LeVersacci
izzy
halamadrid2
Onyx
12 posters

Go down

Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion 150Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion 418

Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion.

Saturday 18th January.

H2H Past 2 League meetings:

Home: 18th August 2013 - Real Madrid 2-1 Real Betis

Home: 20th April 2013 - Real Madrid 3-1 Real Betis

Injuries/Suspensions:

Real Betis: Nono, Xavi Torres, Igiebor, Vadillo and Verdu.

Real Madrid: Varane and Khedira.

Real Betis last 3 league results:

Real Betis 1-2 Osasuna
Real Valladolid 0-0 Real Betis
Real Betis 0-1 Almeria

Real Betis Current league position: 20th.

1. Barcelona - 50 points
2. Atletico Madrid - 50 points
3. Real Madrid - 47 points
4. Athletic Bilbao - 36 points
--------------------------------
20. Real Betis - 11 points

Real Madrid players called up:

Goalkeepers:  Casillas, Diego Lopez and Jesus.
Defenders : Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo Carvajal, Arbeloa and Nacho.
Midfielders : Xabi Alonso, Bale, Modric, Casemiro, Di Maria, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards:  Cristiano Ronaldo , Benzema, Jese and Morata.

Real Madrid predicted lineup:

--------------Diego Lopez
---Carvajal--Pepe---Ramos---Marcelo
-------------Modric--Alonso-
-------Bale------Isco-----Ronaldo
---------------Benzema

Ancelotti pre match:

"All matches are tough, especially against teams who are struggling in the table. Real Betis are last at the moment and so will give everything they can because they need to change their pattern of results. Every match is good for them, especially against big teams like Real Madrid. I remember that they played very well against Barcelona at their place for the first 20 minutes. We have to be careful in this match, do our best and be very focused. We’ll have to play well like we have done in recent matches"

"The players are very experienced and know what football is like. We have to prepare well for every match, especially in this period of the season. We have to maintain our good run of recent results. The motivation for this match does not need to be explained, because the players already know. I don’t know about being in cruise control, as I said, we’ve started 2014 well but we need to keep it going. Every match is a test and I hope that tomorrow’s match goes well, because all matches are very important right now. Considering that we are playing every three days, people can’t think that we’re always going to play at full intensity. It is not straightforward playing every three days. It's tough preparing for matches, not so much physically as mentally".

Jesé is doing well. I don’t know about starting. I'll see tomorrow. I don’t think that it is important whether he starts, the important thing is that he is playing well. Whenever he has played in recent matches he has played well and that is the most important thing". About Morata’s future, he said "he has not asked to leave. I think he's happy here. Nothing has changed in the last few days. Morata is staying here because we need him". When asked about Casillas, who plays cup and Champions League matches but is not playing in La Liga, he said that "it is true that he has not played many matches but he has done very, very well in those that he has".

Prediction:

Real Betis 0-2 Real Madrid

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 4 times in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:04 pm

I think we will continue with the 4-3-3 tbh and it would be so cool if jese started again but I doubt it No

Real Betis as we know have been struggling this season so hopefully we take care of business and put pressure on Atleti and Barca who both play after us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: Real Betis vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by izzy Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:12 pm

The idiotic departure of Pepe Mel has left Betis is pieces, hopefully we take care of business.

I think Jese and Di Maria should start. CR7 should be on the bench.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Hope Jese starts aswell. CR on bench won't happen lol.

----Benz
CR-Jese-Bale

aka

CR-Benz
Jese-Bale
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm

izzy wrote:The idiotic departure of Pepe Mel has left Betis is pieces, hopefully we take care of business.

I think Jese and Di Maria should start. CR7 should be on the bench.

That's not gonna happen lol. But either of those two could actually start tomorrow. if we play a 4-3-3 then dimaria might get the nod and if we play a 4-2-3-1 Jese might get the nod either or it would definitely send a message to Isco that just because we bought him for alot doesn't mean he is an automatic starter and he has to work for it just like the rest
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:25 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:That's not gonna happen lol. But either of those two could actually start tomorrow. if we play a 4-3-3 then dimaria might get the nod and if we play a 4-2-3-1 Jese might get the nod either or it would definitely send a message to Isco that just because we bought him for alot doesn't mean he is an automatic starter and he has to work for it just like the rest

I know lol wishful thinking.

We shouldn't take any game for granted but Ancelotti needs to really start using the squad more and allow Jese, Di Maria, Morata (Inj right now) some consistent game time. Let them be fully integrated into a system so we aren't changing every game.

CR7 should really be on the bench though.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:36 pm

I agree with you

I don't think Carlo has found the right formation yet. he has been flipflopping between different ones lately so I wouldn't be surprised if we went for the 4-2-2-2 only to go back to the 4-3-3 again.

He needs to stick with one so that they could get used to eachother or else we are going to look very disjointed when shite hits the fan later on in the season. I think the formation and the player selection we see against Betis is the one Carlo has been satisfied with the most. Although things can still change up front with Bale looking alittle bit "not yet read after injury" lite and Benzema being Benzema. Ronaldo is fine imo as long as he plays furthest up from the start of the game aka doesn't abandon his LW role(if he plays there) leaving it open for counters
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:16 am

I want casimero to play,

____________Lopez
Carvajal___Pepe___Ramos___Marcelo
________Modric____Casimero
Bale________________________Jese
_______Ronaldo____Benzema

With Cr7 and jese alternating positions.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:03 pm

4-3-3 with bbc and dimaria as midfielder seem to work.

inb4, it's just a scrub team killer
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Diego Lopez; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Alonso, Modric; Di Maria, Bale, Cristiano; Benzema.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Defkingmagia.  :facepalm: 

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Cristiano  :bow: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:34 pm

great game. couldn't have asked for more

the 4-3-3 is looking good
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Nothing to take from this game. Betis are dead last at 20..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:03 pm

no Isco = best game played this season  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:59 pm

bottom of the table team beaten and best game of the season? Smile
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Nedved wrote:bottom of the table team beaten and best game of the season? Smile

In terms of aesthetics. We look way better when the Spaniard wasn't on the field. Still, Isco didn't impress against these kind of teams either.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Valkyrja wrote:In terms of aesthetics. We look way better when the Spaniard wasn't on the field. Still, Isco didn't impress against these kind of teams either.

Yeah, it's not like we played Galatasary and crushed them 1-6 with Isco being the best player on the pitch? Rolling Eyes 

But yeah, Betis> Galatasary............ Rolling Eyes 
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:59 pm

isco saved our ass few times early season.

u may disappointing with him lately.

but don't understand the hate.

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Isco is playing fine imo. don't get all the hate.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:00 am

This is the second time isco is getting cut after a string of bad games, he is not doing fine all he does is dribble, vision is awful, passing is average, and to make it worse he is selfish, will get the random goal here are there but as a midfielder he is playing like crap.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Ancelotti:

4-3-3? It gives us more balance because the defensive job done by the 3 midfielders is very good. We'll keep using this system.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:16 am

The midfielders of Real Betis did a poor job defending the space between them.. resulting in Real Madrid winning by a landslide and.. their coach losing his job.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:32 am

Carlo Ancelotti has admitted that Real Madrid's change to a 4-3-3 formation hurts Isco's chances of getting regular first-team action, but has insisted that the 21-year-old still has a future at the Santiago Bernabeu side.

The attacking midfielder impressed with a string of fine performances in the opening stages of the 2013-14 campaign, but has been struggling to replicate that form since Madrid moved away from their 4-2-3-1 set-up.

Nevertheless, Ancelotti has stressed that there is still room for Isco as he can also feature in a three-man midfield or on the right wing.

"The 4-3-3 system gives us more balance because the defensive job done by the three midfielders is very good and we will keep using this system," Ancelotti said at a press conference.

"It is true that this change makes it more difficult for Isco, but I think he can play in [Angel] Di María’s or [Luka] Modric’s position as well.

"Plus I have not completely forgotten about the old system and we may still use it from time to time."

Isco, who joined Madrid from Malaga at the start of the season, has scored six goals in 16 appearances for los Blancos in La Liga.

I think we are going to see Modric-Illarra/Xabi-Di Maria in midfield.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down