Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

+22
ioilersrock448
Thimmy
zigra
LeSwagg James
Arquitecto
inter1lachen
McAgger
S
chad4401
Gil
Ion Creanga
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
rwo power
jibers
halamadrid2
Lex
punkfusion1992
Kick
Grooverider
Onyx
Beautiful Football
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Gil wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:
Gil wrote:Even in the Pellegrini era and before that he did f**k all. Yawn.

He's the Argentian version of Mario Gomez. Great finisher/poacher but useless when no service arrives. Too slow and limited to threaten the big teams.
wtf are you talking about?? Mario Gomez who made fun of Real Madrid 2 yrs ago, and scored vs Barca in semi-finals to last year and was a beast in Bundesliga in Bayern and Stuttgart? Gomez>>>>>>>>>>>>Higuain ...
Yeah Gomez is God. Same player who Bayern got rid of for Mandzukic, who no big club came in for despite being for sale and who can't get a game ahead of a 40 year old Klose and Loew would rather play Ozil or Gotze at False 9 than him.
you're pathetic.. what about Gomez who scored 12 in a single UCL campaign and was one of the best players at that Bayern finalist team?? He picked a couple of months injury befor being 2nd option to Mandzukic, and despite being 2nd option he had some great matches like the Barca one and in Bundi too..  You have no idea what you are talking about

Last edited by Ion Creanga on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Lex wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:
Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
The same applies for Fabregas, RVP and Nasri
Swing and a miss. Try again.
How is that a swing and a miss? It could be argued that Higgy accomplished more in his time at Madrid than these guys at Arsenal. Shirley you can't be a hypocrite and change your definition of 'not working out' when your own favorite players are involved.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by inter1lachen Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:01 pm

rwo power wrote:There seems to be much suffering at the business end of Spanish club football hmm
suffering and deception

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Ion Creanga wrote:
Gil wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:wtf are you talking about?? Mario Gomez who made fun of Real Madrid 2 yrs ago, and scored vs Barca in semi-finals to last year and was a beast in Bundesliga in Bayern and Stuttgart? Gomez>>>>>>>>>>>>Higuain ...
Yeah Gomez is God. Same player who Bayern got rid of for Mandzukic, who no big club came in for despite being for sale and who can't get a game ahead of a 40 year old Klose and Loew would rather play Ozil or Gotze at False 9 than him.
you're pathetic.. what about Gomez who scored 12 in a single UCL campaign and was one of the best players at that Bayern finalist team?? He picked a couple of months injury befor being 2nd option to Mandzukic, and despite being 2nd option he had some great matches like the Barca one and in Bundi too..  You have no idea what you are talking about
Dude I agree with Gil. He flopped in most big games. Flopped in all Dortmund games and flopped against Madrid. If he finished his chanceds Bayern would have been laughing to the final. Flopped in the final again.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Higuain was never cut to be the leading CF of Madrid, it's not exactly rocket science. When he missed that chance vs dortmund, all i could remember was the sitter he tanked against Lyon... Still a lovely and devouted madridista and we love him for that. just not cut for the big job.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:13 pm

LOL please don't compare Manduzkic to Gomez. It was the latter who left, not out of ostracism.

Mandzu isn't on Gomez' level. Before Bayern he wasn't wanted by even Milan fans and remains an above average striker rather than a world class goal machine like Gomez.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Mandzukic is not a top CF clearly, he is just a work horse, unique in his position, and so extremely valuable. who wants Mandzukic to lead their team? not even spurs would want him. And Bayern fans are waiting for Lewandowski lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Arq pls

It was made clear Gomez would not start. He was surplus to requirments
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 pm

jibers wrote:Arq pls

It was made clear Gomez would not start. He was surplus to requirments
While that speculation is possibly quantifiable, it doesn't change the fact that Mandzu is nowhere near the CF Gomez here. Any German or BuLi observer will attest to his superiority over the Croatian.

I suspect Mandzu only would start over him due to his superior work ethic in defence and aerial ability. The rest Gomez is miles ahead in.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:02 am

jibers wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:
Gil wrote:Yeah Gomez is God. Same player who Bayern got rid of for Mandzukic, who no big club came in for despite being for sale and who can't get a game ahead of a 40 year old Klose and Loew would rather play Ozil or Gotze at False 9 than him.
Dude I agree with Gil. He flopped in most big games. Flopped in all Dortmund games and flopped against Madrid. If he finished his chanceds Bayern would have been laughing to the final. Flopped in the final again.
jibers, seriously?? Let's remember Real Madrid-Bayern semi-final... 1-1 on Allianz Arena till 90 minute when MARIO GOMEZ scores the winner... Return leg, Real Madrid starts incredible, scores 2 goals until MARIO GOMEZ wins a penalty for Bayern, which allowed bayern to come back into the game.. Last UCL Gomez scored an important goal vs Barca after a corner at 1-0 for bayern in an UCL semifinal... Flop indeed..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:04 am

Ion Creanga wrote:
jibers wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:you're pathetic.. what about Gomez who scored 12 in a single UCL campaign and was one of the best players at that Bayern finalist team?? He picked a couple of months injury befor being 2nd option to Mandzukic, and despite being 2nd option he had some great matches like the Barca one and in Bundi too..  You have no idea what you are talking about
jibers, seriously?? Let's remember Real Madrid-Bayern semi-final... 1-1 on Allianz Arena till 90 minute when MARIO GOMEZ scores the winner... Return leg, Real Madrid starts incredible, scores 2 goals until MARIO GOMEZ wins a penalty for Bayern, which allowed bayern to come back into the game.. Last UCL Gomez scored an important goal vs Barca after a corner at 1-0 for bayern in an UCL semifinal... Flop indeed..
That second leg he missed 3 sitters, final he missed sitters, flopped for Germany against Italy, flopped in the German cup final. Yes, flop indeed. There is a reason he got so muich abuse at the tail end of the Never Munchen season. He was a bonafide choker.

Flop is not the right word, he is a choker
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am

jibers wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:
jibers wrote:Dude I agree with Gil. He flopped in most big games. Flopped in all Dortmund games and flopped against Madrid. If he finished his chanceds Bayern would have been laughing to the final. Flopped in the final again.
That second leg he missed 3 sitters, final he missed sitters, flopped for Germany against Italy, flopped in the German cup final. Yes, flop indeed. There is a reason he got so muich abuse at the tail end of the Never Munchen season. He was a bonafide choker.

you maded that up, he missed one big goal scoring vs Real that's it... when the guy scores a winner vs Real Madrid in 90 minute in a semi-final, scores vs Barca in a semi-final and still is considered a flop let's call 90% of strikers flops
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:30 am

Ion Creanga wrote:
jibers wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:jibers, seriously?? Let's remember Real Madrid-Bayern semi-final... 1-1 on Allianz Arena till 90 minute when MARIO GOMEZ scores the winner... Return leg, Real Madrid starts incredible, scores 2 goals until MARIO GOMEZ wins a penalty for Bayern, which allowed bayern to come back into the game.. Last UCL Gomez scored an important goal vs Barca after a corner at 1-0 for bayern in an UCL semifinal... Flop indeed..

you maded that up, he missed one big goal scoring vs Real that's it... when the guy scores a winner vs Real Madrid in 90 minute in a semi-final, scores vs Barca in a semi-final and still is considered a flop  let's call 90% of strikers flops
He missed 3 dude in the second leg. 3! Robben missed 1. Bayern should have been up by 4 goals if Gomez did not choke. Barcelona were already finished when he scored lol, nice one. When the stakes were high, he was nowhere to be found. Cl final missed sitter as well and flopped. He is a choker which is why people didnt even want him to start for Germany in the Euros.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:41 am

Gomez choked within that span of year yet people forget how many goals his contributed in other big games vs big teams, especially in moments of great danger to Bayern's CL/BuLi status within the games.

Robben was Bayern's real choker outside his goal in the CL final as he choked on a consistent basis while Gomez' failures were already rectified by his previous multiple heroics for Bayern vs many top teams.

His failures have been exaggerated as he remains Germany's #1 CF and Bayern fans mourn his loss.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:53 am

Arquitescu wrote:Gomez choked within that span of year yet people forget how many goals his contributed in other big games vs big teams, especially in moments of great danger to Bayern's CL/BuLi status within the games.

Robben was Bayern's real choker outside his goal in the CL final as he choked on a consistent basis while Gomez' failures were already rectified by his previous multiple heroics for Bayern vs many top teams.

His failures have been exaggerated as he remains Germany's #1 CF and Bayern fans mourn his loss.
No they don't Laughing

I've got a mate that actually lives in Bavaria ffs, he said most fans don't care because Gomez wasn't a good footballer! He lives 45 minutes away from allianz, I'll take his word over yours thanks.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:03 am

jibers wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Gomez choked within that span of year yet people forget how many goals his contributed in other big games vs big teams, especially in moments of great danger to Bayern's CL/BuLi status within the games.

No they don't Laughing

I've got a mate that actually lives in Bavaria ffs, he said most fans don't care because Gomez wasn't a good footballer! He lives 45 minutes away from allianz, I'll take his word over yours thanks.
Yes cause his Bavarian roots and distance from the Allianz Arena equals to directly proportional credibility representing all Bayern fans. Laughing

I think all your height is slowing down the blood to your brain.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:19 am

Jibers, i see you will not change your opinion, and i'm ok with that.. But how was Barca finished at 1-0 in the first leg ?Very Happy 
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 am

Arquitescu wrote:
jibers wrote:

No they don't Laughing

Yes cause his Bavarian roots and distance from the Allianz Arena equals to directly proportional credibility representing all Bayern fans. Laughing

No but if he is watching them every week live when they play he would have a general sense of the feelings fans have. He has more credibility than you Laughing

And you are basing your assumptions that Bayern fans miss him on what? Please don't even bother creating some elaborate story where your half cousin is German or lie ypu are 1/8th German or some BS. The reason you are giving Gomez metaphorical fellatio is because he is half spanish.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:23 am

Valkyrja wrote:I can't believe we kept Benzema and sold Higuain. At least Pipita is a hardworker and loves the club.
Here we go again....................................

Benzema was better than Higgy at Madrid and he won out, deal with it :coffee:

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:43 am

jibers wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:
jibers wrote:No they don't Laughing

No but if he is watching them every week live when they play he would have a general sense of the feelings fans have. He has more credibility than you Laughing

And you are basing your assumptions that Bayern fans miss him on what? Please don't even bother creating some elaborate story where your half cousin is German or lie ypu are 1/8th German or some BS. The reason you are giving Gomez metaphorical fellatio is because he is half spanish.
Half-Spanish? Then why would I be panning players like Arbeloa, Pique, Alba, Negrito and countless others? Laughing

Even if I did have German within me or a German cousin, that wouldn't send release to any concrete ground to serve and reinforce my debate.

I travel work often in München and was even there for the Audi Cup week (didn't attend) yet understood the general sentiment from Bayern fans on their disappointment in Gomez and Effenberg for catalysing the move. Mandzukic isn't loved there as much as Ribery, Mueller, Lahm Gomez etc were despite his serviceable contribution to Bayern. Others weren't too bothered on the high of post-treble yet there wasn't a shred of doubt from my discussions with countless Bavarians on their distaste for the possible (at the time) Gomez move. You don't just wave off a man who scored insane amounts of goals for you without sentiment as Luca Toni's was just another example.

Whatever failures compiled his successes, general sentiment from Bayern fans is disappointment from his departure as the rest are rather bitter conveniently when he left. The Bavarians acknowledge the latter sentiment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:40 am

jibers wrote:

No they don't Laughing

Well I live in munich myself and there is absolutely a big group of fans who miss him but there's another big group of fans who didn't mind.
To be honest that's hardly surprising as a player who scores as many goals as Gomez will always have quite a fanbase.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 am

Valkyrja wrote:I can't believe we kept Benzema and sold Higuain. At least Pipita is a hardworker and loves the club.
While that may be true, Higuaín very rarely showed up in big games. His hardcore fans on here, kept making the excuse that he was playing well despite not scoring any goals, but that's just not true. Most of the time, he was completely anonymous against the sides that mattered most. While Benzema has been hot and cold pretty much ever since he joined us, he's actually performed in some of our important games, not to mention his contributions to build-up play when he hasn't been scoring. It makes sense to me that the board would prioritize Benzema over Híguain, because we've always had other players capable of scoring goals against the less significant teams in the league. What we've been struggling against is the more capable sides, and that's where Benzema has proven to outshine Higuaín. The Real Madrid board couldn't care less about the fact that El Pipita is a hard worker, or that he's a fan favorite - I think this goes for any board of directors for any top club in football, the opinions of the fans is of little importance.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:27 am

Arquitescu wrote:
jibers wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Yes cause his Bavarian roots and distance from the Allianz Arena equals to directly proportional credibility representing all Bayern fans. Laughing

Half-Spanish? Then why would I be panning players like Arbeloa, Pique, Alba, Negrito and countless others? Laughing

Even if I did have German within me or a German cousin, that wouldn't send release to any concrete ground to serve and reinforce my debate.

I travel work often in München and was even there for the Audi Cup week (didn't attend) yet understood the general sentiment from Bayern fans on their disappointment in Gomez and Effenberg for catalysing the move. Mandzukic isn't loved there as much as Ribery, Mueller, Lahm Gomez etc were despite his serviceable contribution to Bayern. Others weren't too bothered on the high of post-treble yet there wasn't a shred of doubt from my discussions with countless Bavarians on their distaste for the possible (at the time) Gomez move. You don't just wave off a man who scored insane amounts of goals for you without sentiment as Luca Toni's was just another example.

Whatever failures compiled his successes, general sentiment from Bayern fans is disappointment from his departure as the rest are rather bitter conveniently when he left. The Bavarians acknowledge the latter sentiment.
Well it depends, Gomez is a lovable player when scoring bunches of goals but when he misses chances and doesn't perform (e.g. 2012 final against Chelsea) it's hard to love him because he is a poacher who isn't going to work as hard as a guy like Mandzukic. That's why Mandzukic became the preferred #9 because he was a harder worker but he doesn't have the same qualities as Gomez. When Pep came it, it is hard to find a role for a bit of a poacher when bringing in Pep's style and that's why Gomez had to go.

As for Mandzukic's popularity, he isn't the star that Mueller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Ribery or Robben are and as a result he won't get the fandom that Mario Gomez had. However, Mandzukic is a player that fits Bayern and he is a player that I am happy to see play at Bayern, not every player a team owns is going to be wanted by every top team in the world, but that player fits the team perfectly. Bayern has Mandzukic, Dortmund has Weidenfeller, Barca has Pedro, Chelsea has Ramires, etc. These players fit their team well but aren't super stars.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:30 am

even fan favorites are whistled out of the club. not sure whether to laugh or cry tears of Proud

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:53 am

Gil wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Gil wrote:Give me a break. He got his chances last season and hardly took them.

How many big games did he score in? Flat track bully.
getting chances here and there is hardly what I'd call "fair". when higgy was our only striker he carried us on his back and even outscored Ronaldo. Nobody would have batted an eyelid had we sold Benz and kept higgy because we all know he scores nearly every game for us. Can't say the same about the other

We should really have gotten Suarez instead of Bale but whats done is done and you can't do anything about it
Even in the Pellegrini era and before that he did f**k all. Yawn.

He's the Argentian version of Mario Gomez. Great finisher/poacher but useless when no service arrives. Too slow and limited to threaten the big teams.
Slow Rolling Eyes

your kidding me?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:42 am

It's funny that you say how he contributed in "big games against big teams" because in the 2011/2012 BL campaign, Gómez did not score against any of the teams in the top five. Considering how Bayern are the giant of the Bundesliga, to have their star striker not scoring once against those teams is quite horrendous, and seeing how one-dimensional he is, if he is not scoring, he is not helping. That is evidenced by his average 4.0 rating against BMG, average 4.75 rating against BVB, average 4.5 rating against S04, and average 4.5 rating against B04. He wasn't anything special in the Champions League, either. Apart from his 3 goals against SSC Napoli, I can't think of any performance that was great. His four goals against Basel were a piss-take. He had a brace against Manchester City as well, but Bayern never were in a danger moment in the Champions League apart from the semi-final and final, where Gómez flopped.

It's the exact same in the Bundesliga as well. Five of Bayern's six losses in the 2011/2012 season came against teams in the Bundesliga top five, all of whom Gómez failed to score against. He never provided another actual dimension in those matches, either. Gómez flopped in the DFB-Pokal as well, against BMG and BVB.
Arquitescu wrote:His failures have been exaggerated as he remains Germany's #1 CF and Bayern fans mourn his loss.
Gómez is not the number one central forward for Germany, though. The last match he had started was against France in February, where he was horrendous. Miroslav Klose has been starting the majority of the recent matches, and  he is a much better fit for Germany than Gómez is. And no, they really don't. Gómez was a cult player who had his own fans and detractors. The vast majority of Bayern fans are fickle; they complain when Gómez is poor, yet cheer when he is on form. It didn't help when he was on a €10m wage per annum. The same Bayern fans who turn against Robben are cheering for him again. During the Ribéry transfer saga, there were plenty of fans that wanted him to leave for a large fee. Nowadays, Ribéry is hailed as the King of München. You talk about understanding the "general sentiment" of these Bayern fans regarding the transfer, but how did you do this? Did you survey many of them, or what?

With Gómez as the main striker, Bayern never achieved anything. When Mandzukic arrived and added a new dimension, Bayern were dominant. You do not need to have a clinical finisher at Bayern, as evidenced by Mandzukic's success at the club. Any striker can finish a minority of his chances and still score at least 20 goals, as evidenced by Mandzukic's tally. If there was an elite finisher at Bayern along the lines of Falcao or Robin van Persie, they would be easily able to breach 30 goals in the Bundesliga in my opinion. Roy Makaay would have been able to score 50 in all competitions, I think.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next