Coaches going to the World Cup who you think shouldn't

+4
Kick
Arquitecto
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
8 posters

Go down

Coaches going to the World Cup who you think shouldn't Empty Coaches going to the World Cup who you think shouldn't

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:39 pm

I'll start with one.

Joachim Löw
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Coaches going to the World Cup who you think shouldn't Empty Re: Coaches going to the World Cup who you think shouldn't

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Woy Hodgson
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Coaches going to the World Cup who you think shouldn't Empty Re: Coaches going to the World Cup who you think shouldn't

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Igor Štimac
Paulo Bento
Oscar Tabarez
Roy Hodgson
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Woy is an obvious one. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Kick, provide me your thoughts on Ange Postecoglou, please.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:27 pm

From what I've seen, he is a good coach with a decent philosophy in terms of Aussie coaches. Actually, he's probably the best Australian coach but even then it's nothing compared to Europeans.

I also think he isn't going to be able to improve Australia much at this world cup and Australia will have to hang on to him long term if they wish to see success under him. He was fantastic at Brisbane roar but struggled to take Victory to the same heights.

Basically, he is a decent coach but he won't be pulling a Hiddink and making Australia rise above their level but I doubt he'll make them flop hopelessly either.

That said, I'm probably not the most well informed and would point you in the direction of Forza if you'd like an in depth answer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks, Kick.

Seems decent from his illustrious accomplishments in the Aussie league and would certainly have a better idea than his failure predecessor.

Will be watching Socceroos closely.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:35 pm

At the time of his appointment, he was the obvious choice unless they wanted to get another international coach in but after the failures of the last 2, they chose to bring him in instead.

Like I said, they have to look long term if they want to see results.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:20 am

Ange doesn't have the same quality of players with the NT he had with his Brisbane Roar side, especially with the injuries we've recently been hit with, Ange will have to change his style somewhat.

Plus we've been drawn in the worst possible group in a competition which will tactically be the biggest challenge of his career, which again will further prompt a somewhat change in his style of play. I don't think anyone is expecting much if him at the WC
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 am

I agree, fitty but I doubt he will fail Australia, I think he will do an admirable job considering.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 am

Kick wrote:I agree, fitty but I doubt he will fail Australia, I think he will do an admirable job considering.

Exactly, we won't get out of the group, but as long as we get respectable results against these big countries (see Brazil and France friendlies last year) then it will be a job well done. The Asian cup will be a big test for Ange though
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:27 am

fatman123 wrote:
Kick wrote:I agree, fitty but I doubt he will fail Australia, I think he will do an admirable job considering.

Exactly, we won't get out of the group, but as long as we get respectable results against these big countries (see Brazil and France friendlies last year) then it will be a job well done. The Asian cup will be a big test for Ange though

I get the feeling he will do well in the Asian cup, as long as his team is injury free.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:26 am

Arq great call on Tabarez. He's an old stubborn fool playing his outdated tactics. He single handedly gives Uruguay no chance of doing some damage.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:16 am

Miguel Herrera for Mexico will look like a dinosaur compared to his European counterparts.

He's better than his predecessor (De La Torre), but having no coach and just letting the players discuss tactics would've been a step up to how we were under de la Torre.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'll start with one.

Joachim Löw

This.
Should be Jürgen Klopp or Ottmar Hitzfeld or Jupp Heynckes.
To be honest, I'd even prefer Rudi Völler at this point. Thomas Tuchel or Ralf Rangnick might also be suitable choices.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Jupp Heynckes would be ideal.

Maybe he'll do it after the WC, to add some more belated glory to his pensioner's life.

Löw never managed to be successful at a decent level anywhere his whole career, as you said even Völler, who surely is no coaching genius, managed a better WC position with an insanely inferior squad.
We'll never win a WC/EC trophy with him.
How Löw is so admired and untouchable is completely beyond me, part of it maybe is because the senior demographics of the public television stations love him for his Roy Black hair.

He is however excellent at playing qualifying rounds, so maybe a deal could be struck that has Löw oversee the qualification phase, and then a top coach can come in for the tournament itself, lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm perfectly fine with what he does in training, and his squad building, though he has been lacking in cojones when retiring players, and I think he's overdoing his dislike of alpha males, but he's just plain bad at actual match tactics, with blatantly obvious mistakes against Spain in 2010 and Italy in 2012, which were both essentially the same mistake (trying to play it safe, thereby giving up all our biggest assets) - so I doubt he'll have learned from those mistakes. It just seems to suit his rather timid nature to refuse a gamble, and lose it all because he was unwilling to take a perceived risk.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Roy Hodgson has done what was asked of him. I don't see why people think he doesn't deserve to go given the shower of shite he has to pick a team from.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down