danyjr
Robespierre
BarrileteCosmico
71 posters

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Go down

La Selección Argentina V.2 - Page 11 Empty Re: La Selección Argentina V.2

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 pm

We didn't even deserve to be in the final, yet we played against a rubbish Germany side and we made them look okay.

Messi and his cocksucking crew of Sabella and co need to go. I felt sorry for Argentina players for having to play the extra time with 10 men.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:12 pm

danyjr wrote:We didn't even deserve to be in the final, yet we played against a rubbish Germany side and we made them look okay.

Messi and his cocksucking crew of Sabella and co need to go. I felt sorry for Argentina players for having to play the extra time with 10 men.

Where do you think we should go from here? Any ideas for a coach replacement? change in players? Our defence was surprisingly solid especially in the knockout stages and I feel like Garay needs to go to a big club. I think it's safe to say that Rojo could be very good, among the best left backs at the tournament, and that's with Lahm involved. Biglia outperformed Gago and formed a great partnership with the lion mascherano who I hope can help us till he's like 35.

I also like Enzo who had some good moments. Messi needs to sort out whatever problem he has if he really wants to win anything with Argentina/ Barcelona. I don't think he was as bad you said he was though :/
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:49 pm

I agree, Enzo Pérez grew as the tournament went on. I wouldn't call him anything more than a decent midfielder but he was suited to his role and I concur that Biglia was wiping the floor with Gago with his performances. And Maschete, need I say more? What a boss.

I think we got better and better as the tournament went on and in my opinion, with di María and better finishing we would have easily won the final.

The way we played under Sabella was not one that I enjoyed a lot. Having said that it was extremely effective given the many average players we had, but we could have done with Tevez to bring some grit or Banega for his flair.

Anyway Sabella pissed me off by not inviting certain players or when he took Lavezzi off in the final when he had at least another 20 minutes in him and he was doing well, working hard down the left flank. And how he's still praising Messi when our captain did not run more than 20 meters in the whole extra time. But all in all he's been miles better than any coach we've had in the past 8 years so my guess is continuing with him would not be such a bad idea.

I don't think Messi was bad for an average player, but I know how good Messi can be and he hasn't been anything close to that in the past year. He has played far too many matches since Guardiola took over Barcelona and the last thing he needed was that undeserved golden ball (Robben, Mascherano, Müller, Neymar were much better). Right now he needs a bit of stick, for him to realise 10 men should not run their socks off for him to get glory. He wasn't like this before and something has happened, mentally or physically, that has turned him into a lazy stroller. This must end now.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:17 am

Loool @ that pic... there are reasons a coaches chooses a captain, partly sometimes in order to raise the performance of that player made captain im sure....

Mascherano really had a good WC, and its good to see him get the regonition. Messi just isnt the natural type, he can only lead by performing.

I wouldnt mind at all seeing Messi developing in an even more play maker role and leaving up front to others... but Messi himself as many said would need to improve other aspects of his game, like at least battling and press as he would no longer just be able to focus on attack... not in todays football style. Good example is Ozil who used to be lazy and look how hard hes working nowadays in order to compete with the elite.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:57 am

danyjr wrote: I felt sorry for Argentina players for having to play the extra time with 10 men.
Yes I agree, playing with Aguero was definitely playing with a man less :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:01 pm

BC why do you have this strange hate for Aguero.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:14 pm

I suppose I'm fixation on this because it was one of the things that could be controlled as opposed to those that can't (the misses).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:52 pm

BC who do you think should replace Sabella if/when he decides to leave? who are the young talents coming through that may have a chance for 2018?

Also does anybody know where the hell LM is? lol
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Someone is the top choice but I think he would be hesitant to accept a 4 year contract considering he is so young. I think we should try to keep Sabella, win the Copa América in the goddamn Chileans home and then a couple of options will open up again. If we want a counter attacking team Someone is good. If we want a possession one then maybe Sampaoli and Pekerman will leave their national teams by then, and Gareca is also worth a look.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Someone is the top choice but I think he would be hesitant to accept a 4 year contract considering he is so young. I think we should try to keep Sabella, win the Copa América in the goddamn Chileans home and then a couple of options will open up again. If we want a counter attacking team Someone is good. If we want a possession one then maybe Sampaoli and Pekerman will leave their national teams by then, and Gareca is also worth a look.

That's kind of obvious, isn't it? "Someone is the top choice" and "Someone is good at counter attacking"
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Pffft auto correct
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:11 pm

elitedam wrote:

That's kind of obvious, isn't it? "Someone is the top choice" and "Someone is good at counter attacking"

Lol pretty sure he meant Simeone. Though it's weird that he made the same mistake twice and didn't notice it hmm
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:13 pm

I haven't heard very much about Gareca until recently when his name has been floating around. Tata's has been as well. We'll see, Sabella didn't confirm that he was stepping down.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 pm

I'd say Simione only cause he knows how to gel a team to work hard when Attacking and Defending. Argentina's team is full of Work Horse players bar Messi atm but Simione can adapt a system to work in Messi's favor just like he does with Atletico. Other than that I also believe they should keep Sabella.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 pm

Gareca just signed for Palmeiras.

Lance are saying Tata has an agreement with AFA
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Ganso wrote:Gareca just signed for Palmeiras.

lool well....

Let's see 1) if this is true and 2) if it is, if he can really impose his type of game with a walking Messi
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Ganso wrote:Gareca just signed for Palmeiras.

Well if Lance says so...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Argentina is spoiled for top class coaches while we don't have a single good choice.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Football Enthusiast Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:32 am

Hi people!! This is my second post in Goal Legacy. Although FIFA WC ’14 is over but I am not sure that is it worthy enough to start a new thread regarding Argentine football so thought I’d post it in this thread to quench my curiosity.

As a kid I was directed towards Die Mannschaft as my father is a huge fan of them, but for some reason I liked Argentina football team when for the first time I watched a WC in ‘98 but I probably skipped most of the matches and I can remember almost nothing about that tournament. Later in WC ’02 La Albicelestes got eliminated in the group stage. In WC ’06 they had a pretty balanced team and they were playing good but they produced same result as WC ’98; and it was repeated in WC ’10 as well. But I never quit supporting them in WC. Although they became the runner-up in WC ‘14 but their WC quest hasn’t been quite convincing at least to me. I’d agree that they improved as the tournament progressed but still I think they could’ve done much better than this. They are seriously lacking something.

All the players such as Batistuta, Crespo, Riquelme, Aimar, Zanetti, Ayala, Milito, Sorin were pretty good performer for Argentina. But I liked only Mascherano and Lavezzi’s performance for Argentina in WC ’14. Romero also did well and their defense was alright but I still think it was kind of shaky. My query is does Argentina national football team lack good players who can play as a team rather than depending on just one extra ordinary player like Messi?

I’m not from Argentina but I probably have got some sort of attachment with La Albiceleste and that’s why I’m asking this. I am not a football tactics genius or match analyst and I certainly don’t know everything regarding football. Is there anyone who knows about Argentina football/have knowledge about Latin or overall international football scenario can tell me that is there any chance that Argentine national football team will improve at the point of being regarded as one of the bests within WC ’18 or WC ’22?
Football Enthusiast
Football Enthusiast
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:01 pm

We weren't that bad man Razz

We got to the final and were 8 minutes away from penalties. If Messi, Pipa or Palacio finished their goals I don't think anyone would have said that we were undeserved winners. We defended solidly and Garay, Rojo and Romero were amongst the best in the tournament. You don't have to like the way we played and that is understandable but I do t think you can say we played badly.

Where are you from Btw? And welcome cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Football Enthusiast Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:36 pm

I’m not saying that your team played bad, actually they performed well since round of sixteen but I expected majestic and exuberant performance from the whole team and this certainly doesn’t mean having goals galore in every match.

And yes anything could have happened in the final, alas Pipita, Palacio missed. I can’t blame Messi for not scoring any goal after the group stage; if he plays in WC ’18 then I hope Argentina will have an all around strong team who won’t wait for only a single player’s performance to score goals.

My query is mainly getting opinions/comments on how La Albiceleste will perform in future, what about the domestic football, youth academy in Argentina and how will the potential players for the national team successfully continue the legacy of Kempes, Maradona, Valdano, Caniggia, Batistuta, Riquelme etc.

I’m from Bangladesh, a country in Asia and thank you for replying.
Football Enthusiast
Football Enthusiast
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Just a question, where did this BS about Mascherano being Argentinas best player in the WC come from? Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. But he, and the entire defence, was awful in the first 3 games. The opposite team had very little of the ball, yet the few times that they had it they created chances. I mean, Iran had the better chances than Argentina when they played. As did Bosnia. And its not like his offensive prowess made up for his defensive display in the first games.

Mascherano and the defence improved against Belgium, and against Netherland and Germany it had become their strong point and by that time Mascherano was their best performer(although he should have recieved a 2nd yellow card against Germany). But that doesnt change the fact that Messi'influence was more consistent throughout the tournament.

Imo, the only player that you can make a case for being better than Messi in the Argentine team was Romero, who I thought would be a weakness for them rather than a strenght bwfore the WC..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 pm

harhar11 wrote:Just a question, where did this BS about Mascherano being Argentinas best player in the WC come from? Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. But he, and the entire defence, was awful in the first 3 games. The opposite team had very little of the ball, yet the few times that they had it they created chances. I mean, Iran had the better chances than Argentina when they played. As did Bosnia. And its not like his offensive prowess made up for his defensive display in the first games.

Mascherano and the defence improved against Belgium, and against Netherland and Germany it had become their strong point and by that time Mascherano was their best performer(although he should have recieved a 2nd yellow card against Germany). But that doesnt change the fact that Messi'influence was more consistent throughout the tournament.

Imo, the only player that you can make a case for being better than Messi in the Argentine team was Romero, who I thought would be a weakness for them rather than a strenght bwfore the WC..

You're right and the truth is that our defence really came to the fore when Sabella decided "feck this, I'm playing 4-4-2". Sure Mascherano bossed it after that, but playing a counterattacking 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-3 really helped to plug the holes. It may also have to do with the dropping of Federico Fernandez who was clearly playing shat in lieu of a more experienced Demichelis. Also the dropping of Gago for Biglia, and Aguero's injury forcing us to play Lavezzi.

So maybe it was 75% down to Sabella and 25% down to Mascherano
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:30 pm

^ thats what i think aswell. So I was curious where this bs about Mascherano being Argentinas best player throughout the torunament came from.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:15 am

Football Enthusiast wrote:I’m not saying that your team played bad, actually they performed well since round of sixteen but I expected majestic and exuberant performance from the whole team and this certainly doesn’t mean having goals galore in every match.

And yes anything could have happened in the final, alas Pipita, Palacio missed. I can’t blame Messi for not scoring any goal after the group stage; if he plays in WC ’18 then I hope Argentina will have an all around strong team who won’t wait for only a single player’s performance to score goals.

My query is mainly getting opinions/comments on how La Albiceleste will perform in future, what about the domestic football, youth academy in Argentina and how will the potential players for the national team successfully continue the legacy of Kempes, Maradona, Valdano, Caniggia, Batistuta, Riquelme etc.

I’m from Bangladesh, a country in Asia and thank you for replying.

Bangladesh cheers

This video made it around the Argentine press:

Crazy Laughing

Re future: I honestly think the generation of players is best at its prime now, our forwards will still be around but will be worse at 30 and no longer in their prime. There are promising players, but no obvious ones to fill our weaknesses (FBs, playmaking CMs). So while anything can happen in 4 years and some of the more promising players could develop really well, I think we will have a worse team.

Re Masche: It was after his last minute perfect tackle on Robben, that's when he became legend in Argentine eyes.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:15 am

^Tagliafico and Peruzzi for FB though BC hmm I thought they look promising. I agree on the playmaking CM though, we're dry on that. Lots of DMs and genuine CMs though fwiw.

We'll be using a counterattacking system for a long time lol
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next