cyberman
Albiceleste
El Chelsea Fuerte
Raptorgunner
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you Agree with der Sar

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances Vote_lcap60%Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 24 ]
Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances Vote_lcap40%Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 40

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances Empty Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances as he believes biggest threat to Manchester United will come from Chelsea and City
Ex-goalkeeper believes Merseyside club won't be strong enough to challenge, and fears for Arsenal, as he thinks main contenders will be last season's top three

Manchester United legend Edwin van der Sar believes Manchester City and Chelsea will be the main challengers to the champions in the 2011-12 season, as he feels Liverpool won't be contenders and sees Arsenal as a side in limbo.

The Red Devils are one Premier League trophy from their twentieth league title, and their recently retired former goalkeeper believes that the biggest threat to United's chances of retaining their crown will come from Chelsea and Manchester City.

He told ESPN STAR and Asia One: "It's going to be Chelsea again, they are always going to be challenging.

"Maybe Manchester City will be there, although they may have some trouble convincing Carlos Tevez to stay."

He also believes Arsenal will not pose as big a threat as usual if they lose captain Cesc Fabregas and playmaker Samir Nasri, and also thinks Liverpool may fall short again.

"Liverpool will be really motivated to try and win the league," he continued. "They will be anxious to try and overtake our 19th title, but I don't think that's going to happen.

"Arsenal, at the moment, are a little in limbo because some players are going to leave. They have issues of strengthening key areas and convincing players to stay."

Regardless of challenges from City and Chelsea, van der Sar is convinced the future is bright at United given the young players Sir Alex Ferguson has at his disposal.

"Chicharito has been amazing and it's been the same with the twins (Rafael and Fabio da Silva). I remember one game they both played against Arsenal. They played left and right wing and Fabio scored from a cross by his brother.

"They're extremely talented and hopefully they can keep on making progress."
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances Empty Re: Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:37 pm

title will be between city chelsea and utd

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances Empty Re: Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:46 pm

english_jewel wrote:title will be between city chelsea and utd

Its too early to write off any team, Liverpool is looking not bad for next season. Arsenal will be Arsenal never know why they will do. Sleep.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:46 pm

now I hope liverpool make him look like a fool

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Its too early to write off any team, Liverpool is looking not bad for next season. Arsenal will be Arsenal never know why they will do. Sleep.

liverpool will have plenty to fight for to get fourth

them challenging the title right now is way too early

and arsenal will be arsenal, just a bit weaker with even less bottle most probably

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Its between us and City

If City dont compete then itll be a Utd procession

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:57 pm

I'd rather wait til the end of the transfer season before making this call, but as of right now I agree. It's between City, Chelsea and United.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:now I hope liverpool make him look like a fool

How do you have so many Neg reps, I was shocked when I seen that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Naaaaah, Chelsea will win upcoming prem league.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:now I hope liverpool make him look like a fool

How do you have so many Neg reps, I was shocked when I seen that.
debates with madrid fans

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Chelseas old squad are another year older, their midfield are nothing these days...even if they sign Modric, while they havent looked close to solving the Torres problem, never mind hiring a 1 season wonder as manager.
While Utds squad is getting ridiculous and thats before weve signed either Nasri or Sndjier..maybe both. Solving our 1 weakness

Stop me where Chelsea have not only caught us but have surpassed us to win the league....by standing still.
Cant rely on us sucking balls away from home or conceding last min equaliser after last min equaliser again next year...

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Whats exactly wrong with Van Der Sar has said?We ourselfs knows we aren't going to win the title next season so what chances are he exactly he writting off?Our realistic aim is to finish in the Top4 and we know that and i am pretty confident we will finish in the CL spots next season.

Not sure what exactly the fuss is about.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 pm

We're fighting for CL football, but I do hope we prove him wrong. Very Happy

No disrespect to VDS, I rate him highly, I just want the league. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Such strong argumentation by Van Der Sar.

"Yeah, they are strong-ish"
"Yeah, we are stronger" why then, my dear friend?

He always gives the WORST post-match interviews of any player in the Dutch NT. "Yeah, I mean, uhmmm, uhmmmm, uhmmmmm, I've ehhhhhh always would've ehhhhhh liked having another CL title. And now I've ehhh got it. It feels ehhh nice. I mean, I've ehhh liked ehh having another CL title, and ehhhh... now I have one... ehh..." So do you have anything else to say? "uhhh... no, well, eehhh, I'm happy to have another CL title."
"oh."

BORE. Godly goalie though, legend for dze country. I do think Liverpool have a chance actually, they are merging as a team, and they have spirit. The object of my fanboy-ism in my sig can make the difference, Kuyt in one of his last seasons, Gerrard in one of his last seasons, willing to show....
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:23 pm

this

EDIT: damn I voted wrong -.- was sure the question was "do you see liverpool as title challangers"
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:27 pm

lololol, city.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Sushi Master wrote:lololol, city.

LOL I know SMH !
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 pm

I would have never thought the day would come, where a United fan would consider City a threat Suspect :king:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:51 pm

ali8775 wrote:

LOL I know SMH !

Why aren't City a threat? They even finished above you.

And yeah nice to see a utd fan consider city a threat while they act that they arent lol

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:54 pm

He is correct.

It's very unlikely for a team to go from 6th place to 1st in a season...very very rare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:02 am

english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

LOL I know SMH !

And yeah nice to see a utd fan consider city a threat while they act that they arent lol
So who is more of threat to United, Chelsea or Man city?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:04 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

LOL I know SMH !

So who is more of threat to United, Chelsea or Man city?

That's pretty hard to decide.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:05 am

Man U will walk the league again...surely they can't be as bad away from home as they were last season ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:23 am

english_jewel wrote:That's pretty hard to decide.
Thats good answer.Sepi Man u will not walk over the league.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:25 am

Well I don't see Liverpool beating Arsenal, Chelsea, City and United to the league.

I'm gonna go with

1. United
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool

Chelsea are not active in the market I would place them 2nd if they actually buy anyone good.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum