cyberman
Albiceleste
El Chelsea Fuerte
Raptorgunner
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you Agree with der Sar

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 24 ]
Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 40

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances - Page 2 Empty Re: Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 17:25

Well I don't see Liverpool beating Arsenal, Chelsea, City and United to the league.

I'm gonna go with

1. United
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool

Chelsea are not active in the market I would place them 2nd if they actually buy anyone good.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances - Page 2 Empty Re: Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances

Post by windkick Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 18:00

Considering Liverpool is the only one of the big English clubs that doesn't have to worry about European play they might be the most focused and fresh to try and take the title. I wouldn't write them off, and VDS forgets he isn't the keeper anymore, a EPL newbie in De Gea will have to fill in for him and nobody knows if he will be able to or not

I'd say the Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, City will finish top 4 (not sure what order) with Arsenal finishing 5 (resulting in Wenger losing his job)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 18:29

windkick wrote:Considering Liverpool is the only one of the big English clubs that doesn't have to worry about European play they might be the most focused and fresh to try and take the title. I wouldn't write them off, and VDS forgets he isn't the keeper anymore, a EPL newbie in De Gea will have to fill in for him and nobody knows if he will be able to or not

I'd say the Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, City will finish top 4 (not sure what order) with Arsenal finishing 5 (resulting in Wenger losing his job)

The league is for all 5 teams to take even spurs, we cant count any team out of winning the EPL. Yes De Gea is new and I dont think he will be making those crazy superman save VDS did. The news for Arsenal is we have kept our main players with edition of a good player and hope more to come.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 18:45

Chelsea or United will win it.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 18:51

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 18:59

with gervinho arsenal will win the league now
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 19:04

Raptorgunner wrote:
windkick wrote:Considering Liverpool is the only one of the big English clubs that doesn't have to worry about European play they might be the most focused and fresh to try and take the title. I wouldn't write them off, and VDS forgets he isn't the keeper anymore, a EPL newbie in De Gea will have to fill in for him and nobody knows if he will be able to or not

The league is for all 5 teams to take even spurs, we cant count any team out of winning the EPL. Yes De Gea is new and I dont think he will be making those crazy superman save VDS did. The news for Arsenal is we have kept our main players with edition of a good player and hope more to come.

No doubt, I like Arsenal allot and I hope they stay in the top 4. I just made a wild prediction (Also wanted to point out that I won't predict who will win the league, just who finishes top 4). Allot of variables, new faces for Man U (De Gea, will he be able to step in big?), Chelsea with another new manager (what else is new, plus an aging squad), Arsenal with allot of current question marks on who's coming in or leaving, Liverpool with a hord of mid fielders all of a sudden (but is that enough?), will City have Tevez (and if not, will they be able to find some body that can replace him?), and even Spurs, can they keep Modric and if so, can they finally land the striker they been wanting to get?

Going to be an exciting season imo Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 19:11

the biggest threat will come from the unexpected team

stoke city.....

beware.............

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 19:12

seriously, i don't have any idea......

may be what van der sar said is correct...
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 0:34

no body knows whats gonna happen next season, + vds seems to forget what players united had this season yet still won the leauge as far as im conerned anyone can win the leauge...
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 10:34

A very big advantage for Liverpool is that they do not have to compete in the UCL...if City, Chelsea and United progress till at least the quarters, this advantage liverpool has might help them

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Essien_5 Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 11:59

the only way people can make predictions for next season at this point is by the signings clubs make so far liverpool dont look too bad when compared to arsenal not saying they will go further or nathing

united is looking the strongest i mean people say they played crap last season and they won the league and made it to the CL finals...imagine what happens when they play good lol...chelsea are unpredictable as we have no idea how the new coach will do or what formation he'll use

I guess its fair to assume city will be the biggest threat to united for now as they are the only ones making the right noise this transfer market

Essien_5
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 14:50

Essien_5 wrote:the only way people can make predictions for next season at this point is by the signings clubs make so far liverpool dont look too bad when compared to arsenal not saying they will go further or nathing

united is looking the strongest i mean people say they played crap last season and they won the league and made it to the CL finals...imagine what happens when they play good lol...chelsea are unpredictable as we have no idea how the new coach will do or what formation he'll use

I guess its fair to assume city will be the biggest threat to united for now as they are the only ones making the right noise this transfer market

The reason United won last year by playing like crap is that teams below them played like like horseshit. Trust me if United play like they did last year again no way they will win the league, don't get me wrong they did deserve the league more then any other team.

What noise has man city been making only signing Clichy, and about to lose Tevaz.

The funny thing is Arsenal has 2 signing the same as Man u.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 15:38

Arsenal signed Grevinho, who's the other signing? Lost Clichy, and are on the verge of losing Denislon/Almunia/Benter (I'm not making a dig at Arsenal, I am being honest cause I need to update my roster on Fifa lol)

Like every one said Liverpool not having to worry about European play is going to help them boat loads as far as reaching top 4. Going to be interesting to see Fergie's new look Man U if they get Sneider as rumored. Surprised City hasn't been signing people left and right to be honest
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 16:05

Raptorgunner wrote:

United has 3 mate.

De Gea, Jones and A. Young.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 16:09

ynwa wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

United has 3 mate.

De Gea, Jones and A. Young.

LOl I forgot about Jones, my Bad Very Happy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 16:11

Carl Jenkinson is our second signing. Heard really good things about him, during practice at Arsenal.

Edwin van der Sar writes off Liverpool title chances - Page 2 Gun__1307698892_player_jenkinson Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Essien_5 Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 16:40

Raptorgunner wrote:
Essien_5 wrote:the only way people can make predictions for next season at this point is by the signings clubs make so far liverpool dont look too bad when compared to arsenal not saying they will go further or nathing

The reason United won last year by playing like crap is that teams below them played like like horseshit. Trust me if United play like they did last year again no way they will win the league, don't get me wrong they did deserve the league more then any other team.

What noise has man city been making only signing Clichy, and about to lose Tevaz.

i agree with all your points but at this time i just see city giving united the hardest time because things are going there way new stadium, starting player competition in positions ignore tevez he says that every season he was "retiring" not long ago, chelsea season is unpredictable at this point and arsenal because they could lose fab and nasri...of course after tranfer window closes and pre-season finishes my prediction will change depending on how things go

Essien_5
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 17:00

Essien_5 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

i agree with all your points but at this time i just see city giving united the hardest time because things are going there way new stadium, starting player competition in positions ignore tevez he says that every season he was "retiring" not long ago, chelsea season is unpredictable at this point and arsenal because they could lose fab and nasri...of course after tranfer window closes and pre-season finishes my prediction will change depending on how things go

Fair enough.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 17:40

Nasri and Fab aren't going anyway bro Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 1:21

Nothing wrong with VDS has said. LFC would do well to get in the top 4 this season coming, one step at a time. They are heading in the right direction though with a good manager & stability at the club.

Only teams I see competing for the title next season is United and Chelsea.

HscouserZ wrote:
no body knows whats gonna happen next season, + vds seems to forget what players united had this season yet still won the leauge as far as im conerned anyone can win the leauge...

We had great players and depth too. You don't win a title and reach a CL final if you don't capable players;

Only weakness was the MF.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 1:26

After all this big spending from United, City and Liverpool, i would love for Arsenal, who everyone has already written off, to just snap up the league and shove it in the faces of everyone
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 1:28

Lex wrote:After all this big spending from United, City and Liverpool, i would love for Arsenal, who everyone has already written off, to just snap up the league and shove it in the faces of everyone

We write off Arsenal for a reason though, they always, for the past 6 seasons, fall off by Feb/March. Groundhog day.

I expect the same this season, and especially more so if you lose Nasri and Cesc.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 1:41

Meh I'd still love it

Oh and Cesc and Nasri aren't going anywhere. People need to stop reading The Sun
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 1:46

Lex wrote:After all this big spending from United, City and Liverpool, i would love for Arsenal, who everyone has already written off, to just snap up the league and shove it in the faces of everyone

Well sadly that won't happen, keep dreaming.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 13 Jul 2011 - 1:52

Notice i didn't mention Chelsea in the above statement. They blew their entire wad on an impotent striker instead of replacing the rest of the squad, who are slowly turning into antique garden ornaments
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next