Jay29
Raptorgunner
mani88
Chumlum
Highburied
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it really lack of quality players?? Empty Is it really lack of quality players??

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:04 pm

When you consider our shit performances as a team?

You cant replace them all right?

I think Arsene Wenger has lost his touch tactically.

We cant defend, we cannot score lately.

I suspect, Wenger isnt doing a good job with his available players.

So, before we buy, it'd be better to fix some internal issues first.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Is it really lack of quality players?? Empty Re: Is it really lack of quality players??

Post by Chumlum Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm

I think that adding quality in depth is something the club needs to work on, and the sooner the better. Wenger's willingness to let certain players leave on loan, or his unwillingness to even put some players on the bench, indicates over a long period of time that he's lost trust in them to do the job required of them. So I'm all for a few signings.

But. I agree with your post and think you've hit the nail on the head. There's simply something "off" about the gameplay: way too many defensive mistakes, not enough fluidity in build-up play, generally poor crossing, and inconsistency with the extent of defensive pressing when the squad loses possession. Obviously the whole Premier League has made a mockery of defense the last couple seasons, but of all English sides with top-level aspirations Arsenal are the ones who seem to get the basics wrong more often than most. It becomes very predictable, and it feels like a lot of the players don't quite believe in this "style" either. I think it was Graeme Souness on Sky yesterday talking about how there are "two Arsenals - with the ball, and without it." But to be honest even this distinction is a few seasons too late. We only get occasional glimpses of that older Wenger-era "Arsenal with the ball." Nowadays, even some of the good performances have much more to do with simple organization, effort, and direct football than with a beautiful, champagne football.

I would be just as happy to see the infusion of a few new names in the staff, or simply hear about a boldly revised training regimen, as I would with a new signing.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is it really lack of quality players?? Empty Re: Is it really lack of quality players??

Post by mani88 Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:23 pm

We will have squid on the bench for next three matches. That says a lot about our depth.

But I do agree that Arsene has not evolved as much as Premier league have, I can say that because the old notion of pressing our midfield is working against us for a long time now. Nothing has been done in recent years to overcome that stuff that has cost us a lot of points. Not strengthening our aerial prowess both attacking and defending for a few seasons now. Not enough shots from outside the box (its not like Giroud, Podolski, Wilshere, Ramsey, Oxlade, Arteta, Cazorla cant shoot, surely they dont train that way). These are subtle changes that our recent players can easily adapt to but we have seen nothing so far.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 pm

The team has quality, but doesn’t have the depth to keep the quality players on their toes.

Its Wenger's job to fix this, and been 14 days and he is still looking for Top Top Top player fro under 10m.

Wenger is not looking to buy, he is looking to sell the next star, I am sure Fergi has called him about Jack, few more phone calls Jack will wear United shirt. :facepalm:

We make the same mistakes game after game and year after year, why cant Wenger see this? smoking

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm

I've been saying this for ages. The size and quality of the squad is one problem of many. While that can be solved by buying more and better players, those players can only be as good as the system allows them to be. If the system is already faulty it's unlikely new personnel is suddenly going to make it work and it's pretty clear we're playing with a faulty system and have no contingency plans.

The problems extend beyond tactics as well. If the players can't be motivated to play at their best every week then something is clearly wrong somewhere. Likewise, if the players respond poorly to tough situations and feel nervous playing in front of the home fans, again, there's a problem somewhere.

Ultimately, it's the responsibility of the manager to address these issues and I get the increasing feeling that he's not doing enough to do so. For example, defensive errors have been common place for several seasons now and Arsenal without the ball has always been average at best. Recently, we've seen evidence that our shape has gotten better but we don't press consistently; we only ever press when we seem to be in the mood to do so, which isn't good enough. Then there are the frequent lapses in concentration and poor marking at set-pieces.

Set-pieces is something we obviously don't do any work on. We don't defend them well at all and we certainly don't make the most of them offensively. Despite having adept free kick takers, the delivery is consistently poor and we have no real strategy other than to throw into the box and see what happens.

On the ball, there has been a clear stagnation. The movement of the players has steadily gotten worse season by season, as has our ability to retain possession. We don't play with any sense of urgency or intent any more. The manager hasn't done anything to change this; he's kept the same shape, the same players and the same style. The players we have right now are quite versatile and can play in different positions, so a different shape is a viable solution. It's baffling why we haven't tried this.

When you examine it all like this, it's hard to really support Wenger. Wenger, to me, seems like a man stuck in his ways a bit. His transfer policy has changed slightly but his methods of training the players and the tactics we use haven't changed when it's quite clear they need to. If he can't do it himself then he needs to get some coaches in that can: that's what guys like Steve Bould and Neil Banfield are there for.

Obviously our recruitment policy needs to be looked at as well but there's a lot of work to be done on this team and the longer we go without any of these problems being resolved, the more faith I lose in Arsene Wenger.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm

I think Arsenal has the depth, but not the top quality. In my opinion Arsenal is 2 9/10 players of challenging for the title.

A top midfielder (a dominating CM or a DM) and a lethal striker. Benzema and Xabi would do the job. Splash 45-50 millions on them and it is back to a competitive team for the title.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:39 pm

IMO

Sell : Podolski 10 , Santos 5 , Squillaci 5, Djourou 5 ,Gervinho 10(~30-35 m)

Buy: Zouma, Isco/Belhanda, buy a young, talented, versatile striker : Benzia !? and a great striker: Balo ?(under Wenger he will turn out to be a top player)

Szczesny
Sagna Verma Koscielny Gibbs
Wilshere Diaby
Cazorla Isco/Belhanda Ox
Balotelli
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I've been saying this for ages. The size and quality of the squad is one problem of many. While that can be solved by buying more and better players, those players can only be as good as the system allows them to be. If the system is already faulty it's unlikely new personnel is suddenly going to make it work and it's pretty clear we're playing with a faulty system and have no contingency plans.

The problems extend beyond tactics as well. If the players can't be motivated to play at their best every week then something is clearly wrong somewhere. Likewise, if the players respond poorly to tough situations and feel nervous playing in front of the home fans, again, there's a problem somewhere.

Ultimately, it's the responsibility of the manager to address these issues and I get the increasing feeling that he's not doing enough to do so. For example, defensive errors have been common place for several seasons now and Arsenal without the ball has always been average at best. Recently, we've seen evidence that our shape has gotten better but we don't press consistently; we only ever press when we seem to be in the mood to do so, which isn't good enough. Then there are the frequent lapses in concentration and poor marking at set-pieces.

Set-pieces is something we obviously don't do any work on. We don't defend them well at all and we certainly don't make the most of them offensively. Despite having adept free kick takers, the delivery is consistently poor and we have no real strategy other than to throw into the box and see what happens.

On the ball, there has been a clear stagnation. The movement of the players has steadily gotten worse season by season, as has our ability to retain possession. We don't play with any sense of urgency or intent any more. The manager hasn't done anything to change this; he's kept the same shape, the same players and the same style. The players we have right now are quite versatile and can play in different positions, so a different shape is a viable solution. It's baffling why we haven't tried this.

When you examine it all like this, it's hard to really support Wenger. Wenger, to me, seems like a man stuck in his ways a bit. His transfer policy has changed slightly but his methods of training the players and the tactics we use haven't changed when it's quite clear they need to. If he can't do it himself then he needs to get some coaches in that can: that's what guys like Steve Bould and Neil Banfield are there for.

Obviously our recruitment policy needs to be looked at as well but there's a lot of work to be done on this team and the longer we go without any of these problems being resolved, the more faith I lose in Arsene Wenger.

read the whole thing, and i agree with every single bit.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:13 pm

34 points after 21 games. :facepalm:

Cant wait for Wenger to change or gtfo.

Jay has better understanding than Wenger and he gets 7.5m a year. rofl

Everything for Wenger is a gamble, and he has been losing for years and wont change.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Jay

You finished what i started.

Very well written!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 pm

AnonymousFC ‏@AnonymousFC0

We have information on how Arsene Wenger runs Arsenal. It's a dictatorship. He needs to change or be changed. #AnonymousFC
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Players aren't motivated. they aren't disciplined for awful performances also.

I mean, how friggin AWFUL was santos when he was getting gametime a while back? Wenger kept playing him like it didn't even matter.. Until he swapped shirts with Van Persie. THEN he benched him. Which is completely ridiculous. Players should be held responsible for their performances, and I don't think that they are.

Nothing is done to also help players who have dipped in form. Like Santi. He needs a rest, or possibly to play in a different position because hes been useless lately. Try him on the right wing and see what happens. I think at malaga he scored more goals and got more assists playing there than he did playing anywhere else. But I don't think any of that will happen.

We just lack players, and we don't maximize players potential.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:34 points after 21 games. :facepalm:

Everything for Wenger is a gamble, and he has been losing for years and wont change.

Well lucky for you this is his last season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I've been saying this for ages. The size and quality of the squad is one problem of many. While that can be solved by buying more and better players, those players can only be as good as the system allows them to be. If the system is already faulty it's unlikely new personnel is suddenly going to make it work and it's pretty clear we're playing with a faulty system and have no contingency plans.

Agreed with everything you've written, great post!
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 pm

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Incompatibility of the talent imo.

If you're going to play Podolski and Giroud together, you need good overlapping fullbacks and an opposite winger that can cross... Arsenal have none of those.

If you were going to sell Song, you needed to get another physical B2B midfielder to back up an injury-prone Diaby... he didn't do that.

Per is slow. Kos and Vermaelen are very aggressive. It would make sense to bring in a tactically aware CB that can cover the deficiencies of his partner. All the CB pairings for Arsenal are flawed... again, Wenger didn't see it.

It's not about individuals only... it's about the team. This team doesn't fit together well. But you have to hand it to Wenger... despite the obvious flaws, he still has the team competing for a CL spot. Brilliant manager in that sense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 pm

It's down to various issue which coincidentally go right back to Wenger. The fact that Wenger has so much power is essentially the issue.

The Squad: this is a drum that has been beat repetitively for so many seasons now. Wenger made an embarrassing comment regarding players and gave that pathetic 'Messi' analogy - yeah, you all heard it. This to me, is a ploy by Wenger to have fans question themselves; It's almost an attempt at buying more time, as Wenger's (and the board) are fast running out of time and ideas. We have a lower net spend than Aston Villa (over the last 5 years or more), I think it was, yet Wenger preaches his rhetoric about needing quality - Yet he buy players who struggle o rise to the occasion.

Formation and Tactics: 4-3-3 has been his preferred choice of formation for the last 2 season - with this current season making the third. The problem is that we struggle to implement a real attempt at winning important games. Sometime we tease the fans with a few performances against lesser opposition, where we score 5. Then other time we get toyed with by the likes of Utd, Cty and Chelsea but Wenger will refrain from criticising the collective performance, instead talk crap about something completely the opposite. I feel we need to drop 4-3-3 as it's proving futile, at best. People say 4-3-3 is the best we can do as we don't have the personnel for a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2. Bizarrely, the 4-3-3 has you questioning whether we have 11 able bodies on the pitch and whether 60% of the team actually have any confidence in what's expected from them.

Team Selection: Wenger doesn't help himself by playing poor ol' Ramsey as a wide attacking player. Does anyone else find it strange that everyone will raise their eyebrows at the fact that Wenger will play Ramsey as a wide attacker, but Wenger, himself, think it's justifiable? Diaby coming in ahead of Ramsey and Coquelin in midfield against City was further proof of his inept tactically nous. Gervinho even making the bench - There are many more examples with the likes of Podolski, Walcott & Arteta..

As I've been saying lately: Wenger is completely out of ideas. He's coasting along, twiddling his fingers at break-neck speed because he doesn't know what to do. He'll seldom ask Bould for his opinion, and I can bet you that it will be the contrary to what Wenger was hoping. Wenger has had an amazing reign - no doubt. But guys and girls, all good things must come to an end. Whether we make top 4 or fall outside it, Wennger's time is up.

Last edited by SUPERCARTTS on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:34 points after 21 games. :facepalm:

Well lucky for you this is his last season.

I hope so. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:Incompatibility of the talent imo.

If you're going to play Podolski and Giroud together, you need good overlapping fullbacks and an opposite winger that can cross... Arsenal have none of those.

If you were going to sell Song, you needed to get another physical B2B midfielder to back up an injury-prone Diaby... he didn't do that.

Per is slow. Kos and Vermaelen are very aggressive. It would make sense to bring in a tactically aware CB that can cover the deficiencies of his partner. All the CB pairings for Arsenal are flawed... again, Wenger didn't see it.

It's not about individuals only... it's about the team. This team doesn't fit together well. But you have to hand it to Wenger... despite the obvious flaws, he still has the team competing for a CL spot. Brilliant manager in that sense.

When you realise that Wenger is the one largely responsible for recruiting, though, his performance this season and last doesn't look as good. A lot of Wenger apologists will argue that a lot of Arsenal's current predicament is down to influences outside of our control i.e. the sudden wealth of Chelsea and Man City and the "betrayal" of certain players.

However, our current state is, by and large, self inflicted. As you point out, we've brought in players that don't suit the way Wenger wants to play and Wenger has not adapted his system to suit those players. Podolski and Giroud have done pretty well, but you get the feeling they could be producing a lot more if we played to their strengths.

It's even more frustrating when you consider how well things started off this season. Three new players came in and it looked like we were going to strengthen properly this time, even with the inevitable big loss of van Perise. But then, Song gets moved on late in the window and we don't sign a replacement that can provide the same midfield presence and creativity as he did.

I would like to say that Wenger should be given time to get things right, but he's already had that time and he's proven that he won't resolve these issues.

Formation and Tactics: 4-3-3 has been his preferred choice of formation for the last 2 season - with this current season making the third. The problem is that we struggle to implement a real attempt at winning important games. Sometime we tease the fans with a few performances against lesser opposition, where we score 5. Then other time we get toyed with by the likes of Utd, Cty and Chelsea but Wenger will refrain from criticising the collective performance, instead talk crap about something completely the opposite. I feel we need to drop 4-3-3 as it's proving futile, at best. People say 4-3-3 is the best we can do as we don't have the personnel for a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2. Bizarrely, the 4-3-3 has you questioning whether we have 11 able bodies on the pitch and whether 60% of the team actually have any confidence in what's expected from them.

I'm all for a change-up in formation, though I do worry if 4-4-2, for example, would really get the best out of Jack Wilshere. I think Wilshere needs to play in a three in order to make those driving runs and influence the play without having to worry too much about defending; I don't believe he's at his best when he has to do a lot of defensive work.

Our current 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 can work if we change around the personnel a bit. We should move Cazorla away the centre, as he too often drifts out of games, and get someone physical in there to play with Arteta and Wilshere. Cazorla can add some creativity from the flanks. From there, it's just a matter of selecting the right personnel for the other wing spot and up front.

Team Selection: Wenger doesn't help himself by playing poor ol' Ramsey as a wide attacking player. Does anyone else find it strange that everyone will raise their eyebrows at the fact that Wenger will play Ramsey as a wide attacker, but Wenger, himself, think it's justifiable? Diaby coming in ahead of Ramsey and Coquelin in midfield against City was further proof of his inept tactically nous. Gervinho even making the bench - There are many more examples with the likes of Podolski, Walcott & Arteta..

Wenger has a thing for playing central players out wide. Supposedly, he feels they're vitally important in his way of playing and wants his players to understand the role. Fabregas, Diaby, Denilson, Rosicky, Nasri and now Ramsey have all played there.

That doesn't really justify the decision, of course. Wenger's tendency of playing players out of position has come back to bite us one too many times.

As I've been saying lately: Wenger is completely out of ideas. He's coasting along, twiddling his fingers at break-neck speed because he doesn't know what to do. He'll seldom ask Bould for his opinion, and I can bet you that it will be the contrary to what Wenger was hoping. Wenger has had an amazing reign - no doubt. But guys and girls, all good things must come to an end. Whether we make top 4 or fall outside it, Wennger's time is up.

I feel that this transfer window is the make or break window for him. If he signs no one, or doesn't make a necessary addition to the squad, and we fail to reach top four then he has to go. We can't afford to give him yet another summer to turn things around. The last few transfer windows have been poor; starting with the complete *bleep* in 11/12, the failure to sign anyone in the winter window that season (except for Henry on loan), the failure to sign enough players or the right players in the summer window just gone and our current inactivity in this winter window. He's had his chances and blew them. What evidence is there to suggest that this summer window would actually be a good one?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Simply put our current players do not fit the formation that Wenger is trying to run. Just can not really think of a formation that you could put the team in that would really play to our current strengths. Other than Schez for the mancs, Sagna, Wilshere (debateable), Artetta (maybe). Who on the team would actually start for one of the top 3 or anyone else in the top half of the table.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm all for a change-up in formation, though I do worry if 4-4-2, for example, would really get the best out of Jack Wilshere. I think Wilshere needs to play in a three in order to make those driving runs and influence the play without having to worry too much about defending; I don't believe he's at his best when he has to do a lot of defensive work.

Our current 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 can work if we change around the personnel a bit. We should move Cazorla away the centre, as he too often drifts out of games, and get someone physical in there to play with Arteta and Wilshere. Cazorla can add some creativity from the flanks. From there, it's just a matter of selecting the right personnel for the other wing spot and up front.

Fair point about Jack. To be honest, the thought of lumbering him with more defensive duties makes me wince as I can see the poor lad injuring himself. I only see 4-3-3 working once we sign able bodied people. It's so tiresome reading the team list only to see us use that irratating 4-3-3 to no avail. It's funny because with 3 more versatile players, we'll be able to do what Utd do - alter bewtween 4-4-2 and 4-3-3. I'd like to see a 4-3-1-2 - with jack literally playing behind Giroud and Walcott. And Cazorla-Arteta & someone like M'vila dealing with everything else. But personally that wont be happening anytime soon as that formation is NEVER used.

Wenger has a thing for playing central players out wide. Supposedly, he feels they're vitally important in his way of playing and wants his players to understand the role. Fabregas, Diaby, Denilson, Rosicky, Nasri and now Ramsey have all played there.

That doesn't really justify the decision, of course. Wenger's tendency of playing players out of position has come back to bite us one too many times.

Very true, and I actually forgot that. Perhaps when Wenger was doing that, teams were taken aback by it. Problem is that football and EPL football, for that matter, has evolved since then. Teams are simply identifying the "weak link", in their opinion, and shutting you down asap. Talk of Ramsey "covering Sagna" and all that malarky doesn't slide with the likes of Stoke and Everton. They'll just bombard the life out of the odd man out.

I feel that this transfer window is the make or break window for him. If he signs no one, or doesn't make a necessary addition to the squad, and we fail to reach top four then he has to go. We can't afford to give him yet another summer to turn things around. The last few transfer windows have been poor; starting with the complete *bleep* in 11/12, the failure to sign anyone in the winter window that season (except for Henry on loan), the failure to sign enough players or the right players in the summer window just gone and our current inactivity in this winter window. He's had his chances and blew them. What evidence is there to suggest that this summer window would actually be a good one?

I remember the season we signed Vermaelen - 2009/2010 - Wenger promised he'd invest and strengthen the team. He actually went on record too. Can you believe that we only signed Vermaelen, Galindo and Campbell - spending £8.5m and recouping £41m - and only God knows how we finished 3rd. It's things like that, that gives Wenger this false sense of security.

The next season we spent £12m and brought in Chamakh, Squid, Kos & Lehmann. Not going to bother with the kids we signed. Imagine that, we brought in an average striker on a free from France, a turd defender and a Ligue 2 defender - whose actually improved - but still, it's just corner cutting after corner cutting by Wenger. Posting profit like he's Warren Buffet; Yet spends like Ingvar Kamprad.

I still stand by the notion of Wenger reliquishing his position whether we finish in or out of the top 4.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 am

We know that Wenger is not the one to make sudden tactical changes like Mourinho or to put under pressure his 'children' like Fergie.. you cant expect a person or coach to have all the positives.. Wenger was immensively successful with his methods in the initial 8 years, and i dare say that he is still successful keeping us in the CL even with rise of moneybags Chelsea and City..
i always thought that the defensive errors we see repeating is a part of the beautiful offensive football we play.. so i dont mind us having them if we can play our beautiful possession game and dominate all other teams in the world like we were doing before last season..
the problems started last season when we started selling the key players needed for possession football and kept replacing them by average or players unsuitable to our style which has killed our game.. we lost Cesc, Nasri, RVP and Song.. key players on whom this style of play was build on.. Gervinho, Chamakh, Metskr, Podolski, Giroud, etc are not the players for our game.. Some of them may be decent or even good players but these guys dont suit our game.. only capable signings were Arteta, Cazorla, Benayoun on loan and may be Ox..
and this season as Wenger has already admitted has been a rebuild.. and our team is still confused or not committed to play a particular style.. how often we see us crossing to Walcott and passing to Giroud.. lol.. this makes the players look worse than they actually are.. and i feel the Bould impact has made things more confusing.. Our offensive game has been compromised and defensive errors persist.. and i dont think playing 4-4-2 will make things better.. even small teams play with lone strikers these days and will over run our midfield.. i dont find any team currently other than United, who has adopted this style since long, doing it successfully..
so we are rebuilding and we will see these problems for a while.. and the easy way will be to splash money and buy some specialist players.. by specialist, i dont mean world class but those who have a specific and decisive role in the team...

Last edited by Wilson37 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 am

''Is it really lack of quality players??''

Nope. It's because we keep selling our best players. Frickin' obvious if you ask me.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 am

Catastrophic timing also played its part tbf. I mean as soon as Fabregas and nasri left, traitor stayed fit, as soon as traitor stayed fit, wilshere got injured, before wilshere returned traitor left. The sad depressing truth is, even when we had top players, there wasn't a single season they all played together

Last edited by Diego Armando Maradona on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 am

Depth is overated. We won the treble with basically 13 players.

Arsenal problem is not depth, it's quality + injuries. Your physical coaches + Wenger don't know how to keep your players healty. See Fabregas or RVP as players who were being injured all the time at Emirates and are reasonably healthy outside.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next