Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
EL Patron
Arquitecto
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager Empty Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Rafael Benitez wrote:Rafa Benitez has insisted he is 'very happy' to have been handed the Napoli job and wants the team to 'continue to grow'.

The Spanish tactician was brought in to replace Walter Mazzarri last month, but at his official unveiling today the former Inter man has made his intentions for the upcoming season clear.

“We want to build a stronger team here,” he told a Press conference. “And we want to do well in all three competitions.

“For me, all the players are important. [Marek] Hamsik is important, as is [Lorenzo] Insigne. I think the Slovakian can make the difference.

“I have spoken with Cavani, we have text each other. But I have not talked about his future. We remain hopeful [that he will stay].

“Serie A, as well as other Leagues, have to deal with financial fair play, but Napoli are respecting the parameters and are doing well as a result."

“Italian football is a good place – the national team shows how well the championship is doing as I love watching the Azzuri”

Benitez was then quizzed on whether he could have joined Real Madrid this summer.

“I am very happy to be here – this is a team, and a city that I love already, with a big passion," he added.

“I could have gone to Real Madrid when I was at Liverpool, but I gave my word to Liverpool.

“There's not much to explain really.

“You go where you are wanted, and that is what happened here.

“Feeling well-liked is certainly a big plus.

“I will give everything to this team and this club.

“The President told me from day one that we have to do well on all fronts, but the important thing is to grow as a team.

“We are ambitious, but we know we can build something even stronger. Hopefully with my contribution we can do that.

“We just want to build a squad that can not only do well this year, but also in the future.

“And to do that we have to all work together, and at 100 per cent.”

Great words by a great man.

About time he joins a team to which I can stand instead of Inter & Chelsea respectively. Napoli will now have a manager who will respect the European tournaments unlike Mazzari who believed the opposite. Unlike Mazzari he will actually use Napoli's brilliant youth along with Insigne instead of Mazzari, who'd play Pandev over possibly anyone.

As for Benitez' presentation today:

[img:ac26]http://www.football-italia.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_photo/[type]/[nid]/benitez490ai_16.jpg[/img:ac26]
Possibly the most archetypal Rafa Benitez expression and pose in a picture out there. Anyone who has seen him for long enough knows what I mean.

Last edited by Arquitescu on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager Empty Re: Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Will be sacked by Christmas
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager Empty Re: Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Already signed Mertens, and is pushing hard for Strootman as well Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Mertens, Insigne, Hamsik, Cavani under Rafa Proud Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Already signed Mertens, and is pushing hard for Strootman as well Proud

Is it actually done? btw does anyone know how Rafa plans to line up? i suspect he might change the 3-4-3.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Mertens is still a PSV player, though Napoli are pursuing him.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule 6h
Dries Mertens agrees to a five-year deal with Napoli; medical tomorrow, fee yet to be reached with PSV (though expected to be €9.5M). [vi]

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 pm

EL Patron wrote:Will be sacked by Christmas

And you came to this conclusion....how?

OT: Mertens is close, Gonalons is in negotiations though I don't know about Strootman. Milan & Fiorentina displaying heavy interest in the Dutchman though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule 6h
Dries Mertens agrees to a five-year deal with Napoli; medical tomorrow, fee yet to be reached with PSV (though expected to be €9.5M). [vi]

Right, one twitter source is certainly proof enough for me!  They've never been wrong!

Like Vegard Forren, Daniel Agger, Juan Mata, Jovetic, Rooney, Papadopoulos, etc etc etc.

Note that I did say that Napoli were pursuing Mertens, but an official deal is not yet in place.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Sepi is right though as Mertens is close to Napoli.

@ACMilanHolland who is a very trusted source of mine gave me this article to which he says Mertens has agreed terms with Napoli as Benitez' unveiling will present his signing soon.
http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/item/lerby-mertens-een-napoli-speler

I'm not trained in Dutch so I cannot translate it. I'm assuming you speak/understand it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Until it's officially announced it shouldn't be considered done. You can pull out 5, YES 5, whole internet sources and I'll still say the exact same thing... maybe because, you know, history tends to support waiting until something is officially announced before calling it "official." (funny how similar those two are...)
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:31 pm

RedOranje wrote:Until it's officially announced it shouldn't be considered done.  You can pull out 5, YES 5, whole internet sources and I'll still say the exact same thing... maybe because, you know, history tends to support waiting until something is officially announced before calling it "official." (funny how similar those two are...)

Well I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to transfers or sources which is why I rely on a very small and compact group of sources to which, usually end up being correct.

My point was to address that there is some concrete ground behind the Mertens to Napoli deal.

You just asked me not to present you a source but this is another one released a day ago to which correlates Benitez' unveiling to Merten's signing. Still not Official obviously but giving my last source.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8784798/Dries-Mertens-set-to-become-Rafael-Benitez-s-first-signing-as-Napoli-manager

Make of it what you will.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Rafa will actually look to do whatever he can in Europe. This is good for Calcio.

Alec Baldwin was useless in Europe, playing a C team when the B team is bad enough :facepalm:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:33 pm

"...it appears that he is on the verge of signing for the Italian side."

"Soren Lerby said: 'Napoli and PSV almost reached an agreement. And Dries agreed on 99% of a five-year deal.'"

If you'll notice, that's stating that he's not actually agreed a deal or signed yet, just that he's damned close. And close only counts with horse-shoes and hand-grenades.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:43 pm

RedOranje wrote:"...it appears that he is on the verge of signing for the Italian side."

"Soren Lerby said: 'Napoli and PSV almost reached an agreement. And Dries agreed on 99% of a five-year deal.'"

If you'll notice, that's stating that he's not actually agreed a deal or signed yet, just that he's damned close.  And close only counts with horse-shoes and hand-grenades.

Yes, definitely not official as although I haven't declared that. His agent has speculated further upon it yet with the condition of agent's words nowadays, I wouldn't trust Lerby's word for it.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Proud Finally at a club whose fans will truly appreciate and love him since he's left us

Rafael Benitez unveiled as Napoli Manager BNRSLGmCYAAnWxE
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I'd make Napoli my 4th team in Serie A hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Napoli have always been in my top 4 teams in Italy (Roma, Viola, Samp, and Napoli) Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:56 pm

McAgger wrote:Proud Finally at a club whose fans will truly appreciate and love him since he's left us

Inb4 his car gets set on fire.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
McAgger wrote:Proud Finally at a club whose fans will truly appreciate and love him since he's left us

Inb4 his car gets set on fire.

Truth is clowns like Lavezzi and Hamsik regularly face those instances because

-Hamsik will go out of his way to shop at the convenience store within the Napoli slums followed by a game of fussball with the young'uns. Its how he "feels close" to Napoli.

-Lavezzi was best friends with the Neapolitan Gommorah who hang around the vesuvian spots where crime is higher than the rest of the city.

Places where tough guys like Immobile and Insigne grew up.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Naples is actually a very dangerous city from the sayings of Liverpool fans who travelled there 2 years ago. They were hit, and some were stabbed by Napoli supporters before the game. There was a lot of tension, that when Gerrard scored our winning goal at Anfield he went over them showing the "Shhhh" sign.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:04 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Naples is actually a very dangerous city from the sayings of Liverpool fans who travelled there 2 years ago. They were hit, and some were stabbed by Napoli supporters before the game. There was a lot of tension, that when Gerrard scored our winning goal at Anfield he went over them showing the "Shhhh" sign.

The problem is that San Paolo, which is located almost outside the city is within the dividing line near the vesuvian slums. One of the reasons why a new stadio will be built in order to separate the identity to which has been acquired for San Paolo.

Sort of like Yankee stadium when it was in the Bronx.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Napoli is one of the most beautiful places you can go to, has a great mixture of everything no matter what your interests are, nightlife, educational, museums, argrticulture, history, family events, fun for kids, architecture.... But no one can argue and say Napoli is safe, NO spot in Napoli is safe day or night, the absence of governmental control over the ENTIRE region is obvious. Police are there to fill gaps nothing more nothing less.

But all that crime issue is understandable when you know Napoli has one of the busiest ports in the world, if not the busiest. Busy ports always lead to high crime rates, smuggling, illegal immigrants, prostitution and I mean cheap dirty prostitution especially that shipping ships don't have females on board and the crew stay for weeks in open sea.

In short Napoli is lovely city, but not safe, no part is safe...

Back on topic now, Napoli did a great decision by hiring Rafa, I will be watching much more of them now, I hope they succeed and keep hold of Cavani and the others... Rafa will love Napoli, the fans will love Rafa, Rafa will love Napoli more cheers

Napoli-Inter is the a game to look for next season.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Look at this Napoli side right now, it blows my mind how talented they are.

Could Play like this

-----------------------Cavani
-----Mertens---------------------------Insigne

----------------Hamsik-------Dzemaili
------------------------Inler

Armero-------Cannavaro-------Gamberini----------Maggio

----------------------De Sanctis

Or like this
------------------------Cavani
------------------------Padev

Mertens------------Hamsik----Inler--------------Insigne

Armero-------Cannavaro-------Gamberini----------Maggio

----------------------De Sanctis

and many other ways that include a three back

--
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Don't think they'll play with 3 at the back.

Rafa has always played a 4 at the back. That might change at Napoli, it will be interesting to see.

They need a new keeper and Strootman will slot in nicely behind Hamsik if rumours are anything to go by.

Napoli will definitely be a team to watch in Europe next season with his experience there. Napoli are also one of the best teams to watch on the counter-attack and are extremely lethal at it. Benitez is a talented coach in that depart. The move makes sense. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next