira were to sign with Arsenal, he might do well but within a few months a lot of fans would still be calling for Arsene's head because we lack a "proper" defensive midfielder.

(But to pick up on Peccadillo's suggestions, I am all for Luiz Gustavo as an option; I think he has more of those deep, disciplined capabilities ...)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:04 am

I agree that Luiz Gustavo is more ideal than Khedira.

But I don't think you can say a certain type of defensive midfielder is what we need, since the Gilberto days that position has always been slightly make-shift.. Arteta was hardly the perfect anchor, he had defensive weaknesses, poor in the air, lacked physical presence that is needed for PL DM's.

Khedira on the other has does have a physical presence, machine in aerial battles which we have really lacked in midfield, strong work rate and German too! From what I've seen his recovery is also strong, we don't necessarily need a disciplined Gilberto/Gustavo DM.

I would be very happy with Khedira personally, despite his weaknesses, he gets a lot of unfair criticism in my eyes.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 am

Arteta wasn't naturally a DM but he had enough of the qualities (and toughness) to adapt there and make it work for two seasons or so. This past year we saw him falling short more often than any of us would like. But the reasons he did all right as a DM were due to his technique, intelligence, and composure ... plus he's pretty damn tough and unafraid of a tackle, despite not being a physical beast at all ... he gave the midfield a lot of calmness, when post-Cesc there wasn't a ton of that going around in the squad. I agree with you about Khedira's qualities, I just think that the stuff Arteta brings (or is supposed to bring) to the midfield are the qualities that should be prioritized in a replacement. Just my two cents.

Changing gears a bit. What might be some other DM options who are flying under the radar? I have a feeling that Southampton will keep hold of Schneiderlin this summer, barring crazy money, and that otherwise the only "name" signing Wenger would make in this position would be a Bender brother.

But maybe somebody else will be promising to Wenger ... I just did a little note-checking and online scouting and came up with some names, just for fun:

Daley Blind (Ajax) - a left-back or a defensive midfielder, guy's had a Ramsey-like revival at his club, and he's just entering his mature stage. You've all seen him playing for the Netherlands recently. 24 yrs old. (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/70033/Show/Daley-Blind)

Adrien Rabiot (PSG) - very young, and maybe not developing into as much of a defensive type, but he's been linked with Arsenal a lot in the past couple years. He's tall. (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/116609/Show/Adrien-Rabiot)

Roman Neustädter (Schalke) - never really singled this guy out to pay specific attention to him in the Schalke matches I've watched, but I saw his stats recently: guy's a real solid competitor with terrific passing, tackling, and interception. 6'3", 26 years old. German, has a couple of caps. Like a Schneiderlin of the Bundesliga (and thus considerably less expensive)? (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/43393/)

Grégory Sertic (Bordeaux) - Seems like he's a good distributor and can play almost all along the spine, in a pinch. 24 years old, French. (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/44883)

Idrissa Gueye (Lille) -5'9", 24 yrs, Senegalese.
(http://www.whoscored.com/Players/80464)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:21 am

why do you have a lot of money and you want to sign players under the radar aka not good enough?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:48 am

l don't get it either.

We just sold Vela for 20m. Puma kit deal just started, combined with refreshed Emirates deal, nobody makes more off of kits in england..No more stadium debts, and the most expensive tickets in the world.

Our needs are glaring and obvious. Sign a top quality 9 and a %&$#ing class Defensive midfielder already.

Sanchez, great.. but he is a luxury. l want him in addition to big upgrades in needed areas, not at the cost of it.

lf all we do is sign him plus Diame, remy and midtable club bench warmers l swear ughghhhh.. Just get the players we actually need.

We have the money ..we don't need to replace anyone this isn't rocket science. What is the bleepin' hold up.

Manchester United just spent 30m on a 19 year old left back ffs. lf they go right back up and finish above us next season lm going to jump off a bridge. Yeah its excessive.. But they viewed him as a player that would help upgrade the quality of an area of need, and they said damn the cost, and got him. We need to do that. lf we are serious about winning we should be spending 70-90m this window. Theres no reason as to why the club can't either. The money is there. We don't need to do that every window.. but we still have never replaced certain players that left, and that, plus our depth NEED to be addressed. Just splurge this one time Wenger. lts necessary this time around.

Maybe its early to be frustrated.. but a lot of things lm hearing just make me feel like we aren't going to address what is actually needed to push us over the edge. Our competition all seem to be making the big moves and improving in lacking areas, when we just sit back and do weirdly conservative nonsense.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next