Shed
iNFINITY9910
Kick
20 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

The Petr Cech Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Petr Cech Thread

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:22 am

Cech was just warming the bench anyway. He's still got it so there's no reason to grow old being behind Thiboo in the pecking order. Those sending death threats are simply underdeveloped shitbags.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:41 am

Kick wrote:
LuckAndWin wrote:and apparently his receiving death threats because of his move to Arsenal

Hardly surprising, Remember Figo?

Yeah the greatest Barca's heartache, the same thing with RVP from Arsenal to Man Utd
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:18 am

LuckAndWin wrote:
Kick wrote:
LuckAndWin wrote:and apparently his receiving death threats because of his move to Arsenal

Yeah the greatest Barca's heartache, the same thing with RVP from Arsenal to Man Utd

Indeed, it was inevitable, and it Cech didn't expect it to happen, he is a fool. However, Knowing Cech, he is smarter than that and probably won't take any notice of it.

That said, I do no condone that kind of behaviour and had hoped that Chelsea fans would have been above it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:55 am

Petr Cech wrote:“The true fans have sent me messages that are pleasing and positive. True fans will appreciate what I’ve done and the legacy I’ve left,” he said.

“There are some people who have left me negative messages, but they aren’t true Chelsea fans.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/01/petr-cech-arsenal-chelsea-not-true-fans?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:27 am

LuckAndWin wrote:
Kick wrote:

The difference being that RVP was treated like a King before his transfer.. whereas Cech has been demoted to bench fodder.

Hardly reasonable to expect him not to want out and not anyone's place to be hostile towards him because he wanted to stay in London.

Not like there was any tapping up going on.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:43 am

Kick wrote:
Petr Cech wrote:“The true fans have sent me messages that are pleasing and positive. True fans will appreciate what I’ve done and the legacy I’ve left,” he said.

“There are some people who have left me negative messages, but they aren’t true Chelsea fans.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/01/petr-cech-arsenal-chelsea-not-true-fans?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Right. Because the best arbiter of what a real Chelsea fan is, is someone who....leaves the club for their closest rival. Spare me.
-

I obviously have no time for any lunatics who send death threats, but to imply that anyone at all who is anything other than totally giddy and blindly congratulatory over a supposed loyal legend moving to a local and silverware rival isn't a real fan is outright insulting.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:37 am

Shed jelly of dat dere Arsenal 15/16 title winners Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Shed had the same problem with Lampard leaving to City.

I do not understand it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Well actually my primary problem with Lampard was that he sanctimoniously banged on and on towards the end of his time with us how he could never dream of playing for another English club, only to turn around and do just that.
-

With Cech, he's lecturing fans on his legacy....while clad in an Arsenal shirt. You couldn't make it up.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Kick wrote:Shed had the same problem with Lampard leaving to City.

I do not understand it.

I stopped trying to understand Shed Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Shed wrote:Well actually my primary problem with Lampard was that he sanctimoniously banged on and on towards the end of his time with us how he could never dream of playing for another English club, only to turn around and do just that.
-

With Cech, he's lecturing fans on his legacy....while clad in an Arsenal shirt. You couldn't make it up.

On loan for a season. Lampards time there will be nothing more than a fly on the windscreen of his career.

I think Cech earned his right to choose where he wanted to play next season and he chose to keep his family happy. For that, I have nothing but respect for the man, he obviously knew it wasn't an easy call but put his family first. And in life, Family should always come before anything else because it is more important than football.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:40 am

Would you really compare it to Barca and Figo?

Figo left when he was basically our hope, our saviour, him and Rivaldo the only real players we could turn to..and went to our eternal rivals who were dominating us at the time and winning titles while we struggled even for 4th. He jumped ship in his absolute prime to a better team and rival when we needed him.

Cech is a guy in the Autumn of his career if we are being generous who just wants to play out the remaining years actually playing rather than watching.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:04 am

I was actually comparing players who moved from bitter rivals, Figo was the most extreme and obvious comparison I could think of.

Cech's obviously doesn't come close to Figo, but I think it's fine to compare them.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Petr Cech says Chelsea collapse proves he was right to leave Stamford Bridge:
The Premier League champions are just four points above the relegation places and Cech believes their form shows he made the right decision joining Arsenal
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-goalkeeper-petr-cech-says-7042761

“I had to take the decision to leave even if it was not easy.”

“The time has shown that the decision was the right one. Every team can have a time when it goes badly.”

“Always when it seemed that Chelsea would rise, they fell. So this problem is probably bigger than everybody supposed.”
-
rofl
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content