Blue Barrett
DeletedUser#1
Kick
El Chelsea Fuerte
S
54 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chelsea Vs Paris Saint-Germain - Page 4 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Paris Saint-Germain

Post by M99 Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:01 pm

M99 wrote:Chelsea will advance by away goals. Think the tie will similarly play out to the Barca/PSG last year.

People are underrating PSG. There is no way this will be a walk in the park for Chelsea.

Bar the Barca/PSG part Molenation

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Vs Paris Saint-Germain - Page 4 Empty Re: Chelsea Vs Paris Saint-Germain

Post by crius73 Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Its why Ibra has to drop so deep in big games... because the rest of the midfield don't know how to impact the game beyond the half way line.

And his ability to almost become a 10 and get the ball from just beyond the half way line and into the attacking third was a clear miss.
IBRA is their most important player when it comes to through balls and final passes. But its not only the midfield that is the problem. Cavani lavezzi and Lucas all have pretty bad vision and passning skills.

crius73
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Arquitescu wrote:For a whole week now I've further and further envisaged the 2-0 comeback that I predict for Chelsea. Never have I see Jose so sure of a comeback and frequently I have seen even worse Chelsea teams worm themselves out of such situations.

Paris are an elite team yet lack the experience in the form of Blanc and their core squad in such situations as already Paris' style of play is an unfortunate measure of Chelsea to whom type of tactics they struggle against. Yet like Allegri's Milan twice or Napoli or any other team who come in from their home defending a lead in their oppositions' the large predicament of how to attack, when to defend or an overall cohesive plan is always their biggest enemy to which can result fatal unless a 3 goal lead is fashioned without that oh so crucial away goal.

Mourinho I am certain has taken a few tactical struts from the last game and will have a plan to which can thwart a potentially complacent Paris.

When the camera zooms into the start of play, the atmosphere shakes the PSG players more than it should and Chelsea play like they have nothing to lose; I wouldn't be surprised.

Expecting an early goal from Chelsea after a series of individual blunders by Paris followed by a goal late into the 2nd half, Paris won't score.

I hope to god that I am dead wrong. Why does this advantage of Paris look so nimble to what it actually is?

Not even gloating on my prediction. I've seen situations like this happen so many times that its sickening, and no less from Mourinho and Chelsea. Had the same feeling as I did vs Napoli as the worst predicament a manager can actually face is how to preserve the lead at the oppositions home in the 2nd tie. Paris and Blanc simply lacked the experience in these situations and it cost them dearly.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ibra v. Cahill... that went well last time Laughing

PSG midfield v Chelsea midfield Laughing

Wonder who PSG will draw in the semis....

Who indeed hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:For a whole week now I've further and further envisaged the 2-0 comeback that I predict for Chelsea. Never have I see Jose so sure of a comeback and frequently I have seen even worse Chelsea teams worm themselves out of such situations.

Paris are an elite team yet lack the experience in the form of Blanc and their core squad in such situations as already Paris' style of play is an unfortunate measure of Chelsea to whom type of tactics they struggle against. Yet like Allegri's Milan twice or Napoli or any other team who come in from their home defending a lead in their oppositions' the large predicament of how to attack, when to defend or an overall cohesive plan is always their biggest enemy to which can result fatal unless a 3 goal lead is fashioned without that oh so crucial away goal.

Mourinho I am certain has taken a few tactical struts from the last game and will have a plan to which can thwart a potentially complacent Paris.

When the camera zooms into the start of play, the atmosphere shakes the PSG players more than it should and Chelsea play like they have nothing to lose; I wouldn't be surprised.

Expecting an early goal from Chelsea after a series of individual blunders by Paris followed by a goal late into the 2nd half, Paris won't score.

I hope to god that I am dead wrong. Why does this advantage of Paris look so nimble to what it actually is?

Not even gloating on my prediction. I've seen situations like this happen so many times that its sickening, and no less from Mourinho and Chelsea. Had the same feeling as I did vs Napoli as the worst predicament a manager can actually face is how to preserve the lead at the oppositions home in the 2nd tie. Paris and Blanc simply lacked the experience in these situations and it cost them dearly.

Dat disguise hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:09 pm

crius73 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Its why Ibra has to drop so deep in big games... because the rest of the midfield don't know how to impact the game beyond the half way line.

And his ability to almost become a 10 and get the ball from just beyond the half way line and into the attacking third was a clear miss.
IBRA is their most important player when it comes to through balls and final passes. But its not only the midfield that is the problem. Cavani lavezzi and Lucas all have pretty bad vision and passning skills.

That's true.

I have never seen you before btw, welcome to the forum  Smile 
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Laurent Blanc bottled this hard. Parking the bus with 15 mins to go and inviting pressure at Stanford bridge  :facepalm:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 pm

PSG. :facepalm: 
Blanc. :facepalm: 
Cavani. :facepalm: 
Lucas. :facepalm: 

PSG deserved to go out for employing negative tactics against Chelsea. Chelsea was there for the taking and what does Blanc do? He removes an attacking player and puts another defender. Good riddance!

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:17 pm

EL Patron wrote:Laurent Blanc bottled this hard. Parking the bus with 15 mins to go and inviting pressure at Stanford bridge  :facepalm:

I think his tactics today were more responsible for the result than Mourinho's. I would have been understandable had Chelsea not had an away goal.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Verratti and Matuidi were both absolutely awful. They got dominated by a *bleep* CB. Even when Lampard went off Luiz was still controlling the game. They were even worse in the first leg but we failed to take advantage of the chances they gifted to us.

Mole is right.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Maybe Luiz is just a god, Gil? hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:22 pm

The problem of PSG is that they have no played 1 team all year that was able to pin them back like chelsea, so they never saw how average Verratti could be in that context and how limited Matuidi is. they will learn, but not surprised at all they are out.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Gil wrote:Verratti and Matuidi were both absolutely awful. They got dominated by a *bleep* CB. Even when Lampard went off Luiz was still controlling the game. They were even worse in the first leg but we failed to take advantage of the chances they gifted to us.

Mole is right.

You don't watch Paris so you do not know that their midfield is always dominated when they sit deep to defend a lead, all 3 of their midfielders not the type of players to suit those semantics at all.

And if Cavani buried his chance we wouldn't even be debating this.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Arq, we hit the post twice before we scored, if we had scored both of those we would have been easily through by the 60 minute mark. talking about wasted chances is just silly, Cavani didn't even hit the target.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:27 pm

5 - José Mourinho have now reached the Champions League semi-finals in the last five seasons.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:28 pm

lmao PSG so shit Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:5 - José Mourinho have now reached the Champions League semi-finals in the last five seasons.

5 - The amount of goals Pepcelona put past Moudrid's first classico
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Mourinho on Sky: "You always believe. It is part of our nature. You know how football is."

For the last couple of weeks on the Premier League title race: "We're out of it."
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:The problem of PSG is that they have no played 1 team all year that was able to pin them back like chelsea, so they never saw how average Verratti could be in that context and how limited Matuidi is. they will learn, but not surprised at all they are out.

I do agree, experience is the biggest factor here.

Anyway Chelsea deserved it on the night tbh, they were unlucky to not score in between the two goals.

But the midfield really struggled in both legs which would have helped PSG to create more over the 180 mins.

Oh well, always next year for them and Chelsea remain a threat.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:Mourinho on Sky: "You always believe. It is part of our nature. You know how football is."

For the last couple of weeks on the Premier League title race: "We're out of it."

I gotta say there is a lot of psychological advantage in both those quotes. For different reasons, of course.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 pm

jibers wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:5 - José Mourinho have now reached the Champions League semi-finals in the last five seasons.

5 - The amount of goals Pepcelona put past Moudrid's first classico

5 - the amount of goals Everton scored against Utd On SAF's final game.

Why are we shouting random facts?

OT: great stat, proves Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Imagine being Jose's wife, having to hear that shit ALL day, every day, 24/7, annually :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:34 pm

STAY MAD GL rofl

Where are the haters now? rofl

Where is sportszy ffs rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Lex wrote:Imagine being Jose's wife, having to hear that shit ALL day, every day, 24/7, annually :facepalm:

dat 8 figure income tho.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Mourinho says Eden Hazard has a calf injury. Suggests he'll be out for a "couple of weeks minimum".
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Lex wrote:Imagine being Jose's wife, having to hear that shit ALL day, every day, 24/7, annually :facepalm:

I highly doubt he goes home to talk about football with his wife.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next