Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 12 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Unique Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:19 pm

im not sticking up for rodgers because i want him gone. but the team that came 2nd had sterling. suarez and sturridge. all now gone from the liverpool team. now im not saying they would be crap. but how would barca do if they lost naymar suarez and messi.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 12 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Nishankly Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Not working is it Brendan?
Naa it's not tbf
Plans for next weekend then?
Probs just the same as last weekend tbh
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:56 am

Nishankly wrote:Not working is it Brendan?
Naa it's not tbf
Plans for next weekend then?
Probs just the same as last weekend tbh
Nishy rofl Proud
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Bookmakers have made Jurgen Klopp the favourite to replace Brendan Rodgers as Liverpool manager.

The German manager is out of work after leaving Borussia Dortmund at the end of last season.

And with pressure on Rodgers mounting, many believe that he could be on his way to Anfield in the near future.

Klopp is priced 9/4 with Sky Bet and is the frontrunner to replace the under-fire manager.

Carlo Ancelotti is also believed to be in the race and is priced at 6/1, which is just ahead of Ajax chief Frank de Boer with odds of 8/1.

Sky Bet also believe that Garry Monk is a shock contender with the Swansea manager given odds of 16/1.

Finally, Southampton boss Ronald Koeman is priced at 18/1.

Liverpool are currently ninth in the Premier League and have managed to score only three goals in five games.

And Betfair make Rodgers a 2/1 favourite to be the next manager to lose his job.

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:58 am

“It’s not about proving people wrong,” Rodgers said.

“I think I have shown in the early stages of my management – without being arrogant – that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end of the league.

“There are very short memories in football. The team was eighth when I got here and we built and produced a team to excite people throughout European football that should have won the league.

“It didn’t but nobody even expected us to be near the top four. I know how to manage top players and build and manage an exciting group, but when you lose that or those players are not available and you have to piece it together, that takes time. Then all the good work gets forgotten. That’s how it works.

“My only gripe is that it seems the focus has not been on what’s gone on and what we’ve been missing, but more about getting me out of the club. That’s sad.

“I am the same man who nearly won us the game, but better. If you give me the tools I’ll do the work.”

Laughing cringe worthy
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:24 am

Meanwhile, Walter Mazzari flies in to Liverpool to discuss the terms of his contract

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/608010/Brendan-Rodgers-replacement-personal-terms-Liverpool-Liverpool-news-Premier-League
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:25 am

Don't call me James wrote:“It’s not about proving people wrong,” Rodgers said.

“I think I have shown in the early stages of my management – without being arrogant – that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end of the league.

“There are very short memories in football. The team was eighth when I got here and we built and produced a team to excite people throughout European football that should have won the league.

“It didn’t but nobody even expected us to be near the top four. I know how to manage top players and build and manage an exciting group, but when you lose that or those players are not available and you have to piece it together, that takes time. Then all the good work gets forgotten. That’s how it works.

“My only gripe is that it seems the focus has not been on what’s gone on and what we’ve been missing, but more about getting me out of the club. That’s sad.

“I am the same man who nearly won us the game, but better. If you give me the tools I’ll do the work.”

what a speech

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 12 SMYWIeX
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:26 am

What tools do you want ffs u sold Sterling and Suarez that's 100m right there u *bleep*
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:27 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Meanwhile, Walter Mazzari flies in to Liverpool to discuss the terms of his contract

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/608010/Brendan-Rodgers-replacement-personal-terms-Liverpool-Liverpool-news-Premier-League

smh

so he's really about to get sacked?

pool fans pls confirm

figured he would see out the season

will miss his unintentional banter
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:29 am

Mazzari will provide enough comedy just wait and see.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:29 am

2/4 words correct, he already has 50% English proficiency
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

2/4 words correct, he already has 50% English proficiency

still better than him :
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:57 am

Nothing will beat Trappatoni's German.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:40 pm

I don't think that Rodgers is a bad manager persay. His transfers can definitely be put in question, but I also think people are a bit harsh on him for how things have progressed. As was pointed out he took over a team in 8th and brought it to 2nd place while building that team around Suarez (who was not playing as well as he became under Rodgers to that point, whether Rodgers and his coaching had a hand in that or it was just natural progression for Suarez can be debated). When Suarez was sold, Sturridge remained injury riddled, Gerrard slumped into the shadows and some others didn't step up as expected it kind of broke the glass ceiling -- everything had been going well up to that point for Brendan and it became a test of his ability to reconstruct a team, and change his philosophy.

I think the biggest disconnect is that people look at his tenure so far and expect to see a steady progression from the moment he took over until now. They look at the money and the time and say 'well we should be a league powerhouse by now' (which is not only misinformed but incredibly entitled). The reality is that Rodgers WAS on that path, but losing Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard and then Sterling also while Coutinho struggled in the first half of last year was a very significant bump for him and the team.

Unfortunately Rodgers, and the team, have not adapted that well to what I'd call a 'retooling' process (as opposed to a full rebuild). We live in a 'what have you done for me lately' and entitled society so Rodgers' failure to adapt quickly and his relative impotence in the transfer-market (whether it's by his own doing or a committee's) have essentially sealed his fate.

I would have no problem with giving him to Christmas or even the end of this season to see if it's possible for him to really turn it around. We're not in a bad spot right now, and he has shown the ability to organize a team to play fluid, attractive and high scoring football.

That said I don't like that he's essentially throwing some (if not most) of the players under the bus in this manner. He's not wrong in that some of the players have been either bad purchases or just underperformed at unfortunate times...but he has to take responsibility for that as well whether or not his hands were somewhat tied in terms of transfer influence.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this situation all unfolds.

Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:46 pm

I could imagine his relationship to the dressing room is not very good anymore.
Quotes like that certainly won't make it better.

In the end, the most likely thing that gets you fired is the players being against you.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Firenze wrote:

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 12 SMYWIeX

Dead rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Was reading a stat in the morning.

"Five teams Liverpool have beaten in the league since March 17 are currently 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th in the top flight and 12th in the Championship."

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 am

The suggestions are that Liverpool wouldn't pursue Klopp if Rodgers does go.

Garry Monk/Eddie Howe in.
Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Defeat v Everton will most likely be the end of his tenure at Liverpool.

Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:37 pm

KRAP Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:43 pm

RED wrote:Defeat v Everton will most likely be the end of his tenure at Liverpool.

Sad
your not that unlucky eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:04 am

RED wrote:Defeat v Everton will most likely be the end of his tenure at Liverpool.

Sad

From all reports his job is safe. Lmao

These yanks don't care about the club. They bought it for cheap and are using us as an investment. I'll genuinely be surprised if they watch us play. I'm dead certain they look at the table and go "only 2 points out the 4 get innnnnn"

This feels worse than when the owl was in charge. Torture. Just torture. I want my club back. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:13 am

Red Alert wrote:

Sad

From all reports his job is safe. Lmao

These yanks don't care about the club. They bought it for cheap and are using us as an investment. I'll genuinely be surprised if they watch us play. I'm dead certain they look at the table and go "only 2 points out the 4 get innnnnn"

This feels worse than when the owl was in charge. Torture. Just torture. I want my club back. Sad
that would be a good point apart from the fact that a top team will make more money for the owners. so if making money is the goal of the owners then champions lge football is what they are aiming for. unless you know more about business than our billionaire owners.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:20 am

You get double the cash for playing in the premier league just on the new TV deal than you do for playing in the CL.

They're making money off of us. They care more about their baseball than they do their football. They can, along with Brendan Rodgers leave the club. I mean if management don't care about the Liverppol way what's to say the players will? Because the whole organisation looks clueless, lost and uninterested. Cancerous.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:15 am

Red Alert wrote:You get double the cash for playing in the premier league just on the new TV deal than you do for playing in the CL.

They're making money off of us. They care more about their baseball than they do their football. They can, along with Brendan Rodgers leave the club. I mean if management don't care about the Liverppol way what's to say the players will? Because the whole organisation looks clueless, lost and uninterested. Cancerous.
but you still get more money playing in both. tbh mate you born to be a madid fan. maybe that's the club for you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:00 am

Same American Cowboys Wink
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next