Football books / DVDs

5 posters

Go down

Football books / DVDs Empty Football books / DVDs

Post by Balzo1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:28 am

As a football newbie I would like to know if any of you know some great books about football tactics and positions in general. I don't mean about specific persons or events, rather like a "dummies" guide or something. A good, detailed book that explains every position / formation and how each pos. should be played. Something like that. Because I find it really hard to understand, even though I play a lot of Fifa :p

If anyone knows such a book, I'd be very happy!

Edit: Maybe DVDS would be better / just as good. But I doubt that there are any dvds for the player, isnt it more for the coaches?

Balzo1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Football books / DVDs Empty Re: Football books / DVDs

Post by Collblanc Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 am

It doesnt matter if its for a coach or a player. I never learned allot about basic defensive tactics, mainly because I'm a winger/CF and I just learned some basics about pressing and defending from the front at school. This one is worth reading for sure!

http://smartsoccerguide.com/PDF%20files/5%20-%20Defensive%20strategy%20and%20tactics.pdf
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

The ball is round by david glodblatt is good for that kind of thing. Also, the website zonal marking is good for tactics, but its a bit more advanced.

Besides that you should just watch some games and figure it out, the basics aren't hard to get at all.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:18 pm

I think there are a good amount of books you can purchase to increase your tactical knowledge but I can't say they are a ''how to'' guide. Books such as Jonathan Wilson's Inverting the Pyramid : A history of tactics and Soccer Modern Tactics book from Alessandro Zauli.

Then later on, websites such as ZonalMarking.net ( As somebody mentioned ) can help you realize how a team is playing in a match and tactical analyses can be received from thinkfootball.co.uk, espnfc.com and haugstadfootball.net .
MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Coaching the Italian 4-4-2 A.Sacchi can be found as DVD and on YouTube for free...

Well if you are willing to go a bit into details and training drills for kids from 6 years up to 16 years, plus some detailed tactical knowledge, both defensively and offensively, then try soccerclinics.com, its very useful I took the course and exam 2 years ago, they sent me a coaching certificate and I do summer coaching camps for the kids in one of the schools close to me.
www.ScoccerClinics.com
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down