What's the deal with Germany's lack of respect for Pep?

+7
rwo power
futbol
Mamad
Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Hapless_Hans
guest7
11 posters

Go down

What's the deal with Germany's lack of respect for Pep? Empty What's the deal with Germany's lack of respect for Pep?

Post by guest7 Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:23 am

In the recent articles in Germany concerning Tito's death (RIP) the german news articles seems to dub Tito as the tactical genius out of the two and seems to regard him as more "instrumental" to Barca's best years ever.

They don't seem to respect Pep's managerial qualities at all. They constantly criticize him and now they don't even see him as a better manager than Tito. Seems like none in Germany takes Pep's tactics seriously. Makes you wonder if the lockerroom in Bayern does then...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

What's the deal with Germany's lack of respect for Pep? Empty Re: What's the deal with Germany's lack of respect for Pep?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:32 am

Everything about that opening post is wrong
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

What's the deal with Germany's lack of respect for Pep? Empty Re: What's the deal with Germany's lack of respect for Pep?

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:36 am

This thread would be somewhat interesting if you actually posted a bunch of articles from German journalists who claim Tito was a better manager than Pep or showing a lack of respect for Pep, until then it's a baseless thread and there's nothing to discuss here.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:37 am

They like good football
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:38 am

Everything about that opening post is wrong

And everything about your sig.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:43 am

I don't know the articles but those who are butthurt are probably butthurt because they'd prefer a German coach and to keep German talents (Kroos) first and foremost. A Spanish coach playing a Spanish style with a Spanish favourite player (Thiago), leaving German talents on the bench (Müller, Götze) might rub some people the wrong way, especially in losing situations and when it doesn't prove as successful as Heynckes last season.

Having said that. From what I see in German news outlets most are still treating Pep like a rockstar and calling him the best coach in the world.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:17 pm

I guess the biggest fallacy is to put "media" (as you talk about news articles) and "respect" in one sentence in the first place. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:44 pm

It's not just this, I noticed this before too. I think Fusball is correct, they resent the fact that Bayern has a non German coach playing Spanish style football.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Based on what? I still see no quotes or articles...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Fußball wrote:I don't know the articles but those who are butthurt are probably butthurt because they'd prefer a German coach and to keep German talents (Kroos) first and foremost. A Spanish coach playing a Spanish style with a Spanish favourite player (Thiago), leaving German talents on the bench (Müller, Götze) might rub some people the wrong way, especially in losing situations and when it doesn't prove as successful as Heynckes last season.

Having said that. From what I see in German news outlets most are still treating Pep like a rockstar and calling him the best coach in the world.

Exactly. If anything there was a crazy amount of reverance toward Pep (Germans always looking for acknowlegement and affirmation, Pep coming to the BuLi was a big source of 'pride' etc bla bla).
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:08 pm

I saw an article before on Marca where they quoted a German newspaper about their thoughts on Tito. The article clearly showed more respect towards Tito's managerial abilities than Pep's.

Then you have Pep himself saying that they prefer counter attacking football over his football aswell. Clearly not respecting Pep's footballing philosophys.

But I do think Fussboll is right to an extend, but I can't help but feel that some also think Pep was a unnecessary change since they basically already had a great coach before (Heyneckes) that they could have stayed with. They changed a winning formula when they could have just stayed with it.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Real manage a narrow victory at home and instantly their fans start trolling.

Watch out. You're not through yet.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:28 pm

What's the deal with Germany's lack of respect for Pep? En-Alemania-alucinan-con-el-Bayern-y-hasta-comparan-a-Pep-Guardiola-con-Einstein

I think comparing him to Einstein is enough.  :coffee: 

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Real manage a narrow victory at home and instantly their fans start trolling.

We're through. Am I allowed to discuss this matter now? :coffee:

Watch Germany destroy Pep in the newspapers tommorow.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 am

Se7en wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Real manage a narrow victory at home and instantly their fans start trolling.

We're through. Am I allowed to discuss this matter now? :coffee:

Watch Germany destroy Pep in the newspapers tommorow.

Can you read German? If not, how you're going to watch it?

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:33 am

Se7en wrote:In the recent articles in Germany concerning Tito's death (RIP) the german news articles seems to dub Tito as the tactical genius out of the two and seems to regard him as more "instrumental" to Barca's best years ever.

They don't seem to respect Pep's managerial qualities at all. They constantly criticize him and now they don't even see him as a better manager than Tito. Seems like none in Germany takes Pep's tactics seriously. Makes you wonder if the lockerroom in Bayern does then...
http://www.goallegacy.net/t35522-guardiola-the-moyes-of-bundesliga

The irony here is astounding. Or it would be, if this thread wasn't simply your second attempt to take a (slightly more veiled) shot at Pep.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:27 am

Maybe they like seeing the ball actually move up the pitch, and not just sideways and backwards?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down