daneq
Mr Nick09
84 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Goatzema - the one true Igwe - Page 12 Empty Re: Goatzema - the one true Igwe

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Zealous wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Higuain started the last game.

It's a rotation

Benz also played extremely well when he came on against Cska

You can bet your ass if Benzema was on a hot run of form like Higuain in October or recently he would start consecutive games.

That is what is annoying here. Higuain needs a consistent run of goals just to be considered for rotation.

Where were you when Benz couldn't get 5 mins at the end of games?

Anyway, they've played relatively the same amount of games this season.My stance on this has never changed and will never changed, they both deserve more minutes and the one who's preventing that is Ronaldo.

The same one who's been the least efficent of the 3 this season.

I don't see how Benz, who has been performing at a level as high as anyone is , is to blame when he's played 1200 less minutes than Ronaldo himself.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Zealous wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Higuain started the last game.

It's a rotation

Benz also played extremely well when he came on against Cska

You can bet your ass if Benzema was on a hot run of form like Higuain in October or recently he would start consecutive games.

That is what is annoying here. Higuain needs a consistent run of goals just to be considered for rotation.

Where were you when Benz couldn't get 5 mins at the end of games?

Anyway, they've played relatively the same amount of games this season.My stance on this has never changed and will never changed, they both deserve more minutes and the one who's preventing that is Ronaldo.

The same one who's been the least efficent of the 3 this season.

I don't see how Benz, who has been performing at a level as high as anyone is , is to blame when he's played 1200 less minutes than Ronaldo himself.

Benzema doesn't get dropped in the middle of a great run of form though. That's the issue here. It's not like I want him benched Benz is a credit to this team but the feeling is that Higuain's form is being sacrificed here to accommodate him. When Benzema was on a hot run of form I had no complaints about him starting, but that was because I assumed that if it was Higuain the same would happen. This doesn't seem to be the case though.

As for Ronaldo, he has 42 goals this season plus a handful of assists absolutely zero reason to drop "the man" of this team. If Benzema absolutely has to start then I would choose Ronaldo over Pipita and vice versa.

In any case I'd play all three. Kaka is this team's weak link when he isn't preforming (which is common sadly). Can't wait till Di Maria is back.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:43 pm

I'd go with a 3 man rotation ideally.With 2 starting every game and one coming on ,but call me crazy if you don't think the fact that Ronaldo is bordering on the same minutes as both of them combined because that to me just isn't right.

Not based on "form" anyway.

I would love for Benz to play in Kaka's place....but it would still be the same problem of a lack of width.

Kaka us playing better and Mou isn't going to drop him.....

Ideally I would play him as a AM in the 4-2-3-1 where he and Ozil can interchange but for that to happen.

1.Ronaldo would really really need to keep in his own space.No free role.

2.Mou would need to drink a fifth of Vodka.

I could see the latter happening............
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:15 pm

I dont understand you guys. I agree with you that Higuain should have started as Benzema was looking very rusty, but why are you taking it out on Benzema?

Why dont you question Mourinho, after all, is he not the decider in chief? I mean, when he does things i dont like, i mention it and i get called a hater. Yet, you are not happy with his choices and you take it out on the players. I'm not sure how to call this, blame him, not benzema. How did benzema play 84 minutes of that game i dont understand myself, but careful, if i say he makes poor subs, i am going to be called an ungrateful who doesnt appreciate the 8 point lead.

And saying that Benzema gets protection from our board is just going against everything Mourinho stands for. Isnt he the all powerful, impossible to influence man who plays 3 DMs in the clasicos? seriously, there is no such thing as "protection", Mourinho values what Benzema has become a lot more, and that's the simple truth. There is no one whispering in his ears what line up he should put out. If that was the case guys like EPEP would be in another club by now.

Mourinho simply reestablished the rotation system. he did it as soon as Higuain returned to form, and he is doing it now. The way i see it, benzema always perform at home, so this game was a good environment for him to get back into things. Wednesday, we play at the Madrigal and Higuain will start, logically, so it works.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Mourinho is not faultless, he gets some blame for sure. But overall he has been making the correct decisions. This issue is only thing I'm not 100% happy about. I haven't said it outright but it's clear I'm criticizing Jose here as well.

However it must be said that Mourinho didn't miss an open net lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I dont understand you guys. I agree with you that Higuain should have started as Benzema was looking very rusty, but why are you taking it out on Benzema?

Why dont you question Mourinho, after all, is he not the decider in chief? I mean, when he does things i dont like, i mention it and i get called a hater. Yet, you are not happy with his choices and you take it out on the players. I'm not sure how to call this, blame him, not benzema. How did benzema play 84 minutes of that game i dont understand myself, but careful, if i say he makes poor subs, i am going to be called an ungrateful who doesnt appreciate the 8 point lead.

And saying that Benzema gets protection from our board is just going against everything Mourinho stands for. Isnt he the all powerful, impossible to influence man who plays 3 DMs in the clasicos? seriously, there is no such thing as "protection", Mourinho values what Benzema has become a lot more, and that's the simple truth. There is no one whispering in his ears what line up he should put out. If that was the case guys like EPEP would be in another club by now.

Mourinho simply reestablished the rotation system. he did it as soon as Higuain returned to form, and he is doing it now. The way i see it, benzema always perform at home, so this game was a good environment for him to get back into things. Wednesday, we play at the Madrigal and Higuain will start, logically, so it works.

the prety much summed it up, its all mou choices, and infact i wanted benz to start, we are entering in a critical stage in both CL and la liga, we need both strikers fit and on top form, benz just came back from injury, he scored a goal and played very very well with his linkup play, but he also missed few chances, rustinesss do that, sometimes it happens to the best of strikers.

Thats all you need to say, there is absolutely no need to scapgoat someone make this a big deal, infact if i was a coach, i would have started benz next game too so his confidence is no broken (although i will play higuain too and drop kaka).

We move on.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 pm

i would have loved to either hate or defend benz igwe but didnt see the match :facepalm:

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Reason Benzema starts is because he's clearly the better player. Higuain either scores or he has absolutely zero impact. Benzema still provides tempo to the attack even if he doesn't score.

Also, Higuain gets a bucket of stats in a few games and then disappears. Benzema has been extremely consistent and has played huge in the big games.

Mou knows Benz is a WC footballer and one of the best in the world. He even said so publicly right before the injury. You will never, ever have a team built around the talents of Higuain... because he's very limited. I love him as a person and he's a great poacher. But we're comparing apples to oranges here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:13 pm

And to add... you guys expect a player to be at top form after 30 day layoff with an injury. Of course he's rusty. This was his 2nd game and 1st start in a month

Mou needs to get him to form quickly... and he's not far. An in form Benz is much more valuable than an in form Higuain.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:15 pm

OK guys, he had a injury and played bad. Time to move on

We all know Benzema is a quality player and these games happen, he has scored some very important goals for us this season (and not only goals, but been class throughout games overall)

Great player, still is, but was abit rusty last night and had a shocker...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:24 pm

sportsczy wrote:Higuain either scores or he has absolutely zero impact.

Every time I see people write this I just go :facepalm:
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Higuain
Minutes 2099
Goals 21
Assists 6
Mins per goal 99.95
Mins per assists 349.83
Mins per goal + assist 77.74

Benzema
Minutes 2415
Goals 23
Assists 10
Mins per goal 105.00
Mins per assists 241.50
Mins per goal + assist 73.18

And understand that one is a pure poacher and only strives on stats while the other is a SS who helps create game for everyone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Yes. The "pure poacher" who goes out right to contribute to build up play when he's starved of service and assisted both Kaka and Ronaldo recently.

6 assists compared to Benz's 10. Good stats dude, they really demonstrate your point

Go back to the forum your created for yourself and your often asinine opinions :facepalm:
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:38 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Yes. The "pure poacher" who goes out right to contribute to build up play when he's starved of service and assisted both Kaka and Ronaldo recently.

6 assists compared to Benz's 10. Good stats dude, they really demonstrate your point

Go back to the forum your created for yourself and your often asinine opinions :facepalm:

Thanks for playing. Next!!!!
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:40 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Yes. The "pure poacher" who goes out right to contribute to build up play when he's starved of service and assisted both Kaka and Ronaldo recently.

LOL

And if you want to use stats why not post how many chances each player gets per game? Or how often Higuain has had to deal with kaka being his main line of service compared to Benzema who has been given alot more minutes with our preferred 11.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:40 pm

I dont know why you need to bring up stats, the eye test doesnt lie. Benzema is better at getting involved into plays, makes a better use of the ball when he gets it, and he interacts better with Ronaldo and Ozil. A simple truth, a simple reality, every one sees that.

Our top scorer is Ronaldo, and Benzema has better chemistry with him, so he is better for the team overall. PLus he performs in big games etc...

He is simply better, and all around a more complete footballer. Doesnt take a stat sheet to figure it out, it's not about who has the better conversion rate, or who makes the most through balls lol, simple eye test. The difference between Benzema and Higuain is like the difference between RVP and Huntelaar.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:45 pm

This is a fanboy thread... so we can all pick our favorite one and play fanboy. I personally like both for different reasons, although i have a preference obviously. It is funny when peeps resort to personal attacks... it pretty much means they can't defend their point at all lol.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Still, what the hell is the meaning of "Igwe"? scratch
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Still, what the hell is the meaning of "Igwe"? scratch

Igwe means King in nigerian i think
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Don't even see the point of Benz - Higz debate.

Higz is clearly better at finishing chances (albeit not by that much as Crimson would have you believe) but I mean....Benz is clearly in terms of technique and talent build up play etc better.

High is clearly a better striker,but Benz is clearly a better player.

And once again it shouldn't even be a question of who starts.While Ronaldo is starting every game , playing 90 mins every game , this idiotic debate will rage on.

How bad can it be to Play Di maria - Higz - Benz FFs . The world is going to fall apart if Ronaldo is rotated.

And Sports, the missed chances I don't care about.....everyone misses chances, Gomez , Messi, Ronaldo and Higuain have all had much worse games than this in terms of finishing.I'm mad because for a rare minute tonight he looked past logic and decided he was going to score a glory goal(seeing Higuain on the sidelines) and decided not to make the play he would make 10 times out of 10.He should have Passed to Callejon.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm just being a fanboy for the chuckles. They're so different in terms of how they play that it's like comparing apples and oranges.

I don't believe either is as good as CR7... not close. So taking time from CR7 is not a good idea unless he doesn't play well (which has happened lol). And you can't play all 3 because one of them will get lost. So unfortunately, it will always be a choice between Benz or Higuain.

Not a bad choice to have. It's like choosing between two super models, although one has more curves Wink
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Higuain either scores or he has absolutely zero impact.

Every time I see people write this I just go :facepalm:

What do you expect from a fanboy anyway. Rolling Eyes
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Still, what the hell is the meaning of "Igwe"? scratch

Igwe means King in nigerian i think
Quite strange to pick NIGERIAN of all languages though. But it sounds cool.

*assuming I'm pronouncing it right*
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:27 am

here we go at this higuain vs benzema, if you need to hate someone zel/crim, its those that constantly bring up the higvsbenz to this forums. not benz, not higuain.

Both are good players, both play for our team, End of story, deal with it. Whoever plays is upto mou, and we should be happy with whoever plays.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:21 pm

I never said Benzema was bad. On the contrary I wouldn't trade him for anyone on the market.

He's a great striker, I'm not an idiot lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Benzema Starting again, it's obvious who the best and preferred Player to Mourinho's eyes is... :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next