McAgger
rwo power
DeletedUser#1
Raptorgunner
Art Morte
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

International Friendlies before Brazil 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: International Friendlies before Brazil 2014

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:27 pm

vagi

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

International Friendlies before Brazil 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: International Friendlies before Brazil 2014

Post by Ganso Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Germany have been laughable, no idea how they havent been destroyed 4-1.

Argentina being crap as usual.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Sturridge 1-0. Finally cheers

Lallana at LW is fantastic. Really playing as well as he does for Southampton. Would start him next friendly(if there is)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Lallana is a wonderful little player

England have 3 more friendlies before the WC, btw
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Nice nice. Enough time to get the best team on paper.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Thiago Ruined Marchisio lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:50 pm

FT England 1-0 Denmark

Meh. A lot of work still to be done.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:MOTM performance by Ozil apparently. Germans pls confirm

I cannot confirm. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:53 pm

I don't know if I'm a little biased, but Sterling was MOTM for me. Always looking to get on the ball and go forward with it, to get something done.

Rooney and Wilshere were pretty disappointing...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Glad Sturridge scored. Agree on Sterling for MOTM.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Fußball wrote:

I cannot confirm. hmm

In fact he received boos from the crowd. lol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Wilshere was out of the game after that knock. No idea why he played for that long. Wasn't even running well. Rooney was piss poor.

Can't decide on the best player since there aren't any clear ones. Sterling, Gerrard, Lallana, Cahill and Sturridge played well. I'd give it to Lallana as he really changed the game after coming on.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:07 pm

No way. He did only 2 good thing the whole game, one of them being an absolutely gorgeous pass to Götze(?) who almost scored.  Rest of the game he, like most of the germans tbf, were pretty average..

Ganso wrote:Germany have been laughable, no idea how they havent been destroyed 4-1.

Argentina being crap as usual.

And we being s##t at finishing as a usual Sad

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:12 pm

I thought Gerrard's role was a big positive for England, playing the same role as for Liverpool, only getting a little higher up at times, but that was probably because Denmark were pretty bad apart from the accidental counter attack. If and probably when Gerrard will play the same role in Brazil, that's half of the team solved, back four with Gerrard in front of them and then some combination of attacking players in front of them.

Full-backs may be a bit of an issue, I'm not sure... none of them truly convinced me, actually Cole perhaps the most, although none were bad, either.

Sturridge should start and on this evidence Sterling, too, but Rooney really was disappointing. Way too stationary and no clever ideas or decisive attempts from him, either. England looked better with Welbeck up there with Sturridge than Rooney.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:19 pm

Art Morte wrote:I thought Gerrard's role was a big positive for England, playing the same role as for Liverpool, only getting a little higher up at times, but that was probably because Denmark were pretty bad apart from the accidental counter attack. If and probably when Gerrard will play the same role in Brazil, that's half of the team solved, back four with Gerrard in front of them and then some combination of attacking players in front of them.

Full-backs may be a bit of an issue, I'm not sure... none of them truly convinced me, actually Cole perhaps the most, although none were bad, either.

Sturridge should start and on this evidence Sterling, too, but Rooney really was disappointing. Way too stationary and no clever ideas or decisive attempts from him, either. England looked better with Welbeck up there with Sturridge than Rooney.

Agreed.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:34 pm

Spain are ridiculous. They actually look far better than they did in 2010. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:40 pm

From the reports I've seen, Sterling was voted MotM at the stadium. I didn't watch it myself though so can't comment on performances. Statistics suggested Henderson had a very solid performance as well, but as we all know statistics aren't everything.

Assuming Wilshere is fit and a lock to start ahead of Gerrard, who is in the running for the final midfield place? Barkley, Lampard, Henderson, Cleverley, and Lallana?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Awful from USA today. They looked flat, disinterested, fragmented and just soooo slow in everything they did. Lot of players played their way out of the WC squad today. Chief among them for me is Edgar Castillo. Dude should never be called up again after jogging back while Yarmalenko was putting Ukraine up 1-0.

I think Brooks looked really nervous and this WC is defo too soon for him. Gooch looked ok though at least.

Jones looked really lethargic and was central to how slow the midfield moved. Kjestan wasn't much better tbh though. Bedoya was rather good at least. Might've done enough to get in. Liked what I saw from Shea when he came in.

Up top, Jozy confirmed what we've known all season: He's jut not got any mojo atm. Obviously Johansson looked leagues better, but that tends to happen when you're scoring for fun in the Eredivisie. This just made me wish Jozy had stayed another year at AZ. The chemistry between these 2 could've been so much better if he had. Beyond that, Deuce was once again awful. Seattle have got to be sweating bullets by now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Ganso wrote:Germany have been laughable, no idea how they havent been destroyed 4-1.
That's because Manuel Neuer was the best German player on the pitch :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Good game from Spain. Passing seemed more fluid than usual and the pressing was ok too. They just need to press more consistently and more higher up the pitch. Thiago, Pedro, Iniesta, Alonso and Silva all performed impressively. The way Thiago plays, I can see him taking Xavi's spot. Thiago doesn't dictate like Xavi,  but with all the central players Spain have that might not be necessary. Instead he offers more all around the pitch, he's a better dribbler and a bit more agile.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:26 pm

If Löw just said "do what Pep tells you to do for Bayern" Germany would do infinitely better.

Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Kroos, Özil, Götze in midfield = 48 % possession. Löw. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:17 am

Was nice to see some good ol NT football Proud

Nerman :bow:

Argentina Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:01 am

Spain -Italy was a borefest.GK mistake decided the match which can be described as one of the most boring game of the night. Buffon shouldve used the legs to save that shot ,instead he tried to grab. Italy really needs GK competition.Thiago was pretty good , so was Iniesta..italy barely tested spain GK's though.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:05 am

Art Morte wrote:I thought Gerrard's role was a big positive for England, playing the same role as for Liverpool, only getting a little higher up at times, but that was probably because Denmark were pretty bad apart from the accidental counter attack. If and probably when Gerrard will play the same role in Brazil, that's half of the team solved, back four with Gerrard in front of them and then some combination of attacking players in front of them.

Gerrard has been playing that role since Euro12. He has gotten very good at it, specially with Rodgers playing him there too now. He is locked in that position.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:08 am

RedOranje wrote:From the reports I've seen, Sterling was voted MotM at the stadium.  I didn't watch it myself though so can't comment on performances.  Statistics suggested Henderson had a very solid performance as well, but as we all know statistics aren't everything.

Assuming Wilshere is fit and a lock to start ahead of Gerrard, who is in the running for the final midfield place? Barkley, Lampard, Henderson, Cleverley, and Lallana?

It will be a direct competition between Henderson, Barkley, Barry, Lallana, Milner and Cleverley.

Cleverley won't go, Barry has been great this season but not sure he will go either. Barkley won't go. It will come down to Henderson and Lallana. Unless Roy prefers Oxlade in CM rather than RW/LW. Then it will be those 3.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Surely if Barry is considered (not saying he will be, mind) it will be as back-up/competition to Gerrard in that deeper role. He's not played in a more attacking role in years. And will Lallana be considered for a central role or will Roy stick with his previous pattern of using him as a wide player?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next