matpol
rwo power
neuro11
The Franchise
Winter is Coming
34 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players - Page 4 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players

Post by billy_gr Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:19 am

Let's sell Sanchez Everybody!
Seems like good business

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players - Page 4 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:10 pm

billy_gr wrote:Let's sell Sanchez Everybody!
Seems like good business

yeah we can earn 60m selling him after wc bounce ...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Seems like good business

Meanwhile Pedro is missing shots 2 meters from the goal... Selling alexis would be beyond stupid after he finally turned up for us. I'm not sure Reus would be an improvement at all.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Seems like good business

Meanwhile Pedro is missing shots 2 meters from the goal... Selling alexis would be beyond stupid after he finally turned up for us. I'm not sure Reus would be an improvement at all.

Pedro should not even be compared with...but i do not find anything to be super motivated with Alexis's form for chile..its nothing new right?

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:48 pm

I think we sell Pedro and not Alexis. When asked about his future, Pedro has been very coy.

What do you guys think of Cuadardo? He's looked very lively vs Greece
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:57 pm

And on yesterdays match, Iniesta and Alba had good first halves and then everybody fell apart the second. I put blame on Del Bosque tbh.

A few things about Spain

1. Costa doesn't fit there style. And worse, hasn't played with the NT enough to even learn it. Llorente and Negredo had better scoring seasons than Villa and especially Torres, yet Del Bosque seems to be obsessed with trying to get the old Torres back. Torres shouldn't of been called up for the World Cup since 2010.

2. Javi Martinez should get a shot in the starting 11. They need his youth, strength and presence.

3. Once the Dutch scored the 2nd goal, Spain said *bleep* the tiki-taka and opened up to attack to get the lead back and Robben and Blind just abused them once all the spaces were open for them to run. Nobody talks about Blind, but he was fantastic

4. Both Ramos and Pique kept leaving a retarded amount of spaces open in the back. If Ramos wants to attack, he should be used as a RB again and have Javi play CB.

5. Iker is done. But like Torres, Del Bosque won't stop using him. It's too late now to try something new like give de Gea a shot at this point. Valdes should of been the guy this World Cup

6. The dutch are back. What a great squad, shed off the dead wood from the Euros and look fantastic even with Strootman not available. They look to be on a mission.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:28 pm

windkick wrote:What do you guys think of Cuadardo? He's looked very lively vs Greece
He played a RW, no one doubts his offensive contributions. Its the fact that he's being considered for a RB that scares most people here.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
windkick wrote:What do you guys think of Cuadardo? He's looked very lively vs Greece
He played a RW, no one doubts his offensive contributions. Its the fact that he's being considered for a RB that scares most people here.

He's a RWB for Fiorentina. Only reason he played in other positions was due to injury, which showcases his versatility.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:13 pm

What did you guys make of Zuniga's performance? We've been linked with him as well. And he's actually a RB. Couldn't watch the game myself. Was busy BBQ-ing. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:07 am

Cuadardo looked sharp and lively. very comfortable on the right wing job and played neat passes too. however i had been looking for whether he would be an improvement of Alexis ??? Clearly "No" to me....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:12 am

If we sell Pedro and get Cuardrado to rotate with Alexis that would make more sense.

If we sell Alexis and get Cuadrado to replace Alves then that would be so retarded. Which is what's likely going to happen.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:34 am

Xavi called on the Spain squad to take a long, hard look at themselves following the walloping at the hands of Holland: "We did everything wrong. The second half was a fiasco. We messed up big time".

"We have to put things right. They were able to catch us out on the break far too easily", the midfielder noted.

"We can't wait for Wednesday to come round. We're raring to react and show that this team is still hungry for success. We have to be positive", the Barça veteran added.

Will be interesting game against Chile for them.

I was surprised to see Uruguay result today 3-1 loss to Costa Rica.

Tomorrow Leo and Masche are in action.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:42 am

Even if Spain react the Dutch would have to flop big time not to qualify as 1st considering the GD will be in their favor. Which means that they see Brazil in the last 16, and no one wants to face Brazil at home.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:59 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Even if Spain react the Dutch would have to flop big time not to qualify as 1st considering the GD will be in their favor. Which means that they see Brazil in the last 16, and no one wants to face Brazil at home.

Well of course, but its better to get out of the group stages regardless of being first or second and being eliminated by Brazil (home team) in KO rounds, then getting eliminated within the group stages. Spain will be on their tip toes from here on out. If they get out of the group stages and manage a victory against Brazil it could be a huge boost for them.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:37 am

yeah...its still better to get eliminated by tournament favorite Brazil in next round than being knocked out at group stage...But whatever Xavi says, i find it difficult to believe right now that they can beat a motivated Chilean side. specially with VDB's bias choice of a specific group of players. I think pique will have a nightmare vs Alexis who is on fire and will get a high support from the majority in the stadium.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:52 am

Wasn't impressed by Arg performance a lot to be desired.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:00 am

They have a free ride to the semis though. Plenty of time to lose the stage fright and get in shape until then (Gago and Higuain in particular individually).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:12 am

Quarters could be tough. Portugal are not a bad team. But I agree plenty of time for Sabella to realize we're not going to get anywhere with the 5 man defense or Maxi as a CM.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:30 am

Our forward line all MOTM in their first matches:

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Tracking Our Players - Page 4 BqNdWGpCcAANBXr

Save to say that's the least of our concerns for next season.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:32 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Quarters could be tough. Portugal are not a bad team. But I agree plenty of time for Sabella to realize we're not going to get anywhere with the 5 man defense or Maxi as a CM.

If it keeps working for him he may not realize at all.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 am

He only used this formation because Gago and Higuain weren't fully fit IMO. Why would he change the formation that served them so well in the qualifiers all of a sudden?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:14 am

He sometimes used a 5 man defense in qualifiers. I think Sabella's style is more defensive but he has (grudignly) played more attacking because it fits the players he wants the most. But it's far from the style he likes, he has said: "I don't like playing punch per punch".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 am

Yea I think Argentina will be fine as long as they don't play with Maxi/5 man defense/Masch lone DM style they used today.

Notice things changed once Gago came in for Maxi. Higuain didn't really do shit but hard to blame him as he didn't really have time to do anything. Bosnia was very well organized and were causing problems. If Sabella realizes his mistake I think they will be fine. They practically have the luxury of using the group stage as friendly's lol.

Two key things happened tonight that are positives for Argentina

1. Messi scored. You could feel/see the relief of the weight on his shoulders come off as he cheered the goal. It's important for Argentina that he's not nervous and gets in a good rhythm. A motivated/focused Messi and Argentina's attack will only get better as the tournament goes on, not worse.

2. Argentina's fans. Wow! So far they have been the loudest, craziest bunch to arrive in Brazil for the World Cup. And they arrives in thousands it seems. Argentina will feel like they are playing at home in almost every game and that will benefit them big time. I got excited just seeing their passion on TV; I can only imagine how that motivates the players. The belief with the Argentinians that they can lift the Cup in Brazil is at an all time high and it's going to energize the players when the going gets tough.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 am

even if gago and higuain are not fit, that 5 men defense and no midfield tactic does not make any sense. mashcherano,maxi and di maria mid!!!...anyone on earth can recognize how non existent mid that can be. I don know what Bosnia usually play with but thought 3-6-1 against a 5-3-2 was simply a perfect very brave approach from their coach. we were lucky to score and not to concede in the first half, as simple as that.
in line with the title....cant believe we renewed Mashcherano. he is lucky he is still playing for two famous football teams....
Messi tried his best to score in the first half. I was pissed off with him trying so much, not to pass and go all by himself ending up loosing the ball. That changed in the bsecond half. he was lot more calm and created multiple chances for both di maria and aguero. I am sure it was due to huge pressure which is normal in the first game and hope he recovered it by now with that fantastic goal....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 am

I wish Banega was at his top form and made the team. I really like him as a player
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:55 am

whatever shape he is now in, Banega could easily make into this team. we dont have world class midfielders that we can easily leave banega at home. Maxi should never be used other than as supersub. with Gago not fit why sabella went in defensive mode, probably because Enzho(i din see him though) is alo not good defensively...the other midfielder probably will never see any mins in the entire WC. if we would take Banega with us atleast it would not harm the team, i believe

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next