Do all coaches have an expiration date ?

5 posters

Go down

Do all coaches have an expiration date ? Empty Do all coaches have an expiration date ?

Post by Pedram Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 pm

"I have enjoyed my time here but I have spent many years in the world of football and I know that every coach has an expiration date. I sincerely hope that things will be different because this group of people deserve it."

Of course there are some exceptions like Wenger and Ferguson but most of successful coaches have been sacked after three or four years.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Do all coaches have an expiration date ? Empty Re: Do all coaches have an expiration date ?

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Yes and no.

Its very hard to reach the players mentally after years. Eventually they tune you out, eventually they cant listen to you anymore quite like they used it. It has happened and will happen in literally every sport.

Exceptions? They exist, but they often change the core of their players too so they get around the problem too.

So, its not an expiration date exactly but change has to happen one way or another.

Its another reason why you really have to give credit to groups of players and coaches who win things consecutively..its not easy.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do all coaches have an expiration date ? Empty Re: Do all coaches have an expiration date ?

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Wenger's expiration date has gone, yet he hasn't left yet for some reason.

In terms of a top club, if a coach isn't winning trophies and the team isn't performing, then the manager should be sacked.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Just like Man united should have sacked Fergie when he didn't win trophies for 6 years ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Doesnt make a lick of sense.

What is Arsenal supposed to win exactly?

They rightly dont give two hoots about the cups, I mean they will try for them but not a full out assault where they use their best 11 often, let alone consistently.

They dont have the players for the CL and since Henry, Vieira and co they havent. And they dont surprisingly well in it, if they had not faced Barca so many years they would of got even further.

The PL is the only realistic possibility, but in what years did anyone think before the season started they had a real chance to win it?

Dont get why people are so insistent on Wenger being sacked, who exactly is going to replace him and do better?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 pm

The fact that Theo freaking Walcott is our most influential player at the moment speaks a lot of our team.

While Wenger obviously has his flaws (which manager doesn't) at substitutions and defensive tactics, he still pretty much over achieved the last few seasons with the squad he had at his disposal.

We can only speculate about things that happen behind the scenes, but I don't think another manager would have done any better in these circumstances.

With our recent new commercial deals and whatnots I think we'll be up there with the best once again. :coffee:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:58 pm

I guess most of the Arsenal supporters are from pre 04 and they want to be winning trophies, not turn into an average side who are content with finishing in the top 4 every season.

They should really be saying 'we're happy with finishing in the top 4 due to our finances and our squad'. Instead they need to be showing that they want to win the league title. In order to do that there needs to be a shake up at the club.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum