McAgger
rwo power
DeletedUser#1
Raptorgunner
Art Morte
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

International Friendlies before Brazil 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: International Friendlies before Brazil 2014

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Surely if Barry is considered (not saying he will be, mind) it will be as back-up/competition to Gerrard in that deeper role. He's not played in a more attacking role in years. And will Lallana be considered for a central role or will Roy stick with his previous pattern of using him as a wide player?

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

International Friendlies before Brazil 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: International Friendlies before Brazil 2014

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:08 am

Saw the 2nd half of Spain game, they looked decent in attack for a change. Looked dangerous, even if Costa gave them nothing.

Pedro,Silva and Iniesta looked very bright and removing one of Alonso or Busquets is a pleasant sight for my eyes.

Italy offered little, especially in the area which would raise question marks, in between the lines.

If Spain want to play without one of the two (Busi, Alonso) then naturally that is the area you need to look at. Italy offered no threat, whereas the likes of Brazil, Germany and others certainly would.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:57 am

@Dani: 1st half was a different case as to where Italia caused us problems on the counter where Cecil continually ripped Alba while Osvaldo missed some guilty chances. It was not until Iniesta took control in the game in the 2nd half that España dominated possession as even then Pirlo's sensational ball by Osvaldo was missed again while Xabi cleared Immobile's ball off the line.

Point being it was a rubber friendly given Prandelli did not want it and never will choose to "show his hand" before World Cup hence the 3-0 loss to Russia directly before the Euros, C team of Italia in the 2nd half and change of semantics 3 times to experiment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Arquitescu wrote:@Dani: 1st half was a different case as to where Italia caused us problems on the counter where Cecil continually ripped Alba while Osvaldo missed some guilty chances. It was not until Iniesta took control in the game in the 2nd half that España dominated possession as even then Pirlo's sensational ball by Osvaldo was missed again while Xabi cleared Immobile's ball off the line.

Point being it was a rubber friendly given Prandelli did not want it and never will choose to "show his hand" before World Cup hence the 3-0 loss to Russia directly before the Euros, C team of Italia in the 2nd half and change of semantics 3 times to experiment.

And how surprising that is Laughing

Anyway, yeah, indeed I have no clue about the 1st half and I am not one to make concrete judgements about a team based on just one half (as it pertains to Italy that is, who I have not seen much of the last 12 months).

BTW, does anyone know who Charles Aranguiz is? Midfielder for Chile. I read good things and apperently those South American gold finders Udinese own him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:BTW, does anyone know who Charles Aranguiz is? Midfielder for Chile. I read good things and apperently those South American gold finders Udinese own him.
I saw him in the friendly Germany vs Chile, and he looked soso. Missed two really good chances, IIRC.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4